1441 Gear Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 1441 Gear.

Quotes About 1441 Gear

Enjoy collection of 46 1441 Gear quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 1441 Gear. Righ click to see and save pictures of 1441 Gear quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Zane turned his attention to the bus. Phoebe got a bad feeling when she caught sight of the worn sandals, tie-dyed T-shirts and woven hats on the next couple to disembark.
"Hey," the man said. "I'm Martin Lagarde and this is my wife, Andrea."
The woman, a thirtysomething brunette with freckles and glasses, shook hands with Zane.
"We're so excited to be here. Martin and I just love being in the outdoors. We've hiked all over, and last year we did a week at a meditation retreat in Hawaii, but we've never done anything like this." She continued to pump his hand as her expression turned earnest. "We really want this opportunity to be one with the land. To experience a different kind of life. The Old West." She finally released Zane's hand. "We're vegetarians. I hope that won't be a problem."
Zane considered them for a moment, then said, "Not for me." He jerked his head toward the compartment beneath the bus that the driver had opened. "Collect your gear and head inside. Chase will show you where you'll bunk tonight."
"Sure thing," Martin said.
He held up his hand for a high five. When Zane simply stared at him, Martin grabbed Zane's wrist and pulled it until it was level with his shoulder, then slapped his hand against Zane's.
When he walked away, Zane turned to look at her. "Two starving kids and tree-hugging vegetarians. I'm going to kill Chase. ~ Susan Mallery
1441 Gear quotes by Susan   Mallery
It couldn't pull a greased
stick out of a pig's bottom ~ Jeremy Clarkson
1441 Gear quotes by Jeremy Clarkson
I began, I remember, because I felt I had to. I'd reached that modest height in my career, that gentle rise, from which I could coast out of gear to a soft stop. Now I wonder why not. Why not? But then duty drove me forward like a soldier. I said it was time for "the Big Book," the long monument to my mind I repeatedly dreamed I had to have: a pyramid, a column tall enough to satisfy the sky. Duty drove me the way it drives men into marriage. Begetting is expected of us, and in those days of heavy men in helmets the seed was certain, and wanted only the wind for a womb, or any slit; yet what sprang up out of those foxholes we fucked with our fists but our own frightened selves? with a shout of pure terror, too. That too - that too was expected; it was expected even of flabby maleless men like me. And now, here, where I am writing still, still in this chair, hammering type like tacks into the page, speaking without a listening ear, whose eye do I hope to catch and charm and fill with tears and understanding, if not my own, my own ordinary, unforgiving and unfeeling eye?...my eye. So sentences circle me like a toy train. What could I have said about the Boche, about bigotry, barbarism, butchery, Bach, that hasn't been said as repeatedly as I dreamed by dream of glory, unless it was what I've said? What could I have explained where no reason exists and no cause is adequate; what body burned to a crisp could I have rebelieved was bacon, if I had not taken the tack I took? ~ William H. Gass
1441 Gear quotes by William H. Gass
When you've got an extra gear in your head where that's all you do, you've constantly got a little radar up ... And when something hits that strikes that beeper, hits that radar, it's like my song skills kick right in and go, 'Oh, OK, there's a song in that.' And then I start trying to figure it out. ~ Toby Keith
1441 Gear quotes by Toby Keith
Watching you two frustrate each other cracks me up," he snorted, putting the car into gear. "Don't do it and I'm guaranteed lots of laughs! How crazy is it: a werewolfrevving high and the human who wants him watches him date her friend!" ~ Max ~ Shannon Delany
1441 Gear quotes by Shannon Delany
'Metal Gear Solid' is, for the most part, an infiltration game. You go somewhere, you execute your mission, then you go back. Those are your actions as the player. ~ Hideo Kojima
1441 Gear quotes by Hideo Kojima
20 ODE 20

