90 S Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 90 S.

Quotes About 90 S

Enjoy collection of 48 90 S quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 90 S. Righ click to see and save pictures of 90 S quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Long Live the '90s"
http://www.goodnet.org/articles/856 ~ Internet Explorer
90 S quotes by Internet Explorer
I had heard this dog barking over the music earlier, but this was the first time I had seen him. He was a giant, brown Great Dane who was either annoyed or excited by everything that was going on. He made a beeline for the girls who had just stepped back onto the sidewalk. Ruby was the first of them to spot him coming at them and began to scream and run backwards. The rest of the group froze in place. The dog was barking like crazy as it charged at them. He circled Ruby once and then pounced on her. Ruby screamed and swatted at the dog with her bucket and then took off down the sidewalk.
"Ruby!" I screamed, "Don't run!"

- The Stable House ~ Laura Smith
90 S quotes by Laura Smith
I didn't see Danny come in or run towards me. He was just suddenly there, pulling me up by my arm so hard that I gasped. I felt his grip on my skin long after he let go. We ran down the steps where Mom met us, coughing. She was followed by a thick black cloud of smoke. I had never felt smoke that hot in my life. I tasted ash when I breathed in.
"Go! Get out!" she choked, waving us towards the front door.
We ran out into the night in our pajamas.
"Run to Violet's!" Mom called behind us.

- The Stable House ~ Laura Smith
90 S quotes by Laura Smith
The problem with fame is you no longer belong to you. You lose your persona and become the object of other people's obsession. I feel watched 90% of the time, but that is something I drew with the cards that I drew. ~ Dionne Warwick
90 S quotes by Dionne Warwick
Today, the origin of 90% of all the edible food Gambians consume are from places they have never heard of. ~ Yahya Jammeh
90 S quotes by Yahya Jammeh
After the interview ended, Stone and I were ushered out. Alex had an interview with Ted Nugent to conduct. In the elevator, Stone scrutinized me. "When we try to assess threats," he said, "the kooks are almost always wearing snowsuits in 90-degree weather. ~ Jon Ronson
90 S quotes by Jon Ronson
This interplay of military and academic motives became ingrained in the Internet. "The design of both the ARPANET and the Internet favored military values, such as survivability, flexibility, and high performance, over commercial goals, such as low cost, simplicity, or consumer appeal," the technology historian Janet Abbate noted. "At the same time, the group that designed and built ARPA's networks was dominated by academic scientists, who incorporated their own values of collegiality, decentralization of authority, and open exchange of information into the system."90 These academic researchers of the late 1960s, many of whom associated with the antiwar counterculture, created a system that resisted centralized command. It would route around any damage from a nuclear attack but also around any attempt to impose control. ~ Walter Isaacson
90 S quotes by Walter Isaacson
I'm Here All Weak might be the strangest comedy album I have ever heard. But I've listened twice, which is more than I listen to 90 percent of all comedy albums, so I think I love it? ~ Tom Scharpling
90 S quotes by Tom Scharpling
I'm not a long movie person. I have a very short attention span. If you give me a 90-minute movie, that's perfect. When it gets to be two hours, that's a little bit too long for me. ~ Courteney Cox
90 S quotes by Courteney Cox
A solid 90 percent of my readers are teenage girls. You are a force. You influence art and fashion and culture. You're eight different kinds of cool. You get overlooked far too much, but my 17 year old soul loves you endlessly. ~ Kiera Cass
90 S quotes by Kiera Cass
24,000 people, 18,000 of them children, die every day because of hunger. Each year we bring food to nearly 90 million people in more than 80 countries. Food - there's no greater gift, and no better way to give it than the World Food Programme. ~ Dikembe Mutombo
90 S quotes by Dikembe Mutombo
Emotion only lasts in our bodies for about 90 seconds. After that, the physical reaction dissipates, UNLESS our cognitive brain kicks in and starts connecting our anger with past events. ~ Jill Bolte Taylor
90 S quotes by Jill Bolte Taylor
Roughly 21,000 new brands are introduced worldwide per year, yet history tells us that more than 90% of them are gone from the shelf a year later. ~ Martin Lindstrom
90 S quotes by Martin Lindstrom
It was not about physical strength, Wit reminded himself. It was 90 percent mental, 10 percent physical. That's what the SEAL instructors were looking for: men and women who could disregard the pleadings of the body. Pain was nothing, sleep was nothing. What was chaffed skin, wrecked muscles, bleeding sores? The body chooses to be sore. The body chooses to be exhausted. But the SEAL mind rejects it. The SEAL mind commands the body, not the other way around. ~ Orson Scott Card
90 S quotes by Orson Scott Card
You know, something like 90 people who have now filed to run for governor in this recall election. They say there could be as many as 200 people on the ballot. You know, it's really easy to run here in California. All you need is like a couple of signatures, not many, thirty-five hundred bucks, you're on the ballot, like that. I mean, what does it say about California? We have stricter requirements to get on 'American Idol' than we do to run for governor. ~ Jay Leno
90 S quotes by Jay Leno
And sometimes people don't realize that 90 percent of the persistent poverty counties are located in rural America. ~ Tom Vilsack
90 S quotes by Tom Vilsack
Football's all about 90 minutes ~ Glenn Hoddle
90 S quotes by Glenn Hoddle
Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% how you React to it, Stay Strong, Be Unstoppable. ~ Diamond Dallas Page
90 S quotes by Diamond Dallas Page
much of the Bible is not systematically evil but just plain weird, as you would expect of a chaotically cobbled-together anthology of disjointed documents, composed, revised, translated, distorted and 'improved' by hundreds of anonymous authors, editors and copyists, unknown to us and mostly unknown to each other, spanning nine centuries.90 This may explain some of the sheer strangeness of the Bible. But unfortunately it is this same weird volume that religious zealots hold up to us as the inerrant source of our morals and rules for living. ~ Richard Dawkins
90 S quotes by Richard Dawkins
Their lives are the same for generations. There is no social upheaval that will really affect them. If you're comfortably middle-class, what's the worst a government policy could do? Ever? Tax you at 90 percent and leave your bins unemptied on the pavement. But you and everyone you know will continue to drink wine-- but maybe cheaper-- go on holiday-- but somewhere nearer-- and pay off your mortgage--although maybe later. ~ Caitlin Moran
90 S quotes by Caitlin Moran
aphorism 90:

I am incorrigible. I would have every object of the universe mechanically predictable but myself. ~ Matt Berry
90 S quotes by Matt Berry
By nature, I'm like a 90-year-old woman, so the whole internet and Twitter and Facebook, and all of that, I'm very new to. But, I am quite shocked at how much fun it is to be able to reach out to people, on a daily basis, and keep content out there, and how much it actually really does help promote things, in such a different way. ~ Jennifer Love Hewitt
90 S quotes by Jennifer Love Hewitt
You see a lot of these movies that are really just 90-minute video games. The effects are incredible. I get it: There's an art to that, terrific. I'm not interested in it, but there's an art to that I suppose. ~ Jeff Daniels
90 S quotes by Jeff Daniels
You're only 90. You've never been chased by a torch-carrying mob. ~ Josef
90 S quotes by Josef
Whenever elephants met men, elephants fared badly. Syria's final elephants were exterminated by twenty-five hundred years ago. Elephants were gone from much of China literally before the year 1 and much of Africa by the year 1000. Meanwhile, in India and southern Asia, elephants became the mounts of kings; tanks against forts, prisoners' executioners, and pincushions of arrows, driven mad in battle; elephants became logging trucks and bulldozers, and, as with other slaves, their forced labor requires beatings and abuse. Since Roman times, humans have reduced Africa's elephant population by perhaps 99 percent. African elephants are gone from 90 percent of the lands they roamed as recently as 1800, when, despite earlier losses, an estimated twenty-six million elephants still trod the continent. Now they number perhaps four hundred thousand. (The diminishment of Asian elephants over historic times is far worse.) The planet's menagerie has become like shards of broken glass; we're grinding the shards smaller and smaller. ~ Carl Safina
90 S quotes by Carl Safina
I can't remember ever being really bored. I find life very interesting, actually. I think some other musicians are always looking for something to give them an idea, but I find I have to reject 90 percent of my ideas because they don't live up to some self-imposed standard. That's also why I don't make a record once a year. I throw so many things out, and I have to have something to say. ~ Tom Verlaine
90 S quotes by Tom Verlaine
This does not come naturally. I have to work out 60 to 90 minutes at least five days a week and stick to a high- fiber, low-calorie eating plan. ~ Molly Sims
90 S quotes by Molly Sims
If you can raise profits by shaving costs on your main product and 90 percent of your customers wouldn't even notice, why not just do it? Because we can tell the difference. ~ Howard Schultz
90 S quotes by Howard Schultz
A beginning is a very delicate time. Know then, that is is the year 10191. The known universe is ruled by the Padishah Emperor Shaddam the Fourth, my father. In this time, the most precious substance in the universe is the spice Melange. The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. A product of the Spive, the red Sapho juice, stains the lips of the Mentats but allows them to be human computers, as thinking machines have been outlawed. The spice is vital to space travel. The Spacing Guild and its navigators, who the spice has mutated over 4000 years, use the orange spice gas, which gives them the ability to fold space. That is, travel to any part of the universe without moving. Because the Guild controls all interplanetary travel, they are the highest power in the Universe. The Spice also plays a very secret role in the Bene Gesserit sisterhood, of which I am a part. The sisterhood has been interfering with the marriages, and the children thereof, of the great Houses of the Universe, cleverly intermixing one bloodline with another to form the Kwisatz Haderach, a super being. They plan to control this super being and use his powers for their own selfish purposes. The breeding plan has been carried out in a strict manner for 90 generations. The goal of the super being is in sight. But now, so close to the prize, a Bene Gesserit woman, Jessica, the bound concubine of Duke Leto Atreides, who has been ordered to bear only daughters, has given birth to a son. Oh, yes. I ~ Frank Herbert
90 S quotes by Frank Herbert
Relax ... 90% of haters are begging for love. 10% just want a little attention ~ Paulo Coelho
90 S quotes by Paulo Coelho
I played [baseball] in college, so it wasn't that much a stretch. But I would say the main thing for guys who hadn't played before it's just one word - swagger. If you have swagger on the field, and look like you know how to play, that's 90% of it. ~ Tyler Hoechlin
90 S quotes by Tyler Hoechlin
I don't really have a great deal of spare time.I still have a house in the country, but I'm in London 90 percent of the time. ~ Bryan Ferry
90 S quotes by Bryan Ferry
Every adviser told me to study the company, learn the business for the first 90 days and don't make any decisions. I couldn't resist seeing broken things and immediately taking action. ~ Marcelo Claure
90 S quotes by Marcelo Claure
Teach us to number our days and recognize how few they are; help us to spend them as we should. (Ps. 90:12 TLB). ~ Linda Dillow
90 S quotes by Linda Dillow
Would say about 80 to 90 percent of most people's thinking is not only repetitive and useless, but because of its dysfunctional and often negative nature, much of it is also harmful. Observe ~ Eckhart Tolle
90 S quotes by Eckhart Tolle
The reapportionment of 2002 designed congressional districts that favored incumbents of both parties, leaving virtually no room for challengers to be elected. Of 435 members of the House of Representatives, only four incumbents lost to nonincumbents of the other party. In all, 96 percent of incumbents were re-elected. (It was only 90 percent in 1992 and 1982 after the previous reapportionments.) ~ Dick Morris
90 S quotes by Dick Morris
While writing my first 90 books, I was magazine editor, publisher, book publisher, executive, etc., so I was established in publishing. three of my seven or so books were biographies of sports stars and really opened doors for me in that area. ~ Jerry B. Jenkins
90 S quotes by Jerry B. Jenkins
[My wife] liked to collect old encyclopedias from second-hand bookstores, and at one point we had eight of them. When I wrote my first historical novel
back in 1980, before I was online
I used them often as a research tool. For instance, I learned that the Bastille was either 90 feet high or 100 feet or 120 feet. This led me to formulate Wilson's 22nd Law: 'Certitude belongs exclusively to those who only look in one encyclopedia.' ~ Robert Anton Wilson
90 S quotes by Robert Anton Wilson
Contrast 1968, when the CEO of General Motors took home, in pay and benefits, about sixty-six times the amount paid to a typical GM worker. Today the CEO of Wal-Mart earns nine hundred times the wages of his average employee. Indeed, the wealth of the Wal-Mart founder's family in 2005 was estimated at about the same ($90 billion) as that of the bottom 40% of the US population: 120 million people. ~ Tony Judt
90 S quotes by Tony Judt
There's gonna be all the twists and turns you would expect and twists and turns you did not expect, the finale is probably the most jam-packed episode there's ever been. Things are packed into it like sardines. All of the life is squeezed in there. They lengthened it to 90 minutes because there's just so much. It's a supersized monstrosity. ~ Sonequa Martin
90 S quotes by Sonequa Martin
Letter 90

