390 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 390.

Quotes About 390

Enjoy collection of 6 390 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 390. Righ click to see and save pictures of 390 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

No wild beasts are so deadly to humans as most Christians are to each other. ~ Ammianus Marcellinus
390 quotes by Ammianus Marcellinus
The ultimate triumph of Christianity was aided by the internal drive within Roman paganism toward some kind of monotheism. By 150 A.D., whatever vitality had once existed in ancient polytheism had mostly declined, and the gods played little or no role in individual lives. The state temples to the old gods became civic centers rather than religious entities.
"But paganism went about reforming itself. It drew upon the Alexandrian mystical form of Platonism, taught by Plotinus -- what we call Neoplatonism -- to conjure an image of the deity as a single spiritual fountain of life that fructifies the world.
"This Neoplatonic monotheism became popular in aristocratic circles in fourth-century Rome and gave such renewed vitality to paganism that the triumph of Christianity had to be bolstered by state proscription of this latter-day monotheistic paganism. By 390, Roman paganism was almost as close to monotheism as was Christianity. ~ Norman F. Cantor
390 quotes by Norman F. Cantor
I saw sunrises fade and burn among fleets of sparks. The moon blossomed
like a lily carved of bone ...
The Death of the Astronaut, page 390. ~ Lewis Turco
390 quotes by Lewis Turco
O, may you look, full moon that shines, On my pain for this last time: So many midnights from my desk, I have seen you, keeping watch: When over my books and paper, [390] Saddest friend, you appear! Ah! If on the mountain height I might stand in your sweet light, Float with spirits in mountain caves, Swim the meadows in twilight' waves, [395] Free from the smoke of knowledge too, Bathe in your health-giving dew! ~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
390 quotes by Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
Pilfering was common in Communist China's state-owned enterprises, as the Party secretaries were slack in guarding properties that belonged to the government and poorly paid workers felt it fair compensation for their low pay. The practice was so widespread that it was an open secret. The workers joked about it and called it "Communism," which in Chinese translation means "sharing property." Pg. 390 ~ Nien Cheng
390 quotes by Nien Cheng
The importation and sale of marijuana is condemned and punished as a serious crime, but we accept as legitimate the manufacture and sale of an infinitely more addictive and deadly drug: the nicotine in cigarettes that cost the lives of 390,000 American citizens last year. ~ Jimmy Carter
390 quotes by Jimmy Carter
Treasure Quotes «
» Early Christianity Quotes