99 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 99.

Quotes About 99

Enjoy collection of 100 99 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 99. Righ click to see and save pictures of 99 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Cousin-screwing. It is not totally safe. It raises the risk of birth defects slightly. But I was reading in a book for history that there's, like, a 99.9999 percent chance that at least one of your great-great-great-grandparents married first cousin. ~ John Green
99 quotes by John Green
Half of all broccoli grown commercially in America today is a single variety- Marathon- notable for it's high yield. The overwhelming majority of the chickens raised for meat in America are the same hybrid, the Cornish cross; more than 99 percent of turkeys are the Broad-Breasted Whites. ~ Michael Pollan
99 quotes by Michael Pollan
The most important thing is to understand that this career is not about speed. It's about stamina. This is a marathon. It's not a 50-meter sprint. You have to persevere and understand it takes a lot of time. You have to know you're going to knock on 100 doors and 99 of them are going to close in your face. ~ Jaime Camil
99 quotes by Jaime Camil
You simply do not understand the human condition," said the robot.

Hah! Do you think you do, you conceited hunk of animated tin?"

Yes, I believe so, thanks ot my study of the authors, poets, and critics who devote their lives to the exploration and description of Man. Your Miss Forelle is a noble soul. Ever since I looked upon my first copy of that exquisitely sensitive literary quarterly she edits, I have failed to understand what she sees in you. To be sure," IZK-99 mused, "the relationship is not unlike that between the nun and the Diesel engine in Regret for Two Doves, but still… At any rate, if Miss Forelle has finally told you to go soak your censored head in expurgated wastes and then put the unprintable thing in an improbable place, I for one heartily approve.

Tunny, who was no mamma's boy - he had worked his way through college as a whale herder and bossed construction gangs on Mars - was so appalled by the robot's language that he could only whisper, "She did not. She said nothing of the sort."

I did not mean it literally," IZK-99 explained. "I was only quoting the renunciation scene in Gently Come Twilight. By Stichling, you know - almost as sensitive a writer as Brochet. ~ Poul Anderson
99 quotes by Poul Anderson
A 99% Value-at-Risk calculation does not evaluate what happens in the last one percent ... This is like an airbag that works all the time, except when you have a car accident. ~ David Einhorn
99 quotes by David Einhorn
Getting married is like putting one's hand in a bag containing 99 serpents and one eel. ~ Thomas More
99 quotes by Thomas More
When someone comes to a pastor or a close friend and says "I think I'm gay", rest assured 99% are. How we respond creates light or darkness.
Please be aware that when you've never heard anything positive about being gay and you've laboured secretly over this for ages, you don't make a declaration like that lightly. It takes an enormous amount of courage to eventually tell someone. This is not an empowering coming out though or finally finding a place of self-acceptance; the statement is cloaked in fear and shame. The statement "I think I'm gay" is not really about doubt or confusion it's more likely they are saying "I'm gay, but it scares the shit out of me and I don't want to be. Help!"
At that point the pastor or friend has the privileged opportunity to provide a place of safety and compassion that will lead them on into self-acceptance and an authentic life. Handled unwisely could lead them into years of internal torment. ~ Anthony Venn-Brown
99 quotes by Anthony Venn-Brown
Television is a dirty business. To survive in it you have to be part weasel, part python, and part wolf. To succeed in it, you have to be 99.9 percent great white shark. The capacity for barefaced lying also comes in handy, particularly if you are freelance. ~ Matt Dickinson
99 quotes by Matt Dickinson
A smile is made up of 1% muscles and 99% happiness. ~ Matshona Dhliwayo
99 quotes by Matshona Dhliwayo
Besides, 99 hundredths of all the work done in the world is either foolish and unnecessary, or harmful and wicked."

Herman Melville ~ Peter Wortsman
99 quotes by Peter Wortsman
I'm feelin' electric tonight
Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight ~ Lana Del Rey
99 quotes by Lana Del Rey
99.99 percent of all species that have ever lived are no longer with us. ~ Bill Bryson
99 quotes by Bill Bryson
97. I approached the symbol, with its layers of meaning, but when I touched it, it changed into only a beautiful princess.