When I used to sit up late at night writing in our bed, I was calmed by the sound of your breathing. I would hold my breath and watch your chest rise and fall. I felt like a blind man soothed by the scents and sounds of a garden.

As I lie here in bed writing this letter, there is only the sound of my own breathing.

When I hold my breath, there is only silence.

Tonight I feel like a miner being lowered farther and farther into a dark mine shaft, longing for the scents and the sounds of a garden. ~ Gregory Colbert
90 S quotes by Gregory Colbert
A student at the University of Wisconsin in Madison spent 90 days technology free. He went without a cell phone, Facebook, Twitter, or any social media of any kind. And you know what really improved? His driving! ~ Jay Leno
90 S quotes by Jay Leno
We've seen filibusters of bills and nominations that ultimately passed with 90 or more votes. Why filibuster something that has that kind of support? Just to slow down the process and keep the Senate from working. ~ Elizabeth Warren
90 S quotes by Elizabeth Warren
Man's natural life span, 75 to 90 years or so, has not increased. It is the number of us who manage to attain it that has increased. ~ Andrew Tobias
90 S quotes by Andrew Tobias
I can't let important policy decisions hinge on the fact that an election is coming up every 90 days. ~ Gerhard Schroder
90 S quotes by Gerhard Schroder
General Motors is alive and kicking today, it is because in 2009 President Obama's administration wrote off 90 percent of its debt. ~ Yanis Varoufakis
90 S quotes by Yanis Varoufakis
Community does involve psychology stuff - which, in my opinion, is why roughly 90 percent of new communities fail. Forming a community is deeply psychological. Emotional pain and hidden expectations exert a powerful pull on people, and community founders are no exception. Put a group of people in a community visioning session, and you have dozens of different needs and expectations, known and unknown, ricocheting invisibly around the room. ~ Diana Leafe Christian
90 S quotes by Diana Leafe Christian
The motivation I possessed to serve my country is what got me out of the small town of Lyons, Texas where I grew up, and into the world of service, love of country, helping others, and being an American soldier." (Page 90). ~ Kenneth A. Bracewell
90 S quotes by Kenneth A. Bracewell
Worst Quotes «
» Generation Y Quotes