1772 Foundation Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 1772 Foundation.

Quotes About 1772 Foundation

Enjoy collection of 36 1772 Foundation quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 1772 Foundation. Righ click to see and save pictures of 1772 Foundation quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Every lord's mansion stands on the foundation of your bones, soldier, every field has been saturated with your sweat, and you, peasant, even if you worked your arms down to the stub, if you won a hundred battles, and faithfully gave the last drop of your blood for your country, you would always be a slave. There is no land for you, no heaven, no shelter, not even a doghouse where you could rest your poor head. You are the last before God and before people, the last one. ~ Wladyslaw Stanislaw Reymont
1772 Foundation quotes by Wladyslaw Stanislaw Reymont
There is only one way to shift your consciousness from painful conditional attachments to peaceful unconditional love. You must create new love expectations based on honour, respect & support. Honour what you feel by believing you can have what you want. Respect where you are in your life, understanding that when you are ready to move forward you will. Support yourself by refusing to accept less than you want. This is your foundation. ~ Iyanla Vanzant
1772 Foundation quotes by Iyanla Vanzant
The easy way is efficacious and speedy, the hard way arduous and long. But, as the clock ticks, the easy way becomes harder and the hard way becomes easier. And as the calendar records the years, it becomes increasingly evident that the easy way rests hazardously upon shifting sands, whereas the hard way builds solidly a foundation of confidence that cannot be swept away. ~ Colonel Sanders
1772 Foundation quotes by Colonel Sanders
Confident Assured Posture: Foundation of Powerful Style ~ Cindy Ann Peterson
1772 Foundation quotes by Cindy Ann Peterson
The foundation upon which Rotary is built is friendship; on no less firm foundation could it have stood. ~ Paul P. Harris
1772 Foundation quotes by Paul P. Harris
After mutual respect and understanding are achieved, it is possible to establish real, sincere relationships, which is the foundation of a solid long-term collaboration. ~ Ron Garan
1772 Foundation quotes by Ron Garan
There is nothing in which mankind have been more unanimous [founding nations upon superstition]; yet nothing can be inferred from it more than this, that the multitude have always been credulous, and the few artful. The United States of America have exhibited, perhaps, the first example of governments erected on the simple principles of nature: and if men are now sufficiently enlightened to disabuse themselves of artifice, imposture, hypocrisy, and superstition, they will consider this event as an era in their history... [T]he detail of the formation of the American governments... may hereafter become an object of curiosity. It will never be pretended that any persons employed in that service had any interviews with the gods, or were in any degree under the inspiration of heaven... it will for ever be acknowledged that these governments were contrived merely by the use of reason and the senses... Thirteen governments thus founded on the natural authority of the people alone, without a pretence of miracle or mystery, which are destined to spread over the northern part of that whole quarter of the globe, are a great point gained in favour of the rights of mankind.

[A Defence of the Constitutions of the United States of America, 1787] ~ John Adams
1772 Foundation quotes by John  Adams
Aspire to be like Mt. Fuji, with such a broad and solid foundation that the strongest earthquake cannot move you, and so tall that the greatest enterprises of common men seem insignificant from your lofty perspective. With your mind as high as Mt Fuji you can see all things clearly. And you can see all the forces that shape events; not just the things happening near to you. ~ Miyamoto Musashi
1772 Foundation quotes by Miyamoto Musashi
-Let respect be the foundation, affection the first floor, love the superstructure; Mdlle Reuters is a skillful architect.
- And interest?
-yes, no doubt; it will be the cement between every stone! ~ Charlotte Bronte
1772 Foundation quotes by Charlotte Bronte
Obedience to lawful authority is the foundation of manly character. ~ Robert E.Lee
1772 Foundation quotes by Robert E.Lee
Christmas is filled with joy and laughter, but love is the foundation that inspires it all. ~ Wayne Chirisa
1772 Foundation quotes by Wayne Chirisa
Three Pillars of Life
1 LOVE: The foundation of life
Every single life that's built on the foundation of love is rock solid but life without love crumbles and drift away. ' And now these three remain: faith,hope and love. But the greatest is love'(1Corinthians13:13).