98. I threw the beautiful princess headfirst down the mountain to my acquaintances.
99. Who could be relied upon to deal with her. ~ Donald Barthelme
99 quotes by Donald Barthelme
Ironically, if you look at Dianne Feinstein's profile and you look at my profile, I'm the 99 percent. Dianne Feinstein's the one percent. She appeals to one percent. ~ Elizabeth Emken
99 quotes by Elizabeth Emken
Some people try and fail and they get stuck in that reality. They forget that they entered the race while the other 99% of people sat around too scared to even try. ~ Nicholas Muir
99 quotes by Nicholas Muir
Writing is 1 percent inspiration, and 99 percent elimination. ~ Louise Brooks
99 quotes by Louise Brooks
I think 99% of the whole thing is to have passion about the idea yourself. I think part of your job as a filmmaker is to tell someone that might not think it's going to work that, actually, it will work. ~ Alice Lowe
99 quotes by Alice Lowe
It was curious how that predestined horror moved in and out of one's consciousness. There it lay, fixed in future times, preceding death as surely as 99 precedes 100. One could not avoid it, but one could perhaps postpone it: and yet instead, every now and again, by a conscious, wilful act, one chose to shorten the interval before it happened. ~ George Orwell
99 quotes by George Orwell
Since 2008, batters have hit only .175 against pitches thrown at 100 m.p.h. or above. Batting averages go up as the speed of the pitches goes down: .210 at 99, .213 at 98, .225 at 97, .242 at 96 and .252 at 95. ~ Barry Bearak
99 quotes by Barry Bearak
The transmission of excitation energies between molecules through electromagnetic coupling is not a mere matter of speculation."2 These energies flow through water channels inside the body since over 99 percent of the molecules inside the body are water molecules and the body is two-thirds water by volume. Every protein, whether constituting bone, sinews, or any other tissue, exists in a hydrated form. When the water content of the body decreases to less than 50 percent, we die. Protons and electrons separate along membranes to create charged layers analogous to a tiny battery as the revolutionary work of Gerald Pollack at the University of Washington has recently shown.3 In this inner electrical environment of our bodies, the magic of life unfolds and this environment is also able to be influenced in a powerful manner through sound vibrations. ~ Eileen Day McKusick
99 quotes by Eileen Day McKusick
Since 99.362% of women love mustache rides, it seems only a fool would have a bare upper lip. ~ Albert Einstein
99 quotes by Albert Einstein
Correct Overestimated Feedback Fears

One of the reasons anxious people fear feedback is that they tend to judge their performance more harshly than others judge them. If you're feeling anxious, you'll probably overestimate the likelihood that any feedback you'll get will be negative - the negative predictions thinking error.
Let's say you need to get feedback on your delivery of an upcoming presentation. You fear that you'll get crucified, that people will say your presentation style is horrible and won't say anything nice. How likely does this feared outcome feel? You might say, "It feels 99% likely." How likely is it in reality? You think, "Objectively, maybe 50%?" Your answer of 50% may still be an overestimate, but at least it jump-starts the shift in your thinking. It alters you that your anxious feelings are, to some extent, clouding your perceptions.
Although it seems strange that people can shift their thinking just based on whether they are asked to think with their anxious mind or their objective mind, this isn't as far-fetched as it sounds. There's lots of research evidence that people's thinking changes based on how they're asked to think about something. For example, my own doctoral research asked people in relationships how their judgments of their romantic partner compared to reality. People recognized that they tended to view their partners more positively than warranted by reality.
