7 Habits Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 7 Habits.

Quotes About 7 Habits

Enjoy collection of 64 7 Habits quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 7 Habits. Righ click to see and save pictures of 7 Habits quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Trust is the highest form of human motivation. ~ Stephen Covey
7 Habits quotes by Stephen Covey
Admission of ignorance is often the first step in our education. ~ Stephen R. Covey
7 Habits quotes by Stephen R. Covey
To Retain those who are present, be loyal to those who are absent. ~ Stephen R. Covey
Each of us guard a gate of change that can only be opened from the inside. ~ Stephen R. Covey
The ability to subordinate an impulse to a value is the essence of the proactive person. ~ Stephen R. Covey
At some time in your life, you probably had someone believe in you when you didn't believe in yourself. ~ Stephen R. Covey
Whether I fail or succeed shall be no man's doing but my own.
I am the force. ~ Elaine Maxwell
7 Habits quotes by Elaine Maxwell
Don't argue for other people's weaknesses. Don't argue for your own. When you make a mistake, admit it, correct it, and learn from it / immediately. ~ Stephen R. Covey
Some people say they have 20 years experience, when in reality, they have 1 year's experience repeated 20 times. (Stephen M R Covey to Richie Norton when Norton asked if he was too young to train older executives for Covey.) ~ Richie Norton
7 Habits quotes by Richie Norton
You can learn great things from your mistakes when you aren't busy denying them. Read The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. ~ John Spence
7 Habits quotes by John Spence
A personal mission statement is based on Habit Two of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People called "Begin with the End in Mind." In one's life, the most effective way to begin with the end in mind is to develop a mission statement, one that focuses on what you want to be in terms of character and what you want to do in reference to contributions and achievements. It is based upon self-chosen values and principles. Victor Hugo once said, "There is nothing as powerful as an idea whose time has come." A mission statement is that idea. You may call it a credo or a philosophy; or you may call it a purpose statement. It's not important what it is called. What is important is that vision, purpose, and values are more powerful, more significant, and more influential than the baggage of the past or the accumulated noise of the present. ~ Stephen R. Covey
Treat them all the same by treating them differently. ~ Stephen R. Covey
Even when the urgent is good, the good can keep you from your best, keep you from your unique contribution, if you let it. ~ Mother Teresa
7 Habits quotes by Mother Teresa
When the trust account is high, communication is easy, instant, and effective. ~ Stephen R. Covey
As you care less about what people think of you, you will care more about what others think of themselves. ~ Stephen R. Covey
Make small commitments and keep them. Be a light, not a judge. Be a model, not a critic. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem. ~ Stephen R. Covey
The idea that you are not good enough and that people will not like you is something that has been ingrained into your mind over many years. You have hundreds of experiences that you can call up as evidence of the fact that people will not like you -- and that things will not turn out well. These ideas are incredibly convincing. They compel us to hesitate, to shy away, and to avoid the situations -- and people -- that we find frightening. This sets up a reinforcing cycle, where we avoid reaching out, don't get good responses from others as a result, and then gain further evidence that we are not worthy.

In order to truly overcome your social anxiety at a deep, gut level, you must repeatedly take bold action. It is only through trying something new, and with a different perspective, that you learn to see the world and the people around you in a different light. ~ Aziz Gazipura
7 Habits quotes by Aziz Gazipura
Fortunately, the Canadian people in all their habits, are essentially a temperate people. ~ William Lyon Mackenzie King
7 Habits quotes by William Lyon Mackenzie King
Almost all education has a political motive: it aims at strengthening some group, national or religious or even social, in the competition with other groups. It is this motive, in the main, which determines the subjects taught, the knowledge offered and the knowledge withheld, and also decides what mental habits the pupils are expected to acquire. Hardly anything is done to foster the inward growth of mind and spirit; in fact, those who have had the most education are very often atrophied in their mental and spiritual life. ~ Bertrand Russell
7 Habits quotes by Bertrand Russell
Further, we have to ask if community is possible when, as noted earlier, social media is so based on self. 'For all the rhetoric about cyber-community, the internet is less a forum for shared public life than an area for individuals to express their egos and find information in tune with their personal needs and desires.'