2 TRUST: The builder of relationships
Every relationship based on trust becomes a close-knit and priceless relationship.
'He will not let your foot slip-
he who watches over you will not slumber(Psalms121:3).
3 LOYALTY:A continuous manner of living
Loyalty stands by you and support you through thick and thin.
But Ruth replied, ' Don't ask me to leave you and turn back. Wherever you go I will go; wherever you live, I will live. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God(Ruth 1:16). ~ Euginia Herlihy
1772 Foundation quotes by Euginia Herlihy
Mutual cheating is the foundation of society. ~ Blaise Pascal
1772 Foundation quotes by Blaise Pascal
In such a performance you may lay the foundation of national happiness only in religion, not by leaving it doubtful "whether morals can exist without it," but by asserting that without religion morals are the effects of causes as purely physical as pleasant breezes and fruitful seasons. ~ Benjamin Rush
1772 Foundation quotes by Benjamin Rush
There are great truths at the foundation of Freemasonry, truths which it is its mission to teach and which is constituting the very essence of, that sublime system which gives the venerable institution its peculiar identity as a science of morality, and it behooves every disciple diligently to ponder and inwardly digest. ~ Albert Pike
1772 Foundation quotes by Albert Pike
Gratitude is the foundation of compassion. ~ Master Jun Hong Lu
1772 Foundation quotes by Master Jun Hong Lu
Productive power is the foundation of a country's economic strength. ~ Stafford Cripps
1772 Foundation quotes by Stafford Cripps
When you reach for the horizon, as I've proven, you may not get there, but what a tremendous build of character and spirit that you lay down. What a foundation you lay down in reaching for those horizons. ~ Diana Nyad
1772 Foundation quotes by Diana Nyad
To know what we think, to be masters of our own meaning, will make a solid foundation for great and weighty thought. ~ Charles Sanders Peirce
1772 Foundation quotes by Charles Sanders Peirce
Earth Citizens have minds and hearts that know the Earth is the foundation of everything they do. ~ Ilchi Lee
1772 Foundation quotes by Ilchi Lee
In representing criminal defendants especially guilty ones it is often necessary to take the offensive against the government: to put the government on trial for its misconduct. In law, as in sports, the best defense is often a good offense. The courtroom oath to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth is applicable only to witnesses ... because the American justice system is built on a foundation of not telling the whole entire truth. ~ Alan Dershowitz
1772 Foundation quotes by Alan Dershowitz
I wish continued success to the Foundation. You're doing an important job to help what is called 'the beautiful game'. You're helping it to expand at every level. I will always remember this very special night in Washington, D.C. ~ Lamar Hunt
1772 Foundation quotes by Lamar Hunt
Fantasy writing must be grounded in both truth and life experience if it is to work. It can be as inventive and creative as the writer can make it, a whirlwind of images and plot twists, but it cannot be built on a foundation of air. The world must be identifiable with our own, must offer us a frame of reference we can recognize."
