6500 Steps Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 6500 Steps.

Quotes About 6500 Steps

Enjoy collection of 49 6500 Steps quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 6500 Steps. Righ click to see and save pictures of 6500 Steps quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

She took two more steps forward. "Tristan!" she cried out loud. "Are you there?"
She walked to the edge of the board and stood with her toes at the very edge. "Tristan, where are you?" Her voice echoed back from the concrete walls. "I love you!" she cried. "I love you! ~ Elizabeth Chandler
6500 Steps quotes by Elizabeth Chandler
I know vaudeville isn't supposed to be art. It's supposed to be entertainment, which is different. But I think art ... I think it's making something from nothing, basically. It's taking something as simple as movement, or a few notes, or steps, or words, and putting them all together so that they're bigger than what they ever could have been separate. They're transformed. And just witnessing that transformation changes you. It reaches into your insides and moves things around. It's magic, of a sort.
I never really knew that until I saw your act. But when you walked out on that stage, I knew I was seeing something ... different. Something maybe more amazing than what the professor and Silenus had done. You were making something up there, out of just the simplest elements possible, and seeing it changed something in me. I'd never encountered anything like that. ~ Robert Jackson Bennett
6500 Steps quotes by Robert Jackson Bennett
Ana, there's a package for you. Kate is standing on the steps up to the front door holding a brown paper parcel. Odd. I haven't ordered anything from Amazon recently. ~ E.L. James
6500 Steps quotes by E.L. James
Who knows CPR?" asks the one who grabbed Hodges. A roadie with a long graying ponytail steps forward. He's wearing a faded Judas Coyne tee-shirt, and his eyes are bright red. "I do, but man, I'm so stoned." "Try ~ Stephen King
6500 Steps quotes by Stephen King
Our loving Heavenly Father wants us to become more like him. God understands that we get there not in an instant, but by taking one step at a time. ~ Dieter F. Uchtdorf
6500 Steps quotes by Dieter F. Uchtdorf
They wanted genuine intimacy, but they could not get even normally near to anyone, because they scorned to take the first steps, they scorned the triviality which forms common human intercourse. ~ D.H. Lawrence
6500 Steps quotes by D.H. Lawrence
Upon the time of death, when you leave your body and look back at your memories, it might come as a big surprise to you to see that you have spent an entire lifetime behaving according to what others expected from you, that is, doing what they expected you to do according to your exterior appearance to them, and based on which they formed their entire conclusions regarding who you are. When that moment comes, you will regret wasting an entire lifetime living in total darkness about your true self. That is when you will wish to be reborn again. And then you will forget your regrets and repeat your previous steps. And you will reborn again, and again, and again, until the world you live in, is uplifted enough to help you go through life in a good way. Ironically, that cannot be achieved until the world becomes what you wish it to be, until others are better than you. And so, it is paradoxically comic to realize that you will never become better than those that surround you, and it is up to you to help them help you. ~ Robin Sacredfire
6500 Steps quotes by Robin Sacredfire
Step with care and great tact, and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act. ~ Dr. Seuss
6500 Steps quotes by Dr. Seuss
It is alarming ... to see Mr Gandhi, a seditious Middle Temple lawyer, now posing as a fakir of a type well-known in the East, striding half-naked up the steps of the Vice-regal Palace while he is still organising and conducting a campaign of civil disobedience. ~ Winston Churchill
6500 Steps quotes by Winston Churchill
The boy went back to his family there, in the distance, in a distance he did not find there in the distance. My grandfather died counting sunsets, seasons, and heartbeats on the fingers of his withered hands. He dropped like a fruit forbidden a branch to lean its age against. They destroyed his heart. He wearied of waiting here, in Damur. He said goodbye to friends, water pipe, and children and took me and went back to find what was no longer his to find there. Here the number of aliens increased, and refugee camps got bigger. A war went by, then two, three, and four. The homeland got farther and farther away, and the children got farther and farther from mother's milk after they had tasted the milk of UNRWA. So they bought guns to get closer to a homeland flying out of their reach. They brought their identity back into being, re-created the homeland, and followed their path, only to have it blocked by the guardians of civil wars. They defended their steps, but then path parted from path, the orphan lived in the skin of the orphan, and one refugee camp went into another. ~ Mahmoud Darwish
6500 Steps quotes by Mahmoud Darwish
So when bad things are happening to you, embrace the funk. That, too, is cultivating positive outlook. When something is hard or difficult and adversity is at your front door, embrace it, because it will make you stronger and your life richer. You can't know happiness unless you feel sadness. If you embrace it as part of the process, it can be life-altering. Life is going to get you down and the funk is going to get you. Embrace it and fight through it and know you are not alone. Take baby steps, remember all the slight edge allies you have, and know that there is a path out of the funk. ~ Jeff Olson
6500 Steps quotes by Jeff Olson
What are you waiting for? How long will you keep waiting? Don't sit back and wait for life to happen to you. Have a plan and take the needed steps to create what you want. ~ Steve Maraboli
6500 Steps quotes by Steve Maraboli
You're not just going out there, maybe sacrificing your own life. There's also sacrifices still going on at home. You can serve in the military and have a good marriage, but you just need to be aware of it so you can take those steps to take care of it. ~ Chris Kyle
6500 Steps quotes by Chris Kyle
May I suggest a starting place as truth receivers? It is okay for someone else to struggle. Furthermore, it is okay to not fix it/solve it/answer it/discredit it. Another believer can experience tension, say something true that makes people uncomfortable, and God will not fall off His throne. It is not our responsibility to fix every mess. If someone steps onto the scary ledge of truth, it is enough to acknowledge her courage and make this promise: I am here with you as your friend, not your Savior. We are not good gods over one ~ Jen Hatmaker
6500 Steps quotes by Jen Hatmaker
When you allow yourself to be unpredictable, you step from the known into the unknown, where anything is possible ~ Deepak Chopra
6500 Steps quotes by Deepak Chopra
I need those nukes, the chief said. I need them, I need them right now.
