1903 1987 Belgian Born Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 1903 1987 Belgian Born.

Quotes About 1903 1987 Belgian Born

Enjoy collection of 37 1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 1903 1987 Belgian Born. Righ click to see and save pictures of 1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Passion such as hers is all consent, asking little in return. I had merely to enter a room where she was to see her face take on that peaceful expression of one who is resting in bed. If I touched her, I had the impression that all the blood in her veins was turning to honey. ~ Marguerite Yourcenar
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by Marguerite Yourcenar
It's a Belgian beer, sweetie. Please tell me you've at least heard of it. (Blaine)
Boy, I was born in Brussels and the last time I checked, this was my new homeland, America, not my birthplace. So you can either order an American-made beer or I'll bring you water and you can sit there and act all superior until you puke, okay? (Aimee) ~ Sherrilyn Kenyon
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by Sherrilyn Kenyon
And all those boys of Europe born in those times, and thereabouts those times, Russian, French, Belgian, Serbian, Irish, English, Scottish, Welsh, Italian, Prussian, German, Austrian, Turkish – and Canadian, Australian, American, Zulu, Gurkha, Cossack, and all the rest – their fate was written in a ferocious chapter in the book of life, certainly. Those millions of mothers and their million gallons of mother's milk, millions of instances of small talk and baby talk, beatings and kisses, ganseys and shoes, piled up in history in great ruined heaps, with a loud and broken music, human stories told for nothing, for ashes, for death's amusement, flung on the mighty scrapheap of souls, all those million boys in all their humours to be milled by the millstones of a coming war. ~ Sebastian Barry
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by Sebastian Barry
My parents are both Belgian-born, and so am I, actually. I'm bilingual, so I had experience with French. ~ Celine Buckens
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by Celine Buckens
I never had a choice in loving you. I was born to love you. All I've ever had to do was find you. ~ Jeannine Allison
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by Jeannine Allison
(As a "grandchild of a capitalist household"
At school, I was forbidden to take singing and dancing lessons with the other girls because I was not to "pollute" the arena of the revolution. Even though I was short-sighted, I was not allowed to sit in the front row in class because the best places were reserved for the children born to peasants, workers or soldiers; they were deemed to have 'straight roots and red shoots'. Similarly, I was forbidden to stand in the front row during PE lessons, though I was the smallest in the class, because the place nearest the teacher were for the 'next generation of the revolution'. ~ Xinran
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by Xinran
Rage.

Sing, O Muse, of the rage of Achilles, of Peleus' son, murderous, man-killer, fated to die, sing of the rage that cost the Achaeans so many good men and sent so many vital, hearty souls down to the dreary House of Death. And while you're at it, Muse, sing of the rage of the gods themselves, so petulant and so powerful here on their new Olympos, and of the rage of the post-humans, dead and gone though they might be, and of the rage of those few true humans left, self-absorbed and useless though they have become. While you are singing, O Muse, sing also of the rage of those thoughtful, sentient, serious but not-so-close-to-human beings out there dreaming under the ice of Europa, dying in the sulfur ash of Io, and being born in the cold folds of Ganymede.

Oh, and sing of me, O Muse, poor born-against-his-will Hockenberry, dead Thomas Hockenberry, Ph.D., Hockenbush to his friends, to friends long since turned to dust on a world long since left behind. Sing of my rage, yes, of my rage, O Muse, small and insignificant though that rage might be when measured against the anger of the immortal gods, or when compared to the wrath of the god-killer Achilles.

