1739 Summertime Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 1739 Summertime.

Quotes About 1739 Summertime

Enjoy collection of 41 1739 Summertime quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 1739 Summertime. Righ click to see and save pictures of 1739 Summertime quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Do you really like to read that much?" she asked as we ambled our way casually in the dark toward the piazzetta. I looked at her as if she had asked me if I loved music, or bread and salted butter, or ripe fruit in the summertime. "Don't get me wrong," she said. "I like to read too. But I don't tell anyone." At last, I thought, someone who speaks the truth. I asked her why she didn't tell anyone. "I don't know ... " This was more her way of asking for time to think or to hedge before answering, "People who read are hiders. They hide who they are. People who hide don't always like who they are." "Do you hide who you are?" "Sometimes. Don't you?" "Do I? I suppose. ~ Andre Aciman
1739 Summertime quotes by Andre Aciman
Summer had a way of being full of fun and things to do and plenty of times of doing nothing and feeling bored. ~ Sofi Benitez
1739 Summertime quotes by Sofi Benitez
Summer, summer, summertime time to sit back and unwind. ~ Will Smith
1739 Summertime quotes by Will Smith
We were at another funeral party. I wasn't sure who had died this time, but it was a suicide, and upsetting because it was completely out of season. No on killed themselves in summertime. It was rude. ~ Marya Hornbacher
1739 Summertime quotes by Marya Hornbacher
Summertime, and the reading is easy ... Well, maybe not easy, exactly, but July and August are hardly the months to start working your way through the works of Germanic philosophers. Save Hegel, Heidegger, and Husserl for the bleaker days of February. ~ Michael Dirda
1739 Summertime quotes by Michael Dirda
Lucky for me, all four of his hooves missed my body as they found the ground. I picked my head up, thankful I didn't get stomped, and watched the steer run off along the fence. Mental note: cows are not like horses. Don't let the big brown eyes fool you. ~ Brittney Joy
1739 Summertime quotes by Brittney Joy
I drive a lot in the summertime, but after that, I don't drive if there's snow predicted for anywhere in 500 miles. ~ R.L. Stine
1739 Summertime quotes by R.L. Stine
This time of year, the purple blooms were busy with life- not just the bees, but butterflies and ladybugs, skippers and emerald-toned beetles, flitting hummingbirds and sapphire dragonflies. The sun-warmed sweet haze of the blossoms filled the air.
"When I was a kid," said Isabel, "I used to capture butterflies, but I was afraid of the bees. I'm getting over that, though." The bees softly rose and hovered over the flowers, their steady hum oddly soothing. The quiet buzzing was the soundtrack of her girlhood summers. Even now, she could close her eyes and remember her walks with Bubbie, and how they would net a monarch or swallowtail butterfly, studying the creature in a big clear jar before setting it free again. They always set them free.
As she watched the activity in the hedge, a memory floated up from the past- Bubbie, gently explaining to Isabel why they needed to open the jar. "No creature should ever be trapped against its will," she used to say. "It will ruin itself, just trying to escape." As a survivor of a concentration camp, Bubbie only ever spoke of the experience in the most oblique of terms. ~ Susan Wiggs
1739 Summertime quotes by Susan Wiggs
Summertime in the french countryside is the smell of ripening fig trees and the taste of wild blackberries. ~ Vicki Archer
1739 Summertime quotes by Vicki Archer
Come with me,' Mom says.
To the library.
