116 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 116.

Quotes About 116

Enjoy collection of 27 116 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 116. Righ click to see and save pictures of 116 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

The order Chiroptera (the "hand-wing" creatures) encompasses 1,116 species, which amounts to 25 percent of all the recognized species of mammals. To say again: One in every four species of mammal is a bat. Such ~ David Quammen
116 quotes by David Quammen
I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live. (Psalms 116:1-2 NIV) ~ Anonymous
116 quotes by Anonymous
Exhibit 6.2 Cost of $1,000 in Monthly Lifetime Annuity Income, Starting at Age 65 Year Male Female 2004 $157,432 $167,818 2005 $157,255 $167,817 2006 $151,700 $161,363 2007 $151,524 $160,966 2008 $147,953 $155,843 2009 $156,500 $165,502 2010 $170,116 $178,410 2011 $174,828 $182,952 2012 $187,008 $195,216 2013 $183,728 $191,571 Average $163,804 $172,746 Source: CANNEX Financial Exchanges for non-COLA-adjusted qualified annuity income with a 10-year guarantee for California. ~ Moshe A. Milevsky
116 quotes by Moshe A. Milevsky
Defend the Hope When Peter commanded these believers to give a defense, what were they supposed to defend? Traditional apologists are almost unanimous here. They say the first order of business is "reasoning for the existence of God."116 Craig says we are to defend the plausibility of God's existence as being more likely than not.117 That is not at all what Peter was saying in 1 Peter 3:15. Rather, he was commanding all Christians to give a defense for "the hope" that was in them. And what was their "hope"? It was not the plausibility of God's existence as being more likely than not. Their hope was in Christ. ~ Clifford B. McManis
116 quotes by Clifford B. McManis
Sometimes,' she said, 'I think I must have invented him.'
I know all I want to about your child,' Chauvin said harshly.
Anne Desbaresdes moaned again, louder than before. Again she put her hand on the table. His eyes followed her movement and finally, painfully, he understood and lifted his own leaden hand and placed it on hers. Their hands were so cold they were touching only in intention, an illusion, in order for this to be fulfilled, for the sole reason that it should be fulfilled, none other, it was no longer possible. And yet, with their hands frozen in this funereal pose, Anne Desbaresdes stopped moaning.
One last time,' she begged, 'tell me about it one last time.'
Chauvin hesitated, his eyes somewhere else, still fixed on the back wall. Then he decided to tell her about it as if it were a memory.
He had never dreamed, before meeting her, that he would one day want anything so badly.'
And she acquiesced completely?'
Wonderfully.'
Anne Desbaresdes looked at Chauvin absently. Her voice became thin, almost childlike.
I'd like to understand why his desire to have it happen one day was so wonderful?'
Chauvin still avoided looking at her. Her voice was steady, wooden, the voice of a deaf person.
There's no use trying to understand. It's beyond understanding.'
You mean there are some things like that that can't be gone into?'
I think so.'
Anne Desbaresdes' expression became dull, almost stupid. Her lips ha ~ Marguerite Duras
116 quotes by Marguerite Duras
He broke off and began to walk u and down a desolate path of fruit rinds and discarded favors and crushed flowers. ~ F Scott Fitzgerald
116 quotes by F Scott Fitzgerald
Of what I learned at Yale," writes Lewis Lapham, "I learned in what I now remember as one long, wayward conversation in the only all-night restaurant on Chapel Street. The topics under discussion - God, man, existence, Alfred Prufrock's peach - were borrowed from the same anthology of large abstraction that supplied the texts for English 10 or Philosophy 116." The classroom is the grain of sand; it's up to you to make the pearl. ~ William Deresiewicz
116 quotes by William Deresiewicz
Precious child, what is the meaning of the saying,
"We must die before death?"
It means we must make all the evil qualities,
all the qualities of satan within us, die before our death.
If those qualities die, then the world within us dies.
And if the world within us dies, then all the sins,
ghosts, demons, and satan's contained within it also die.
The desire for earth, gold, and sexual pleasure
all die along with the world within us.
All that is left is Allah and His power (quadrat).
If all the evil qualities die within us,
then we die before death
and only Allah's qualities, actions and conduct will remain.
Then there will be no death for us.
We will have attained eternal life (hayat).
If we attain eternal life, where will we live?
We will live in heaven, in God's kingdom.

