145 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 145.

Quotes About 145

Enjoy collection of 35 145 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 145. Righ click to see and save pictures of 145 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Goucher *never* eats lunch. If he is hungry, he will have a granola bar or another light snack. The guys, especially Reese, kid him that he does not eat enough. He used to eat more. Standing 5'9" to 5'10", he weighs in at just under 140 pounds. At the Olympic Trials in Atlanta in 1996, he weighed 145. After the 5000-meter final, where he finished a disappointing fourteenth, Wetmore told him he was fat. Goucher was livid. When he calmed down he realized Wetmore was right, and he made a conscious effort to lose any excess weight since then. He feels the difference. "My chest was bigger, my arms were bigger. Losing the five pounds has helped me thin out, and it's cut me more. It's made a big difference. ~ Chris Lear
145 quotes by Chris Lear
You can power the entire U.S. vehicle fleet with 73,000 to 145,000 five-megawatt wind turbines. That would take between one and three square kilometers of footprint on the ground. ~ Mark Z. Jacobson
145 quotes by Mark Z. Jacobson
It is not our free will but 'it is the Lord who sets the captive free' (Ps. 145:7). It is not our own virtue but 'it is the Lord who lifts up those who were laid low' (Ps. 145:8). It is not application to reading but 'it is the Lord who gives light to the blind' (Ps. 145:8). It is not our cautiousness but 'it is the Lord who protects the stranger' (Ps. 145:9). It is not our endurance but 'it is the Lord who raises or gives support to the fallen' (Ps. 144:14). ~ John Cassian
145 quotes by John Cassian
On the glorious splendor of your majesty, and on your wondrous works, I will meditate. PSALM 145:5 ~ Paul David Tripp
145 quotes by Paul David Tripp
As tranquil streams that meet and merge and flow as one to meet the sea, our kindred hearts and minds unite to build a church that shall be free. Marion Franklin Ham, no. 145 ~ Warren R. Ross
145 quotes by Warren R. Ross
If the church is to survive as a place where head and heart are equal partners in faith, then we will need to commit ourselves once again not to the worship of Christ, but to the imitation of Jesus. His invitation was not to believe, but to follow. (p. 145) ~ Robin R. Meyers
145 quotes by Robin R. Meyers
Celebrated the evening with one of my building's valets - a twenty-one-year-old kid who only made it five pumps, but brought some good weed and laughed at my jokes. It was a sad start to my new life.
Torre, Alessandra (2014-08-24). Black Lies (Kindle Locations 143-145). Alessandra Torre. Kindle Edition. ~ Alessandra Torre
145 quotes by Alessandra Torre
Sometimes I feel foolish for hoping she's alive. But then I feel guilty--as if being 'realistic' is giving up.
Other times, I think the uncertainty is the worst part. Alive or dead, I just need to know...
Or maybe that's just a bullshit rationalization. Because I know the day you come here to tell me that she's dead will be the worst day of my life. ~ Jeff Jensen
145 quotes by Jeff Jensen
Most of the Amazon basin is as flat as a pancake and laced with extravagantly meandering waterways. One school of thought holds that more than 145 million years ago, when Africa and South America were joined, the Amazon's main stem was connected to the Niger River and actually flowed in the opposite direction, toward the Pacific Ocean. ~ Alex Shoumatoff
145 quotes by Alex Shoumatoff
There's no use asking Mom and Dad to talk to Nana about her punishment. They won't stand up to her. They never do. This is why I decide I am not going to speak to Nana or Papa or my parents. What Leila and I did was wrong. But now I have been put in the middle of something else entirely. Something about Adam and the adults and things that happened before I was born, maybe even before Adam and Uncle Hayden and Mom were born.
~pgs 144-145; Hattie on adulthood ~ Ann M. Martin
145 quotes by Ann M. Martin
The Lord is near to all who call upon Him. Psalm 145:18 ~ Max Lucado
145 quotes by Max Lucado
In 1969, nationwide, female professors who had never been married and never published earned 145% of their counterpart male colleagues. ~ Warren Farrell
145 quotes by Warren Farrell
One can take eternity and time to be predicates of God since, being the Ancient of Days, He is the cause of all time and eternity. Yet He is before time and beyond time and is the source of the variety of time and of the seasons. Or again, He precedes the eternal ages, for He is there before eternity and above eternity, and 'His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom' (Ps. 145:13). Amen. ~ Pope Dionysius
145 quotes by Pope Dionysius
We must worship in truth. Worship is not just an emotional exercise but a response of the heart built on truth about God. "The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth" (Psm. 145:18). Worship that is not based on God's Word is but an emotional encounter with oneself. ~ Erwin W. Lutzer
145 quotes by Erwin W. Lutzer
That's what my dad is like-he really disappeared a long time ago, which is maybe why it didn't bother me much. I wish he were here, but I've wished that for a long time. Adults think they're wielding power, but really power is wielding them. ~ John Green
