127 Hours Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 127 Hours.

Quotes About 127 Hours

Enjoy collection of 34 127 Hours quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 127 Hours. Righ click to see and save pictures of 127 Hours quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

He rose grumpily, fell to the floor, and crawled. I looked at his exposed butt crack, a dark unkempt abyss that I was falling into. I was short of breath. I felt paralyzed. His asshole was a canyon. This was my 127 hours. I needed to chip away at the rock and get out. ~ Amy Schumer
127 Hours quotes by Amy Schumer
You've got exactly twenty-seven hours and then I'm coming in there and trimming you down," Park said from above.

"Like your big head could fit," Cooper said. "And twenty-seven hours? It's 127 hours! What do you think, he sawed his own arm off after one day?"

"You want to make it twenty-seven minutes, Dayton?" Park said. ~ Charlie Adhara
127 Hours quotes by Charlie Adhara
I'm not a big believer in disciplined writers. What does discipline mean? The writer who forces himself to sit down and write for seven hours every day might be wasting those seven hours if he's not in the mood and doesn't feel the juice. I don't think discipline equals creativity. ~ Bret Easton Ellis
127 Hours quotes by Bret Easton Ellis
I'll miss the gecko that watched from the wall each morning as I ate breakfast. Though there are literally millions of geckos in south Florida, I swear this one follows me to school and seems to be everywhere I am. I'll miss the thunderstorms that seem to come from out of nowhere, the way everything is still and quiet in the early-morning hours before the terns arrive. I'll miss the dolphins that sometimes feed when the sun sets. I'll even miss the smell of sulfur from the rotting seaweed at the base of the shore, the way that it fills the house and penetrates our dreams while we sleep. ~ Pittacus Lore
127 Hours quotes by Pittacus Lore
[S]he realized quite abruptly that this thing which took him off, which kept him out so many hours day after day, this thing that was against her own little will and instincts - was enormous as the sea. It was no mere prettiness of single Trees, but something massed and mountainous. About her rose the wall of its huge opposition to the sky, its scale gigantic, its power utterly prodigious. What she knew of it hitherto as green and delicate forms waving and rustling in the winds was but, as it were the spray of foam that broke into sight upon the nearer edge of viewless depths far, far away. The trees, indeed, were sentinels set visibly about the limits of a camp that itself remained invisible. The awful hum and murmur of the main body in the distance passed into that still room about her with the firelight and hissing kettle. Out yonder - in the Forest further out - the thing that was ever roaring at the center was dreadfully increasing. ~ Algernon Blackwood
127 Hours quotes by Algernon Blackwood
That is what they say I said when they found me in the blackness after three hours; found me crouching in the blackness over the plump, half-eaten body of Capt. Norrys, with my own cat leaping and tearing at my throat ... When I speak of poor Norrys they accuse me of a hideous thing, but they must know that I did not do it. They must know it was the rats; the slithering, scurrying rats whose scampering will never let me sleep; the daemon rats that race behind the padding in this room and beckon me down to greater horrors than I have ever known; the rats they can never hear; the rats, the rats in the walls. ~ H.P. Lovecraft
127 Hours quotes by H.P. Lovecraft
So, I'm happy to do that because it's a wonderful working relationship but I will be going out for pilot season for half hour work and that's the gamble I'm taking. ~ Charisma Carpenter
127 Hours quotes by Charisma Carpenter
I can sleep like a champion. I once slept through a smoke alarm going off. For three hours. In my bedroom. ~ Maureen Johnson
127 Hours quotes by Maureen Johnson
I awoke early the next morning to the sound of my phone ringing. My phone had rung so much over the past twenty-four hours, I wasn't sure whether to welcome it or run screaming from my bedroom. Groggy, eyes closed, I felt around in the dark until my hand found the receiver. Rubbing my eyes in an effort to awaken myself, I said, softly and with great trepidation, "Hello?"
