97 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 97.

Quotes About 97

Enjoy collection of 90 97 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 97. Righ click to see and save pictures of 97 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

We had a much deeper sense of community in '67 than we do in '97. This is important to say that not in a nostalgic way because it's not as if '67 was a time when things were so good. ~ Cornel West
97 quotes by Cornel West
Large-caps were safe in 1996, '97, '98. Everybody was buying index funds and Nifty Fifty funds. As long as money was pouring in, it was great. ~ Louis Navellier
97 quotes by Louis Navellier
Ladies and gentlemen of the class of '97:
Wear sunscreen.
If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it. The long-term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this advice now.
Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth. Oh, never mind. You will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they've faded. But trust me, in 20 years, you'll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you can't grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked. You are not as fat as you imagine.
Don't worry about the future. Or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind, the kind that blindside you at 4 p.m. on some idle Tuesday. ~ Mary Schmich
97 quotes by Mary Schmich
Natural gas is the best transportation fuel. It's better than gasoline or diesel. It's cleaner, it's cheaper, and it's domestic. Natural gas is 97 percent domestic fuel, North America. ~ T. Boone Pickens
97 quotes by T. Boone Pickens
97. I approached the symbol, with its layers of meaning, but when I touched it, it changed into only a beautiful princess.
98. I threw the beautiful princess headfirst down the mountain to my acquaintances.
99. Who could be relied upon to deal with her. ~ Donald Barthelme
97 quotes by Donald Barthelme
Knowing what you're aiming for is essential. In a famous study of Yale University students, researchers found that only 3% had written goals with plans for their achievement. Twenty years later researchers interviewed the surviving graduates and found that those 3% were worth more financially than the other 97% combined. ~ Karen McCreadie
97 quotes by Karen McCreadie
Since 2008, batters have hit only .175 against pitches thrown at 100 m.p.h. or above. Batting averages go up as the speed of the pitches goes down: .210 at 99, .213 at 98, .225 at 97, .242 at 96 and .252 at 95. ~ Barry Bearak
97 quotes by Barry Bearak
There is a boy in the neighborhood...whom I have defended in some of his troubles with the law. He used to stop in often on Saturday mornings to shave and wash up, after having spent the week on the streets. He has been addicted for a long time. His father threw him out three years ago, when he was first arrested. He has contrived so many stories to induce clergy and social workers to give him money to support his habit that he is no longer believed when he asks for help...He is dirty, ignorant, arrogant, dishonest, unemployable, broken, unreliable, ugly, rejected, alone. And he knows it. He knows at last that he has nothing to offer. There is nothing about him that permits the love of another person for him. He is unlovable. Yet it is in his own confession that he does not deserve the love of another that he represents all the rest of us in this regard. We are all unlovable. More tan that, the action of this boy's life points beyond itself, it points to the Gospel, to God who loves us though we hate Him, who loves us though we do not please Him, who loves us not for our sake but for His own sake, who loves us freely, who accepts us though we have nothing acceptable to offer him. Hidden in the obnoxious existence of this boy is the scandalous secret of the Word of God. ~ William Stringfellow
97 quotes by William Stringfellow
I don't think dressing has anything to do with numbers. I know people of 30 who act like they're 97, and I have a few old-bag friends who are very hip. ~ Iris Apfel
97 quotes by Iris Apfel
Thank You for Purchasing This Book. You Have Been Qualify To Get Our Newest Release "Minecraft Master Handbook" 9.97 for only 2.99! (Limited Time Offer) Newest Release"Minecraft Master Handbook" ~ Tony Williams
97 quotes by Tony Williams
This dual position suggests a basic tension or 'existential dilemma' in human living that each of us seeks to resolve: the search for, and attempt to construct, a way of being that somehow will balance our unique reflections upon our lived experience with the perceived demands and desires of being-with-others. In this sense, the fundamental project of living, for all of us, becomes the struggle to achieve relational balance between or experience of our own self-construct, our experience of others as we have construed them to be, and our experience of that 'between-ness' that emerges through our every encounter with the world. ~ Ernesto Spinelli
97 quotes by Ernesto Spinelli
Money, power, love, sex (until they get married), adulation, children, and control. Of these, children cause the most trouble. Women also want equal rights and equal pay for equal work, and I agree with them 100%. Though on some days it is hard to figure out how a species that controls 97% of the money and all the pussy can be downtrodden. ~ Larry L. King
97 quotes by Larry L. King
I have to own up and say that, much as I love my PowerBook, which now does about 97.8 percent of what I used to use the lumbering old desktop dinosaurs for, I've given up trying to use it on planes. Yes, yes, I know that there are sorts of power-user strategies you can use to extend your battery life - dimming modes, RAM disks, processor-resting, and so on - but the point is that I really can't be bothered. I'm perfectly capable of just reading the in-flight magazine if I want to be irritated. ~ Douglas Adams
97 quotes by Douglas Adams
The federal Religious Freedom Restoration Act passed unanimously in the House, won 97 votes in the Senate, and was signed into law by President Bill Clinton. Twenty states have passed their own versions of this law, and 11 additional ones have religious-liberty protections that state courts have interpreted to provide a similar level of protection. ~ Edwin Meese
97 quotes by Edwin Meese
In a sermon I heard recently, the minister claimed that the portrait of God as a storm god (a literary motif that he did not name) in Psalm 97 is based on allusions to the Exodus and is 'not mere window dressing,' that is, metaphoric. As I observed to this preacher later, he used a metaphor in his denigration of metaphor as mere window dressing. ~ Leland Ryken
97 quotes by Leland Ryken
Astarte has come again, more powerful than before. She possesses me. She lies in wait for me.