Further, 'Instead of renewing community, these ever expanding cybernetic systems tend to band people together in like-minded or similarly interested groups. They equip us with new means of pursuing our own interests more than they nurture communities of diverse people who nevertheless seek shared lives and common ends.'

Schultze, Habits ~ Kyle Tennant
7 Habits quotes by Kyle Tennant
his character was dreadfully vicious, for that the possession of irresistible powers of seduction, rendered his licentious habits more dangerous to society. ~ John William Polidori
7 Habits quotes by John William Polidori
had had no communication by letter or message with the outer world: school-rules, school-duties, school-habits and notions, and voices, and faces, and phrases, and costumes, and preferences, and antipathies - such was what I knew of existence. ~ Charlotte Bronte
7 Habits quotes by Charlotte Bronte
Cleanliness is a habit that keeps the body, mind, and environment neat, clean, and delightful and free from dirt and toxic things. ~ Amit Ray
7 Habits quotes by Amit Ray
Toleration of people who differ in convictions and habits requires a residual awareness of the complexity of truth and the possibility of opposing view having some light on one or the other facet of a many-sided truth. ~ Reinhold Niebuhr
7 Habits quotes by Reinhold Niebuhr
There are fast chewers and slow chewers, long chewers and short chewers, right-chewing people and left-chewing people. Some of us chew straight up and down, and others chew side-to-side, like cows. Your oral processing habits are a physiological fingerprint. ~ Mary Roach
7 Habits quotes by Mary Roach
Old habits 'DIE' hard, they have to be 'KILLED'!
Yes...for once I would propogate some violence in dealing with habits that do not serve us...'Cold blooded murder of non serving habits' , 'merciless elimination of non serving habits'.. Substitute with newer,more powerful habits !!! ~ Abha Maryada Banerjee
7 Habits quotes by Abha Maryada Banerjee
As individuals, and as a society, we can choose to take responsibility for ourselves. In doing so we have to accept that sometimes when things go wrong, it is just an accident. In order to change how we lay blame, we're going to have to change our over-protective habits; children can only learn to take responsibility when given a chance to assess and mitigate risk for themselves. ~ Gever Tulley
7 Habits quotes by Gever Tulley
Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ~ Aristotle.
7 Habits quotes by Aristotle.
God operates in levels. First He changes your life to help you see opportunities, and you can't appreciate it. Then He sends you people that can help you, and you refuse to trust them. Then, He boosts your vitality, so that you might still be able to do something for yourself, but you conform to your lifestyle and habits. Then, He ignores you, until you realize, through your own suffering, that you've offended Him in all these ways. ~ Robin Sacredfire
7 Habits quotes by Robin Sacredfire
If you want to change your art, change your habits. ~ Clement Greenberg
7 Habits quotes by Clement Greenberg
The demands of the present must stand above the political habits of the past. ~ Matt Blunt
7 Habits quotes by Matt Blunt
A character for steadiness once gone is not easily recovered ~ Thomas Hughes
7 Habits quotes by Thomas Hughes
I don't always have the best eating habits. I like butter and ice cream. There are days when I should work out and I don't. But it's never too late to change old habits. ~ Florence Griffith Joyner
7 Habits quotes by Florence Griffith Joyner
Later, when I was a new mother, I recognized her somewhat awestruck fascination with me. When you are fully immersed in the daily care and quirks and habits of a small, dependent child, an older kid who is articulate, civilized, and capable of moving around in the world without getting itself killed can seem as supernatural as a wizard. ~ Kate Moses
7 Habits quotes by Kate Moses
Times of transition are strenuous, but I love them. They are an opportunity to purge, rethink priorities, and be intentional about new habits. We can make our new normal any way we want. ~ Kristin Armstrong
7 Habits quotes by Kristin Armstrong
Bad habits fill needs, so find good alternatives for them. ~ Martha Beck
7 Habits quotes by Martha Beck