"You're not asleep, are you?" Marlboro Man said with his signature chuckle.
I opened my eyes and smiled. ~ Ree Drummond
127 Hours quotes by Ree Drummond
I produced a fulsome sermon. When the appointed Sunday arrived, I used all of my best grooming skills. I picked the cat hairs off my most expensive suit, smoothed my hair, and put a Band-aid on the thumb I had chewed while working overtime on my sermon. Once I met the delegation at church I did my best to dazzle them, and after the service was over we sat for almost two hours in a Sunday School room as I answered question after question about my history, my beliefs, my weaknesses, and my strengths. One man on the committee noticed the Band-aid on my thumb. "What did you do to yourself?" he asked sympathetically. "I cut it while I was cooking, "I lied. ~ Barbara Brown Taylor
127 Hours quotes by Barbara Brown Taylor
The time for falling in love was when you were emotionally available and free of cares, when it didn't matter what time you came home or how late you were getting up the next day. When you had hours and hours to spend gazing into each other's eyes and even longer hours making love, uninterrupted. If you wait for the perfect time to fall in love ... it'll never happen. ~ Susan Wiggs
127 Hours quotes by Susan Wiggs
for approximately forty-eight hours. In bed, Kate went through her nightly Facebook routine - reading through her news feed, allowing her mind to wander the endless tangents of mutual friends' photos and wall updates. Then ~ Kim Stolz
127 Hours quotes by Kim Stolz
We efface an hour by passionate love, without twists, without aftertaste. When it is finished, it is not finished, we lie still in each other's arms lulled by our love, by tenderness
sensuality in which the whole being can participate. ~ Anais Nin
127 Hours quotes by Anais Nin
I knew well enough how slow the heart is to catch up with the brute facts. One looks forward to a joy: it is snatched away at the last minute: and, hours later, there are darts of illusory delight when one still feels that it is to come. Such moments cheat one and pass sickeningly away. So, ~ C.P. Snow
127 Hours quotes by C.P. Snow
It is better to do the smallest thing in the world than to hold half an hour to be too small a thing. ~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
127 Hours quotes by Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
I should be glad if I could flatter myself that I came as near the central idea of the occasion, in two hours, as you did in two minutes. ~ Edward Everett
127 Hours quotes by Edward Everett
-But where are you going to, Helen? Can you see? Do you know?
-I believe; I have faith: I am going to God.
-Where is God? What is God?
-My maker and yours, who will never destroy what He created. I rely implicitly on His power, and confide wholly in His goodness: I count the hours till that eventful one arrives which shall restore me to Him, reveal Him to me. ~ Charlotte Bronte
127 Hours quotes by Charlotte Bronte
I've seen people, where if they have to wait around the set for three hours, and they call you at the wrong time, and they're not ready for you, some people don't like that. ~ Paul Dano
127 Hours quotes by Paul Dano
I don't think you can define how you acquire your imagination any more than you can define why one person has a sense of humor and another doesn't. But I certainly would lean to the side that says all those solitary hours of daydreaming were a kind of training for poetry. ~ James Tate
127 Hours quotes by James Tate
If I'm working in the city, then as soon as I'm home, I try to lock in on my son for a few hours. Every day. I see how important it is that he's starting to come into my world now. It's just an effort to give him that male mode of being. ~ Mark Ruffalo
127 Hours quotes by Mark Ruffalo
We often find ourselves wishing for more hours in the day, but that wouldn't help anything. The problem, clearly, isn't that we have a shortage of time. It's more that we have an overload of everything else. ~ Matt Haig
127 Hours quotes by Matt Haig
Sweet as the tender fragrance that survives,
When martyred flowers breathe out their little lives,
Sweet as a song that once consoled our pain,
But never will be sung to us again,
Is they remembrance. Now the hour of rest
Hath come to thee. Sleep, darling: it is best. ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
127 Hours quotes by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