The New Year bell rings,
On deafened ears,
Promises to be,
For the coming year.
We've all had our Christmas,
A time of good cheer,
But what of our future,
As it draws so near?
I promise not to laugh,
At your ridiculous gear,
Or to say how much you've put on,
In the passing of a year.
I promise not to cry,
When I leave you by the side,
The side of the roadway,
As I say goodbye.
So 2020 has come at last,
And just as our friendship,
It will come to pass.
The bell keeps on chiming,
Incessant as it sounds,
I will be forever thankful,
When I am put,
In thy hallow ground. ~ Anthony T. Hincks
1441 Gear quotes by Anthony T. Hincks
Have we become a cupcake league? We already have better helmets and gear. Wonder how the old school players feel about this. Not in the back of minds when talking about 18 game season so let's play football please ... Even guys using shoulders to hit are getting flagged for helmet-to-helmet. Defense is getting sloppy because guys are avoiding fines and will get worse if suspending comes into play. ~ Phillip Daniels
1441 Gear quotes by Phillip Daniels
War has changed.

It's no longer about nations, ideologies, or ethnicity. It's an endless series of proxy battles, fought by mercenaries and machines.

War--and it's consumption of life--has become a well-oiled machine.

War has changed.

ID-tagged soldiers carry ID-tagged weapons, use ID-tagged gear. Nanomachines inside their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities.

Genetic control, information control, emotion control, battlefield control…everything is monitored and kept under control.

War…has changed.

The age of deterrence has become the age of control, all in the name of averting catastrophe from weapons of mass destruction, and he who controls the battlefield, controls history.

War…has changed.

When the battlefield is under total control, war becomes routine. ~ David Hayter
1441 Gear quotes by David Hayter
Crystal and her friend had taken root behind Aidrian with Erin and Mandy behind Tristan. They looked like they were facing off in a hockey match. The only thing missing was the puck, hockey sticks, the ref, and all the other hockey gear. Never mind. My ~ Tijan
1441 Gear quotes by Tijan
I just want to be in the studio. When you've got all the gear you want in your own house, it's difficult to go out and do something else, you know? ~ Jeff Lynne
1441 Gear quotes by Jeff Lynne
When I was in New York, I took my bike everywhere for transportation. I didn't have a fixed-gear bicycle, like a lot of the messengers do, but I had a stripped-down deal - having lost a few good ones in New York - and I did 10 to 15 miles a day just getting around the city. ~ Thomas Gibson
1441 Gear quotes by Thomas Gibson
When this all started, when the US of A got into this war and the Supreme Court decided what the hell, let's send women to, everyone wondered what effect it would have.

Could women fight my girl Rio has a shiny Silver Star, A fistful of Purple Hearts, and a notched M1 that say yes.

Could the men fight alongside women, or would the simple creatures be too distracted by feminine curves? Well, I won't spend a long night in a hole with Luther gear, who has never been a gentleman but he is a good soldier and he never made a pass at me. Possibly he was distracted by the artillery garage coming down on our heads. Possibly was that I hadn't showered in ... God only knows how long you have to ask my fleas. We were not a man and a woman in that hole we were too scared little babies screaming and cursing and so we could be grateful for the warmth of our own piss running down our legs.

It was not a romantic evening. ~ Michael Grant
1441 Gear quotes by Michael  Grant
Mirabelle is not sparkling tonight, because she works only in gears, and tonight she is in the wrong gear. Third gear is her scholarly, perspicacious, witty self; second gear is her happy, giddy, childish self; and first gear is her complaining, helpless, unmotivated self. Tonight she is somewhere midshift, between helpless and childish. ~ Steve Martin
1441 Gear quotes by Steve Martin
You realize that running is something I only do on the treadmill while wearing my sneaks and running gear, correct?" She trots next to me, trying to keep up on feet that are clad in expensive suede boots with a heel as tall as my hand.

I walk even faster. "Can't hear you. Embarrassment is short-circuiting my nervous system."

"If embarrassment is causing your malfunction now, I'd love to know what it was that caused you to run across the quad."

As if she doesn't know. Before I can respond, though, Tucker shows up on my right.

"Where's the fire?" he drawls.