With the greatest respect, we do not make the criminal law on the basis of opinion polls. A majority of 9:1 could be in favour of a ban in my constituency, but I would not regard that as conclusive, and I hope that we never would. If we start having opinion polls about all the unpleasant and distasteful habits and customs of some members of society, and suggesting that their findings should be made part of the criminal law, foxhunting would come way down the list, and quite a lot of strange enactments would have to go through the House. ~ Kenneth Clarke
7 Habits quotes by Kenneth Clarke
With constant repetition and reinforcement, new habits are easily formed. ~ Marshall Sylver
7 Habits quotes by Marshall Sylver
But a woman that depends on anti-anxiety medication and has a hundred nervous habits and never settles into her true self is not enjoying anything - I know this firsthand. ~ Tracy Bayle
7 Habits quotes by Tracy Bayle
Habit is habit, and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed down-stairs one step at a time. ~ Mark Twain
7 Habits quotes by Mark Twain
Think of excess fat as a collection of bad habits. Lose the fat-promoting habits, and you will lose the excess fat. ~ Stan Spencer
7 Habits quotes by Stan Spencer
we learn the emotional habits that can undermine our best intentions, as well as what we can do to subdue our more destructive or self-defeating emotional impulses. Most important, the neurological data suggest a window of opportunity for shaping our children's emotional habits. ~ Daniel Goleman
7 Habits quotes by Daniel Goleman
You are the writer, producer, and director of your own mind programs. ~ Elizabeth Bohorquez
7 Habits quotes by Elizabeth Bohorquez
I don't ask writers about their work habits. I really don't care. Joyce Carol Oates says somewhere that when writers ask each other what time they start working and when they finish and how much time they take for lunch, they're actually trying to find out, "Is he as crazy as I am?" I don't need that question answered. ~ Philip Roth
7 Habits quotes by Philip Roth
Diversity… is not polite accommodation. Instead, diversity is, in action, the sometimes painful awareness that other people, other races, other voices, other habits of mind, have as much integrity of being, as much claim on the world as you do. ~ William Chase
7 Habits quotes by William Chase
This is a good time to remember that when we harden our heart against anyone, we hurt ourselves. The fear habit, the anger habit, the self-pity habit - all are strengthened and empowered when we continue to buy into them. The most compassionate thing we can do is to interrupt these habits. Instead of always pulling back and putting up walls, we can do something unpredictable and make a compassionate aspiration. We can visualize this difficult person's face and say his name if it helps us. Then we say the words: "May this person who irritates me be free of suffering and the roots of suffering." By doing this, we start to dissolve our fear. ~ Pema Chodron
7 Habits quotes by Pema Chodron
Many people decide to improve their habits, they don't begin by looking where their keys are; they begin by looking in an easy spot. ~ Gretchen Rubin
7 Habits quotes by Gretchen Rubin
It's just like magic. When you live by yourself, all of your annoying habits are gone. ~ Merrill Markoe
7 Habits quotes by Merrill Markoe
We do not develop habits of genuine love automatically. We learn by watching effective role models - most specifically by observing how our parents express love for each other day in and day out. ~ Josh McDowell
7 Habits quotes by Josh McDowell
Change isn't always easy, but with purposeful practice, any old habit can be replaced with a way of being we would recommend to those we love. ~ Bill Crawford
7 Habits quotes by Bill Crawford
Finding the occasional straw of truth awash in a great ocean of confusion and bamboozle requires intelligence, vigilance, dedication, and courage. But if we don't practice these tough habits of thought, we cannot hope to solve the truly serious problems that face us
and we risk becoming a nation of suckers, up for grabs by the next charlatan who comes along. ~ Carl Sagan
7 Habits quotes by Carl Sagan
As every blossom fades
and all youth sinks into old age,
so every life's design, each flower of wisdom,
attains its prime and cannot last forever.
The heart must submit itself courageously
to life's call without a hint of grief,
A magic dwells in each beginning,
protecting us, telling us how to live.