Experiment: Think of a current area in your life wh ~ Alice Boyes
99 quotes by Alice Boyes
Shit rolls downhill. Bureaucracy rolls faster. ~ David Wellington
99 quotes by David Wellington
Over a 10-year period, 99 out of 100 new entrepreneurs will fail. Only one will be left standing as others get pushed out of the market or burn out from working so hard. It's really sad. ~ Robert Kiyosaki
99 quotes by Robert Kiyosaki
A brick could be used to show you how to live a richer, fuller, more satisfying life. Don't you want to have fulfillment and meaning saturating your existence? I can show you how you can achieve this and so much more with just a simple brick. For just $99.99 - not even an even hundred bucks, I'll send you my exclusive life philosophy that's built around a brick. Man's used bricks to build houses for centuries. Now let one man, me, show you how a brick can be used to build your life up bigger and stronger than you ever imagined. But act now, because supplies are limited. This amazing offer won't last forever. You don't want to wake up in ten years to find yourself divorced, homeless, and missing your testicles because you waited even two hours too long to obtain this information. Become a hero today - save your life. Procrastination is only for the painful things in life. We prolong the boring, but why put off for tomorrow the exciting life you could be living today? If you're not satisfied with the information I'm providing, I'm willing to offer you a no money back guarantee. That's right, you read that wrong. If you are not 100% dissatisfied with my product, I'll give you your money back. For $99.99 I'm offering 99.99%, but you've got to be willing to penny up that percentage to 100. Why delay? The life you really want is mine, and I'm willing to give it to you - for a price. That price is a one-time fee of $99.99, which of course everyone can afford - even if they can't aff ~ Jarod Kintz
99 quotes by Jarod Kintz
All unemployment compensation should be tied to a job training requirement. Now the fact is, 99 weeks is an associate degree. ~ Newt Gingrich
99 quotes by Newt Gingrich
Thank You for Purchasing This Book. You Have Been Qualify To Get Our Newest Release "Minecraft Master Handbook" 9.97 for only 2.99! (Limited Time Offer) Newest Release"Minecraft Master Handbook" ~ Tony Williams
99 quotes by Tony Williams
Photography is 1% talent and 99% moving furniture. ~ Arnold Newman
99 quotes by Arnold Newman
The trick to this solution is that you'd have to be 100% honest. Meaning not just sincere but almost naked. Worse than naked - more like unarmed. Defenseless. 'This thing I feel, I can't name it straight out but it seems important, do you feel it too?' - this sort of direct question is not for the squeamish. For one thing, it's perilously close to "Do you like me? Please like me," which you know quite well that 99% of all interhuman manipulation and bullshit gamesmanship that goes on goes on precisely because the idea of saying this sort of thing straight out is regarded as somehow obsene. In fact one of the very last few interperonal taboos we have is kind of obscenely naked direct interrogation of somebody else. It looks pathetic and desperate. That's how it'll look to the reader. And it will have to. There's no way around it. ~ David Foster Wallace
99 quotes by David Foster Wallace
The suffering or the bad memories are as important as the good memories, and the good experiences. If you sort of, can imagine life as being 99% of the time quite linear, and most of the time you're in a state of neither happiness nor sadness. And then that 1% of the time you experience moments of very crystalised happiness, or crystalised sadness, or loneliness or depression. And I believe all of those moments are very pertinant. It's like I said to you, that for me it's mostly those crystalised moments of melancholy which are more inspirational to me. And in a strange way they become quite beautiful in their own way. Music that is sad, melancholic, depressing, is in a kind of perverse way more uplifting. I find happy music extremely depressing, mostly - mostly quite depressing. It's particularly this happy music that has no spirituality behind it - if it's just sort of mindless party music, it'd be quite depressing. But largely speaking, I was the kind of person that responds more to melancholia, and it makes me feel good. And I think the reason for this is, I think if you respond strongly to that kind of art, it's because in a way it makes you feel like you're not alone. So when we hear a very sad song, it makes us realise that we do share this kind of common human experience, and we're all kind of bonded in sadness and melancholia and depression. ~ Steven John Wilson