Books and summertime
go together. ~ Lisa Schroeder
1739 Summertime quotes by Lisa Schroeder
There's nothing worse than feeling miserable on a beautiful day. It was one of those days where the weather was so perfect it was almost painful, the sky a clean slate of blue, and the soft, warm breeze playing on my cheeks and through my hair as if to say, "Come on, it's not THAT bad. ~ Robert Haller
1739 Summertime quotes by Robert   Haller
The first trip I remember taking was on the train from Virginia up to New York City, watching the summertime countryside rolling past the window. They used white linen tablecloths in the dining car in those days, and real silver. I love trains to this day. Maybe that was the beginning of my fixation with leisurely modes of travel. ~ Billy Campbell
1739 Summertime quotes by Billy Campbell
I've always been adventurous. In the summertime, my mom would lock me outside of the house and say, 'Do something, and come back later.' ~ Stephen Colletti
1739 Summertime quotes by Stephen Colletti
I have a passion for ballad ... They are the gypsy children of song, born under green hedgerows in the leafy lanes and bypaths of literature,
in the genial Summertime. ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
1739 Summertime quotes by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
The Queen of Hearts, she made some tarts, all on a hot summer's day. The Knave of Hearts, he stole those tarts. The mad Queen said, "Off with his head! Off with his head! Off with his head!" Well ... that's too bad ... no more heads to cut. ~ Jun Mochizuki
1739 Summertime quotes by Jun Mochizuki
( ... )where tourists and people from the city came in search of sand, sun and expensive forms of boredome. ~ Carlos Ruiz Zafon
1739 Summertime quotes by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
Summer has always been good to me, even the bittersweet end, with the slant of yellow light. ~ Paul Monette
1739 Summertime quotes by Paul Monette
Well I'm a-gonna raise a fuss, I'm gonna raise a holler
About workin' all summer just to try an' earn a dollar
Everytime I call my baby, to try to get a date
My boss says, no dice, son, you gotta work late
Sometimes I wonder what I'm gonna do
'cause there ain't no cure for the summertime blues. ~ Eddie Cochran
1739 Summertime quotes by Eddie Cochran
The universe wouldn't get us together for just one summer, right? ~ Becky Albertalli
1739 Summertime quotes by Becky Albertalli
People always want to know what it feels like, so I'll tell you: there's a sting when you first slice, and then your heart speeds up when you see the blood, because you know you've done something you shouldn't have, and yet you've gotten away with it. Then you sort of go into a trance, because it's truly dazzling - that bright red line, like a highway route on a map that you want to follow to see where it leads. And - God - the sweet release, that's the best way I can describe it, kind of like a balloon that's tied to a little kid's hand, which somehow breaks free and floats into the sky. You just know that balloon is thinking, Ha, I don't belong to you after all; and at the same time, Do they have any idea how beautiful the view is from up here? And then the balloon remembers, after the fact, that it has a wicked fear of heights.
When reality kicks in, you grab some toilet paper or a paper towel (better than a washcloth, because the stains don't ever come out 100 percent) and you press hard against the cut. You can feel your embarrassment; it's a backbeat underneath your pulse. Whatever relief there was a minute ago congeals, like cold gravy, into a fist in the pit of your stomach. You literally make yourself sick, because you promised yourself last time would be the last time, and once again, you've let yourself down. So you hide the evidence of your weakness under layers of clothes long enough to cover the cuts, even if it's summertime and no one is wearing jeans or l ~ Jodi Picoult
1739 Summertime quotes by Jodi Picoult
After spending more than 17 years playing for the NBA, in the summertime, I always came back to community service and different basketball clinics. ~ Dikembe Mutombo
1739 Summertime quotes by Dikembe Mutombo
All I cared about that summer were suntans, beaches, boys and booze. ~ Shannon Celebi
1739 Summertime quotes by Shannon Celebi
It's a smile, it's a kiss, it's a sip of wine ... it's summertime! ~ Kenny Chesney
1739 Summertime quotes by Kenny Chesney