December 97

My cruelty has also returned: the cruelty which frightens me. It lies dormant for months, for years, and then all at once awakens, bursts forth and - once the crisis is over - leaves me in mortal terror of myself.

Just now in the avenue of the Bois, I whipped my dog till he bled, and for nothing - for not coming immediately when I called! The poor animal was there before me, his spine arched, cowering close to the ground, with his great, almost human, eyes fixed on me... and his lamentable howling! It was as though he were waiting for the butcher! But it was as if a kind of drunkenness had possessed me. The more I struck out the more I wanted to strike; every shudder of that quivering flesh filled me with some incomprehensible ardour. A circle of onlookers formed around me, and I only stopped myself for the sake of my self-respect.

Afterwards, I was ashamed.

I am always ashamed of myself nowadays. The pulse of life has always filled me with a peculiar rage to destroy. When I think of two beings in love, I experience an agonising sensation; by virtue of some bizarre backlash, there is something which smothers and oppresses me, and I suffocate, to the point of anguish.

Whenever I wake up in the middle of the night to the muted hubbub of bumps and voices which suddenly become perceptible in the dormant city - ~ Jean Lorrain
97 quotes by Jean Lorrain
For summer and his pleasures wait on thee,
And, thou away, the very birds are mute:
Or, if they sing, 'tis with so dull a cheer,
That leaves look pale, dreading the winter's near. ~ William Shakespeare
97 quotes by William Shakespeare
The fate of the humanities faculty in the burgeoning world of for-profit higher education is easy to predict, but painful to contemplate. Universities that, by virtue of their very mission, validate economic efficiency and productivity above all else also sanction apathy toward the humanities. (p. 97) ~ Frank Donoghue
97 quotes by Frank Donoghue
I am like glass to him, like water, Hannah thought to herself, alone now in the music room, heart racing. He sees through me, but how? Page: 97 ~ Kathryn Lasky
97 quotes by Kathryn Lasky
One year Halloween came on October 24, three hours after midnight. At that time, James Nightshade of 97 Oak Street was thirteen years, eleven months, twenty-three days old. Next door, William Halloway was thirteen years, eleven months, and twenty-four days old. Both touched toward fourteen; it almost trembled in their hands. And that was the October week when they grew up overnight, and were never so young any more ... ~ Ray Bradbury
97 quotes by Ray Bradbury
It's not fun facing a ball going 97 mph, trust me. ~ Kevin Pietersen
97 quotes by Kevin Pietersen
We signed with Roadrunner because, they almost signed us in '97 or something, and we've been wanting to work with Monty Connor, the guy who signed us, for a long time because he's been a huge fan of us since, I mean, in high school, when I was in high school and he was following our band. ~ Jess Margera
97 quotes by Jess Margera
New York is only 97 miles from Philadelphia but was the Big Time as no other American city has ever been. ~ Ethel Waters
97 quotes by Ethel Waters
I left Stone Sour in '97 because, by that time, we'd been together for about five years and I was kind of getting to the point where I wanted to do something different. I loved the music that we did and I loved the guys that I was with, but I was 24 and just felt like I needed to go and try something different so I didn't get stuck where I was, you know, just doing the same thing. And, coincidentally, that's when Slipknot came and asked me to join. I'd never done anything like Slipknot up until then, so I was like, "Okay, we'll try this and we'll see what happens." And it worked out. ~ Corey Taylor