On second though, O Muse, sing nothing of me. I know you. I have been bound and servant to you, O Muse, you incomparable bitch. And I do not trust you, O Muse. Not one little bit. ~ Dan Simmons
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by Dan Simmons
Hungry Jack's real name was Charles R. Hoofard.
He was born in Indianapolis in 1950.
In 1950, Harry S. Truman was president of the United States.
Harry Truman, as far as I can tell, also never took a shit in his life.
In 1950, the same year that a boy named Charles R. Hoofard was born in Indianapolis, President Harry S. Truman sent military assistance to the French. They were trying to maintain their French Catholic colony in Vietnam. That military aid would grow and blossom to the point that a boy with wanderlust from Indiana named Charles R. Hoofard ultimately took time out from fucking whatever he wanted to fuck to participate in the killing of an entire village of women, elderly people, and children.
History is full of shit like that. ~ Andrew Smith
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by Andrew Smith
Michael still thought of Havana as home, because he was born there. And he had been Miguel Arroya there.
Here, he was Michael. ~ Mike Lupica
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by Mike Lupica
An intelligent woman has millions of born enemies ... all the stupid men. ~ Marie Von Ebner-Eschenbach
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by Marie Von Ebner-Eschenbach
We're all born with a unique gift, and it's up to us to find and exploit that gift. ~ Ikish Mullens
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by Ikish Mullens
Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child who is born on the Sabbath Day,
Is bonny and blithe and good and gay. ~ Anonymous
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by Anonymous
So, to do right by a Gothic tale, let's be frank, requires that the author be a militant romantic who relates the action of his narratives in dreamy and more than usually emotive language. Hence, the well-known grandiose rhetoric of the Gothic tale, which may be understood by the sympathetic reader as not just an inflatable raft on which the imagination floats at its leisure upon waves of bombast, but also as the sails of the Gothic artist's soul filling up with the winds of ecstatic hysteria. So it's hard to tell someone how to write the Gothic tale, since one really has to be born to the task. Too bad. ~ Thomas Ligotti
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by Thomas Ligotti
Advice"

