4348 Noble Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 4348 Noble.

Quotes About 4348 Noble

Enjoy collection of 45 4348 Noble quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 4348 Noble. Righ click to see and save pictures of 4348 Noble quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

The GP, who she called immediately, fingers shaking as she dialled, exclaimed with joy. She didn't thinkdoctors were supposed to do that - register an emotional reaction to an outcome. ~ Elizabeth Noble
4348 Noble quotes by Elizabeth Noble
Vain-glorious man, when fluttering wind does blow
In his light wing's, is lifted up to sky;
The scorn of-knighthood and true chivalry.
To think, without desert of gentle deed
And noble worth, to be advanced high,
Such praise is shame, but honour, virtue's meed,
Doth bear the fairest flower in honourable seed. ~ Edmund Spenser
4348 Noble quotes by Edmund Spenser
It is essential to the sanity of mankind that each one should think the other crazy - a condition with which the cynicism of human nature so cordially complies, one could wish it were a concurrence upon a subject more noble. ~ Emily Dickinson
4348 Noble quotes by Emily Dickinson
while the earth, which in reality is only an imperceptible point in nature, appears to our fond imaginations as something so grand and noble. He then represented to himself the human species, as it really is, as a parcel of insects devouring one another on a little atom of clay. This true image seemed to annihilate his misfortunes, by making him sensible of the nothingness of his own being ~ Voltaire
4348 Noble quotes by Voltaire
Life is very full of sex, or should be. As much as I admire Tolkien - and I do, he was a giant of fantasy and a giant of literature, and I think he wrote a great book that will be read for many years - you do have to wonder where all those Hobbits came from, since you can't imagine Hobbits having sex, can you? Well, sex is an important part of who we are. It drives us, it motivates us, it makes us do sometimes very noble things and it makes us do sometimes incredibly stupid things. Leave it out, and you've got an incomplete world. ~ George R R Martin
4348 Noble quotes by George R R Martin
Dancing in all its forms cannot be excluded from the curriculum of all noble education; dancing with the feet, with ideas, with words, and, need I add that one must also be able to dance with the pen? ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
4348 Noble quotes by Friedrich Nietzsche
If the Republic of China, is going to move forward with their noble idea of making Sri Lanka a Shipping Hub, then the country must focus on eliminating corrupting bugs in the bed. ~ Nilantha Ilangamuwa
4348 Noble quotes by Nilantha Ilangamuwa
'Tis more noble to forgive, and more manly to despise, than to revenge an Injury. ~ Benjamin Franklin
4348 Noble quotes by Benjamin Franklin
A noble heart cannot suspect in others the pettiness and malice that it has never felt. ~ Jean Racine
4348 Noble quotes by Jean Racine
Well, it doesn't sound particularly noble and knightly to say you've rescued the Chief Cook and Librarian, does it? And it has cut down on the number of interruptions. I used to get two or three knights a day, and now there's only about one a week. And the ones who do come are at least smart enough to figure out that I'm still a princess even if the dragons call me Chief Cook ~ Patricia C. Wrede
4348 Noble quotes by Patricia C. Wrede
But there is a higher law than the Constitution, which regulates our authority over the domain, and devotes it to the same noble purposes. ~ William H. Seward
4348 Noble quotes by William H. Seward
Be noble minded! Our own heart, and not other men's opinions of us, forms our true honor. ~ Friedrich Schiller
4348 Noble quotes by Friedrich Schiller
The honour of parents is a fair and noble treasure to their posterity, but to have the use of a treasure of wealth and honour, and to leave none to your successors, because you have neither money nor reputation of your own, is alike base and dishonourable. ~ Plato
4348 Noble quotes by Plato
National historical myths are a way of giving identity and more authenticity to a people. Exodus flattered the Jews half a millennium after it allegedly took place by making them feel like heroic refugees from slavery, and righteous conquerors of a land corrupted by paganism, wealth, and sex. The Illiad made the politicians, merchants, sailors, farmers, and schoolteachers of Athens in the fifth and fourth centuries B.C. into the heirs of austere, remorseless, honorable, courageous warriors, a race of demigods. Contrast this with the real Athenians of ca. 375 B.C. -- their bellies full of fishcakes, their throats bloated with cheap resined wine, their far-flung sharp commercial deals a laughable, reverse mirror-image of the noble warriors of the Trojan War era. ~ Norman F. Cantor