99 quotes by Steven John Wilson
The concept of this so-called "TerraPower reactor" is that you, in the same reactor, you both burn and breed. So, instead of making plutonium and then extracting it, we take uranium - the 99.3 percent that you normally don't do anything with - we convert that, and we burn it. ~ Bill Gates
99 quotes by Bill Gates
Why do you not believe you're the father?" "Because elves and humans can no' procreate." As an afterthought, in the interest of clarity, he added, "With each other. It's a biological fact not up to interpretation. The chromosomes do no' line up." Monq barked out a laugh that clearly offended Ram. "And what could you be findin' amusin' about this… situation?" "She's an elf, you idiot! Her DNA is 99.9% the same as yours. The .01% difference is that her ears are not pointed." While Ram stood there with his mouth open, trying to absorb that astonishing news, Elora turned to Monq with a hint of menace. "And you didn't think this was information you should pass along?" "First, is it my job to keep up on gossip and know that the two of you are an item? No. Second, aren't elves supposed to recognize each other as mates? That didn't happen in your case?" Slowly a grin spread over his face. "Aye. 'Tis exactly what did happen. Great Paddy! We're havin' a baby. I need to call my mother. ~ Victoria Danann
99 quotes by Victoria Danann
In reality, serendipity accounts for one percent of the blessings we receive in life, work and love. The other 99 percent is due to our efforts. ~ Peter McWilliams
99 quotes by Peter McWilliams
When I'm writing poetry, 99.9% of my writing begins in English. I spent most of my life in English, although I am bilingual. ~ Pat Mora
99 quotes by Pat Mora
99% of failures come from people who make excuses. ~ George Washington
99 quotes by George Washington
99 percent confident that the world really was getting warmer and that there was a high degree of probability that it was due to human-made greenhouse gases. ~ James Hansen
99 quotes by James Hansen
The problem is that once I start on a song and get a rough idea of where I might go with an arrangement, I try dozens, sometimes hundreds, of different things on a song. The bass, the backing guitars, the lead guitars, the keyboards. It's a long process. It's like 100 steps forward and 99 steps back. ~ Tom Scholz
99 quotes by Tom Scholz
You can't do a movie without villains. You have to have something for the heroines or anti-heroines to be up against, and I wasn't going to contrive some monstrous female, but even if this were the most men-bashing movie ever made-let all us women get guns and kill men-it wouldn't even begin to make up for the 99% of all movies where the women are there to be caricatured as bimbos or to be skinned and decapitated. If men feel uncomfortable in the audience it is because they are identifying with the wrong character. ~ Callie Khouri
99 quotes by Callie Khouri
The latest Congressional Budget Office figures show that the top 1 percent of income earners in the United States paid 39 percent of federal income taxes while earning 18 percent of pretax income and the top 5 percent of income earners paid 61 percent of federal income taxes while earning 31 percent of pretax income. Indeed, the top 40 percent of income earners paid 99.4 percent of federal income taxes. The bottom 40 percent of income earners paid no federal income tax and received 3.8 percent from the tax system. And the middle 20 percent of income earners pay only 4.4 percent of federal income taxes.3 ~ Mark R. Levin
99 quotes by Mark R. Levin
Never go against a woman when she's in a bad mood.
There's a 99% chance you'll only make it worse.