97 quotes by Corey Taylor
You know, 97 percent of the time, if you come into a hospital, everything goes well. But three percent of the time, we have major complications. ~ Atul Gawande
97 quotes by Atul Gawande
My father lived to be 97 and played bridge every day up to the end, so I've got a 50 percent chance of living a long life like him. ~ Henry Louis Gates
97 quotes by Henry Louis Gates
There was no way she'd allow him to see her do 97 percent of her normal activities. She was a monster. A monster who was flat as a board with no ass. In fact, the only thing she had going on in the curves department was an enormous cystic pimple on her chin that hurt when she touched it. Yeah, no. ~ Mary H.K. Choi
97 quotes by Mary H.K. Choi
I think I did 97 pitch meetings, and even at the 97th meeting, there were questions I was getting that I hadn't had in the - you know, any of the 96 preceding ones. ~ David Plotz
97 quotes by David Plotz
I pulled out of making movies in about '96 or '97. ~ Rick Moranis
97 quotes by Rick Moranis
When I left Washington, we actually had a balanced budget and we paid down the most amount of the national debt in modern history and cut taxes and created jobs. And I was the chief architect of that plan in '97. ~ John Kasich
97 quotes by John Kasich
I'm from California, but my father, who passed away when I was young, was from Newark. When I was kid, we would go back east and catch Yankees games. His side of the family are big Yankees fans. But, the real connection came in '97 when I moved to New York and became friends with the team. ~ Carson Daly
97 quotes by Carson Daly
Hence 8197. He liked 97 because it was the largest two-digit prime number, and he loved 81 because it was absolutely the only number out of all the literally infinite possibilities whose square root was also the sum of its digits. Square root of eighty-one was nine, and eight and one made nine. No other nontrivial number in the cosmos had that kind of sweet symmetry. Perfect. ~ Lee Child
97 quotes by Lee Child
I say I drownin' in river. She don't look me like I'm crazy but say, If you just sit there the river gonna rise up drown you! Writing could be the boat carry you to the other side. (97) ~ Sapphire.
97 quotes by Sapphire.
No! You stay alive! Submit, do you hear? You're strong, you survive. You stay alive, no matter what occurs! I will find you. No matter how long it takes, no matter how far, I will find you ... (Hawkeye / The Last of the Mohicans) 97 ~ James Fenimore Cooper
97 quotes by James Fenimore Cooper
Only about 3 percent of animal species are monogamous. A couple of penguins, some otters and a few other oddball critters. To these select few it comes natural to mate for life and never look at another member of the opposite sex. Humans are not part of that little club. Like the other 97% of species, humans are not monogamous by nature. We just pretend that we are. ~ Oliver Markus
97 quotes by Oliver Markus
Most companies, 97 percent or more, put all their focus on clever advertising and clever taglines to get people to buy average or mediocre products. You need to back off and offer a really good product or service. ~ Brian Tracy
97 quotes by Brian Tracy
For those who believe Trump's Wall is the solution to stopping the inflow of drugs to the US, here is an interesting stat:

95%-97% of the drugs coming into the U.S. are coming by water, via non-commercial boats, container ships, fishing boats, speed boats and even submarines. ~ Ed Krassenstein
97 quotes by Ed Krassenstein
Live until you die." spoken by Nana Antonia in Steve Burt's story "Nana Antonia's Christmas Wish" in Family Circle Magazine. The story is also found as "Christmas Eve 12 Plus 97" in Steve' book, A Christmas Dozen. ~ Steve Burt
97 quotes by Steve Burt
There's an entire flight simulator hidden in every copy of Microsoft Excel 97. ~ Bruce Schneier
97 quotes by Bruce Schneier
I remember when the big shift happened in 1996-97, when suddenly it dawned on the music community: 'We should license our music to commercials and sell out for all intents and purposes. It doesn't really matter.' ~ DJ Shadow
97 quotes by DJ Shadow
I was born in 1991, and 'Harry Potter' came out in '97, so, you know, I was really obsessed. I used to read them in one night. ~ Samantha Shannon
97 quotes by Samantha Shannon
About 97% of the media is created by men. ~ Jodie Evans
97 quotes by Jodie Evans
Hey," she says to him.
"Hey," he says in return.
"Hey," I offer, making sure that I add to the awkwardness.

Lyons, Heather (2013-11-17). A Matter of Heart (Fate Series Book 2) (pp. 96-97). Cerulean Books. Kindle Edition. ~ Heather Lyons
97 quotes by Heather Lyons
Most people have difficulty thinking of themselves as just another animal. They refuse to face the fact that 96% of what can be found in their bodies can also be found inside a pig or a horse or that our DNA is 97. 5% identical to that of a gorilla and 98. 4% to that of a chimpanzee. The only thing that makes us different from other animals is our ability to think and make forward plans. ~ Allan Pease
97 quotes by Allan Pease
That king who forsakes lust, anger, bestows wealth to needy,
Discriminates, is learned, active, is regarded as man of authority;
Prosperity is attends on king who inspires confidence in others truly,
Who punishes guilty in right measure, knows when to show mercy.
[97] - 33 Mahatma Vidur ~ Munindra Misra
97 quotes by Munindra Misra
Simos said, "Grief work must be shared. In sharing, however, there must be no impatience, censure or boredom with the repetition, because repetition is necessary for catharsis and internalization and eventual unconscious acceptance of the reality of the loss. The bereaved are sensitive to the feelings of others and will not only refrain from revealing feelings to those they consider unequal to the burden of sharing the grief but may even try to comfort the helpers." (97) ~ Charles L. Whitfield
97 quotes by Charles L. Whitfield
We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: premature optimization is the root of all evil. Yet we should not pass up our opportunities in that critical 3% ~ Donald Knuth
97 quotes by Donald Knuth
Only the wounded healer can truly heal. (97) ~ Irvin D. Yalom
97 quotes by Irvin D. Yalom
Twenty-five years ago, I created the Taxpayer Protection Pledge at the federal level. Then I brought it to the state and local level. About 97 percent of the Republicans in the House and 85 percent in the Senate have signed on, and the number of candidates who have taken the pledge is even higher. It's become a party position. ~ Grover Norquist
97 quotes by Grover Norquist
3% of the problems have figures, 97% of the problems do not. ~ W. Edwards Deming
97 quotes by W. Edwards Deming
Street cred. Anybody who got in before '97 is considered OK – from '97 to 2000 it can go either way, maybe they're not not always cool, but usually they're not quite the kind of full-service dickhead you're seeing in the business now."
"He's considered cool?"
"No, he's a dickhead, but one of the early ones. A pioneer dickhead. ~ Thomas Pynchon
97 quotes by Thomas Pynchon
Five weeks in the hospital fled as if down a sinkhole into the middle of the earth ... Can waiting by definition slow, flash by? ... Time becomes even more elastic than usual
minutes can stretch for ages and days suddenly snap together. [p. 97] ~ Diane Ackerman
97 quotes by Diane Ackerman