4348 Noble quotes by Norman F. Cantor
Friendship's a noble name, 'tis love refined. ~ Susanna Centlivre
4348 Noble quotes by Susanna Centlivre
Success is a process, a quality of mind and way of being, an outgoing affirmation of life. ~ Alex Noble
4348 Noble quotes by Alex Noble
The queen gazes into the garden. There, near the trees, is a fountain; it is white in the darkness and tall, tall as a ghost. The queen hears, through the talk and the music, the soft splashing of its waters. She looks and thinks. You, Sirs, you are all noble, clever, rich, you throng round me, every one of my words is precious to you, you are all ready to die at my feet, you are my slaves.. But there, by the fountain, by the plashing water, he whose slave I am awaits me. He wears neither gorgeous raiment nor precious stones, no one knows him, but he await me, sure that I come – and I shall come –and there is no power in the world that can stop me when I want to go to him, to be with him, to lose myself with him there in the darkness of the garden, with the rustling of the trees and the murmur of the fountain …' Zinaida was silent. ~ Ivan Turgenev
4348 Noble quotes by Ivan Turgenev
It would be nice to say the rich people, the fancy people, all behaved like bastards and the poor slobs all came through like heroes. But as a matter of fact, sometimes the poor slobs behave like slobs and the great, noble, privileged characters come off very well, indeed. ~ Walter Lord
4348 Noble quotes by Walter Lord
Everyone tries to create a world he can live in, and what he can't use he often can't see. But the real world is already created, and if your fabrication doesn't correspond, then even if you feel noble and insist on there being something better than what people call reality, that better something needn't try to exceed what, in its actuality, since we know it so little, may be very surprising. If a happy state of things, surprising; if miserable or tragic, no worse than what we invent. ~ Saul Bellow
4348 Noble quotes by Saul Bellow
But I understood Bear Otto's desire to become a noble man, a man like Billy Ansel, and I respected that, naturally. I just wished the boy had more ways of imagining the thing than by becoming a good soldier. But that's boys, I guess. ~ Russell Banks
4348 Noble quotes by Russell Banks
Filming this drama made me realise how noble the nursing profession really is
from the selfless dedication to the care and love for patients. Let me take this opportunity to pay tribute to all the great nurses out there! ~ Rebecca Lim
4348 Noble quotes by Rebecca Lim
Everyone has in him something divine, something his own, a chance of perfection and strength in however small a sphere which God offers him to take or refuse. The task is to find it, develop it & use it. The chief aim of education should be to help the growing soul to draw out that in itself which is best and make it perfect for a noble use. ~ Sri Aurobindo
4348 Noble quotes by Sri Aurobindo
window to check the weather because I'd hung my best quilt ~ Carrie Anne Noble
4348 Noble quotes by Carrie Anne Noble
There's no cure for being who you truly are. ~ Carrie Anne Noble
4348 Noble quotes by Carrie Anne Noble
It's such a noble word, unconditional. Brave. Blindly committing to situations it knows nothing about. ~ Louise Gornall
4348 Noble quotes by Louise Gornall
A penny for the moat, where all the ashen song be wrote - a tune for man, so long eloped in hours of decision and derisive hope. Flutter, flutter heart, beyond your base and noble part. All eyes behold the passing. ~ Chris Galford
4348 Noble quotes by Chris Galford
I was a very lucky actor. ~ John Noble
4348 Noble quotes by John Noble
Do not use your energy except for a cause more noble than yourself. Such a cause cannot be found except in Almighty God Himself: to preach the truth, to defend womanhood, to repel humiliation which your Creator has not imposed upon you, to help the oppressed. Anyone who uses his energy for the sake of the vanities of the world is like someone who exchanges gemstones for gravel. There is no nobility in anyone who lacks faith. The wise man knows that the only fitting price for his soul is a place in Paradise ... ~ Ibn Hazm
4348 Noble quotes by Ibn Hazm
I have always been looking for the noble qualities in human beings, and I have found them. There are great souls all along the highway of life, and there are great qualities even in the people who seem common and weak to us ordinarily. ~ Ella Wheeler Wilcox
4348 Noble quotes by Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Humans can be noble. The question is: Will we put forth what is necessary? ~ Keith Raniere