Said by Mitchan in Chapter 21 on Page 35 ~ Robico
99 quotes by Robico
You can now buy a pack of beer containing 99 cans. A 99-can pack of beer. Who says America has lost its competitive edge? ~ David Letterman
99 quotes by David Letterman
Atemi accounts for 99% of Aikido. ~ Morihei Ueshiba
99 quotes by Morihei Ueshiba
Ames applied this technique to any number of compounds, but one of the most interesting pieces of work was his 1990 paper on "Dietary Pesticides."5 Ames recognized that most plants produced their own pesticides and compared their prevalence to the residues of synthetic pesticides. Surprisingly, they found that 99.99% of the pesticides in the American diet were from plants, and only .01% were from synthetic sources. They noted that only 52 of those naturally occurring pesticides had been tested for carcinogenicity, and that 27 of those were indeed carcinogenic. So, if more than half of the tested natural pesticides were carcinogenic and in far greater concentration than those applied by man, they then concluded that the hazards from synthetic pesticides were probably insignificant. ~ James W. Cooper
99 quotes by James W. Cooper
Over 99 percent of all species that ever lived are now extinct. ~ Neil Shubin
99 quotes by Neil Shubin
The top 1 percent have the best houses, the best educations, the best doctors, and the best lifestyles, but there is one thing that money doesn't seem to have bought: an understanding that their fate is bound up with how the other 99 percent live. Throughout history, this is something that the top 1 percent eventually do learn. Too late. ~ Joseph Stiglitz
99 quotes by Joseph Stiglitz
As I've heard said, "Of 100 unsaved men, one might read the Bible, but the other 99 will read the Christian."1 Ouch. ~ Jefferson Bethke
99 quotes by Jefferson Bethke
Whereas, to borrow an illustration from mathematics, life was formerly an equation of, say, 100 unknown quantities, it is now one of 99 only, inasmuch as memory and heredity have been shown to be one and the same thing. ~ Samuel Butler
99 quotes by Samuel Butler
It is not what you say, but how you say, that's important. 99% Fat Free product seems more healthy than a product with 1% Fat. ~ Manoj Arora
99 quotes by Manoj Arora
When you read the news, and you see all this bad stuff happening, there's a tendency to lose faith in humanity. But I meet so many people who restore it and realize that, actually, 99 percent of people are great. ~ Johnny Galecki
99 quotes by Johnny Galecki
There's a poster with Thomas Edison's quote: GENIUS IS 1 PERCENT INSPIRATION AND 99 PERCENT PERSPIRATION. ~ Lauren Oliver
99 quotes by Lauren Oliver
Sense isn't democratic. An opinion uttered by 99 people does not necessarily make more sense than an opposing opinion that was uttered by one person. ~ Mokokoma Mokhonoana
99 quotes by Mokokoma Mokhonoana
Models eat. They're crazy about moderation, but they eat. There's this feeling that all models are into drugs or drinking or whatever, but I've got to say, 99% of the girls I work with are the healthiest people I know. Of course, as humans, we're not going to eat salads and organic food all the time. ~ Chrissy Teigen
99 quotes by Chrissy Teigen
You're one of 6.5 billion people now on the planet, and 99.9 percent of your genes are the same as everyone else's. ~ David Shields
99 quotes by David Shields
I'm retired 99.9%. Of course, there always is that .1%. ~ Michael Jordan
99 quotes by Michael Jordan
My golf score is really bad. I don't know. I'm definitely not a good golfer. Off the tee box, I can drive it about 275, and I'm in the fairway about 99% of the time. It's my next shot that needs work. ~ Jason Aldean
99 quotes by Jason Aldean
I think that to be a good writer, you have to put yourself on the line, you have to think deeply about what is meaningful to you and you have to make a good-faith effort to speak from the integrity of your own deep experience ... People don't think about assessing what is the deepest narrative for them. I think that that's about 99 percent of the subject of literature ... Write from it. ~ Marilynne Robinson
99 quotes by Marilynne Robinson