145 quotes by John Green
We would be thrilled to have you as a guest on our show, EntrepreneurOnFire, a top ranked Business, averaging over 1 million unique listens each month in over 145 countries. We understand you have a busy schedule, and that's why we've developed an efficient, 30-minute audio interview over Skype. We have an awesome lineup thus far, including Seth Godin, Gary Vaynerchuk, Barbara Corcoran, Guy Kawasaki, Chris Brogan, Eric Ries, and Tim Ferriss... just to name a few. ~ John Lee Dumas
145 quotes by John Lee Dumas
A woman is beaten every nine seconds in this country. Just to be clear: not nine minutes, but nine seconds. It's the number-one cause of injury to American women; of the two million injured annually, more than half a million of those injuries require medical attention while about 145,000 require overnight hospitalizations, according to the Center for Disease Control, and you don't want to know about the dentistry needed afterwards. Spouses are also the leading cause of death for pregnant women in the United States. ~ Rebecca Solnit
145 quotes by Rebecca Solnit
I had aches and pains when I played. No player is ever 100 percent, 80 percent, 85 percent. Guys that play 158 or 162 or 145, we are all in the same boat. ~ Cal Ripken, Jr.
145 quotes by Cal Ripken, Jr.
A lot of people know about the power of the WWE brand. We're in 145 countries in 30 different languages. We reach about 650 million households worldwide on a global weekly basis. But what they don't know about WWE is that we use all of that power to give back to the community through events like Hurricane Sandy Relief. ~ Stephanie McMahon
145 quotes by Stephanie McMahon
If your feet are in two buckets and the average temperature of the water is 90 degrees, you're probably fine - unless one bucket is at 35 and the other is at 145 degrees. On average, you're fine. Based on variation, though, you're miserable. ~ Seth Godin
145 quotes by Seth Godin
The One who has done the greatest thing of all for you, must be concerned about you in everything, and though the clouds are thick and you cannot see His face, you know He is there. 'Behind a frowning providence He hides a smiling face.' Now hold on to that. You say that you do not see His smile. I agree that these earth born clouds prevent my seeing Him, but He is there and He will never allow anything finally harmful to take place. Nothing can happen to you but what He allows, I do not care what it may be, some great disappointment, perhaps, or it may be an illness, it may be a tragedy of some sort, I do not know what it is, but you can be certain of this, that God permits that thing to happen to you because it is ultimately for your good. 'Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous; nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness ... ' (Hebrews 12. 11). (Spiritual Depression Its Causes and Cure, 145) ~ D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones
145 quotes by D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones
Thinking! Thinking! The process should no longer be merely this feeble flurry of hailstones that raises a little dust. It should be something quite different. Thinking should be a terrifying process. When the earth thinks, whole towns crumble to the ground and thousands of people die.
Thinking: raising boulders, hollowing out valleys, preparing tidal waves at sea. Thinking like a town: that's to say: eight million inhabitants, twelve million rats, nine million pints of carbon dioxide, two billion tons. Grey light. Cathedral of light. Din. Sudden flashes. Low-lying blanket of black cloud. Flat roofs. Fire alarms. Elevators. Streets. Eighteen thousand miles of streets. 145 million electric light bulbs. ~ Jean-Marie G. Le Clezio
145 quotes by Jean-Marie G. Le Clezio
Instant destruction would be fitting every time anyone sinned, if that were how God chose to deal with us. But, thankfully, it ordinarily is not. "His tender mercies are over all His works" (Psalm 145:9). ~ John F. MacArthur Jr.
145 quotes by John F. MacArthur Jr.
The Brotherhood's campaign to intimidate and silence officials in Washington who link Islam and terrorism is working brilliantly. The 9/11 Commission Report used the word jihad 126 times, Muslim 145 times, and Islam 322 times. A decade later, they have been virtually banished from official U.S. government documents. The FBI's Counterterrorism Analytical Lexicon and the 2009 National Intelligence Strategy have zero mentions of jihad, Muslim, or Islam. Instead, they refer to "violent extremism" in general. ~ Glenn Beck
145 quotes by Glenn Beck
People don't do right because of the fear of God or love of him. You do the right thing because the world doesn't make sense if you don't. (145) ~ Dorothy Allison
145 quotes by Dorothy Allison
Gradually, at the concerts, I began to hear calls for 'the fat girl' ... Then I would jump up for the piano stool, forgetting about my size [145 lbs at age 13], and work to get all the laughs I could get. ~ Sophie Tucker
145 quotes by Sophie Tucker
I was down on the floor in a pile of DVDs and mixtapes, faced with 135 pounds (or was it 145?) of angry mom. She pressed hard on my chest with her foot, ~ G.L. Tomas
145 quotes by G.L. Tomas
1:145-146
NO SURE SENSE