Hope grinds to a halt. "Thank God you caught up with us." She runs a hand across her forehead in an exaggerated motion. "I'm not cut out for outdoor exertions. ~ Elle Kennedy
1441 Gear quotes by Elle Kennedy
Her hand shot out, gripped his arm. "M.J. and Bailey?"
"Your friends are fine." He felt her grip go limp. "They've had an eventful holiday weekend, all of which could have been avoided if they'd contacted and cooperated with the police. And it's cooperation I'll have from you now, one way or the other."
She tossed her hair back. "Where are they? What did you do,toss them in a cell? My lawyer will have them out and your butt in a sling before you can finish reciting the Miranda." She started toward the phone, saw it wasn't on the Queen Anne table.
"No,they're not in a cell." It goaded him, the way she snapped into gear, ready to buck the rules. "I imagine they're planning your funeral right about now. ~ Nora Roberts
1441 Gear quotes by Nora Roberts
A scan of the walls had the grin turning to a wince. Blue ribbons, medals, awards were all neatly framed and displayed.There were photographs of her in formal riding gear flying over jumps, smiling from the back of a horse or standing with her cheek pressed to her mount's neck.
And in a thick frame was an Olympic medal. A silver.
"Well hell.We'll make that two portions of crow," he murmured. ~ Nora Roberts
1441 Gear quotes by Nora Roberts
She whipped around and found Hud standing there staring at her. He was in ski patrol gear today, looking official.
And officially hot. ~ Jill Shalvis
1441 Gear quotes by Jill Shalvis
The gear you can't afford is not the barrier keeping you from success. Gear has very little to do with photography. ~ Chase Jarvis
1441 Gear quotes by Chase Jarvis
It isn't just the idea of a woman in a truck. At this point, they're everywhere. The statisticians tell us today's woman is as likely to buy a truck as a minivan. One cheers the suffrage, but the effect is dilutive. My head doesn't snap around the way it used to. Ignoring for the moment that my head (or the gray hairs upon it) may be the problem, I think it's not about women in trucks, it's about certain women in certain trucks. Not so long ago I was fueling my lame tan sedan at the Gas-N-Go when a woman roared across the lot in a dusty pickup and pulled up to park by the yellow cage in which they lock up the LP bottles. She dismounted wearing scuffed boots and dirty jeans and a T-shirt that was overwashed and faded, and at the very sight of her I made an involuntary noise that went, approximately, ohf...! I suppose ohf...! reflects as poorly on my character as wolf whistle, but I swear it escaped without premeditation. Strictly a spinal reflex. [...] The woman plucking her eyebrows in the vanity mirror of her waxed F-150 Lariat does not elicit the reflex. Even less so if her payload includes soccer gear or nothing at all. That woman at the Gas-N-Go? I checked the back of her truck. Hay bales and a coon dog crate. Ohf...! ~ Michael Perry
1441 Gear quotes by Michael Perry
There's a lot of producers that are much more technical or gear-skilled than I am. But I have a pure idea of what I like and where I want to go and I follow that. ~ A-Trak
1441 Gear quotes by A-Trak
When he found out his wife was unfaithful, Hector Castillo told his son to get in the car because they were going fishing. It was after midnight but this was nothing unusual. The Rickenbacker Bridge suspended across Biscayne Bay was full of night fishermen leaning on the railings, avoiding going home to their wives. Except Hector didn't bring any fishing gear with him. He led his son, Carlito, who'd just turned three, by the hand to the concrete wall, picked him up by his waist, and held him so that the boy grinned and stretched his arms out like a bird, telling his papi he was flying, flying, and Hector said, "Si, Carlito, tienes alas, you have wings."