We had visceral, rich memories of dull, interminable hours. Then a day would pass in perfect harmony with our projects, our family members, and our coworkers, and we couldn't believe we were getting paid for this. ~ Joshua Ferris
127 Hours quotes by Joshua Ferris
Freighter pilot Hal Spacejock has a life to die for: His very own cargo ship, a witty and intelligent flight computer ... and a debt so big it makes the GFC look like a rounding error. Hal's an upright sort of guy, and he won't take jobs from gun runners, drug smugglers or politicians. On the other hand, the finance company's brutal enforcer is on his doorstep, and Hal has barely twenty-four hours to pay him off. Miss the deadline and he - and his ship - will go under. Way, way, under. ~ Simon Haynes
127 Hours quotes by Simon Haynes
The thing with Ryan, you can look at him for hours. Very few actors have that. It's a gift. ~ Nicolas Winding Refn
127 Hours quotes by Nicolas Winding Refn
For what are in reality the things we call 'Wisdom,' 'Virtue,' 'Heroism,' 'sublime hours,' and 'great moments of life,' but the moments when we have more or less issued forth from ourselves, and have been able to halt, be it only for an instant, on the step of one of the eternal gates whence we see that the faintest cry, the most colourless thought, and most nerveless gestures do not drop into nothingness; … ~ Maurice Maeterlinck
127 Hours quotes by Maurice Maeterlinck
God forbid that I should travel with anybody a quarter of an hour without speaking of Christ to them. ~ George Whitefield
127 Hours quotes by George Whitefield
There are two ways to ruin any chances of leading a happy life. The first is to chase a goal twenty-four hours a day, day after day, and gladly give up all the little laughs and joys that life has to offer in exchange for that ever-elusive moment of jubilation. The second way is far worse, in that it NEVER fails. You know what it is, Sam? Falling in love with someone who chases a goal twenty four hours a day. ~ Ali Sheikh
127 Hours quotes by Ali Sheikh
She was having a violent reaction against beautiful clothes and the slavery they impose on one, her experience being that the instant one had got them they took one in hand and gave one no peace till they had been everywhere and been seen by everybody. You didn't take your clothes to parties; they took you. It was quite a mistake to think think that a woman, a really well-dressed woman wore out her clothes; it was the clothes that wore out the woman- dragging her about at all hours of the day and night. ~ Elizabeth Von Arnim
127 Hours quotes by Elizabeth Von Arnim
You've felt it too, haven't you? Even for a fleeting moment? When you're engrossed a good book, or losing yourself in trying a new recipe, or tackling something at work, and then you look up at the clock, only to realize just how many hours have passed. Whatever you want to call it: flying, sailing, surfing. It's the way time moves differently when you're caught up in the simple joy of being yourself. It's what can happen when you make the decision the let go of criticism and worry and fear. And that's where The Best really lives. ~ Lauren Graham
127 Hours quotes by Lauren Graham
I don't measure her love in hours spent with me. I measure it in hours spent understanding me. ~ Courtney C. Stevens
127 Hours quotes by Courtney C. Stevens
The day he brought back those guys that raped me I think I lost my mind. I screamed for him over and over as they had their way with me. They left me bloody and I felt half-dead. After a few hours I hauled myself up to get cleaned up and he was in the kitchen still in his uniform, fuckin' eating a snack like nothing had happened. He started in on me. Calling me a faggot and telling me he wanted me out of his house immediately. He tried to fight me but I could hardly defend myself. He was beating the shit out of me when he pulled his service weapon." God took another shaky breath. "Leo, ~ A.E. Via
127 Hours quotes by A.E. Via
I only mark the hours that shine. ~ Edith Bouvier Beale
127 Hours quotes by Edith Bouvier Beale
The pleasure of remembering had been taken from me, because there was no longer anyone to remember with. It felt like losing your co-rememberer meant losing the memory itself, as if the things we'd done were less real and important than they had been hours before. ~ John Green
127 Hours quotes by John Green
Snow Quotes «
» Banter Quotes