176 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 176.

Quotes About 176

Enjoy collection of 24 176 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 176. Righ click to see and save pictures of 176 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

We worship ... the powers that speak to our souls, if it seems they do. We do so knowing there is more to the world, and the half-world, and perhaps worlds beyond, than we can grasp. We always knew that. We can't even stop children from dying, how would we presume to understand the truth of things? Behind things? Does the presence of one power deny another? [p. 176] ~ Guy Gavriel Kay
176 quotes by Guy Gavriel Kay
In great cities, spaces as well as places are designed and built: walking, witnessing, being in public, are as much part of the design and purpose as is being inside to eat, sleep, make shoes or love or music. The word citizen has to do with cities, and the ideal city is organized around citizenship
around participation in public life. ~ Rebecca Solnit
176 quotes by Rebecca Solnit
Carter is the only President to ever release his actual IQ from a standardized test; it was 176. That is higher than either Albert Einstein or Stephen Hawking, and is well into the genius level. ~ Robert Chamberlain
176 quotes by Robert Chamberlain
We believe there are certain things people "have," certain things people "do," and even certain things people "are." These beliefs do not necessarily reflect the structure of reality they simply reflect an habitual way of talking about reality. ~ Neil Postman
176 quotes by Neil Postman
On the road halfway between faith and criticism stands the inn of reason. reason is faith in what can be understood without faith, but it's still a faith, since to understand presupposes that there's something understandable. ~ Fernando Pessoa
176 quotes by Fernando Pessoa
Today the world belongs only to the stupid, the insensitive and the agitated. Today the right to live and triumph is awarded on virtually the same basis as admission into an insane asylum: an inability to think, amorality, and nervous excitability. 176 ~ Fernando Pessoa
176 quotes by Fernando Pessoa
What is it that makes a person insist passionately on the existence of metaphysical realities that can be neither demonstrated nor refuted? (176) ~ Stephen Batchelor
176 quotes by Stephen Batchelor
Another day I walked out of town to do a bit of climbing in the mountains behind the airport. I scrambled up and down slopes that contained some of the oldest rocks in the world, isotope-dated at 3,800 billion years, remnants, so the geological rumor goes, of the earth's earliest terrestrial crust. ~ Lawrence Millman
176 quotes by Lawrence Millman
Contemporary Christians have declared war on individual immorality but seem remarkably silent about the evil of systems, especially corporate greed and malfeasance. (p. 176) ~ Robin R. Meyers
176 quotes by Robin R. Meyers
But life is not evens and odds and solving for x. And sadness? Sadness is an equation made of all variables. ~ Emery Lord
176 quotes by Emery Lord
A man should be resigned to knowing himself a little better each day if he hasn't got the guts to put an end to his sniveling once and for all. ~ Louis Ferdinand Celine
176 quotes by Louis Ferdinand Celine
One of the things I learned in my maddest years was that one could be in a room, with walls and barred windows and locks on the doors, surrounded by other crazy people, or even stuffed into an isolation cell all alone, but that really wasn't the room one was in at all. The real room that one occupied was constructed by memory, by relationships, by events, by all sorts of unseen forces. Sometimes delusions. Sometimes hallucinations. Sometimes desires. Sometimes dreams and hopes, or ambitions. Sometimes anger. That was what was important: to always recognize where the real walls were. (176) ~ John Katzenbach
176 quotes by John Katzenbach
Sea Prayer was inspired by the story of Alan Kurdi, the three-year-old Syrian refugee who drowned in the Mediterranean Sea trying to reach the Safety in Europe in 2015.

In the year after Alan's death, 4,176 others died or went missing attempting that same journey. ~ Khaled Hosseini
176 quotes by Khaled Hosseini
Just 158 rich families contributed nearly half of the $176 million given to candidates in the first phase of the presidential election of 2016 - $138 million to Republicans and $20 million to Democrats. ~ Arlie Russell Hochschild
176 quotes by Arlie Russell Hochschild
We Japanese, on the other hand, know our egos are nothing. We bend our egos, all of the time, and that is where we differ. That is the fundamental difference, Hatsue. We bend our heads, we bow and are silent, because we understand that by ourselves alone, we are nothing at all, dust in a strong wind, while the 'hakujin' believes his aloneness is everything, his separateness is the foundation of his existence. He seeks and grasps, seeks and grasps for his separateness, while we seek union with the Greater Life
you must see that these are distinct paths we are travelling, Hatsue, the 'hakujin' and we Japanese (p. 176). ~ David Guterson
176 quotes by David Guterson
In 1984, the Federal Trade Commission released a report that explained why taxis could charge customers exorbitant prices for dismal service. The simple reason, according to the 176-page study: lack of competition in the market. The culprit: local governments. ~ Marvin Ammori
176 quotes by Marvin Ammori
What I bring to the interview is respect. The person recognizes that you respect them because you're listening. Because you're listening, they feel good about talking to you. When someone tells me a thing that happened, what do I feel inside? I want to get the story out. It's for the person who reads it to have the feeling ... In most cases the person I encounter is not a celebrity; rather the ordinary person. "Ordinary" is a word I loathe. It has a patronizing air. I have come across ordinary people who have done extraordinary things. (p. 176) ~ Studs Terkel
176 quotes by Studs Terkel
Shamefully, human beings are the only mammals to separate mothers from their infants. Dr. John Krystal,
Professor of Psychiatry and Neurobiology at the Yale School
of Medicine, described the impact of maternal separation on
the infant as 'profound', citing the recent discovery that the
autonomic activity (heart rate and other involuntary nervous
system activity) of two-day-old sleeping babies is 176 per
cent higher during maternal separation. ~ Antonella Gambotto-Burke
176 quotes by Antonella Gambotto-Burke
I remember those great days when we were at $176 million before the Reagan Revolution came to town. ~ Norm Dicks
176 quotes by Norm Dicks
Geese were orderly beings, with principles and systems, whose existence denied all superiority of individual over individual of the same species (176). ~ Alejo Carpentier
176 quotes by Alejo Carpentier
There has never been a military operation remotely approaching the scale and the complexity of D-Day. It involved 176,000 troops, more than 12,000 airplanes, almost 10,000 ships, boats, landing craft, frigates, sloops, and other special combat vessels
all involved in a surprise attack on the heavily fortified north coast of France, to secure a beachhead in the heart of enemy-held territory so that the march to Germany and victory could begin. It was daring, risky, confusing, bloody, and ultimately glorious [p.25] ~ Tom Brokaw
176 quotes by Tom Brokaw
Each year, at the typical nuclear reactor in the U.S., there's a 1 in 74,176 chance of an earthquake strong enough to cause damage to the reactor's core, which could expose the public to radiation. No tsunami required. ~ Bill Dedman
176 quotes by Bill Dedman
Because there are 176 definitions for the word loser on urbandictionary.com.
Don't Be a Statistic. ~ Kimberly McCreight
176 quotes by Kimberly McCreight
The other guys were in the bedroom. There was a movie playing, one I hadn't seen. The boys lifted their heads up at the same time, like a pack of meerkats. I almost died. Too cute.
Stone, C. L. (2014-08-09). Liar: The Scarab Beetle Series: #2 (The Academy Scarab Beetle Series) (p. 176). Arcato Publishing. Kindle Edition. ~ C.L.Stone
176 quotes by C.L.Stone
Old Gods Quotes «
» Happy Playgrounds Quotes