1491 The Untold Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 1491 The Untold.

Quotes About 1491 The Untold

Enjoy collection of 42 1491 The Untold quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 1491 The Untold. Righ click to see and save pictures of 1491 The Untold quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

There are a thousand weird untold stories in the Australian film industry, this has been one of them. ~ Yahoo Serious
1491 The Untold quotes by Yahoo Serious
But germs are the most common snowflake starters and lie at the heart of 85 percent of all flakes.2
So next time you gaze at a lovely snowstorm, inform your favorite germophobe or hypochondriac that living bacteria sit shivering in most of those untold billions of flakes. Then hand him or her a snow cone or organize a catch-a-snowflake-on-your-tongue party.
Once the ice-forming process is started, more molecules join the party, and the crystal grows. It can ultimately become either a snowflake or a rough granule of ice called by the odd name graupel. A snowflake contains ten quintillion water molecules. That's ten million trillion. Ten snowflakes - which can fit on your thumb tip - have the same number of molecules as there are grains of sand on the earth. Or stars in the visible universe. How many flakes, how many molecules fashioned the snowy landscape I was observing as I drove east? It numbed the brain. ~ Bob Berman
1491 The Untold quotes by Bob Berman
These are the stories that I must leave untold, for they are not mine to tell. ~ Cathy Dobson
1491 The Untold quotes by Cathy Dobson
Frozen grief occurs when we deliberately numb out and refuse to process our major losses. Frozen grief is essentially suppressed emotional pain (loss and abandonment) stored in the human body. Frozen grief torments drug addicts. Deep below the emotional surface of the drug addict who has yet to find recovery lies untold, suppressed pain and loss. ~ Christopher Dines
1491 The Untold quotes by Christopher Dines
We can breathe in the sweet scent of a tepid summer's meadow after the kiss of a warm rain, and in the very same moment we can stand utterly breathless underneath the expanse of untold galaxies that breech the very edges of the universe itself. Such are the privileges we enjoy because of God's unimaginable imagination. ~ Craig D. Lounsbrough
1491 The Untold quotes by Craig D. Lounsbrough
Somewhere in the back of their minds, hosts and guests alike know that the dinner party is a source of untold irritation, and that even the dullest evening spent watching television is preferable. ~ Craig Brown
1491 The Untold quotes by Craig Brown
I want to see a thousand tiny places, smell their flowers, and taste the sauces made by their people. I want to feel the difference between the textures of grit in Sri Lanka and Morocco. I want to meet the woman who bakes the best bread i n the smallest town in New Zealand. I want to find the best vantage point to see Bosnia from Croatia. What do the Grand Marnier crepes taste like in Rouen? In Paris? There are untold numbers of tiny places and extraordinary people who occupy them. We will perhaps see a hundred of both. ~ Tsh Oxenreider
1491 The Untold quotes by Tsh Oxenreider
Syrian monk, Isaac of Niniveh: Many are avidly seeking but they alone find who remain in continual silence. ... Every man who delights in a multitude of words, even though he says admirable things, is empty within. If you love truth, be a lover of silence. Silence like the sunlight will illuminate you in God and will deliver you from the phantoms of ignorance. Silence will unite you to God himself. ... More than all things love silence: it brings you a fruit that tongue cannot describe. In the beginning we have to force ourselves to be silent. But then there is born something that draws us to silence. May God give you an experience of this "something" that is born of silence. If only you practice this, untold light will dawn on you in consequence ... after a while a certain sweetness is born in the heart of this exercise and the body is drawn almost by force to remain in silence. ~ Thomas Merton
1491 The Untold quotes by Thomas Merton
Gratitude is the expression of love for the earth and for the humanity, for the abundance of life and its untold beauty. ~ Debasish Mridha
1491 The Untold quotes by Debasish Mridha
History is about the untold story, and writing historical fiction is a wonderful way to present the past in a compelling and entertaining way. ~ Paul W. Feenstra
1491 The Untold quotes by Paul W. Feenstra
Of all the myriads of God, Daridranarayana is the most sacred inasmuch as it represents the untold millions of the poor people as distinguished from the few rich people. ~ Mahatma Gandhi
1491 The Untold quotes by Mahatma Gandhi
These invincible barbarian warriors committed acts of untold cruelty upon the unsuspecting citizenry, slaughtering all those before them in a frenzy of blood and fire and then drinking their chocolate milk right out of the carton. ~ Ben Thompson
1491 The Untold quotes by Ben Thompson
we will not win the battle for a stable climate by trying to beat the bean counters at their own game - arguing, for instance, that it is more cost-effective to invest in emission reduction now than disaster response later. We will win by asserting that such calculations are morally monstrous, since they imply that there is an acceptable price for allowing entire countries to disappear, for leaving untold millions to die on parched land, ~ Naomi Klein
1491 The Untold quotes by Naomi Klein
I swear I will never henceforth have to do with the faith that tells the best!
I will have to do only with that faith that leaves the best untold. ~ Walt Whitman
1491 The Untold quotes by Walt Whitman
Our sense of self, formulated in large part by the untold number of cross-related connections that we make with our physical, social, and family environments, is reliant upon fitting into our social fabric. The educational environment, family relationships, peer groups, books, television, films, music, along with an assortment of other cultural events shape our emergent persona. Our successes and failures interacting in the world leave their collective imprint upon the wet clay of our forming brains. We are sentimental creatures who cling to past memories. We are inquisitive critters who venture forth from our protective dens to explore new territory. We are perceptive organisms equipped with five basic senses. We are sentient beings who can consciously organize our sense impressions into guiding ideas and useful principles. Our survival responses form a central cord of our emotions. We are receptive, compassionate beings that respond with both body and mind to global stimuli. ~ Kilroy J. Oldster
1491 The Untold quotes by Kilroy J. Oldster
It seemed that out of the battle I escaped
Down some profound dull tunnel, long since scooped
Through granites which Titanic wars had groined.
Yet also there encumbered sleepers groaned,
Too fast in thought or death to be bestirred.
Then, as I probed them, one sprang up, and stared
With piteous recognition in fixed eyes,
Lifting distressful hands as if to bless.
And by his smile, I knew that sullen hall,
By his dead smile, I knew we stood in Hell.
With a thousand pains[3]that vision's face was grained;
Yet no blood reached there from the upper ground,
And no guns thumped, or down the flues made moan.
"Strange, friend," I said, "Here is no cause to mourn."
"None," said the other, "Save the undone years,
The hopelessness. Whatever hope is yours,
Was my life also; I went hunting wild
After the wildest beauty in the world,
Which lies not calm in eyes, or braided hair,
But mocks the steady running of the hour,
And if it grieves, grieves richlier than here.
For by my glee might many men have laughed,
And of my weeping something had been left,
Which must die now. I mean the truth untold,
The pity of war, the pity war distilled.
Now men will go content with what we spoiled.
Or, discontent, boil bloody, and be spilled.
They will be swift with swiftness of the tigress,
None will break ranks, though nations trek from prog ~ Wilfred Owen
1491 The Untold quotes by Wilfred Owen
In the name of Him Who created and
sustains the world, the Sage Who
endowed tongue with speech.
He attains no honor who turns the face from the doer of His mercy.
The kings of the earth prostate themselves before Him in supplication.
He seizes not in haste the disobedient, nor drives away the penitent with
violence. The two worlds are as a drop of water in the ocean of His knowledge.
He withholds not His bounty though His
servants sin; upon
the surface of the earth has He spread a feast, in which both friend and foe may share.
Peerless He is, and His kingdom is eternal. Upon the head of one He placed a crown another he hurled from the throne to the ground.
The fire of His friend He turned into a
flower garden; through the water of the
Nile He sended His foes to perdition.
Behind the veil He sees all, and conceal
ed our faults with His own goodness.