I don't want to be an enabler, sir. I'd rather get you into a twelve step program to help you break this addiction. ~ Dean Koontz
6500 Steps quotes by Dean Koontz
There is no retracing our steps. ~ Horace
6500 Steps quotes by Horace
They parked in a pay-bay on George Square and walked through the gardens, emerging in front of the university library. Most of the buildings here had gone up in the 1960s, and Rebus hated them: blocks of sand-colored concrete replacing the square's original eighteenth-century town houses. Rows of treacherous steps, and a notorious wind-tunnel effect which could blow over the unwary on the wrong day. Students walked between the buildings, hugging books and folders in front of them. Some stood and chatted in groups.
"Bloody students," was Wylie's concise summing-up of the situation. ~ Ian Rankin
6500 Steps quotes by Ian Rankin
I have much to think on." Tadhg gave him a sideways glance. "I could be using some wisdom."
Sean looked skyward before facing his friend. "Yea, Tadhg I will pray that ye receive wisdom." He took a few steps away, heading back to the house, and added in a loud voice without looking back. "And a set of balls."
Tadhg smiled. The man was the fiercest warrior in the clan. He had always been sorely infatuated with Brighit. ~ Ashley York
6500 Steps quotes by Ashley York
Contrary to popular cable TV-induced opinion, aerobics have nothing to do with squeezing our body into hideous shiny Spandex, grinning like a deranged orangutan, and doing cretinous steps to debauched disco music. ~ Cynthia Heimel
6500 Steps quotes by Cynthia Heimel
We are heirs of the ages because throughout the ages mankind has devised and fashioned new things, and step by step added new conquests to our domain in that incessant contest with nature which means life. But we are decadent heirs if we cannot use the instruments that the ages have put into our hands. The acquisition of these, in the largest scope, is education. ~ Arthur Lynch
6500 Steps quotes by Arthur Lynch
I could walk forever with beauty. Our steps are not measured in miles but in the amount of time we are pulled forward by awe. This is another gift from our national parks, to be led by the vistas, to forget what nags us at home and remember what sustains us, the horizon. ~ Terry Tempest Williams
6500 Steps quotes by Terry Tempest Williams
Don't be afraid to step out and trust God. He is more faithful than the rising of the sun. ~ Kari Jobe
6500 Steps quotes by Kari Jobe
I walked slowly back home, breathing deeply and taking in all the sights and sounds of a private country club golf course: the beeping of a distant golf cart driving in reverse, the barking of the bird dogs Dr. Burris took hunting with him every fall and winter, millions of tiny birds in triumphant song. It was the closest thing to the country that I'd known until now.
And my thoughts turned to Marlboro Man.
I was thinking of him when I walked back into the house, imagining his gorgeous voice in my ear when I heard the phone ringing in my room. I ran up the stairs, skipping three steps at a time, and answered the phone, breathless.
"Hello?" I gasped.
"Hey there," Marlboro Man said. "What are you doing?"
"Oh, I just went for a run on the golf course," I answered. As if I did it every day.
"Well, I just want you to know I'm coming to get you at five," he said. "I'm having Ree withdrawals."
"You mean since midnight, when we last saw each other?" I joked. Actually, I knew exactly what he meant.
"Yeah," he said. "That's way, way too long, and I'm not gonna put up with it anymore." I loved it when he took charge.
