8 Mile Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 8 Mile.

Quotes About 8 Mile

Enjoy collection of 41 8 Mile quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 8 Mile. Righ click to see and save pictures of 8 Mile quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Pink Friday Eminem 8 Mile It must hurt to sell your album on Paypal ~ Nicki Minaj
8 Mile quotes by Nicki Minaj
When I was 2, we moved into an imposing country mansion 8 miles west of Cardiff, Wales. ~ Roald Dahl
8 Mile quotes by Roald Dahl
Where I'm from is like 'Hustle & Flow' versus '8 Mile.' It's that really grimy, box-Chevy, dope-boy, working-class music. ~ Yelawolf
8 Mile quotes by Yelawolf
I've been to 8 Mile. I condensed a half marathon into it. ~ Jarod Kintz
8 Mile quotes by Jarod Kintz
I moved to New York - I attended NYU, did a BFA in Acting at NYU. I was really into hip-hop, so I started battling, like '8 Mile.' I used to rap battle. ~ Utkarsh Ambudkar
8 Mile quotes by Utkarsh Ambudkar
For 'So Cold the River,' I'm actually working on adapting the book with Scott Silver, who was just nominated for an Oscar for 'The Fighter,' and who also wrote '8 Mile,' which I think is a terrific screenplay. The chance to work with Scott is a tremendous pleasure and I'm learning a lot. ~ Michael Koryta
8 Mile quotes by Michael Koryta
Because I grew up trapped in the suburbs 8 miles outside of D.C. and I've never seen what people who live in D.C. look like. ~ Thao Nguyen
8 Mile quotes by Thao Nguyen
I remember very much there in Falls Church there was a creek that was flowing down into 4 Mile Run. I believe it's now covered up where it goes under Columbia Street. I found a whole family of weasels down there. ~ Jim Fowler
8 Mile quotes by Jim Fowler
My wife said never to judge her until I walked a mile in her shoes. That's how I found out I like wearing high heels. ~ Jerry Snider
8 Mile quotes by Jerry Snider
China built a thirteen-thousand-mile wall several centuries before Christ, and it's still working. ~ Ann Coulter
8 Mile quotes by Ann Coulter
I see myself being married to my girlfriend and backpacking all over the world. If I can go out and do a 15-mile hike and climb a 12,000-ft. peak, I'm good to go. ~ Matt Long
8 Mile quotes by Matt Long
If you feel you are the body type, then running can be very beautiful for you: a four, five mile run every day. And make it a meditation. It will transform you completely. ~ Rajneesh
8 Mile quotes by Rajneesh
I go out on the porch and gaze up at the stars twinkling above, the random scattering of millions of stars. Even in a planetarium you wouldn't find as many. Some of them really look big and distinct, like if you reached your hand out intently you could touch them. The whole thing is breathtaking. Not just beautiful though
the stars like the trees in the forest, alive and breathing. And they're watching me. What I've done up till now, what I'm going to do
they know it all. Nothing gets past their watchful eyes. As I sit there under the shining night sky, again a violent fear takes hold of me. My heart's pounding a mile a minute, and I can barely breathe. All these millions of stars looking down on me, and I've never given them more than a passing thought before. Bot just stars
how many other things haven't I noticed in the world, things I know nothing about? I suddenly feel helpless, completely powerless. And I know I'll never outrun that awful feeling. (135) ~ Haruki Murakami
8 Mile quotes by Haruki Murakami
If people haven't walked a mile in your shoes, don't listen to them if they mock the sores on your feet. ~ Matshona Dhliwayo
8 Mile quotes by Matshona Dhliwayo
The nuclear industry has this amazing record, even equipment from generations one and two. But nuclear mishaps tend to come in these big events - Chernobyl, Three Mile Island, and now Fukushima - so it's more visible. ~ Bill Gates
8 Mile quotes by Bill Gates
They're in their own world, where good things happen, a quarter mile and a million light years away. ~ Caroline Kepnes
8 Mile quotes by Caroline Kepnes
When the valley surrounding St. Cloud's was cleared and the second growth (scrub pine and random, unmanaged softwoods) sprang up everywhere, like swamp weed, and when there were no more logs to send downriver, from Three Mile Falls to St. Cloud's
because there were no more trees
that was when the Ramses Paper Company introduced Maine to the twentieth century by closing down the saw mill and the lumberyard along the river at St. Cloud's and moving camp downstream ... There were no Ramses Paper Company people left behind, but there were people ...