We all know that 97% of the money in the world doesn't exist and that's thanks to Fractional Reserve Banking, or should I say fictional reserve banking." He grinned at his own joke, his smile partly hidden by his hair, "Money is no longer attached to the Gold Standard, therefore, it isn't based on anything. So when it says, 'I promise to pay the bearer on demand ten pounds,' I have to ask, ten pounds of what?" Silence. "The world is owned by the rich shareholder, the rich superstar, the rich industrialist, the rich aristocracy." He was now marching around the stage, "It doesn't matter who or what they are, if they're rich then they own a part of the world, but they only own it because they've got lots of money. Which means they own part of the 97% of the world's fictional money, the pretend money that only exists on a computer." He stopped abruptly and stared out at the audience, "Which means that if they cashed in their fictional nonexistent money they'd get something like this ten pound note offering to pay the bearer the sum of ten pounds of nothing." He held the note aloft, "Which means the rich have managed to buy the entire world with paper nothing that has a value of nothing and we've let them do it. ~ Arun D. Ellis
97 quotes by Arun D. Ellis
God causes grains and seeds to split and sprout, for He brings life from death and death from life. That's how God is to you, so how is it that you're so deceived (about His nature)? [95] He splits the dawn (from the night) and made the night for rejuvenation and rest, while the sun and the moon are for counting the passage of time. That's how He's arranged (for your world to work, for He's) the Powerful and the Knowing. [96] He's the One Who made the stars (as reference points) to guide you on your way through the unknown regions of land and sea, and this is how We explain Our signs for people who know. [97] He's the One Who produced you all from a single soul. (So understand that this world that you inhabit) is a place to linger, and it's also a point of departure. This is how We explain Our verses for people who understand. He's the One Who sends down water from the sky and uses it to produce plants of every kind. ~ Anonymous
97 quotes by Anonymous
The people of North America, at this time, expect a revisal and reformation of the American Governments, and are better disposed to submit to it than ever they were, or perhaps ever will be again.97. This is therefore the proper and critical time to reform the American governments upon a general, constitutional, firm, and durable plan; and if it is not done now, it will probably every day grow more difficult, till at last it becomes impracticable. ~ Sir Francis Bernard, 1st Baronet
97 quotes by Sir Francis Bernard, 1st Baronet
How to recover lost password of Excel file? Have you ever thought what to do when you didn't get any consistent solution for password recovery? Stop all thinking more because eSoftTools has brought such as predominant eSoftTools Recover Excel File Password Software that astonishingly works to recover forgotten and lost Excel, word and access file password through applying unique methods like- dictionary attacks, brute force attacks and password known attacks. Supports all Excel versions included- 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000 and 97 without create problem.
Read More:-eSoftToolsExcelPasswordRecovery ~ Excel File Password Recovery
97 quotes by Excel File Password Recovery
People ask: Why should I care about the ocean? Because the ocean is the cornerstone of earth's life support system, it shapes climate and weather. It holds most of life on earth. 97% of earth's water is there. It's the blue heart of the planet - we should take care of our heart. It's what makes life possible for us. We still have a really good chance to make things better than they are. They won't get better unless we take the action and inspire others to do the same thing. No one is without power. Everybody has the capacity to do something. ~ Sylvia A. Earle
97 quotes by Sylvia A. Earle
Those things that you just do, if you put that together in a DVD program, let's say, for $97, to teach people how to do that. Well, if you sold 100 of those a month, that's $9,700 of income a month just teaching what you already do and know to people who want to learn how to do the same. ~ Brendon Burchard
97 quotes by Brendon Burchard