"Okay, then--fine," I said, surrendering. "I don't want to argue. I'll see you at five. ~ Ree Drummond
6500 Steps quotes by Ree Drummond
There are two steps to achieving your dreams. Believe you can do anything you put your mind to. Put your mind to it. ~ Avina Celeste
6500 Steps quotes by Avina Celeste
Speaking of cold...
I shiver. "Has the temperature dropped, or is it just me?"
"Here." Etienne unwraps the black scarf that had been tied loosely around his neck,and hands it to me. I take it, gently, and wrap it around mine. It makes me dizzy.It smells like freshly scrubbed boy. It smells like him.
"Your hair looks nice," he says. "You bleached it again.
I touch the stripe self-consciously. "Mom helped me."
"That breeze is wicked,I'm going for coffee." Josh snaps his sketchbook closed. I'd forgotten he was here again. "You coming?"
Etienne looks at me, waiting to see how I answer.
Coffee! I'm dying for a real cup. I smile at Josh. "Sounds perfect."
And then I'm heading down the steps of the Pantheon, cool and white and glittering, in the most beautiful city in the world. I'm with two attractive, intelligent,funny boys and I'm grinning ear to ear. If Bridgette could see me now.
I mean,who needs Christopher when Etienne St. Clair is in the world?
But as soon as I think of Toph, I get that same stomach churching I always do when I think about him now.Shame that I ever thought he might wait. That I wasted so much time on him. Ahead of mine,Etienne laughs at something Josh said. And the sound sends me spiraling into panic as the information hits me again and again and again.
What am I going to do? I'm in love with my new best friend. ~ Stephanie Perkins
6500 Steps quotes by Stephanie Perkins
The Incarnation is not about a God who steps in for a while to rescue a few souls from a godless world. It is a cosmic work of God in history that impacts the whole of creation for all time. Its particularity has consequences that are universal and eternal. ~ Philip North
6500 Steps quotes by Philip North
The realisation that there is no reason to expect justice is what ensure to take steps to impose justice and the realisation that good isn't always rewarded is what drives us to reward it when we see it. The realisation that evil isn't always punished is what drives us to work together as a co-operative society to deal with our problems collectively and individually in a way that encourages real change and that hopefully minimises harmful actions. ~ Matt
6500 Steps quotes by Matt
It is difficult for Europeans to appreciate the sentiment. Other nations kill animals by wholesale and kill one another; they exist in a sea of blood. A European said that the reason why in India animals were not killed was because it was supposed that they contained the spirits of ancestors. This reason was worthy of a savage nation who are not many steps from the brute. ~ Swami Vivekananda
6500 Steps quotes by Swami Vivekananda
Any man knows when he is justified, and all the wits in the world cannot enlighten him on that point. The murderer always knows that he is justly punished; but when a government takes the life of a man without the consent of his conscience, it is an audacious government, and is taking a step towards its own dissolution. ~ Henry David Thoreau
6500 Steps quotes by Henry David Thoreau
Intuition is a capacity of our heart. Our heart is the door to allowing Existence to guide us, instead of being directed by our ideas, desires and expectations. Since the days of Aristotle's, we have been taught that logic is the only way to reach a solution. But while logic works in a step-by-step-process to reach a solution, intuition simply takes a quantum leap to a solution without any intermediate steps. ~ Swami Dhyan Giten
6500 Steps quotes by Swami Dhyan Giten
Good pain is pain in the service of a purpose. Bad pain is pain endured because we are resisting a needed growth step. ~ Henry Cloud
6500 Steps quotes by Henry Cloud
I always had an idea for what I wanted to do in the future and throughout my career. This wasn't, like, me figuring out what to do after Idol. I've always known the steps in what I had to do to get where I was. ~ Jessica Sanchez
6500 Steps quotes by Jessica Sanchez
He left the building, fury propelling his steps, and got into his car. Feeling the way he did just then, Ian realized he shouldn't be driving, but he wasn't about to sit outside this apartment. Not when Cecilia might think he sat there pining for her. He revved the engine and threw the transmission into drive. The tires squealed as he sped off, burning rubber. He hadn't gone more than a quarter mile when he saw the red-and-blue lights of a sheriff's car flashing behind him. ~ Debbie Macomber
6500 Steps quotes by Debbie Macomber
Think of every step in a workout as a step in the right direction. ~ Valerie Bertinelli
6500 Steps quotes by Valerie Bertinelli
As soon as I turned toward the steps, my vision filled with the magnificence of the large oak tree. And there, rocking from its branch, was the swing. ~ Rebecca Donovan
6500 Steps quotes by Rebecca Donovan
