1317 Lake Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 1317 Lake.

Quotes About 1317 Lake

Enjoy collection of 45 1317 Lake quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 1317 Lake. Righ click to see and save pictures of 1317 Lake quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

The crumpled butcherpaper mountains lay in sharp shadowfold under the long blue dusk and in the middle distance the glazed bed of a dry lake lay shimmering like the mare imbrium and herds of deer were moving north in the last of the twilight, harried over the plain by wolves who were themselves the color of the desert floor. Glanton sat his horse and looked long out upon this scene. Sparse on the mesa the dry weeds lashed in the wind like the earth's long echo of lance and spear in old encounters forever unrecorded. All the sky seemed troubled and night came quickly over the evening land and small gray birds flew crying softly after the fled sun. He chucked up the horse. He passed and so passed all into the problematical destruction of darkness. ~ Cormac McCarthy
1317 Lake quotes by Cormac McCarthy
His eyes are a clear, summer-blue lake that I can't see the bottom of. ~ Nicola Yoon
1317 Lake quotes by Nicola Yoon
When you're young you think that you're going to sail into a lovely lake of quietude and peace. This is profoundly untrue. ~ Doris Lessing
1317 Lake quotes by Doris Lessing
Lake quiets, tired of my lies. ~ Deborah Ager
1317 Lake quotes by Deborah Ager
So this is Canada," I said, looking outside my car door.
"For the last time, it's not Canada," Sydney replied, rolling her eyes. "It's northern Michigan."
I glanced around, seeing nothing but enormous trees in every direction. Despite it being a late August afternoon, the temperature could've easily passed for something in autumn. Craning my head, I just barely caught a glimpse of gray waters beyond the trees to my right: Lake Superior, according to the map I'd seen.
"Maybe it's not Canada," I conceded. "But it's exactly how I always imagined Canada would look. Except I thought there'd be more hockey. ~ Richelle Mead
1317 Lake quotes by Richelle Mead
My mind is curiously alert; it's as though my skull had a thousand mirrors inside it. My nerves are taut, vibrant! the notes are like glass balls dancing on a million jets of water. I've never been to a concert before on such an empty belly. Nothing escapes me, not even the tiniest pin falling. It's as though I had no clothes on and every pore of my body was a window and all the windows open and the light flooding my gizzards. I can feel the light curving under the vault of my ribs and my ribs hang there over a hollow nave trembling with reverberations. How long this lasts I have no idea; I have lost all sense of time and place. After what seems like an eternity there follows an interval of semiconsciousness balanced by such a calm that I feel a great lake inside me, a lake of iridescent sheen, cool as jelly; and over this lake, rising in great swooping spirals, there emerge flocks of birds of passage with long slim legs and brilliant plumage. Flock after flock surge up from the cool, still surface of the lake and, passing under my clavicles, lose themselves in the white sea of space. And then slowly, very slowly, as if an old woman in a white cap were going the rounds of my body, slowly the windows are closed and my organs drop back into place. ~ Henry Miller
1317 Lake quotes by Henry Miller
Kingsley Lake, or "Silver Dollar Lake," is almost a perfect circle, spanning nearly two thousand acres with a surprising depth of ninety feet. The reason for the popular lake's unique shape and depth? It is one of Florida's many sinkholes. ~ Cary McNeal
1317 Lake quotes by Cary McNeal
so my wife took them up to a friend's on Kinnelon Lake." Not far enough, ~ Guillermo Del Toro
1317 Lake quotes by Guillermo Del Toro
This is it, Lake," I say pointing back and forth between us. "It's real now. I'm not walking away from you again. Ever."
Her eyes fill with tears. "Promise?" she whispers.
"I swear. I love you so much."
A tear rolls down her cheek. "Say it again," she whispers. ~ Colleen Hoover
1317 Lake quotes by Colleen Hoover
I'm standing in the lake, forming a whirlpool with my arms, letting the force of atonement pull me into its center until I cannot any longer hang onto my observations or any sense of myself, like dust and hydrogen clouds getting all excited white creating new stars to light the backyard. How poignantly emptiness cries out to be filled. ~ Henri Cole
1317 Lake quotes by Henri Cole
You're driving through the park?" Jericho cursed.

