257 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 257.

Quotes About 257

Enjoy collection of 15 257 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 257. Righ click to see and save pictures of 257 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

I see what you mean. It must be a huge relief, and an easy way out, to think the devil is always outside of us. ( ... ) we would stop looking for Sheitan outside and instead focus on ourselves. What we need is sincere self-examination. Not being on the watch for the faults of others. (p. 257). ~ Elif Shafak
257 quotes by Elif Shafak
Then we'll just stay here."
She laughed. "Forever?"
"Sure," he said. "Seems as good a place to live as any."
"Nice waterfront view."
"Plenty of light."
"A beachfront property. And no cameras."
He nodded. "No cameras."
She reached for his hand, and her fingers were warm against his. "I don't want to loose any more time," (pgs. 256-257) ~ Jennifer E. Smith
257 quotes by Jennifer E. Smith
Hey...kid," he (Adam) said, "can...I...come....in?"
You never had to ask before," she (Phoebe) sad, holding the screen open for him.
-Kiss of Life page 257
We need...to be...invited," he said. ~ Dan Waters
257 quotes by Dan Waters
A good chunk of my life had been spent sorting out the scrambled communications, festering hostilities, and frozen affections that characterized families in turmoil. (257) ~ Jonathan Kellerman
257 quotes by Jonathan Kellerman
When all the forces in your organism come into play, then life will begin to play around you as well. You'll see what your eyes are closed to now, and you'll hear what you've never heard. The music of your nerves will begin to play, you'll hear the music of the spheres, and you'll listen to the grass grow. Just wait, there's no hurry. It will come in its own time!
p. 257 ~ Ivan Goncharov
257 quotes by Ivan Goncharov
Slavery was immensely profitable to some masters. James Madison told a British visitor shortly after the American Revolution that he could make 257 dollars on every (black slave) in a year, and spend only 12 or 13 dollars on his keep. ~ Howard Zinn
257 quotes by Howard Zinn
Landlords in New York are generally the scum of the earth. They're beneficiaries of the worst kind of nepotism, eating off the good business decisions of their parents. They have no compassion because they've never had to work for shit to know how it feels to need a fucking break. (256-257) ~ Eddie Huang
257 quotes by Eddie Huang
I learned that there is good in this world, if you look hard enough for it. I learned that not everyone is disappointing, including me, and that a 1,257-foot bump in the ground can feel higher than a bell tower if you're standing next to the right person. ~ Jennifer Niven
257 quotes by Jennifer Niven
Human nature is not taken into account, it is excluded, it's not supposed to exist! They don't recognise that humanity, developing by a historical living process, will become at last a normal society, but they believe that a social system that has come out of some mathematical brain is going to organise all humanity at once and make it just and sinless in an instant, quicker than any living process! That's why they instinctively dislike history, 'nothing but ugliness and stupidity in it,' and they explain it all as stupidity! That's why they so dislike the living process of life; they don't want a living soul! The living soul demands life, the soul won't obey the rules of mechanics, the soul is an object of suspicion, the soul is retrograde! But what they want though it smells of death and can be made of india-rubber, at least is not alive, has no will, is servile and won't revolt! And it comes in the end to their reducing everything to the building of walls and the planning of rooms and passages in a phalanstery! The phalanstery is ready, indeed, but your human nature is not ready for the phalanstery--it wants life, it hasn't completed its vital process, it's too soon for the graveyard! You can't skip over nature by logic. ~ Fyodor Dostoyevsky
257 quotes by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
No son wishes to see his son less powerful than himself. ~ Hilary Mantel
257 quotes by Hilary Mantel
A border
the perimeter of a single massive or stretched-out use of territory
forms the edge of an area of 'ordinary' city. Often borders are thought of as passive objects, or matter-of-factly just as edges. However, a border exerts an active influence. ~ Jane Jacobs
257 quotes by Jane Jacobs
She attended the French performance, but the play's content now had a connection to her life. She read a book and the book invariably had lines with sparks from her mind, the fire of her emotions flickered here and there, and words spoken the night before were written down, as if the author had overheard how her heart beat.
The forest held the same trees, but their sound had taken on special meaning; she had established a vibrant consonance with them. The birds did not simply twitter and chirp but were saying something to each other. Everything around her spoke and responded to her mood; a flower would blossom and she seemed to hear its breathing.
pp. 256-257 ~ Ivan Goncharov
257 quotes by Ivan Goncharov
Like, the world is billions of years old, and life is a product of nucleotide mutation and everything. But the world is also the stories we tell about it. ~ John Green
257 quotes by John Green
Hermes?" I stammered. "Hello, Percy. Didn't recognize me without my jogging clothes?" "Uh ... " I wasn't sure whether I was supposed to kneel or buy stamps from him or what. ~ Rick Riordan
257 quotes by Rick Riordan
When I left I got an award for being the latest person in the history of the school. If you got three late marks for being over fifteen minutes late you'd get an after school detention. I got something like 257 marks. And I only lived about ten minutes away. ~ Matthew Bellamy
257 quotes by Matthew Bellamy
255 Quotes «
» Active Quotes