Not one of the neglected officers of the Catholic Church of St. Cloud's stayed; there were more souls to save by following the Ramses Paper Company downstream. ~ John Irving
8 Mile quotes by John Irving
Feelings of despair, anger, hatred, bitterness, stress, and depression stem from the ego's anxiety and insistence on living up to an external standard. The result is the anguish of not measuring up or fitting in properly. The ego will seldom allow you to rest, and demands more and more because it's terrified that you'll be called a failure. When you move beyond ego and make your higher self the dominant force in your life, you'll begin to feel that contentment and inner glow of peace and success that characterizes the extra mile. 2. ~ Wayne W. Dyer
8 Mile quotes by Wayne W. Dyer
Reading dreams. That's what started her walking down the road. Every day she'd walk a little further: a mile, and come home. Two miles, and come home. One day she just kept on. ~ Truman Capote
8 Mile quotes by Truman Capote
And it's a preference, a long-held preference, what you might call a 'habit of mind' - putting words into other people's mouths. And those people are played by people whose profession is to pretend to be other people. For which purpose, they adopt gestures, voices, intonations, even sexual attitudes not their own. On stage, they affect to be ravished and amused by someone whom they will, afterwards, run a mile to avoid having dinner with. Likewise, they spit torrents of abuse against an actor who later, later, in the softness of the night, they will share their bed with. ~ David Hare
8 Mile quotes by David Hare
Every time the women appear, Snowman is astonished all over again. They're every known colour from the deepest black to whitest white, they're various heights, but each one of them is admirably proportioned. Each is sound of tooth, smooth of skin. No ripples of fat around their waists, no bulges, no dimpled orange-skin cellulite on their thighs. No body hair, no bushiness. They look like retouched fashion photos, or ads for a high priced workout program.
Maybe this is the reason that these women arouse in Snowman not even the faintest stirrings of lust. It was the thumbprints of human imperfection that used to move him, the flaws in the design: the lopsided smile, the wart next to the navel, the mole, the bruise. These were the places he'd single out, putting his mouth on them. Was it consolation he'd had in mind, kissing the wound to make it better? There was always an element of melancholy involved in sex. After his indiscriminate adolescence he'd preferred sad women, delicate and breakable, women who'd been messed up and who needed him. He'd liked to comfort them, stroke them gently at first, reassure them. Make them happier, if only for a moment. Himself too, of course; that was the payoff. A grateful woman would go the extra mile. But these new women are neither lopsided nor sad: they're placid, like animated statues. They leave him chilled. ~ Margaret Atwood
8 Mile quotes by Margaret Atwood
No matter what office LBJ assumed he lifted greater than when he found it. ~ David Pietrusza
8 Mile quotes by David Pietrusza
I suppose I could walk back.The house isn't that far away."
He lifted a black brow at her. "You'd rather walk a mile than ask me to take you back?"
The answer was absolutely yes, but she wasn't going to embarrass them both by saying it. At least she had an excuse to avoid such close contact with him, which she really didn't think she could handle. Being this close to him was bad enough because it was reminding her about that kiss the other night ... ~ Johanna Lindsey
8 Mile quotes by Johanna Lindsey
There's very few people go the extra mile - so go the extra mile and give it all you've got. ~ Jim Leishman
8 Mile quotes by Jim Leishman
You ask your readers if they can account for every minute of their lives, every thought in their heads, and be proud of it. You ask them if they've never jaywalked.... never gone thirty-one miles per hour in a thirty-mile zone... if they've never sped up when they saw that yellow light. And when you find that single, sorry person who hasn't taken a misstep, that one person with the right to judge me, you tell him he's just as human as I am. That tomorrow, his world could turn upside down and he might find himself capable of actions he'd never believed possible... you tell him, he could have been me. ~ Jodi Picoult
8 Mile quotes by Jodi Picoult
As a sea level adapted human, I am more fearful about the radiation levels on top of high altitude mountains, mile high modern cities and inside jet aircraft than from nuclear reactors and bombs, as that is where I get the most radiation exposures in the modern world. ~ Steven Magee
8 Mile quotes by Steven Magee
A 10.7-mile bike ride past bogs, beaches ~ Anonymous
8 Mile quotes by Anonymous
A gentleman in those days consulted his heirs about tree planting. Should you plant a group of copper beeches against a group of white maples over against the ha-ha a quarter of a mile from the house so that the contrast seen from the ball-room windows should be agreeable - in thirty years' time? In those days thought, in families, went in periods of thirty years, owner gravely consulting heir who should see that development of light and shade that the owner never would. ~ Ford Madox Ford