He is near to them that are downcast,
and accepts the prayers of them that
lament.
He knows of the things that exist not, of secrets that are untold.
He causes the moon and the sun to revolve, and spreads water upon the
earth.
In the heart of a stone hath He placed
a jewel; from nothing had He created all that is.
Who can reveal the secret of His qualities; what eye can see the limits of His
beauty?
The bird of thought cannot soar to the height of His presence, nor the hand ~ Saadi
1491 The Untold quotes by Saadi
Reagan cut through irrational federal regulations to allow children to live with their parents, where they could receive care that would cost the taxpayer one-sixth as much as institutional care. By contrast, Obamacare has added thousands of pages of bureaucratic regulations and will cost the federal government untold billions. ~ Edwin Meese
1491 The Untold quotes by Edwin Meese
As those who are gone now
keep wandering through our words
sounds of paper following them
at untold distances
so I wake again in the old house
where at times I have believed
that I was waiting for myself
and many years have gone
taking with them the semblance of youth
reason after reason ranges of blue hills
who did I think was missing
those days neither here nor there
my own dog waiting
to be known ~ W.S. Merwin
1491 The Untold quotes by W.S. Merwin
The eyes are the ocean of soul,
Behind those eyes lies an untold story,
Which is silent and buried in the depths of the ocean of soul,
Holding a billion tear drops in its rim,
And those eyes that cry for love and for the sake of loved ones are sapphires,
And those tear drops of love are precious pearls. ~ Luffina Lourduraj
1491 The Untold quotes by Luffina Lourduraj
We've never crossed paths before. I've never seen you walking down the street. I don't know the first thing there is to know about you. And the lines of my palm do not reveal nor disclose any untold secrets.