To Die Before Death: The Sufi Way of Life- pg. 116-117 ~ Muhammad Raheem Bawa Muhaiyaddeen
116 quotes by Muhammad Raheem Bawa Muhaiyaddeen
116. To be positive at all times is to ignore all that is important, sacred and valuable. To be negative at all times is to be threatened by ridiculousness and instant discreditably. ~ Kurt Cobain
116 quotes by Kurt Cobain
John Grady looked at the table. The paper cat stepped thin and slant among the shapes of cats thereon. He looked up again. Yessir, he said. Just me and him. ~ Cormac McCarthy
116 quotes by Cormac McCarthy
It was a terrible thing when death first entered the world, and even now when it's the way of nature, it's terrible beyond words. Whether it comes for your mother by her own hands or for a stranger who can say nothing in defense of himself except that his watch is solid gold, standing witness to death leaves you desolate - Addison Goldheart pg. 116 ~ Dean Koontz
116 quotes by Dean Koontz
Tea to the English is really picnic indoors. Plenty of sandwiches and cookies and of course hot tea. We all used the same cups and plates. (Walker 2000: 116) ~ Alice Walker
116 quotes by Alice Walker
You can't really live to make other happy. You also simply can't correct all the misperceptions about you or your spouse or your intentions on any given event or statement. (p.116) ~ Jenny Sanford
116 quotes by Jenny Sanford
The truth is that we were so spiritually and morally bankrupt that we could not even see some of those lines: we stepped over them blindly. Other times we saw the lines alright, but we wanted to cross them. Alcohol gave us the false courage to do it and numbed our conscience as we did. Alcohol was the great enabler, and the great anesthetic. It wasn't God who was dead. We were. – p. 116 ~ Ray A.
116 quotes by Ray A.
I am fond of reminding my yoga students of the saying "It takes one to know one" when they become lost I condemnation and judgment of others. The world that we perceive is a reflection of our own states of mind and reveals our own level of consciousness. The world is little more than a Rorschach blot in which we see our own desire systems projected. We see what we want to see. (116) ~ Prem Prakash
116 quotes by Prem Prakash
These be fine things, an if they be not sprites.
That'said a brave god and bears celestial liquor.
I will kneel to him.
--Caliban
Act II, scene 2, lines 116-118) ~ William Shakespeare
116 quotes by William Shakespeare
According to Menander's history, as preserved by Josephus, Hiram began his reign 155 years before the founding of Carthage, and according to the Greek historian Timaeus, Carthage was founded in 814 B.C. This sets the beginning of Hiram's reign at 969 B.C. (Liver, 1953, 116). Josephus then dates the beginning of the construction of Solomon's temple to either the 11th (according to Against Apion i 126) or the 12th (according to Jewish Antiquities viii 62) years of Hiram's reign. ~ Charles River Editors
116 quotes by Charles River Editors
1:116
IMPUDENT BANTER

I have come to realize that the better friends I become with someone, the more impudent I get with him. Politeness is appropriate for strangers, but with a friend there's no holding back, no need for any restraint.

So consider this. There is no closer friend than the Friend, no one who endures more outrageous behavior than that one, and no one more accepting of it, or responsive to, all the rank blurt and tease. Let the spontaneous metaphysical banter turn to flint, or get white-hot; it will still be held within the horizon of this Friendship. ~ Bahauddin
116 quotes by Bahauddin
Arthur! You're safe!" A voice cried.
"Am I?" said Arthur, rather startled. "Oh, good. ~ Douglas Adams
116 quotes by Douglas Adams
He dared me to give him a reason to kill someone if the time came that he called me Virginia and it no longer pertained to me.
Loftis, Quinn (2011-11-18). Blood Rites: Book 2 Grey Wolves Series (The Grey Wolves Series) (p. 116). Kindle Edition. ~ Quinn Loftis
116 quotes by Quinn Loftis
A purposeless virtue is a contradiction in terms. Virtue, like harmony, cannot exist alone; a virtue must lead to harmony between one creature and another. To be good for nothing is just that. If a virtue has been thought a virtue long enough, it must be assumed to have practical justification - though the very longevity that proves its practicality may obscure it. That seems to be what happened with the idea of fidelity ...
Our age could be characterized as a manifold experiment in faithlessness, and if it has as yet produced no effective understanding of the practicalities of faith, it has certainly produced massive evidence of the damage and disorder of its absence.
(pg.115-116, "The Body and the Earth") ~ Wendell Berry
116 quotes by Wendell Berry
I needed this eternal truth [...] I needed the sense that this invisible world was somehow propping up the visible one, that this one, true line extended infinitely, without width or area, confidently piercing through the shadows. Somehow, this line would help me find peace. ~ Yoko Ogawa
116 quotes by Yoko Ogawa
116. "I have heard that on the day the world was born,
the bird of love was released to fly.
It searched all the three worlds
but could not find a fit resting place.
So it turned and entered the inmost heart,
favoured it and never flew elsewhere.
The three worlds asked it then,
'Why are you attached to the human heart?'
'Suffering," it replied, "is the only hope for humans.
Where there is sorrow, there I dwell.'
Where there is grief in the world, love has its dwelling. ~ Mir Sayyid Manjhan Shattari Rajgiri
116 quotes by Mir Sayyid Manjhan Shattari Rajgiri
In fact, the Qur'an relates the incident of Prophet Musa
(as) and Pharaoh to show that some people who support
atheistic philosophies actually influence others by magic.
When Pharaoh was told about the true religion, he told
Prophet Musa (as) to meet with his own magicians. When
Musa (as) did so, he told them to demonstrate their abilities
first. The verses continue:
He said: "You throw." And when they threw, they cast
a spell on the people's eyes and caused them to feel
great fear of them. They produced an extremely powerful
magic. (Surat al-A'raf, 116) ~ Harun Yahya
116 quotes by Harun Yahya
I believe that there are 15,747,724,136,275,02,577,605,653,961,181,555,468,044,717,914,527,116,709,366,231,425,076,185,631,031,296 protons in the universe and the same number of electrons. ~ Arthur Stanley Eddington
116 quotes by Arthur Stanley Eddington
That which is impermanent attracts compassion. That which is not provides wisdom. (116) ~ Stephen Levine
116 quotes by Stephen Levine
The world's oldest woman passed away at 116. They keep dying. I think that title may be cursed. ~ David Letterman
116 quotes by David Letterman
Traffic Quotes «
» Cats Quotes