1444 Form Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 1444 Form.

Quotes About 1444 Form

Enjoy collection of 34 1444 Form quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 1444 Form. Righ click to see and save pictures of 1444 Form quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Militarism is basically a way of thinking, a certain interpretation of the function of the state; this manner of thinking is, moreover, revealed by its outer forms: by armaments and state organization. ~ Christian Lous Lange
1444 Form quotes by Christian Lous Lange
The basic error of fundamentalism is that it overlooks the contribution of the receptive side in the revelatory situation and consequently identifies one individual and conditioned form of receiving the divine with the divine itself. ~ Paul Tillich
1444 Form quotes by Paul Tillich
Sometimes when you've reached a peak experience, you look for other peak experiences ... I'd always been interested in art. I was looking for other experiences outside of sports. Art was a form of expression I had always liked a great deal. ~ Bob Beamon
1444 Form quotes by Bob Beamon
She was furious that I had seen her true form, horrified and embarrassed that I had stripped her disguise away and seen the creature beneath. And she was afraid that I could take away even her mask, forever, with my power. ~ Jim Butcher
1444 Form quotes by Jim Butcher
The curious thing is Americans don't mind individual mandates when they come in the form of payroll taxes to buy mandatory public insurance. In fact, that's the system we call Social Security and Medicare, and both are so popular politicians dare not touch them. ~ Robert Reich
1444 Form quotes by Robert Reich
The area we define as what Quora's good at is long-form text that's useful over time, and where you care about who wrote the text. Not that you need to be friends with them, just that they're someone trustworthy. ~ Adam D'Angelo
1444 Form quotes by Adam D'Angelo
Even in a gleefully negative comic, there is optimism, although it's slightly hidden: It comes out through a comic character's sheer tenacity. He keeps going and trying to find some sort of fulfillment regardless of his perpetual failure record. That's a form of hope, a form of optimism. Really hokey I know, but it's true. ~ Lev Yilmaz
1444 Form quotes by Lev Yilmaz
If an election is simply a one-day snapshot of transient mass delusions, then this is not a very noble form of government. ~ James Bovard
1444 Form quotes by James Bovard
Love has its own independent form and formlessness. When someone loves you be gratiful for it. If they stop loving be grateful for that. If they love another, let them love! ~ Frederick Lenz
1444 Form quotes by Frederick Lenz
In a way, the history of jazz's development is a small mirror of classical music's development through the centuries. Now jazz is a living form of original music, while classical music has gotten to the end of its cycle in terms of exploring its form. ~ Mike Figgis
1444 Form quotes by Mike Figgis
The creation of all those symbols and logotypes which are an ever more striking feature of the world in which we live calls for a new and fresh approach to lettering in the part of the designer. In these logotypes the combination of letters can be more or less obvious; but only deliberately contrived encounters of elements and confrontations of values can lead beyond the letters to new forms of expression. ~ Armin Hofmann
1444 Form quotes by Armin Hofmann
There is a great risk that Christians may become idolaters if they lose the meaning of silence. Our words inebriate us; they confine us to what is created. Bewitched and imprisoned by the noise of human speech, we run the risk of designing worship to our specifications, a god in our own image. Words bring with them the temptation of the golden calf! Only silence leads man beyond words, to the mystery, to worship in spirit and in truth. Silence is a form of mystagogy; it brings us into the mystery without spoiling it. ~ Robert Sarah
1444 Form quotes by Robert Sarah
It's a fantastic privilege to spend three or four hundred pages with a reader. You have time to go into certain questions that are painful or difficult or complicated. That's one thing that appeals to me very much about the novel form. ~ Anne Michaels
1444 Form quotes by Anne Michaels
This new situation, in which "humanity" has in effect assumed the role formerly ascribed to nature or history, would mean in this context that the right to have rights, or the right of every individual to belong to humanity, should be guaranteed by humanity itself. It is by no means certain whether this is possible. For, contrary to the best-intentioned humanitarian attempts to obtain new declarations of human rights from international organizations, it should be understood that this idea transcends the present sphere of international law which still operates in terms of reciprocal agreements and treaties between sovereign states; and, for the time being, a sphere that is above the nation does not exist. Furthermore, this dilemma would by no means be eliminated by the establishment of a "world government." Such a world government is indeed within the realm of possibility, but one may suspect that in reality it might differ considerably from the version promoted by idealistic-minded organizations. The crimes against human rights, which have become a specialty of totalitarian regimes, can always be justified by the pretext that right is equivalent to being good or useful for the whole in distinction to its parts. (Hitler's motto that "Right is what is good for the German people" is only the vulgarized form of a conception of law which can be found everywhere and which in practice will remain effectual only so long as older traditions that are still effective in the constitution ~ Hannah Arendt
1444 Form quotes by Hannah Arendt
Everything is boring, boredom is the other epidemic which is making Europe ripe for decline. Boredom is the end product of each and every civilization. It is the arteriosclerosis of the great thinking peoples. The moment always arrives where even God, whether he's called Zeus, Zebaoth or Zoroaster, has finished creating the universe and asks: "What's the point of it, actually?" He yawns and chucks it aside. Mankind does the same with civilization. Boredom is the condition of a people which no longer believes but all the same is doing just fine. Boredom is when every clock in the country is predestined to be correct. When the same naive flowers blossom again in the month of March. When every day the deaths of good family fathers are announced in the papers. When a war breaks out in the Balkans. When poems go on about the stars. Boredom is a symptom of aging. Boredom is the diagnosis that talent and virtue are slowly being spent. Boredom is the life-long determination to a form of being which has worn itself out. ~ Iwan Goll
1444 Form quotes by Iwan Goll
It is not known that Litvinoff's favorite flower was the peony. That his favorite form of punctuation was the question mark. That he had terrible dreams and could only fall asleep, if he could fall asleep at all, with a glass of warm milk. That he often imagined his own death. That he thought the woman who loved him was wrong to. That he was flat-footed. That his favorite food was the potato.That he liked to think of himself as a philosopher. That he questioned all things, even the most simple, to the extent that when someone passing him on the street raised his hat and said, "Good day," Litvinoff often paused so long to weigh the evidence that by the time he'd settled on an answer the person had gone on his way, leaving him standing alone.
These things were lost to oblivion like so much about so many who are born and die without anyone ever taking the time to write it all down. ~ Nicole Krauss
1444 Form quotes by Nicole Krauss
One of the greatest forms of success is to be able to help others accomplish their own success. ~ Jon Jones
1444 Form quotes by Jon Jones
Soon a gentle light stole over the heavens, and gave me a sensation of pleasure. I started up, and beheld a radiant form rise from among the trees.* I gazed with a kind of wonder. It moved slowly, but it enlightened my path ; and I again went out. * The moon. ~ Mary Shelley
1444 Form quotes by Mary Shelley
The brain does not create consciousness, but conciousness created the brain, the most complex physical form on earth, for its expression.
~ Eckhart Tolle
1444 Form quotes by Eckhart Tolle
Only ever doing what feels comfortable is a form of suicide. ~ Oli Anderson
1444 Form quotes by Oli Anderson
Out of limitations, new forms emerge ~ Georges Braque
1444 Form quotes by Georges Braque
I consider a tree.