I must do as you do? Your way I own
Is a very good way, and still,
There are sometimes two straight roads to a town,
One over, one under the hill.
You are treading the safe and the well-worn way,
That the prudent choose each time;
And you think me reckless and rash to-day
Because I prefer to climb.
Your path is the right one, and so is mine.
We are not like peas in a pod,
Compelled to lie in a certain line,
Or else be scattered abroad.
'T were a dull old world, methinks, my friend,
If we all just went one way;
Yet our paths will meet no doubt at the end,
Though they lead apart today.
You like the shade, and I like the sun;
You like an even pace,
I like to mix with the crowd and run,
And then rest after the race.
I like danger, and storm, and strife,
You like a peaceful time;
I like the passion and surge of life,
You like its gentle rhyme.
You like buttercups, dewy sweet,
And crocuses, framed in snow;
I like roses, born of the heat,
And the red carnation's glow.
I must live my life, not yours, my friend,
For so it was written down;
We must follow our given paths to the end,
But I trust we shall meet--in town. ~ Ella Wheeler Wilcox
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by Ella Wheeler Wilcox
It was an identity crisis. I was born and raised in France, but I never really felt French, so I needed to find something that I was more connected to. I used to go back to Tunisia every summer, but I was more into the language, my Arabic roots. ~ EL Seed
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by EL Seed
My compositions spring from my sorrows. Those that give the world the greatest delight were born of my deepest griefs. ~ Franz Schubert
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by Franz Schubert
If I'm hunter-born and you're hunter-born, doesn't that mean that Father must behunter-born, too?'
'the ability isn't active in him, like it is in me and you. Do you understand?'
A thoughtful nod ... 'Like he's asleep and we're awake. ~ Nalini Singh
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by Nalini Singh
Rather than providing him with economic opportunity, the Act of that name seems designed to make the poor man do penance all his life for the sin of being born into a non-capital-owning family ... One searches it in vain for measure designed to provide economic opportunity to the capital owner. But nobody proposes to educate, train, or rehabilitate either him or his children, even when their "unemployment" is notorious. ~ Louis O. Kelso
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by Louis O. Kelso
I have found, that we often must realise, that we cannot be angry at people for simply not being capable of stepping out of their comfort zones to be decent human beings. You are born with this wild respect for people and you think it's all equal. And that's what hurts. Because it's not all equal, not all people are going to show up for you, not all people are going to do the decent thing for you, even if it's something that would be so easy for you to do. You can never make your standard into the standard for everyone. Some people are just frogs in a mud puddle, and really, they're actually perfectly fine with that! ~ C. JoyBell C.
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by C. JoyBell C.
The ability to communicate is not something we are born with. We have to learn it and earn it. ~ Thomas S. Monson
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by Thomas S. Monson
For to us a child is born,
for to us a son is given,
and the government shall be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
- Isaiah 9:6 ~ Anonymous
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by Anonymous
I tend to be a great optimist when it comes to the United States and the American way of life, I think precisely because I wasn't born into it. ~ Paullina Simons
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by Paullina Simons
I don't believe you are simply born with the ambition of becoming chancellor. But if you want to make a difference, if you enjoy putting ideas into practice, then the post of chancellor has to be the one presenting the biggest opportunity of all. ~ Angela Merkel
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by Angela Merkel
Born of the sensibility, art sows and creates life in its turn. ~ Remy De Gourmont
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by Remy De Gourmont
The lucky ones are just born dead. ~ Chuck Palahniuk
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by Chuck Palahniuk
There are some things you cannot explain to anyone, even when they have been explained to you, over and over, almost since the day you were born. ~ Lemony Snicket
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by Lemony Snicket
His own image; no longer a dark, gray bird, ugly and disagreeable to look at, but a graceful and beautiful swan. To be born in a duck's nest, in a farmyard, is of no consequence to a bird, if it is hatched from a swan's egg. ~ Hans Christian Andersen
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by Hans Christian Andersen
Language has to be partly innate, simply because human babies are born with the ability to learn the language of their parents. While this can justifiably be called a language instinct, there is no one gene compelling us to produce language. Instead, a set of genetic settings gives rise to a set of behaviors and perceptual and cognitive biases, some of which may be more general and others of which are more language specific. ~ Christine Kenneally
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by Christine Kenneally
When we're born ... All of us ... Are free. People who reject that, no matter how strong they are ... Don't matter. ~ Hajime Isayama
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by Hajime Isayama
Once people were born alive and slowly they died. Now one is born dead and slowly has to come to life. ~ Roberto Bazlen
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by Roberto Bazlen
From eating meat arrogance is born, from arrogance erroneous imaginations issue, and from imagination is born greed; and for this reason refrain from eating meat. ~ Gautama Buddha
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by Gautama Buddha
Bowing down in blind credulity, as is my custom, before mere authority and the tradition of the elders, superstitiously swallowing a story I could not test at the time by experiment or private judgment, I am firmly of the opinion that I was born on the 29th of May, 1874, on Campden Hill, Kensington; and baptised according to the formularies of the Church of England in the little church of St. George opposite the large Waterworks Tower that dominated that ridge. ~ Gilbert K. Chesterton
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by Gilbert K. Chesterton
You shouldn't be proud of being good at something, if you were born with it. That would be as dumb as being proud of having two legs, or speaking a language, or pooping. ~ Orson Scott Card
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by Orson Scott Card
Our mothers who have gone are buried in our bodies. It can be said that we were born with dead mothers in our body. ~ Kim Hyesoon
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by Kim Hyesoon
Born of antimodern sentiment, the summer camp was ultimately a modern phenomenon, a "therapeutic space" as much dependent on the city, the factory, and "progress" to define its parameters as on that intangible but much lauded entity called nature. In short, the summer camp should best be read not as a simple rejection of modern life, but, rather, as one of the complex negotiations of modernity taking place in mid-twentieth century Canada. ~ Sharon Wall
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by Sharon Wall
For me, Satan and a literal hell are fables born of Christianity's desire to control humanity by increasing its fear of death. ~ Christopher Pike
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by Christopher Pike
I'm not an example for how people should live their lives. Never in my life would I ever set out to be an example for people on how to live their lives. If you need an example for how to live, then you just shouldn't have been born. Straight up. ~ Lil' Wayne
1903 1987 Belgian Born quotes by Lil' Wayne
American South Quotes «
» American Writer Quotes