A horrible script 99 percent of the time means a horrible movie. But if you start with a good script, odds are you're going to have a good movie. ~ Ricky Schroder
99 quotes by Ricky Schroder
Immunity is a public space. And it can be occupied by those who choose not to carry immunity. For some of the mothers I know, a refusal to vaccinate falls under a broader resistance to capitalism. But refusing immunity as a form of civil disobedience bears an unsettling resemblance to the very structure the Occupy movement seems to disrupt
a privileged 1 percent are sheltered from risk while they draw resources from the other 99 percent. ~ Eula Biss
99 quotes by Eula Biss
Definitely 99% of the hate I get is from other gay people. ~ Steve Grand
99 quotes by Steve Grand
I don't think it's cool when I have to announce that I'm gluten-free; in fact, I feel like a total jackass 99.9 percent of the time. ~ April Peveteaux
99 quotes by April Peveteaux
Ya=hey, he called out to the movement of air, the unseen. A summer before, Uncle Moses listened to his nephew John-John talking a story. John-John was back from college and told Moses that 99 percent of the matter in the universe is invisible to the human eye. Ever since, Moses made sure to greet what he could not see. ~ Sherman Alexie
99 quotes by Sherman Alexie
There are only 1% people in the world,who follows their own dreams and 99% people are those who follows dreams of others,it is called the lack of originality"

Mohsen Ali ~ Mohsen Ali
99 quotes by Mohsen Ali
I'll flick a penny to the dirt, and if I see one on the ground I won't pick it up. So why is .99 cents so much sexier than a dollar? ~ Jarod Kintz
99 quotes by Jarod Kintz
99% of fund managers demonstrate no evidence of skill whatsoever. ~ William J. Bernstein
99 quotes by William J. Bernstein
You lost your son, but reality he is alive, my father I lost him I know on 99% he is dead if this is faken okay, I will know that he is alive, but who knows?? I haven't met him after I lost him, you met your son didn't you?? And then you lost him, it sounds fair does it?? (Storm Of The Century by Stephen King) ~ Deyth Banger
99 quotes by Deyth Banger
Today, of Americans officially designated as 'poor', 99 per cent have electricity, running water, flush toilets, and a refrigerator; 95 per cent have a television, 88 per cent a telephone, 71 per cent a car and 70 per cent air conditioning. Cornelius Vanderbilt had none of these. ~ Matt Ridley
99 quotes by Matt Ridley
I really like the "two is better than three" line. People ask me is this drama or comedy? I just think the more colors you have to a film the better. The more genres, the more people will like it. I like relating to the whole general speaking public. The script itself is 99 pages but the novel it is based on is 600. I had to leave a lot of stuff out of the script. I had a limitation of what I could present on the big screen. ~ Tommy Wiseau
99 quotes by Tommy Wiseau
I recently read that 99% of dieters fail to maintain their weight loss and, given my past experience, that statistic feels true to me! ~ Celso Cukierkorn
99 quotes by Celso Cukierkorn
DCL entered into a 99-year lease agreement with the Bahamian government in 1999, giving the cruise line the rights to develop what was then known as Gorda Cay. Renamed Castaway Cay by Disney, the island measures about 1.5 square miles and sits in the Atlantic Ocean, roughly 80 miles north-northeast of Nassau, at about the same latitude as Fort Lauderdale, Florida (100 miles to the west). ~ Len Testa
99 quotes by Len Testa
As 99 per cent of English authors and 100 per cent of American ones [authors] are just such imbeciles, managers and publishers make a practice of asking for every right the author possesses. ~ George Bernard Shaw
99 quotes by George Bernard Shaw
Indeed, this is how 99 percent of people select their jobs: pay, work environment, hours. But that's the point. Putting lifestyle first is how you find a job - not a calling.) As ~ Paul Kalanithi
99 quotes by Paul Kalanithi
I did nothing but theater until, I guess, '99. I was all the way through college the first time that I had stepped in front of a camera. And it's weird; it's definitely a transition. ~ James Roday
99 quotes by James Roday