I can look on it as a picture: stiff column in a shock of light, or splash of green shot with the delicate blue and silver of the background.

I can perceive it as movement: flowing veins on clinging, pressing pith, suck of the roots, breathing of the leaves, ceaseless commerce with earth and air - and the obscure growth itself.

I can classify it in a species and study it as a type in its structure and mode of life.

I can subdue its actual presence and form so sternly that I recognise it only as an expression of law - of the laws in accordance with which a constant opposition of forces is continually adjusted, or of those in accordance with which the component substances mingle and separate.

I can dissipate it and perpetuate it in number, in pure numerical relation.

In all this the tree remains my object, occupies space and time, and has its nature and constitution.

It can, however, also come about, if I have both will and grace, that in considering the tree I become bound up in relation to it. The tree is now no longer It. I have been seized by the power of exclusiveness.

To effect this it is not necessary for me to give up any of the ways in which I consider the tree. There is nothing from which I would have to turn my eyes away in order to see, and no knowledge that I would have to forget. Rather is everything, picture and movement, species and type, law and number, ~ Martin Buber
1444 Form quotes by Martin Buber
As an American, I sit at home, watch the news, and make a series of assumptions about other countries. But news stories don't form the picture. They only give us license to feel some kind of political and economic superiority. And I did. On this trip, at this most joyous of weddings, I found that it's a dangerous superiority that swallows the three-dimensionality of their lives. That my guilt is useless and belittling. That the Americanness of my opinions mattered not more, but just as much as anyone else's. The outlines of a responsibility began to take hold: I have to talk about them like they're people, not news stories. ~ Negin Farsad
1444 Form quotes by Negin Farsad
Discouragement itself is a form of pride. ~ Therese Of Lisieux
1444 Form quotes by Therese Of Lisieux
The difference between secret and
lie is similar to the difference of ice
and water.
when you heat ice it becomes water.
and when you force anyone to
reveal there secrets it comes in a
form of lie. ~ Munendra Dwivedi
1444 Form quotes by Munendra Dwivedi
Each person's life is like a mandala - a vast, limitless circle. We stand in the center of our own circle, and everything we see, hear and think forms the mandala of our life ... everything that shows up in your mandala is a vehicle for your awakening. ~ Pema Chodron
1444 Form quotes by Pema Chodron
What I know for sure is that I am a temporary expression in physical form of the one consciousness that expresses itself throughout the universe. I am not separate from that. ~ Eckhart Tolle
1444 Form quotes by Eckhart Tolle
I'm sure that had I not been a coach, I would have been some form of a teacher. ~ John Madden
1444 Form quotes by John Madden
Mapping out your own future in the form of images, phrases, and inspirational words that you are able to see every day will help reinforce your desires to attain what you set out to achieve. ~ Robert Cheeke
1444 Form quotes by Robert Cheeke
There exists a powerful energizing force in the spiritual life principle. All energy began with the Creator, who infused it not only in all natural processes, but also into that higher form of nature called human nature. The more closely, then, that a person identifies with the Creator, the more surely that person will experience within his or her own nature the process of re-creation which operates in all creation. ~ Norman Vincent Peale
1444 Form quotes by Norman Vincent Peale
Pretending can be a bold form of experimentation and inventiveness. In pretending joy or happiness, we may discover or enhance our capacity for it. ~ Harriet Lerner
1444 Form quotes by Harriet Lerner
Intolerance is a form of egotism, and to condemn egotism intolerantly is to share it. ~ George Santayana
1444 Form quotes by George Santayana
Immediately before a great victory, one will often experience some form of difficulty. The key is to maintain your focus and keep on believing. ~ Robin S. Sharma
1444 Form quotes by Robin S. Sharma
A creative period in art is
determined by the order of a particular style applied to the disorder of a particular time. It gives form and
formulas to contemporary passions. ~ Albert Camus
1444 Form quotes by Albert Camus
Guidroz Jewelry Quotes «
» Scibor Monstrous Quotes