Yet, here I am, holding the door as I whisper in your ear:

"I'll be right across the street when you're done, my child. ~ Malak El Halabi
1491 The Untold quotes by Malak El Halabi
We are convinced, then, that autistic people have their place in the organism of the social community. They fulfil their role well, perhaps better than anyone else could, and we are talking of people who as children had the greatest difficulties and caused untold worries to their care-givers. ~ Hans Asperger
1491 The Untold quotes by Hans Asperger
Oh the things that hide secretly in our children, lying in wait, doing untold damage, yearning to be free. Alarming us beyond all measure. ~ Laurie Frankel
1491 The Untold quotes by Laurie Frankel
The future will be resplendent, and an untold number of souls will be saved, but on one condition: that your sons be devoted to the Blessed Virgin. ~ Dominic Savio
1491 The Untold quotes by Dominic Savio
It sometimes strikes me how immensely fortunate I am that each day should take its place in my life, either reddened with the rising and setting sun, or refreshingly cool with deep, dark clouds, or blooming like a white flower in the moonlight. What untold wealth! ~ Rabindranath Tagore
1491 The Untold quotes by Rabindranath Tagore
Please!" I cried. "Will you stop toying with me and just get the business over with!"
He laughed and then ran his tongue across my belly. "But that is not my wish, ma chère. No indeed. It is my desire to make you bask in what you most despise. You wished to be a boy, but I intend to teach you the untold delights of being a woman. ~ Victoria Vane
1491 The Untold quotes by Victoria Vane
On a social level, people have to look after each other, but on an ethical level, each of us has to look after ourselves. If you are a billionaire it is because you have done evil in the world. You have exploited and caused untold misery. You have bent laws and governments to your will. I don't want to shoot him.
I want to strangle him with piano wire. I don't want to escape. I want to be caught and explain my idea to the world. I want to be executed. I now have nothing to lose. We will all be forgotten. But if ten of us manage to kill billionaires those ten will be remembered forever. Our poverty will become history. Wealth is impersonal but we will make it personal again. ~ Jacob Wren
1491 The Untold quotes by Jacob Wren
Dear mourners,' he begins, 'let me first tell you that truth must always be spoken, no matter that it hurts. For truth untold is wicked, damning. It corrupts, begs rebellion. Rebellion being the right of those who are themselves corrupted. It becomes the way of their truth, and, without it, they are dead. ~ Peter Gray
1491 The Untold quotes by Peter Gray
Souls spread over the planet and leave no mountain unclimbed, no valley undiscovered, no sea unsailed, ventured even into outer space.
Souls mingle and leave no relationship unattempted, no emotion unfelt, no pleasure and pain unexplored.
Souls plunge into their minds and leave no tale untold, no image unpainted, no melody unheard.
Souls transcend their fantasies and leave no idea unthought, no natural law undescribed, no wisdom undefined.
Souls even pass over the thinkeable and witness ineffable realms of other worlds and their inhabitants.
Curiosity, the drive to experience, the urge of urges, the world's innermost desire. We, souls, are its foremost scouts. We are the embodiment of the purpose of existence. ~ Stefan Emunds
1491 The Untold quotes by Stefan Emunds
Laugh and cry and tell stories. Sad stories about bodies stolen, bodies no longer here. Enraging stories about the false images, devastating lies, untold violence. Bold, brash stories about reclaiming our bodies and changing the world. ~ Eli Clare
1491 The Untold quotes by Eli Clare
We're still in the Dark Ages. The scared and the superstitious savage still lurks behind the mask of civilization and he will remain there for untold generations to come. ~ Michael Talbot
1491 The Untold quotes by Michael Talbot
Join us. Play the game. It will bring you an untold number of rewards and you will finally have some direction and purpose in your lives. Take control of yourselves and those around you. Bend them to your will and all worldly pleasures will be yours ... ~ Martin Hopkins
1491 The Untold quotes by Martin Hopkins
As soon as he stood in front of her, she folded her arms and looked cross.
"You don't have any gardening skills. You turned down a prestigious job to weed the garden?
"I will be rewarded richly in treasures untold."
She raised a brow.
"I've heard dragon-shifters pay a lot of money to merchants and the like.
"Aaagh, but you are also a dragon-shifter of a sort.
Yes, but I am a gardener, which means I don't go on high-risk missions to earn my gold. ~ Terry Spear
1491 The Untold quotes by Terry Spear
Because we chose to tell the truth
(The cool of age, the rage of youth)
And stand against the lies of old
(The whispers soft, the tales untold)
We find ourselves the walking dead
(The love unkept, the words unsaid)
And in the crypt of all we've known
(The broken blade, the breaking stone)
We know that we were in the right
(The coming dawn, the ending night).
So here is when we stop the lies.
The time is come. We have to Rise. ~ Mira Grant
1491 The Untold quotes by Mira Grant
Over the past thirty-five years, untold numbers of gay Christians have turned from God in their "failure" and "inability to please God," who, they were told, could not accept them as a gay person. Some felt so rejected and depressed that they turned to self-destructive behaviors, including suicide; some went deep in the closet to try to fit in at church; some became vehemently opposed to all things religious; some decided to seek God in other religions, or no religion; and very few individuals were able to find a church community in which they could worship and serve God without being rejected. ~ Kathy Baldock
1491 The Untold quotes by Kathy Baldock
The Empty Door