"Yeah," Breeze laughed. "Brilliant, huh? They'll think we'll use the roads but we're not. Our guys can see us from the rooftops so we're covered."

"Do you want to turn on the headlights?" Jinx pushed his head between the seats from the back. "So you don't hit a tree. Do you see that one directly in our path?"

Breeze jerked on the wheel, sending the Jeep to the right before straightening it out. "I see it. I'm not blind, and no, I'm not using headlights. Humans don't have our night vision. The point is to get there without them knowing where we are. Now shut up and sit tight. I'll have us there before - "

"The bushes!" Flame yelled.

"I see them." Breeze swerved to the left. "Isn't this fun?"

"No," True grumbled, "it's not."

"Spoilsport." Breeze chuckled. "And yes, I see the lake." She turned the wheel. "We're not going for a swim."

Jeanie closed her eyes and turned into True, grateful she couldn't see anything out in the darkness. ~ Laurann Dohner
1317 Lake quotes by Laurann Dohner
Think of Jonathan Edwards who thundered the terrors of God and what Hell was like until men grasped their seats and hung on to them, fearing they were falling into Hell itself. Men were moved by fear to escape damnation. That was believed to be Christianity. Why any coward wanted to keep out of Hell. He might not have had one idea in his soul of what was the real true earmark of Christianity. ~ John G. Lake
1317 Lake quotes by John G. Lake
Always amusing, that moment when realization finally kicked in. Sometimes, I wished I could've recorded the shit to play over and over for laughs. ~ Keri Lake
1317 Lake quotes by Keri Lake
The country is an archipelago of lakes,
the lake-country of New England. ~ Henry David Thoreau
1317 Lake quotes by Henry David Thoreau
Awake

Shake dreams from your hair
My pretty child, my sweet one.
Choose the day and
choose the sign of your day
The day's divinity
First thing you see.
A vast radiant beach
in a cool jeweled moon
Couples naked race down by it's quiet side
And we laugh like soft, mad children
Smug in the woolly cotton brains of infancy
The music and voices are all around us.
Choose, they croon, the Ancient Ones
The time has come again
Choose now, they croon,
Beneath the moon
Beside an ancient lake
Enter again the sweet forest
Enter the hot dream
Come with us
Everything is broken up and dances. ~ The Doors
1317 Lake quotes by The Doors
The ultimate revenge isn't the murder of my enemy. It's the whisper of truth on my last stolen breath. ~ Keri Lake
We can never make proper goodbyes. It was your last ride in a Checker cab and you had no warning. It was the last time you were going to have Lake Tung Ting shrimp in that kinda shady Chinese restaurant and you had no idea. If you had known, perhaps you would have stepped behind the counter and shaken everyone's hand, pulled out the disposable camera and issued posing instructions. But you had no idea. There are unheralded tipping points, a certain number of times that we will unlock the front door of an apartment. At some point you were closer to the last time than you were to the first time, and you didn't even know it. You didn't know that each time you passed the threshold you were saying goodbye. ~ Colson Whitehead
1317 Lake quotes by Colson Whitehead
My body shakes with a million different fires. Feet that look like yours warp and the corns split so you see craters of infinite variety, some pus-filled Lake Toba. The weakness in my limbs, the thick weight on my head and chest and the slow burning inside me that never reaches the skin, bring me closer to you. My afflictions bring me closer to you. ~ Jinat Rehana Begum
1317 Lake quotes by Jinat Rehana Begum
The moon splits open.
We move through, waterbirds rising
to look for another lake.
Or say we are living in a love-ocean,
where trust works to caulk our body-boat,
to make it last a little while,
until the inevitable shipwreck,
the total marriage, the death-union.
Dissolve in friendship,
like two drunkards fighting.
Do not look for justice here
in the jungle where your animal soul
gives you bad advice.
Drink enough wine so that you stop talking.
You are a lover, and love is a tavern
where no one makes much sense.
Even if the things you say are poems
as dense as sacks of Solomon's gold,
they become pointless. ~ Rumi
1317 Lake quotes by Rumi
Look at the moon in the sky, not the one in the lake. ~ Rumi
1317 Lake quotes by Rumi
businessman. And the economy right now is terrible." She turned to her father. "Do you mean that old dump on Arbor Drive? There's nothing down there but empty buildings. No one will go down there for ice cream." "Ah, that's where you're wrong, Virginia." Her father pointed at her with one hand while gripping the arm of his chair with the other. "The city council wants to renovate the entire area. They're adding a bike path and a new boat launch. That whole stretch along the lake will become just like the old Atlantic City boardwalk." Like the fish that got away, every time her father told this story, it grew in size. There was just no telling ~ Tracy Brogan
1317 Lake quotes by Tracy Brogan
She gazed at the man across from her. Her lover. His powerful shoulders worked beneath his shirt as he pulled on the oars. The display of strength and agility, set to a steady rhythm…memories of their lovemaking assailed her with quiet force.
In some other place, under some other circumstance, they might have been a courting couple. Rowing across a placid lake, caressed by a glowing sunset. From a distance, this could have been the picture of romance.
But the reality was confusion, and resentment, and pain. Did she feel sorry for misleading him? Sophia considered. She was not sure she could. By his own admission, he would not have made love to her had she not. And she could not regret that exquisite pleasure; nor could she regret sharing it with him. She looked at the handsome, strong, charismatic, passionate, exhausted man across from her. Selfish and wicked though she might be, she could not feel sorry that he was now bound to her-that for good or ill, he had not left her behind.
Sophia was, however, unequivocally sorry for one thing.
"Gray," she said, "I'm so sorry I've hurt you."
His eyes flashed, and there was a slight hitch in his stroke. ~ Tessa Dare
1317 Lake quotes by Tessa Dare
I find the female tragedy of insecurity to be hilarious. We get obsessed over issues like the tiny skin tags on our backs or that we're fat. You read one line in a magazine and it sends you into a tailspin. ~ Lake Bell
1317 Lake quotes by Lake Bell
Spending time with people who have dementia has made me a more patient parent, friend, daughter, sister, wife. It has made me notice and be endlessly thankful for things like the horizon of Lake Michigan, gray storm clouds, three or four well-chosen notes on a cello, and breathing.