A small-time hoodlum who had spent most of the 1960s at San Quentin State Prison in California, the 30-year-old Bryant claimed that he hijacked Flight 97 under orders from his higher-ups in the Black Panther Party; he said his mission was to arrange for the purchase of bazookas to aid the organization's struggle against oppression. ~ Brendan I. Koerner
97 quotes by Brendan I. Koerner
this 97% [of climate scientists accepting human-caused global warming], that doesn't mean anything. ~ James Inhofe
97 quotes by James Inhofe
The True End of not only therapy but Maturity is to learn to live with the inescapable fact that 97% of all human beings are getting fucked and 97% of all faggots are, too. ~ Larry Kramer
97 quotes by Larry Kramer
You cannot love God and tolerate evil. Psalm 97:10. ~ Felix Wantang
97 quotes by Felix Wantang
I got my bearings, I began to focus. My mother was very supportive. When I came back to New York I landed a job at Hot 97. ~ Angie Martinez
97 quotes by Angie Martinez
Report in The Economist as much as 97 per cent of the world's plant and animal species may still await discovery. Of ~ Bill Bryson
97 quotes by Bill Bryson
Walk away from the 97% crowd. Don't use their excuses. Take charge of your own life. ~ Jim Rohn
97 quotes by Jim Rohn
He thought back but Bianca, her foot heavy on the accelerator, thought away. From Rose, their mother, their entire past, books and papers and stories and sorrows: let it sink into the ocean. She had her wallet and her sleeping bag and her running shoes and her van; and she drove as if this were the point from which the rest of her life might begin. ~ Andrea Barrett
97 quotes by Andrea Barrett
In 1990 [Claudette Colbert] wished Vanity Fair readers "a fabulous new decade. I'm praying to make it to 2000. After all, I'll only be 97." She didn't quite make it. ~ Eve Golden
97 quotes by Eve Golden
I personally cannot discern a shred of evidence for '[intelligent] design.' If 97% of all creatures have gone extinct, some plan isn't working very well! ~ Irven Devore
97 quotes by Irven Devore
I think movies are getting dumber, actually. Where it used to be 50/50, now it`s 3% good, 97% stupid. ~ Ridley Scott
97 quotes by Ridley Scott
Squaring numbers is a symmetrical process that I like very much. And when I divide one number by another, say, 13 divided by 97, I see a spiral rotating downwards in larger and larger loops that seem to warp and curve. The shapes coalesce into the right number. I never write anything down. ~ Daniel Tammet
97 quotes by Daniel Tammet
[Jellyfish] are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful. ~ Karl Pilkington
97 quotes by Karl Pilkington
Their story begins on ground level, with footsteps. They are myriad, but do not compose a series. They cannot be counted because each unit has a qualitative character: a style of tactile apprehension and kinesthetic appropriation. Their swarming mass is an innumerable collection of singularities. Their intertwined paths give their shape to spaces. They weave places together. In that respect, pedestrian movements form one of these 'real systems whose existence in fact makes up the city.' They are not localized; it is rather they that spatialize. They are no more inserted within a container than those Chinese character speakers sketch out on their hands with their fingertips. ~ Michel De Certeau
97 quotes by Michel De Certeau
They were as done as our Waffle King after the Cow Incident of '97. ~ Alessandra Torre
97 quotes by Alessandra Torre
The way to connect with voters on the plan is to simply give the facts. Fifty per cent of taxpayers pay 97 per cent of the taxes. By most people's standards, that's already fair. The President is playing the class warfare card because he knows that a lot of people may never hear that particular fact. But it's a fact. ~ Herman Cain
97 quotes by Herman Cain
I started seeing poetry from a strictly consumerist perspective as poets serving up beverages. Most, maybe like 97 percent or something, serve lemonade. You can consume their work and it will teach you nothing, and it will leave a sticky unpleasant feeling in your mouth and a slight nausea in your stomach. There are all kinds of home-made lemonades, milky lemonade, watery lemonade, some throw pepper in it or even puke in the lemonade, but its still lemonade, just a puky sort.