See this ring? I'll ask her to be mine forever after the surgery, though I'm 99% sure she'll say yes, will you please make it 100%. God, I know it's too much to ask, but please don't take Ann yet, I need her. I need her so bad. And I feel that my heart will just burst into pieces when she's gone. It's not entirely her that I'll miss but every waking moment spent with her, that it feels like I miss her even if she's with me. I don't want to spend the rest of my life without her; she's the only reason why I'm here. So please, it's the only thing that I'll ask. Please don't take her yet. ~ Bianca Salindong
99 quotes by Bianca Salindong
In response to the question "Do you favor or oppose making sharia law, or Islamic law, the official law of the land in our country?" the nations with the five largest Muslim populations - Indonesia (204 million), Pakistan (178 million), Bangladesh (149 million), Egypt (80 million), and Nigeria (76 million) - showed overwhelming support for sharia. To be precise, 72 percent of Indonesian Muslims, 84 percent of Pakistani Muslims, 82 percent of Bangladeshi Muslims, 74 percent of Egyptian Muslims, and 71 percent of Nigerian Muslims supported making sharia the state law of their respective societies. In two Islamic nations that are considered to be transitioning to democracy, the number of sharia supporters was even higher. Pew found that 91 percent of Iraqi Muslims and 99 percent of Afghan Muslims supported making sharia their country's official law. ~ Ayaan Hirsi Ali
99 quotes by Ayaan Hirsi Ali
Success is 99 percent failure

~ Soichiro Honda
99 quotes by Soichiro Honda
A loving wife is better than making 50 in cricket, or even 99, beyond that I will not go. ~ James M. Barrie
99 quotes by James M. Barrie
Allowing yourself to smile takes 99% of the effort. ~ Simon Travaglia
99 quotes by Simon Travaglia
99% of the population is afraid of public speaking, and of the remaining 1%, 99% of them have nothing original and interesting to say. ~ Jarod Kintz
99 quotes by Jarod Kintz
It is a weird feeling to have people go, 'Hey Chris' like they know me. But, number one, 99 percent of my experiences have been really cool. People couldn't be nicer and more positive. ~ Christopher Meloni
99 quotes by Christopher Meloni
An aptitude test established architecture as an alternative [career]. But what decided the matter for [Teddy Cruz] was the sight of a fourth-year architecture student sitting at his desk at a window, drawing and nursing a cup of coffee as rain fell outside. 'I don't know, I just liked the idea of having this relationship to the paper and the adventure of imagining the spaces. That was the first image that captured me. ~ Rebecca Solnit
99 quotes by Rebecca Solnit
From activism to socialising to starting new bands, 99% of everything that happens on MySpace is fun and positive. But with that many people, there's going to be a few bad apples, which presents challenges. ~ Chris DeWolfe
99 quotes by Chris DeWolfe
As all our senses are the inlets of sin, so they are become the inlets of sorrow (99). ~ Richard Baxter
99 quotes by Richard Baxter
According to Japanese scholar Yuki Tanaka, the United States firebombed over a hundred Japanese cities. Destruction reached 99.5 percent in the city of Toyama, driving Secretary of War Henry Stimson to tell Truman he "did not want to have the US get the reputation of outdoing Hitler in atrocities," though Stimson did almost nothing to halt the slaughter. He had managed to delude himself into believing Arnold's promise that he would limit "damage to civilians." Future Defense Secretary Robert S. McNamara, who was on LeMay's staff in 1945, agreed with his boss's comment that of the United States lost the war, they'd all be tried as war criminals and deserved to be convicted.
Hatred towards the Japanese ran so deep that almost no one objected to the mass slaughter of civilians. ~ Oliver Stone
99 quotes by Oliver Stone
Yet an estimated 99 percent of people who have a problem with eating gluten don't even know it. They ascribe their ill health or symptoms to something else-not gluten sensitivity, which is 100 percent curable. ~ Mark Hyman, M.D.
99 quotes by Mark Hyman, M.D.