In the Middle East in the summertime, to keep cool, a lot of people sleep on the rooftops. ~ Daron Malakian
1739 Summertime quotes by Daron Malakian
You made me feel what summertime really is. Underneath what's bright, you knew the hot dark rasp of it. ~ Ava Dellaira
1739 Summertime quotes by Ava Dellaira
I go out and salsa with friends, especially in the summertime. Now that's incredible cardio! ~ Vanessa L. Williams
1739 Summertime quotes by Vanessa L. Williams
Idgie smiled back at her and looked up into the clear blue sky that reflected in her eyes and she was as happy as anybody who is in love in the summertime can be. ~ Fannie Flagg
1739 Summertime quotes by Fannie Flagg
What do I want to take home from my summer vacation? Time. The wonderful luxury of being at rest. The days when you shut down the mental machinery that keeps life on track and let life simply wander. The days when you stop planning, analyzing, thinking and just are. Summer is my period of grace. ~ Ellen Goodman
1739 Summertime quotes by Ellen Goodman
New York and New Jersey are probably two of my favorite places to get really good surf in the summertime. ~ Brandon Cruz
1739 Summertime quotes by Brandon Cruz
Before you rip off three feet of toilet paper, consider that each year 500,000 acres of virgin boreal forest in northern Alberta and Ontario are being clear-cut to make the stuff. These forests are home to some 500 First Nation communities, as well as caribou and bears, moose and wolves, and, in the summertime, billions of songbirds. ~ Alex Shoumatoff
1739 Summertime quotes by Alex Shoumatoff
This kind of heat sucks when you're not at the beach with a cold beer in your hand. I need a vacation from my vacation. ~ April Mae Monterrosa
1739 Summertime quotes by April Mae Monterrosa
That it would always be summer and autumn, and you always courting me, and always thinking as much of me as you have done through the past summertime! ~ Thomas Hardy
1739 Summertime quotes by Thomas Hardy
Kiss Me Hard Before You Go,Summertime Sadness ~ Lana Del Rey
1739 Summertime quotes by Lana Del Rey
As one sits here in summertime and listens to the cuckoo and all the other bird songs, the crackling and buzzing of insects, as one gazes at the shining colors of flowers, doth one become dumbstruck before the Kingdom of the Creator. ~ Carl Linnaeus
1739 Summertime quotes by Carl Linnaeus
Summer was meeting everyone by throwing the rich carpet of blue periwinkles over the little hill under one of the spreading apricot trees, and by sparking off the lights of red and lilac decorative peas which crawled on the lattice boarding the vegetable garden ~ Sahara Sanders
1739 Summertime quotes by Sahara Sanders
Naw, it's real. Ah couldn't stand it if he wuz tuh quit me. Don't know whut Ah'd do. He kin take most any lil thing and make summertime out of it when times is dull. Then we lives offa dat happiness he made till some mo' happiness come along. ~ Zora Neale Hurston
1739 Summertime quotes by Zora Neale Hurston
Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer's year. It brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul. ~ Billy Graham
1739 Summertime quotes by Billy Graham
First they burned her - that was last month. Actually just two weeks ago. Now they're starvng him. When he's dead, they'll burn him too.
Oh, how jolly. All this burning of family members in the summertime. ~ Lydia Davis
1739 Summertime quotes by Lydia Davis
Neither can you explain yourself to me. Nor can I explain myself to you. You have your sadness and I have mine. ~ Avijeet Das
1739 Summertime quotes by Avijeet Das
I would need ... daisy love, you know, pretty love, sweet love that nonetheless was ubiquitous in roadside ditches in the summertime, and instead I would get orchid love. Love that needed misting and replanting and pruning and fertilizing and died anyway. ~ Mary Ann Rivers
1739 Summertime quotes by Mary Ann Rivers
It's not that we have to leave this life one day, it's how many things we have to leave all at once: holding hands, hotel rooms, wine, summertime,
drunkenness, and the physics of falling leaves, clothing, myrrh, perfumed hair, flirting friends, two strangers' glance; the reflection of the moon, with words like, 'Soon' ... 'do you
want me?' ... '...to lie enlaced' ... 'and sleep entwined' thinking ahead, with thoughts behind...?' Ô, Why!
Why can't we leave this life slowly? ~ Roman Payne
1739 Summertime quotes by Roman Payne
Distaff Synonym Quotes «
» Barrotes De Madera Quotes