Anne Davis Basting in Forget Memory p.160 ~ Anne Davis Basting
1317 Lake quotes by Anne Davis Basting
Elyon was restoring the Great Romance. Teeleh had stolen his first love, but now Justin had reclaimed her. The price had been his own life. He'd taken her disease on himself and he'd drowned with it, inviting them to embrace his invitation to the Romance by following him into the lake to drown with him. To live as his bride! ~ Ted Dekker
1317 Lake quotes by Ted Dekker
Reading is awesome. Just escaping into someone else's life, into another world. In books, everything is possible. ~ Nick Lake
1317 Lake quotes by Nick Lake
The Armadillo A big fiesta was announced on Lake Titicaca, and the armadillo, who was a very superior creature, wanted to dazzle everybody. Long beforehand, he set to weaving a cloak of such elegance that it would knock all eyes out. The fox noticed him at work. "Are you in a bad mood?" "Don't distract me. I'm busy." "What's that for?" The armadillo explained. "Ah," said the fox, savoring the words, "for the fiesta tonight?" "What do you mean, tonight?" The armadillo's heart sank. He had never been more sure of his time calculations. "And me with my cloak only half finished!" While the fox took off with a smothered laugh, the armadillo finished the cloak in a hurry. As time was flying, he had to use coarser threads, and the weave ended up too big. For this reason the armadillo's shell is tight-warped around the neck and very open at the back. (174) ~ Eduardo Galeano
1317 Lake quotes by Eduardo Galeano
Birth equals create. ~ Ricki Lake
1317 Lake quotes by Ricki Lake
All the charm of the angler's life would be lost but for these hours of thought and memory. All along the brook, all day on lake or river, while he takes his sport, he thinks. All the long evenings in camp, or cottage, or inn, he tells stories of his own life, hears stories of his friend's lives, and if alone calls up the magic of memory. ~ William Cowper Prime
1317 Lake quotes by William Cowper Prime
I fell in love with folk music at Surprise Lake Camp. It was the songs of Woody Guthrie and the Weavers. ~ Neil Diamond
1317 Lake quotes by Neil Diamond
Walking through the Capitol Building gives you a sense of how it all began here. It was reassuring to see how restrained it was. It was very humble in a way. ~ Greg Lake
1317 Lake quotes by Greg Lake
Life is nothing like a choose your own adventure. Except for when it is, in its randomness: a cancer sell splitting and spreading ruthlessly within the bloodstream; a storm raising on a deadly lake. Except for when it is, in the way the ending changes - in memory in meaning father than substance. ~ Carrie Snyder
1317 Lake quotes by Carrie Snyder
merging of the occult and technology that was connected to the mind control ~ Mary Lake
1317 Lake quotes by Mary Lake
Traveling is a bit of a push sometimes. When you're doing a lot of miles and you're doing a lot of shows, it does get wearing. ~ Greg Lake
1317 Lake quotes by Greg Lake
I have a friend who feels sometimes that the world is hostile to human life
he says it chills us and kills us. But how could we be were it not for this planet that provided our very shape? Two conditions
gravity and a livable temperature range between freezing and boiling
have given us fluids and flesh. The trees we climb and the ground we walk on have given us five fingers and toes. The "place" (from the root plat, broad, spreading, flat) gave us far-seeing eyes, the streams and breezes gave us versatile tongues and whorly ears. The land gave us a stride, and the lake a dive. The amazement gave us our kind of mind. We should be thankful for that, and take nature's stricter lessons with some grace. ~ Gary Snyder