High purposed we shall traverse realm on realm,
cleaving to none as to a home,
the world of spirit wishes not to fetter us
but raise us higher, step by step.
Scarce in some safe accustomed sphere of life
have we establish a house, then we grow lax;
only he who is ready to journey forth
can throw old habits off.

Maybe death's hour too will send us out new-born
towards undreamed-lands,
maybe life's call to us will never find an end
Courage my heart, take leave and fare thee well. ~ Hermann Hesse
7 Habits quotes by Hermann Hesse
So often we are too lazy or too distracted to see with care. Images come into our retinas, and our minds have already interpreted them. We do not see without our biases, our habits of life and thought. ~ Gunilla Brodde Norris
7 Habits quotes by Gunilla Brodde Norris
I never drove a car in my life. Given my drinking habits in those days, I would have been dead a long time ago - stumbling out of a bar at 4 a.m. and getting into a car. ~ Carl Andre
7 Habits quotes by Carl Andre
Rescuers tended to be decisive, fast-thinking, risk-taking, independent, adventurous, openhearted, rebellious, and unusually flexible - able to switch plans, abandon habits, or change ingrained routines at a moment's notice. They tended to be nonconformists, and though many rescuers held solemn principles worth dying for, they didn't regard themselves as heroic. ~ Diane Ackerman
7 Habits quotes by Diane Ackerman
Our present thinking, our mental habits, our attitudes towards past experiences, and our attitudes towards the future - all have an influence upon old recorded [neuronal] engrams. The old can be changed, modified, replaced, by our present thinking. ~ Maxwell Maltz
7 Habits quotes by Maxwell Maltz
In order to improve our life for good always remember that regardless of what anyone else says and does, we are ultimately responsible for our own actions. This is the only way to experience victory, joy, and satisfaction every day of our lives. ~ Donald Pillai
7 Habits quotes by Donald Pillai
The habits that took years to build, do not take a day to change. ~ Susan Powter
7 Habits quotes by Susan Powter
I'm a big believer in starting with high standards and raising them. We make progress only when we push ourselves to the highest level. If we don't progress, we backslide into bad habits, laziness and poor attitude. ~ Dan Gable
7 Habits quotes by Dan Gable
A perfect man would never act from a sense of duty; he'd always want the right thing more than the wrong one. Duty is only a substitute for love (of God and of other people) like a crutch which is a substitute for a leg. Most of us need the crutch at times; but of course it is idiotic to use the crutch when our own legs (our own loves, tastes, habits etc.) can do the journey on their own. ~ C.S. Lewis
7 Habits quotes by C.S. Lewis
Habits are one of the ways the brain learns complex behaviors. Neuroscientists believe habits give us the ability to focus our attention on other things by storing automatic responses in the basal ganglia, an area of the brain associated with involuntary actions. ~ Nir Eyal
7 Habits quotes by Nir Eyal
Redemption is as comprehensive as Creation and Fall. God does not save our souls while leaving our minds to function on their own. He redeems the whole person. Conversion is meant to give new direction to our thoughts, emotions, wills and habits. ~ Nancy Pearcey
7 Habits quotes by Nancy Pearcey
If any occupation or association is found to hinder our communion with God or our enjoyment of spiritual things, then it must be abandoned. Anything in my habits or ways which mars happy fellowship with the brethren or robs me of power in service, is to be unsparingly judged and made an end of-'burned.' Whatever I cannot do for God's glory must be avoided. ~ Arthur W. Pink
7 Habits quotes by Arthur W. Pink
If we find poetry in the service station and motel, if we are drawn to the airport or train carriage, it is perhaps because, in spite of their architectural compromises and discomforts, in spite of their garish colours and harsh lighting, we implicitly feel that these isolated places offer us a material setting for an alternative to the selfish ease, the habits and confinement of the ordinary, rooted world. ~ Alain De Botton
7 Habits quotes by Alain De Botton
My Most Excellent Year Quotes «
» Consulting Quotes