4348 Noble quotes by Keith Raniere
Depend upon it, after all, Thomas, Literature is the most noble of professions. In fact, it is about the only one fit for a man. For my own part, there is no seducing me from the path. ~ Edgar Allan Poe
4348 Noble quotes by Edgar Allan Poe
Millionaires are just as patriotic as poor people. The very wealthy are just as noble and patriotic as the middle class. But nothing has been asked of them in this horrendous recession. And it's time we just ask. ~ Joe Biden
4348 Noble quotes by Joe Biden
Thus, the Jewish empowerment entailed in creating a Jewish state was not merely a matter of guaranteeing external, physical security of the Jews. Ultimately, its aim is to provide an internal security of the soul, which is the indispensable precondition for the emergence of a noble, uniquely Jewish character and civilization. ~ Yoram Hazony
4348 Noble quotes by Yoram Hazony
People who shop at Barnes and Noble voted Ulysses the best novel of the last century, and who's to tell them different? There was a point when I would have liked to, but apparently that's just because I'm a bitch. ~ Dale Peck
4348 Noble quotes by Dale Peck
I would leave everything here: the valleys, the hills, the paths, and the jaybirds from the gardens, I would leave here the petcocks and the padres, heaven and earth, spring and fall, I would leave here the exit routes, the evenings in the kitchen, the last amorous gaze, and all of the city-bound directions that make you shudder, I would leave here the thick twilight falling upon the land, gravity, hope, enchantment, and tranquility, I would leave here those beloved and those close to me, everything that touched me, everything that shocked me, fascinated and uplifted me, I would leave here the noble, the benevolent, the pleasant, and the demonically beautiful, I would leave here the budding sprout, every birth and existence, I would leave here incantation, enigma, distances, inexhaustibility, and the intoxication of eternity; for here I would leave this earth and these stars, because I would take nothing with me from here, because I've looked into what's coming, and I don't need anything from here. ~ Laszlo Krasznahorkai
4348 Noble quotes by Laszlo Krasznahorkai
He's one of those people, thought Howard, who looks like one quality very much, and the quality in this case is 'noble'. Howard didn't much trust people like that, so full of one quality, like books with insistent covers. ~ Zadie Smith
4348 Noble quotes by Zadie Smith
The noble-minded do not thrust others aside in order to make their way in the world. But then they themselves are ultimately thrust aside by the advancing tide. ~ Takashi Hiraide
4348 Noble quotes by Takashi Hiraide
Among the English authors, Shakespeare has incomparably excelled all others. That noble extravagance of fancy, which he had in so great perfection, thoroughly qualified him to touch the weak, superstitious part of his readers' imagination, and made him capable of succeeding where he had nothing to support him besides the strength of his own genius. ~ Joseph Addison
4348 Noble quotes by Joseph Addison
Is the noble Lord aware that, at the age of 80, there are very few pleasures left to me, but one of them is passive smoking? ~ Jean Barker, Baroness Trumpington
4348 Noble quotes by Jean Barker, Baroness Trumpington
I regard the inflation acts as wrong in all ways. Personally I am one of the noble army of debtors, and can stand it if others can. But it is a wretched business. ~ Rutherford B. Hayes
4348 Noble quotes by Rutherford B. Hayes
life's too short, after all, isn't it? not to do the things you want - the things that make you happy? hannah had been thinking that quite a lot t. oday ~ Elizabeth Noble
4348 Noble quotes by Elizabeth Noble
There still shines the most important nuance by virtue of which the noble felt themselves to be men of a higher rank. They designate themselves simply by their superiority in power (as "the powerful," "the masters," "the commanders") or by the most clearly visible signs of this superiority, for example, as "the rich," "the possessors" (this is the meaning of 'Arya,' and of corresponding words in Iranian and Slavic). ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
4348 Noble quotes by Friedrich Nietzsche
Kind hearts are more than coronets, And simple faith than Norman blood. ~ Alfred Lord Tennyson
4348 Noble quotes by Alfred Lord Tennyson
A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
Psalm 31:10-11 ~ Anonymous
4348 Noble quotes by Anonymous
Love is a taste for prostitution. In fact, there is no noble pleasure that cannot be reduced to Prostitution. ~ Charles Baudelaire
4348 Noble quotes by Charles Baudelaire
Out Dream Yourself Quotes «
» Plateaued In A Sentence Quotes