1317 Lake quotes by Gary Snyder
Never, under any circumstance, do I touch soup, as I do not believe in building a meal on a lake. ~ Elsie De Wolfe
1317 Lake quotes by Elsie De Wolfe
Framed in black moldings on the wall, other works of arts, conceived and committed on the premises, by the young ladies; being grim black-and-white crayons; landscapes, mostly: lake, solitary sail-boat, petrified clouds, pre-geological trees on shore, anthracite precipice; ~ Mark Twain
1317 Lake quotes by Mark Twain
Just find your way, like a river settling into its bed, and the sigh of the wind over a lake, light but restful ... content with the joy in the arc of an arm throwing a ball for a dog to fetch, the ease of the grassy slope stretching away, birds in the trees singing sweet high notes, flowers growing close in the ditch. ~ Jay Woodman
1317 Lake quotes by Jay Woodman
I blinked and the images were gone. But I remembered how the laugh and the howl and the splash would ripple and echo in the stillness of our lake, and I wondered if ripples and echoes like those ever fully die away, if somewhere in the woods my father's joyful yelps still bounced quietly off the trees. Silly thought, but there you go. ~ Harlan Coben
1317 Lake quotes by Harlan Coben
That which we look on with unselfish love
And true humility is surely ours,
Even as a lake looks at the stars above
And makes within itself a heaven of stars. ~ Mary Gardiner Brainard
1317 Lake quotes by Mary Gardiner Brainard
I planned to stop in 2002 after the Salt Lake City Olympics. I felt able to remain competitive another four years, and I wanted to stop while I'm still at the top. ~ Hermann Maier
1317 Lake quotes by Hermann Maier
I was addicted to his danger, and holy shit, I had it bad for the ultimate bad boy. More alpha than I probably knew what to do with. ~ Keri Lake
Opening and closing the pages of a celestial dictionary at will and always falling upon the words hair fur and sex until a bunch of distant images arise at the same time as June when she kneels in front of me her tongue making little cross-strokes in my full-moon fur my enchanted-lake fur we should do it again so that I too can stroke through June's fur. ~ Nicole Brossard
1317 Lake quotes by Nicole Brossard
For the first time in his life, Mont Blanc for a moment looked to him what it was - a chaos of anarchic and purposeless forces - and he needed days of repose to see it clothe itself again with the illusions of his senses, the white purity of its snows, the splendor of its light, and the infinity of its heavenly peace. Nature was kind; Lake Geneva was beautiful beyond itself, and the Alps put on charms real as terrors. ~ Henry Adams
1317 Lake quotes by Henry Adams
Don't try to fit me in a box… My life is not one dimensional. I'm the summer breeze and the hurricane… I'm the serene lake and the raging ocean… I'm the gentle poet and the rough warrior… I can build and I can destroy... I can romance and I can ravage... I can be wise and I can be silly... I can and WILL be everything that the length, depth, and breadth of life will allow... KNOW THIS! Your labels don't limit me… they limit your experience of me. Don't confuse the two. ~ Steve Maraboli
1317 Lake quotes by Steve Maraboli
Perfis De Aprendizagem Quotes «
» Grovel Romance Quotes