154 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 154.

Quotes About 154

Enjoy collection of 16 154 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 154. Righ click to see and save pictures of 154 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Near the end of Love's Labor, Eva Feder Kittay (1999, 154) writes that a fundamental aspect of a just society is related to the conditions and limits of mothering. In a just society, women with disabilities can mother because there is adequate emotional and material support for them to do so, and given a context of support and approval to reproduce, they can also choose not to bear children. In a just society, mothers of children with disability can mother, and they, their children, and other needed caregivers will be adequately supported." (15) ~ Cynthia Lewiecki-Wilson And Jen Cellio
154 quotes by Cynthia Lewiecki-Wilson And Jen Cellio
We all have a divine nature, and we have a thirst to become one with that divinity. That divinity lets us find meaning in life event at the pinnacle of happiness, lets us weep for the pain and sorrow of others, and lets us dream of a more beautiful world. (p. 154) ~ Ilchi Lee
154 quotes by Ilchi Lee
Can't you give me brains?" asked the Scarecrow.
"You don't need them. You are learning something every day. A baby has brains, but it doesn't know much. Experience is the only thing that brings knowledge, and the longer you are on earth the more experience you are sure to get. ~ L. Frank Baum
154 quotes by L. Frank Baum
two extreme visions of human nature - a Tragic vision that is resigned to its flaws, and a Utopian vision that denies it exists - define the great divide between right-wing and left-wing political ideologies.154 And I suggested that a better understanding of human nature in the light of modern science can point the way to an approach to politics that is more sophisticated than either. ~ Steven Pinker
154 quotes by Steven Pinker
Her voice was a hushed whisper against my ear. An audible smile. ~ Richard E. Gropp
154 quotes by Richard E. Gropp
People kept coming up to her all day, saying, "Is it true what Nina says - you come from a broken home?"
"Broken right in half," Polly replied to each one. "There's a hole in the middle where the garden is. You get rained on trying togo upstairs." (p. 154) ~ Diana Wynne Jones
154 quotes by Diana Wynne Jones
The Four Noble Truths are pragmatic rather than dogmatic. They suggest a course of action to be followed rather than a set of dogmas to be believed. The four truths are prescriptions for behavior rather than descriptions of reality. The Buddha compares himself to a doctor who offers a course of therapeutic treatment to heal one's ills. To embark on such a therapy is not designed to bring one any closer to 'the Truth' but to enable one's life to flourish here and now, hopefully leaving a legacy that will continue to have beneficial repercussions after one's death. (154) ~ Stephen Batchelor
154 quotes by Stephen Batchelor
I always thought the name of Utah's major newspaper was some sort of weird misspelling of the word "desert." But no, Deseret is the "land of the honeybee," according to the Book of Mormon. I guess I should have figured they would have caught a typo in the masthead after 154 years. ~ A. J. Jacobs
154 quotes by A. J. Jacobs
The outcome was clear to Dodd well before the votes were counted. He wrote to Roosevelt, "The election here is a farce." Nothing indicated this more clearly than the vote within the camp at Dachau: 2,154 of 2,242 prisoners - 96 percent - voted in favor of Hitler's government. On ~ Erik Larson
154 quotes by Erik Larson
To the yogi, all experience is seen as one, as a means to help him cultivate devotion. All experiences have equal meaning and value. (154) ~ Prem Prakash
154 quotes by Prem Prakash
I'm competing, Kennedy," he breathes against my neck. "And I'm going to win."
Zart, Lindy (2014-11-20). Roomies (p. 154). Kindle Edition. ~ Lindy Zart
154 quotes by Lindy Zart
When the gospel does take root in the heart, the sign of it is that Christians are led to "establish their complete happiness in him." Unless people experience this, "they will never give themselves truly and sincerely to him."154 You don't have true saving knowledge of God until you long to know and serve him. Such a soul "restrains itself from sinning, not out of dread of punishment alone; but because it loves and reveres God as Father. . . . Even if there were no hell, it would still shudder at offending him. ~ Timothy Keller
154 quotes by Timothy Keller
I sobbed for the girl, me, the other girl, the other me, and how he was hurting her - me..."the other girl," I said to her. "It's the other girl, Caroline. Don't let her be alone." (154) ~ Susan Shaw
154 quotes by Susan Shaw
She handed him the blankets and the ground sheet and he shook them out, then put them down under the trees. Angie got down on her knees and spread the ground sheet over the leaves, then the blankets.
'You never forget do you? I mean about seeing things first.'
'Hope I never.'
He was oddly uncomfortable, hesitant. 'Good way to lose your hair, not noticing things.'
He sat down and pulled off his boots. The cottonwoods whispered more softly. The squirrel gave one short inquiring chatter, then was silent.
The lone coyote spoke to the sky and the stream rustled busily about the stones. A bit of mud fell into the stream with a faint plop.
It was night and there was no sound. Or anyway, not very much. (p 154) ~ Louis L'Amour
154 quotes by Louis L'Amour
The Hunger Games gets people invested in a contest. People are rooting for their favorites, rooting for their survival. And suddenly, unwittingly, the people being oppressed are actually engaged in this form of entertainment...The way you get control of people is to make them participate, not just subjugate them." -Gary Ross, pg. 154 ~ Kate Egan
154 quotes by Kate Egan
A nontheological faith cannot explain itself, but a too theological faith loses contact with the reason for its existence. (154) ~ Harold O.J. Brown
154 quotes by Harold O.J. Brown
Opus Paramirum Quotes «
» Brains Quotes