"Fantasy stories work because the writer has interwoven bits and pieces of reality with imagination to form a personal vision. ~ Terry Brooks
1772 Foundation quotes by Terry Brooks
My kids are one, three, five and eight, and we are all horsey. The kids have got their ponies and can ride. Our foundation mare is special to our hearts. She was one of my first ever horses. She was my first ever winner at Chester, which is also special, and she's just the apple of our eyes, really. ~ Michael Owen
1772 Foundation quotes by Michael Owen
Prizing elegance, sweet emotions, and fantasy more than morals and truth; wallowing in fleeting romance rather than trying to give meaning to life, when who knows what's going to happen to you anyway; ignoring virtue and conventions to cherish only the pleasures you are definitely experiencing now: this is the Cocoro of Rococo. No matter how much deep thought, hard work, and agonizing effort went into coaxing out some insight, if that insight is boring, or not beautiful, it doesn't matter. And even if something is made just for laughs, if you find it pleasing, it has value. Other people's opinions and labor do not figure into your assessment; choosing things with your own personal sense of "I like this, I don't like that" is the ultimate individualism that sustains the very foundation of Rococo. Rococo, therefore, embodies the spirit of punk rock and anarchism more than any philosophy. Only in Rococo - elegant yet in bad taste, extravagant yet defiant and lawless - can I discover the meaning of life. ~ Novala Takemoto
1772 Foundation quotes by Novala Takemoto
Say you have cancer - you have this broad thing we call cancer; we're going to irradiate you and pump this poisonous material into you and hope more of the bad stuff dies than the good. That is going to seem so medieval when we can fix it on a genetic level, and Foundation Medicine is the first step to diagnosing it on a genetic level. ~ Bill Maris
1772 Foundation quotes by Bill Maris
Trust is the foundation for a strong and successful relationship.
If the foundation is weak, the relationship will experience dishonesty, failed promises and can lead to self- destruction, whereas a strong foundation for a successful relationship is based on trust. All promises are made with efforts to keep them. ~ Ellen J. Barrier
1772 Foundation quotes by Ellen J. Barrier
Dreams are at the foundation of all religions. ~ Rodger Kamenetz
1772 Foundation quotes by Rodger Kamenetz
The building blocks that form the foundation of your great and successful future, are the actions you take today ~ Topsy Gift
1772 Foundation quotes by Topsy Gift
Before you lay a foundation on the cricket field, there should be a solid foundation in your heart and you start building on that. After that as you start playing more and more matches, you learn how to score runs and how to take wickets. ~ Sachin Tendulkar
1772 Foundation quotes by Sachin Tendulkar
The manner in which things exist and take place, constitutes what is called the nature of things; and a careful observation of the nature of things is the sole foundation of all truth. ~ Jean-Baptiste Say
1772 Foundation quotes by Jean-Baptiste Say
While it is a convenient construct to divide hope into a cognitive and an affective component, the two are tightly coupled. Feelings and emotions mold logical thinking and eliberate decision making...True hope, then, is not initiated and sustained by completely erasing the emotions, like fear and anxiety, that are often its greatest obstacles. An equilibrium needs to be established, integrating the genuine threats and dangers that exist into the proposed strategies to subsume them. So when a person tells me that he doesn't want to know about the problems and risks, that he believes ignorance is necessary for bliss, I acknowledge that yes, yunbridled fear can shatter a fragile sense of hope. But I assert that he still needs to know a minimum amount of information about his diagnosis and the course of his problem; otherwise his hope is false, and false hope is an insubstantial foundation upon which to stand and weather the vicissitudes of difficult circumstances. It is only true hope that carries its companions, courage and resilience, through. False hope causes them to ultimately fall by the wayside as reality intervenes and overpowers illusion. ~ Jerome Groopman
1772 Foundation quotes by Jerome Groopman
I have a passion for modern and contemporary art. I spend a lot of time in museums; I particularly like the Guggenheim, MoMA in New York or LACMA and the Getty Museum in Los Angeles, for example. I cannot wait for the Louis Vuitton Foundation to open. ~ Delphine Arnault
1772 Foundation quotes by Delphine Arnault
The triangle is a foundation to an offense. ~ Bill Cartwright
1772 Foundation quotes by Bill Cartwright
It means a great deal, I think, to start off on a foundation which one has made for oneself. ~ Booker T. Washington
1772 Foundation quotes by Booker T. Washington
It is Deism which depicts God as the passive onlooker rather than the active governor of His world, and which assures us that the guarantee of human freedom lies in the fact that men's actions are not under God's control. But the Bible teaches rather that the freedom of God, who works in and through His creatures, leading them to act according to their nature, is itself the foundation and guarantee of the freedom of their action. ~ J.I. Packer
1772 Foundation quotes by J.I. Packer
Spellchecker Online Quotes «
» Colors Flowers Quotes