Then Hector pushed little Carlito up into the air, spun him around, and the boy giggled, kicking up his legs up and about, telling his father, "Higher, Papi! Higher!" before Hector took a step back and with all his might hoisted the boy as high in the sky as he'd go, told him he loved him, and threw his son over the railing into the sea. ~ Patricia Engel
1441 Gear quotes by Patricia Engel
A set of four Browning L9A1 automatic pistols complete with attachable silencers was perhaps the most important aspect of their gear for this mission. The weapons were standard issue in the British military, plus a few dozen other countries, and were basically just modified versions of a design that dated back to the 1930s. Old they might have been, but they were tried and true, and hopefully enough to see the group out of trouble if it came down to it ~ Will Jordan
1441 Gear quotes by Will Jordan
I dress for the occasion. I like Tom Ford for more formal, especially his suits, and I wear a lot of Under Armour for my athletic gear. I also love Rag & Bone. ~ Tom Brady
1441 Gear quotes by Tom Brady
After years of loss and reflection, your old deluded decisions click together like the works of a watch packed tight within its case--many tiny, turning, interlocking wheels....the force of every decision transferring gear to gear, wheel to wheel, each one motivating a larger energy going in no direction but steep downward to darkness at an increasing pitch. And then one morning the world resembles Noah's flood, stretching unrecognizable to the horizon and you wonder how you go there. One thing for sure, it wasn't from a bad throw of dice or runes or an unfavorable turn of cards. Blame falls hard and can't be dodged by the guilty. ~ Charles Frazier
1441 Gear quotes by Charles Frazier
When you're in the studio, you've got a narrative for what goes on, you might switch on a bit of gear and it might not work as you intended or come out a bit wrong, and you try and exploit it. ~ Rob Brown
1441 Gear quotes by Rob Brown
That's the problem with indoctrination - the whole point of the First Order's kind of education is to stop someone from thinking and instead kick their emotions into gear. Make them hate everything else so they'll cling to what you give them. It's hard to think for yourself when fear and anger are driving the shuttle. ~ Delilah S. Dawson
1441 Gear quotes by Delilah S. Dawson
I enjoy just showing people other sides of me, especially everyone always sees me in my helmet and ski suit. It's nice to just show everyone me, just me in my everyday clothes or just me in high heels or just me not in my ski gear, basically. ~ Lindsey Vonn
1441 Gear quotes by Lindsey Vonn
Happiness is good, but well-overrated: what we hate most are the very motivators that put us in gear. A man drifts along with little to contribute until something agitates him enough to make a difference, whether for himself or for his communities. ~ Criss Jami
1441 Gear quotes by Criss Jami
I am fairly concise when I work and I work quickly because I think work is done better in a high gear than done our in a gear when everyone's exhausted. Get focused, do it! ~ Twyla Tharp
1441 Gear quotes by Twyla Tharp
She stood like a knight in a painting, her head bowed and her sword at her side, blood spattering her gear, her hair half-torn out of its bindings, floating down around her. ~ Cassandra Clare
1441 Gear quotes by Cassandra Clare
I don't understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do? ~ Jeremy Clarkson
1441 Gear quotes by Jeremy Clarkson
The attempts to try to represent the electric field as the motion of some kind of gear wheels, or in terms of lines, or of stresses in some kind of material have used up more effort of physicists than it would have taken simply to get the right answers about electrodynamics. It is interesting that the correct equations for the behavior of light were worked out by MacCullagh in 1839. But people said to him: 'Yes, but there is no real material whose mechanical properties could possibly satisfy those equations, and since light is an oscillation that must vibrate in something, we cannot believe this abstract equation business'. ~ Richard Feynman
1441 Gear quotes by Richard Feynman
When you look at all of the great players who ever played the game, they all had that other gear that they could go to, and it makes a world of difference. ~ Tiger Woods
1441 Gear quotes by Tiger Woods
What happened?" I asked. "What did you say?"
Roger put the key in the ignition and looked over at me. "I told her good-bye," he said. Then he started the car and put in in gear, and we headed out. ~ Morgan Matson
1441 Gear quotes by Morgan Matson