Then there are a few that offer stronger drinks. Some say the secret is the cellar, but I think that's just a propaganda story. If you leave a bottle of lemonade in the cellar for 10 years it won't turn into wine. But some of these fools are doing exactly that. Stinky old lemonade full of dust. And then there's those that think the problem is the Lemonade isn't smooth enough and they start filtering it with a sieve, imagining to be gold-diggers or something. No no no, the secret isn't cellars. The secret is rather a sincere hate for lemonade. As long as you don't hate lemonade with every pore in your body, as long as a part of you accepts the lemonade, then forget about the cellars. But if your soul says 'Fuck the Lemonade' then it starts to search.

You will find that a small percentage of poetry offered is like a strong beverage. Most then, again, are like cheap beer or wine. To find a wine that's actually good or even a decent whiskey you have to sift to tuns of poems, and then yo ~ Martijn Benders
97 quotes by Martijn Benders
My father died in '97. But at least he lived until 93, so he saw my success. ~ John Catsimatidis
97 quotes by John Catsimatidis
Eight hours after putting out a cigarette, you are 97% nicotine-free. After just three days of not smoking, you are 100% nicotine-free. ~ Allen Carr
97 quotes by Allen Carr
17% of girls have experienced a physical attack… 97% of students report regularly hearing homophobic remarks by peers… 53% hear homophobic comments by teaching staff… ~ Rosalind Wiseman
97 quotes by Rosalind Wiseman
In more than 500 instances, from the Gulf of Alaska to Bar Harbor, Maine, FEMA has remapped waterfront properties from the highest-risk flood zone, saving the owners as much as 97 percent on the premiums they pay into the financially strained National Flood Insurance Program. ~ Bill Dedman
97 quotes by Bill Dedman
Next to praying there is nothing so important in practical religion as Bible reading. By reading that book we may learn what to believe, what to be, and what to do; how to live with comfort, and how to die in peace.
Happy is that man who possesses a Bible! Happier still is he who reads it! Happiest of all is he who not only reads it, but obeys it, and makes it the rule of his faith and practice! ~ J.C. Ryle
97 quotes by J.C. Ryle
Ninety-nine and nine-tenths of the earth's volume must forever remain invisible and untouchable. Because more than 97 per cent of it is too hot to crystallize, its body is extremely weak. The crust, being so thin, must bend, if, over wide areas, it becomes loaded with glacial ice, ocean water or deposits of sand and mud. It must bend in the opposite sense if widely extended loads of such material be removed. This accounts for ... the origin of chains of high mountains ... and the rise of lava to the earth's surface. ~ Reginald Aldworth Daly
97 quotes by Reginald Aldworth Daly
I went to Hong Kong in '97 to witness the handover after graduating university, and then I was gonna backpack around Asia and then come back here and look for a job. ~ Daniel Wu
97 quotes by Daniel Wu
Hall, for example, probably the most famous and influential writer in the field, distinguishes between what he calls "low context" societies like the United States and Europe and the "high context" societies found throughout most of the developing world. In the former, when one communicates with others - whether orally or in writing - one is expected to be direct, clear, explicit, concrete, linear, and to the point. But in most of the rest of the world, such behavior is considered a bit rude and shallow: one should approach one's subject in a thoughtfully indirect, suggestive, and circumlocutious manner.97 ~ Arthur M. Melzer
97 quotes by Arthur M. Melzer
[Professor Kinnerton] Has the fact that we have about 97 percent of our DNA in common with chimpanzees escaped you? How can you still argue we are special and have a soul when we are so obviously animals? ... [Al Gleeson] With due respect sir, the 97 percent is precisely the problem. Are chimpanzees 97 percent of the way to splitting the atom? Are they 97 percent of the way to writing their first sonnet? Someone tittered at the back of the room. Are bonobos 97 percent of the way to putting the first bonobo on the moon? Is there an orangutan somewhere with a simian Mona Lisa 97 percent finished? ~ Peter Kazmaier
97 quotes by Peter Kazmaier
CALL US AT OUR TOLL FREE NUMBER
1-855-249-8976
WE PROVIDE HIGHEST LEVEL OF TECHNICAL SUPPORT SERVICES.

* Free Diagnostic
* 97 Resolution Rate
* 24 x 7 Technical Support ~ Pctechsky
97 quotes by Pctechsky
It seems to me that dealing with little boys is a lot like playing poker. You need to know when to hold them, when to fold them, and when to walk away. But the most important thing you need to know is, oral contraceptives are only 97 percent effective. ~ Paula Wall
97 quotes by Paula Wall
A.Q., Keyes remembered, stood for Asshole Quotient. Skip Wiley had a well-known theory that the quality of life declined in direct proportion to the Asshole Quotient. According to Wiley's reckoning, Miami had 134 total assholes per square mile, giving it the worst A.Q. in North America. In second place was Aspen, Colorado (101), with Malibu Beach, California, finishing third at 97. ~ Carl Hiaasen
97 quotes by Carl Hiaasen
Another chestnut is that millionaires and billionaires are "job creators." U.S. corporations have recently had their most profitable quarters in history; at the end of 2011, Apple was sitting on $97.6 billion in cash, more than the GDP of most small countries. So where are the jobs? Overwhelmingly, they went to China.4 Another ~ Mike Lofgren
97 quotes by Mike Lofgren
I just think I'm blessed. I love the Lord Jesus Christ. I have a great grandmother that passed away at 104 and two grandparents that passed away at 97 and 95, and they never worried about protein. They just enjoyed life, and that's what I'm doing. ~ Herschel Walker
97 quotes by Herschel Walker
Plot idea: 97% of the world's scientists contrive an environmental crisis, but are exposed by a plucky band of billionaires & oil companies. ~ Scott Westerfeld
97 quotes by Scott Westerfeld
96 Quotes «
» 97 98 Quotes