8 Mile quotes by Ford Madox Ford
Twisting through the thorn-thick underbrush, scratched and exhausted, one turns suddenly to find an unexpected waterfall, not half a mile from the nearest road, a spot so hard to reach that no one comes a hiding place, a shrine for dragonflies and nesting jays, a sign that there is still one piece of property that won't be owned. ~ Dana Gioia
8 Mile quotes by Dana Gioia
Walk a mile in my shoes is good advice. Our children will learn to respect others if they are used to imagining themselves in another's place. ~ Neil Kurshan
8 Mile quotes by Neil Kurshan
11-His days in Shadbagh were numbered, like Shuja's. He knew this now. There was nothing left for him here. He had no home here. He would wait until winter passed and the spring thaw set in, and he would rise one morning before dawn and he would step out the door. He would choose a direction and he would begin to walk. He would walk as far from Shadbagh as his feet would take him. And if one day, trekking across some vast open field, despair should take hold of him, he would stop in his tracks and shut his eyes and he would think of the falcon feather Pari had found in the desert. He would picture the feather coming loose from the bird, up in the clouds, half a mile above the world, twirling and spinning in violent currents, hurled by gusts of blustering wind across miles and miles of desert and mountains, to finally land, of all places and against all odds, at the foot of that one boulder for his sister to find. It would strike him with wonder, then, and hope too, that such things happened, And though he would know better, he would take heart, and he would open his eyes, and walk. ~ Khaled Hosseini
8 Mile quotes by Khaled Hosseini
I remind myself, "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." (Cribbed from Voltaire.) A twenty-minute walk that I do is better than the four-mile run that I don't do. The imperfect book that gets published is better than the perfect book that never leaves my computer. The dinner party of take-out Chinese food is better than the elegant dinner that I never host. ~ Brene Brown
8 Mile quotes by Brene Brown
Somehow postwedding sex seemed completely new. Not to mention the fact that there were no nosy teenagers within a mile radius. We could be as loud as we wanted. We were tossed out of three hotels because of complaints from the other guests. ~ Molly Harper
8 Mile quotes by Molly Harper
Westmoreland recognized that the only way to seal South Vietnam's eight hundred-mile western border was to shut down the infiltration routes. ~ Robert D. Sander
8 Mile quotes by Robert D. Sander
Why did so many grown-ups want to be young, she wondered, when it took so long to grow old? It was like going on a million-mile road trip then wanting to turn around without getting out of the car. ~ Pseudonymous Bosch
8 Mile quotes by Pseudonymous Bosch
There's a metal train that a mile long and at the very back end a lightning bolt struck her. How long til it reaches and kills the driver, provided that he's a good conductor? ~ Bo Burnham
8 Mile quotes by Bo Burnham
There's one black-and-white who stands out because he's taller than the rest.
The Street protocol states that your avatar can't be any taller than you are.
This is to prevent people from walking around a mile high. Besides, if this
guy's using a pay terminal -- which he must be, to judge from the image quality
-- it can't jazz up his avatar. It just shows him the way he is, except not as
well. Talking to a black-and-white on the Street is like talking to a person
who has his face stuck in a xerox machine, repeatedly pounding the copy button,
while you stand by the output tray pulling the sheets out one at a time and
looking at them. ~ Neal Stephenson
8 Mile quotes by Neal Stephenson
We sought out and visited all the Indians hereabouts that we could meet with, in number about twenty. They were chiefly in one place, about a mile from where we lodged. ~ John Woolman
8 Mile quotes by John Woolman
Goddamn embarrassing what a civilian you've become, man. ~ Dennis Lehane
8 Mile quotes by Dennis Lehane
My father was a Catholic, a coal miner in the Big Pit. My mother a Jew. A charwoman, when she could find the work. They didn't fit in Wales. Nor in the U.K., either. They didn't fit with each other all that well, for that matter. They fought every day for as long as I can remember and loved each other more than anyone I've ever known. At least they did right up till a night when he looked right and not left at a train crossing in Chepstow and ended up half a mile from where he'd started, dead as the Ghost. Looking for a job, he was. Turned out he didn't need one. ~ Patrick Reinken
8 Mile quotes by Patrick Reinken
I would not sacrifice a single living mesquite tree for any book ever written. One square mile of living desert is worth a hundred 'great books' - and one brave deed is worth a thousand. ~ Edward Abbey
8 Mile quotes by Edward Abbey
Blackhawks Quotes «
» Night Light Quotes