The Witness is a huge step forward, and it is a necessary and important step in meditation, but it is not ultimate. When the Witness or the soul is finally undone, then the Witness dissolves into everything that is witnessed. The subject/object duality collapses and there is only pure nondual awareness, which is very simple, very obvious. ~ Ken Wilber
6500 Steps quotes by Ken Wilber
The last man on the moon, Gene Cernan, had paused for a final look at the black beauty of the world about him. He had a message to send home before departing. "As I take these last steps from the surface for some time in the future to come, I'd just like to record that America's challenge of today has forged man's destiny of tomorrow. And as we leave the moon and Taurus-Littrow, we leave as we came, and, God willing, we shall return, with peace and hope for all mankind." It's been nearly four decades since he spoke those words. No American, no earth being has yet returned to the moon. Sadly, no one will again for decades to come. ~ Alan Shepard
6500 Steps quotes by Alan Shepard
If I feel like I am about to explode, I take a minute to evaluate what it is that I have on my plate, make a to-do list, and start tackling what I need to do, one step at a time. ~ Chelsea Krost
6500 Steps quotes by Chelsea Krost
Virtually every company will be going out and empowering their workers with a certain set of tools, and the big difference in how much value is received from that will be how much the company steps back and really thinks through their business processes, thinking through how their business can change, how their project management, their customer feedback, their planning cycles can be quite different than they ever were before. ~ Bill Gates
6500 Steps quotes by Bill Gates
Julie marched over to Matt. She stood in front of him and crossed her arms. "Lift up your sweatshirt."
Matt rolled his eyes. "God, you really know how to turn a guy on."
Julie didn't budge. "If I was trying to turn you on, I could do better than that. Now, lift up your sweatshirt."
Matt looked up at her and tried to look serious. "Julie, I'm completely offended that you have so little faith in my honesty. I thought at this point in our friendship that you would at least - "
"Get up." Julie leaned over and shut his laptop. "Get up!" she said again.
"You're being ridiculous," Matt said laughing, but he stood up. "I trust you implicitly, and it wouldn't kill you to show me the same respect."
"Show me!"
Matt sidestepped the chair and took a few steps backward. "You have quite the attitude today. Suspicious and mean."
Julie took a step forward, causing Matt to continue backing away. "Lift up your shirt."
"Look, I appreciate an aggressive woman, but this is really getting weird."
Julie grabbed his sweatshirt by the waist cuff and lifted it up with one hand, as she pulled down his T-shirt with the other. Matt put his hands over hers, lightly protesting, but she refused to let go. "Aha!" She squinted at his shirt.
"OK, I don't even know what this is, but it's definitely geeky. ~ Jessica Park
6500 Steps quotes by Jessica Park
If you dare to injure her in the least, I will await you where no policeman can step in between. And God shall judge between us two. ~ Elizabeth Gaskell
6500 Steps quotes by Elizabeth Gaskell
Doom scenarios, even though they might be true, are not politically or psychologically effective. The first step ... is to make us love the world rather than to make us fear for the end of the world. ~ Gary Snyder
6500 Steps quotes by Gary Snyder
In practical matters the end is not mere speculative knowledge of what is to be done, but rather the doing of it. It is not enough to know about Virtue, then, but we must endeavor to possess it, and to use it, or to take any other steps that may make. ~ Aristotle.
6500 Steps quotes by Aristotle.
Venice was always one step removed from what was going on. If you were in Turin or in Milan or one of the industrial centers, you would have had a much more active political constituency. Venice essentially lived for itself. ~ Joseph Kanon
6500 Steps quotes by Joseph Kanon
If we have not struggled/as hard as we can/at our strongest/how will we sense/the shape of our losses/or know what sustains/us longest or name/what change costs us,/saying how strange/it is that one sector/of the self can step in/for another in trouble,/how loss activates/a latent double, how/we can feed/as upon nectar/upon need? ~ Kay Ryan
6500 Steps quotes by Kay Ryan
It's difficult to change overnight but if you are persistent and take one step at a time you will see results! ~ Jack LaLanne
6500 Steps quotes by Jack LaLanne
Your pretended fear lest error should step in, is like the man that would keep all the wine out of the country lest men should be drunk. It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy, to deny a man the liberty he hath by nature upon a supposition that he may abuse it. ~ Oliver Cromwell
6500 Steps quotes by Oliver Cromwell
Ah, what a warning for a thoughtless man, Could field or grove, could any spot of earth, Show to his eye an image of the pangs Which it hath witnessed,-render back an echo Of the sad steps by which it hath been trod! ~ William Wordsworth
6500 Steps quotes by William Wordsworth
Kicking A Man When Hes Down Quotes «
» Tamica Smith Quotes