Say: No one knows the unseen except God (27:65).

With that text I put this question: How do you feel about doing work that brings no benefit to you or anyone? Aren't you always aware of a destination when you walk out your door? Do you ever walk out, look around in all directions, then go back into your house and sit there with no purpose, for no reason?

You often plan work without knowing what will come of it. You plant seeds with no guarantee they will sprout. You enter into a business deal with no sure sense it will make profit. Many do not reach the point they move toward, but that doesn't man they stop trying.

Certainty comes only with work we do in the invisible, but we cannot know that. Journeys taken and seeds planted there never disappoint. The saints and hermits and prophets might be able to give us some of their confidence if we could work along with them. ~ Bahauddin
145 quotes by Bahauddin
Lily, I can honestly tell you that i have never in my long life come across a creature as beguilinig as you. You are as fresh and as lovely as a budding flower by the dew of a golden morning. I breathe you in and am filled with the taste of sunshine, life, and hope. You are much more than beautiful. You are ... temptation personified. ~ Colleen Houck
145 quotes by Colleen Houck
A meat temperature gauge is a priceless tool. You can get a very inexpensive one at most hardware or sporting goods stores, which will easily help you determine the temperature of your meat so it is not over or undercooked. Pork is normally done at about 160, internal temperature. Steaks are cooked medium rare from 145 to 150. 165, medium. Well done is about 175, internal temperature. ~ Johnny Trigg
145 quotes by Johnny Trigg
Online Divorce Papers | Online Divorce Forms

Divorce Made Simple At Smart Divorce, we simplify the process of filing for divorce. Your divorce doesn't have to be a tedious and expensive process

Complete your divorce today with Smart Divorce

Providing Your Online Divorce Solution
Complete the questionnaire on our website. Submit your order today. File Tomorrow

29834 N. Cave Creek Rd. Suite 118-145
Cave Creek, AZ 85331 ~ Doug Brown
145 quotes by Doug Brown
Lots of women read fiction. Most men don't. Women read fiction written by women and by men. Most men don't. If a man opens a novel,. he likes to have a masculine name on the cover; it's reassuring somehow. You never know what might happen to that external genitalia if you immerse yourself in imaginary doings concocted by someone with the goods on the inside. [pp. 145-146] ~ Siri Hustvedt
145 quotes by Siri Hustvedt
It is my vision that we all will dedicate the next decade to achieve universal literacy and education for all children, especially for girls. More than 145 million of the world's children are deprived of education due to poverty, exploitation, slavery, gender discrimination, religious extremism, and corrupt governments. May Three Cups of Tea be a catalyst to bring the gift of literacy to each of those children who deserves a chance to go to school. ~ Greg Mortenson
145 quotes by Greg Mortenson
I will definitely be there again. I'm 145 right now. I fight at this weight because I'm a champion here and I love Bellator. When I came into Bellator, it was their second season and we did not have bantamweight yet ... I believe in my future and that I'll be a bantamweight. ~ Joe Warren
145 quotes by Joe Warren
Gods tender mercies are over all His creatures. ~ Psalm 145 9
145 quotes by Psalm 145 9
Tasty Quotes «
» Amon Quotes