I delve into the mysterious and counterintuitive world of helmets and high-visibility gear later in the book. But it's worth immediately noting this: while they're not inherently bad, they're less a safety device for cycling than a symptom of a road network where no cyclist can truly feel safe. ~ Peter Walker
1441 Gear quotes by Peter Walker
Minnesotans who bought scenic art usually avoided winter scenes. Hannah didn't find that surprising. Minnesota winters were long. Why would they want to buy a painting that would constantly remind them of the bone-chilling cold, the heavy snow that had to be shoveled, and the necessity of dressing up in survival gear to do nothing more than take out the garbage? ~ Joanne Fluke
1441 Gear quotes by Joanne Fluke
I didn't understand how to get a practice space or buy gear - I never thought I could do any of that - let alone get in front of people and play the songs. ~ Kevin Morby
1441 Gear quotes by Kevin Morby
walked down the hill and stuck out my thumb, standing in the same spot where I had stood when I hitchhiked to high school. My clothes and gear were in my official Boy Scout backpack, a big old thing on an aluminum rack, with my sleeping bag and pup tent lashed to it. I'd been a serious Boy Scout - I joined at 12, after my failed Little League career, and took to it immediately, racking up merit badges and making it all the way to Eagle Scout. I knew first aid, how to start a fire in the rain, how to make a mean camp stew, and lots of other useful stuff. And I didn't mind sleeping outside, which was a good thing, since there was no way I could afford motels. My official Boy Scout sheath knife, a serious piece of business with a leather-wrapped handle and a five-inch blade, was also in the pack; I'd move it into my boot by the end of the first day. ~ David Noonan
1441 Gear quotes by David Noonan
While the storytelling in games is getting so much better, you look at something like Grand Theft Auto V, which I thought was really beautifully written, it doesn't really need a movie because it is a movie. So I think you need a unique game - you either need an incredibly talented writer and director to come in and put together an amazing vision, or you need a game like Metal Gear, which is very cinematic, has a huge amount of history behind it, but whose cinematic experience is very different from what you'd get in a theater. ~ David Hayter
1441 Gear quotes by David Hayter
Flinging myself against the headrest, I glared at his knees thinking how I would like to ram his kneecaps with the Explorer. He'd probably just dent the damn metal. After a groan that I meant to be obnoxiously loud because he couldn't see my eye roll, I threw the gear back into drive. He was such a sneaky angel. ~ Ashlan Thomas
1441 Gear quotes by Ashlan Thomas
I scowled at him as I shifted the gear into drive. "Do you love being difficult?" I asked.
"My mom says it's my specialty," he said with a grin. ~ Shana Norris
1441 Gear quotes by Shana Norris
What's Batman's superpower? He hasn't got one. He's just got a lot of gear. Cars and boomerangs and super-lightweight climbing equipment. Which he bought because he's rich. Batman's superpower is cash. ~ Frank Cottrell Boyce
1441 Gear quotes by Frank Cottrell Boyce
I think, and there's a pretty strong economic consensus on this, that at that juncture you should spend more, even though it may sound illogical to some people when the revenues are down, but spend more to juice things up and then do the cuts later once you're back, your economy is back in gear and running. ~ Thomas B. Edsall
1441 Gear quotes by Thomas B. Edsall
It is God who gives us the spirit of worship (Psalm 133:3), and it is what we know of God that produces this spirit of worship. We might say that worship is simply theology, doctrine, what we think about God, going into top gear! Instead of merely thinking about Him, we tell Him, in prayer and praise and song, how great and glorious we believe Him to be! ~ Sinclair B. Ferguson
1441 Gear quotes by Sinclair B. Ferguson
Jones wasn't completely crazy. The dismaying thing about the classic totalitarian mind is that any given gear, though mutilated, will have at its circumference unbroken sequences of teeth that are immaculately maintained, that are exquisitely machined. Hence the cuckoo clock in Hell - keeping perfect time for eight minutes and thirty-three seconds, jumping ahead fourteen minutes, keeping perfect time for six seconds, jumping ahead two seconds, keeping perfect time for two hours and one second, then jumping ahead a year. The missing teeth, of course, are simple, obvious truths, truths available and comprehensible even to ten-year-olds, in most cases. The willful filing off of gear teeth, the willful doing without certain obvious pieces of information - ~ Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
1441 Gear quotes by Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
Dibujando Anime Quotes «
» Giver Sled Quotes