I spent as much time writing proposals in '98 and '99 as I did writing scripts. ~ Mark Millar
99 quotes by Mark Millar
I believe it's true that one person can make a difference. But how much more difference 100 people make, or rather 99. ~ Robert Hayden
99 quotes by Robert Hayden
I can feel things - tap into emotions. When I meet a new person, I know their life straight away. I suppose you could call it a special intuition, but it's my number one quality, and I'm always 99.9 percent right. If I don't like someone, it always turns out to be for a good reason. ~ Suzi Quatro
99 quotes by Suzi Quatro
Most of us have become Ecozombies, desensitized, environmental deadheads. On average, society conditions us to spend over 95% of our time and 99.9% of our thinking disconnected from nature. Nature's extreme absence in our lives leaves us abandoned and wanting. We feel we never have enough. We greedily, destructively, consume and, can't stop. Nature's loss in our psyche produces a hurt, hungering, void within us that bullies us into our dilemmas. ~ Michael J. Cohen
99 quotes by Michael J. Cohen
Today Americans living below the poverty line are not just light-years ahead of most Africans; they're light-years ahead of the wealthiest Americans from just a century ago. Today 99 percent of Americans living below the poverty line have electricity, water, flushing toilets, and a refrigerator; 95 percent have a television; 88 percent have a telephone; 71 percent have a car; and 70 percent even have air-conditioning. This may not seem like much, but one hundred years ago men like Henry Ford and Cornelius Vanderbilt were among the richest on the planet, but they enjoyed few of these luxuries. ~ Peter H. Diamandis
99 quotes by Peter H. Diamandis
I know it sounds new age-y, but what I've truly come up with is that you really need to trust that you're on your own path, as long as you stay true to it and you show up, which is 99% of it. ~ Jane Lynch
99 quotes by Jane Lynch
What distinguishes the various kinds of fears is the combination and amount of the raw materials involved. What ties together all instances of fear is the awareness that a threat to well-being is present or is soon very likely to occur. In short, in order to be felt as fear, components of a nonconscious defensive motivational state have to invade and become a presence98 in conscious awareness. This can only happen in organisms that have the capacity to both be aware of brain representations of internal and external events and to know in a personal, autobiographical sense that the event is happening to them - someone has to be home in the brain in order to feel fear when the defensive state knocks on the door.99 ~ Joseph E. Ledoux
99 quotes by Joseph E. Ledoux
Restricting access to such a basic health care service, which 99% of sexually experienced American women have used and 62% of American women are using right now, is out of touch with public sentiment. ~ Sandra Fluke
99 quotes by Sandra Fluke
99% of all lawyers give the rest of them a bad name. ~ David Gerrold
99 quotes by David Gerrold
Surely it wasn't possible that Vin diPietro was the first assignment.
"Hello?" DiPietro waved. "You in there?"
Nah, Jim thought. Can't be. That would be above and beyond any call of duty.
Over the guy's shoulder, the commercial that was on the TV suddenly showed a price of $49.99-no, $29.99, with a little red arrow that ... considering where Vin was standing, poined right at his head.
"Sh*t, no" Jim muttered. This was the guy?
On the Tv screen, some woman in a pink bathrobe smiled up at the camera and mouthed, Yes, it is! ~ J.R. Ward
99 quotes by J.R. Ward
But Ruth was wrong, too. There was more than just one other world beyond ours; there were hundreds and hundreds of them, and at 99 cents apiece I could rent them all. ~ Emily M. Danforth
99 quotes by Emily M. Danforth
Our entire life we chase the wrong things because we think having more money and buying more stuff will make us more happy. But it doesn't. You know why a billionaire has 100 Ferraris? Because 99 weren't enough. ~ Oliver Markus Malloy
99 quotes by Oliver Markus Malloy
My most prized possession was my lanyard of Lip Smackers I tore it out of the confines of the paper package, which read "all the flavor of being a girl.".. In the car, I draped the black lanyard around my neck with a single green plastic balm dangling. I proudly dangled my girlhood in all its fruitiness. It cost only $2.99. ~ Janet Mock
99 quotes by Janet Mock
For 'Breaking Bad,' people were with Walter White for 99% of that show, even though that guy is a monster. ~ Adam McKay
99 quotes by Adam McKay
I know when to say no and when to say yes. I take responsibility for my choices. The victim? She went somewhere else. The only one who can truly victimize me is myself, and 99 percent of the time I choose to do that no more. But I need to continue to remember the key principles: boundaries, letting go, forgiveness after feeling my feelings - not before, self-expression, loving others but loving myself, too. ~ Melody Beattie
99 quotes by Melody Beattie
5,000 to 10,000 words - $0.99 15,000 to 25,000 words - $2.99 30,000+ words - $3.99 and up ~ Nathan Meunier
99 quotes by Nathan Meunier
Suggestions Quotes «
» Teddy Cruz Quotes