I will meet you,
At the empty door,
Enter the atrium,
Of dreams once bold,
Regrets untold,
Walk the corridor,
Of restlessness,
Bathe in the pool,
Of forgetfulness,
And in the grand salon,
Where the threads of life,
Now grey,
Fray in the dying light,
Share verses,
Forged by the night. ~ Ian Thomas Shaw
1491 The Untold quotes by Ian Thomas Shaw
Why are deadly weapons being sold to those who plan to inflict untold suffering on individuals and society? Sadly, the answer, as we all know, is simply for money: money that is drenched in blood, often innocent blood. In the face of this shameful and culpable silence, it is our duty to confront the problem and to stop the arms trade. ~ Pope Francis
1491 The Untold quotes by Pope Francis
The pleasures of being a novelist are many. But the greatest by far is the manner in which I live through my characters; experiencing every detail of their story as it unfolds gradually and personally within my own creative psyche. I'm like a cat with untold lives, because each new book is my rebirth. ~ Richelle E. Goodrich
1491 The Untold quotes by Richelle E. Goodrich
I swear I see what is better than to tell the best,
It is always to leave the best untold."
-from "A Song of the Rolling Earth ~ Walt Whitman
1491 The Untold quotes by Walt Whitman
The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose and for someone else to pay when things go wrong. ~ Theodore Dalrymple
1491 The Untold quotes by Theodore Dalrymple
I am a huge admirer of Franklin Roosevelt's, and I believe social security has done untold good in alleviating the once-widespread issue of poverty among the elderly. FDR believed in the greatness and generosity of Americans - but he was also a cold-blooded politician. ~ Jon Meacham
1491 The Untold quotes by Jon Meacham
Saints of the early church reaped great harvests in the field of prayer and found the mercy seat to be a mine of untold treasures. ~ Charles Spurgeon
1491 The Untold quotes by Charles Spurgeon
Hiroyoshi Ono Quotes «
» Schulmeister And Newquist Quotes