65 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 65.

Quotes About 65

Enjoy collection of 100 65 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 65. Righ click to see and save pictures of 65 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Age is the biggest risk factor for many diseases. You're 100 times more likely to get a tumor at age 65 than age 35. It makes a huge difference. It gives a whole new meaning to preventive medicine. ~ Cynthia Kenyon
65 quotes by Cynthia Kenyon
Once I realized that Australia's top highway speed of 110 kilometers per hour was the same as going 65 in the U.S., all my hardened American enthusiasm for speed went limp until it felt like the car was hardly moving at all. Even worse, most stretches of the highway are restricted to 60 kilometers per hour, which is how fast Americans go when we're, like, passing a stopped school bus disembarking small children, or driving through a herd of puppies in the road. ~ Elle Lothlorien
65 quotes by Elle Lothlorien
The current situation of the earthquake, tsunami and the nuclear plants is in a way the most severe crisis in the 65 years since World War II. ~ Naoto Kan
65 quotes by Naoto Kan
The first thing I did when I was forty years old, I put handcuffs on and I jumped off Alcatraz prison and swam to San Francisco handcuffed. That made national publicity. Then, there were three or four years where I would do more difficult feats. Another birthday I towed a thousand pound boat across the Golden Gate. On my 65th Birthday I towed 65 boats a mile and a half in Tokyo. On my 70th Birthday I towed 70 boats with 70 people in it with my feet and hands tied a mile and a half in Long Beach ... My next Birthday I will be 93. I'm gonna tow my wife across the bathtub. ~ Jack LaLanne
65 quotes by Jack LaLanne
When older people ask me, "How have you been so successful after age 65?" I tell them, "Anyone who's reached 65 years of age has had a world of experience behind him. He's had his ups and downs and all the trials and tribulations of life. He certainly ought to be able to gather something out of that, something he can put together at the end of his 65 years so he can get a new start." The way I see it, a man's life is written by the way he lives it. It's using any talent God has given him, even if his talent is cooking food or running a good motel.

You can reach higher, think bigger, grow stronger and live deeper in this country of ours than anywhere else on Earth. The rules here give everybody a chance to win. If my story is different, it's because my life really began at age 65 when most folks have already called it a day.

I'd been modestly successful before I hit 65. After that I made millions. When they're about 60 or 65, a lot of people feel that life is all over for them. Too many of them just sit and wait until they die or they become a burden to other people. The truth is they can make a brand new life for themselves if they just don't give up and hunker down.

I want to tell people, "You're only as old as you feel or as you think, and no matter what your age there's plenty of work to be done." I don't want to sound like I'm clearing my throat and giving advice about how a man can be successful. I'm not all puffed up. My main trade secr ~ Harland Sanders
65 quotes by Harland Sanders
If you compare the number of children who are diagnosed as autistic64 to the frequency with which the term autism has been used in American newspapers,65 you'll find that there is an almost perfect one-to-one correspondence (figure 7-4), with both having increased markedly in recent years. ~ Nate Silver
65 quotes by Nate Silver
Meanwhile, the reality is that living longer in our ever-more-unequal society is very much a class thing: life expectancy at age 65 has risen a lot among the affluent, but hardly at all in the bottom half of the wage distribution, that is, among those who need Social Security most. ~ Anonymous
65 quotes by Anonymous
A recent canvass of professional philosophers found the percentage of respondents who "accept or leans toward" various positions. On normative ethics, the results were deontology 25.9%; consequentialism 23.6%; virtue ethics 18.2%. On metaethics, results were moral realism 56.4%; moral anti-realism 27.7%. On moral judgment: cognitivism 65.7%; non-cognitivism 17.0% (Bourget and Chalmers 2009). ~ Nick Bostrom
65 quotes by Nick Bostrom
What about you, Snipes?" Dunbar asked. "You think there to be mountain lions up here or is it just folks' imaginings?"

Snipes pondered the question a few moments before speaking.

They's many a man of science would claim there aint because you got no irredeemable evidence like panther scat or fur or tooth or tail. In other words, some part of the animal in questions. Or better yet having the actual critter itself, the whole think kit and caboodle head to tail, which all your men of science argue is the best proof of all a thing exists, whether it be a panther, or a bird, or even a dinosaur."

To put it another way, if you was to stub your toe and tell the man of science what happened he'd not believe a word of it less he could see how it'd stoved up or was bleeding. But your philosophers and theologians and such say there's things in the world that's every bit as real even though you can't see them."

Like what?" Dunbar asked.

Well," Snipes said. "They's love, that's one. And courage. You can't see neither of them, but they're real. And air, of course. That's one of your most important examples. You wouldn't be alive a minute if there wasn't air, but nobody's ever seen a single speck of it."

… "All I'm saying is there is a lot more to this old world than meets the eye."

… "And darkness. You can't see it no more than you can see air, but when its all around you sure enough know it." (Serena, 65-66) ~ Ron Rash
65 quotes by Ron Rash
I don't want the 35-year-olds in my audience to think of me as as 'pops' giving the kind of advice that only 65-year-olds can understand. ~ Tom Peters
65 quotes by Tom Peters
Most people die at age 25 and are buried at age 65. ~ Myles Munroe
65 quotes by Myles Munroe
About 65 percent of Republicans believe that Donald Trump is not the best candidate to go head to head with Hillary Clinton. ~ Ted Cruz
65 quotes by Ted Cruz
One thing that's been a great, uplifting experience through all this is, since the first "Pirates" [movie], the people who've gone to see the films, the audience members. You meet people on the street - whether they're 5, 25, 65 or 85 - they've all had the same experience, and they've all enjoyed it. So that's what keeps me moving forward in this crazy process. ~ Johnny Depp
65 quotes by Johnny Depp
Mek sat in the cab, doing some self-maintenance work. Instead of a verbal reply, I got a text message: SYLVATRONICS INDUSTRIAL UNIT A023 PROCESSING AN REINTEGRATION WILL BE COMPLETE IN 57 SECONDS. VERBAL COMMUNICATIONS WILL BE POSSIBLE IN ABOUT 65 SECONDS.

Oh well, I've caught rookie driving partners in the middle of all sorts of things. At least with robots you don't have to guess. ~ Paul Carlson
65 quotes by Paul Carlson
I love full on, like 65 mph in a handicapped parking spot. ~ Dark Jar Tin Zoo
65 quotes by Dark Jar Tin Zoo
My mother at the age of 65 decided she was going to run for mayor. She had never run for public office, and she decided she wanted to try and do some things for the community. ~ Sylvia Mathews Burwell
65 quotes by Sylvia Mathews Burwell
If there are many choices of 3.4 billion women/men in this world (2010 statistic: 65% from overall population or 2,2 billion are 15-64 years old women/men) , why should be narrowed with only view to the same beliefs ? ~ CG9sYXJhZGl0aWE=
65 quotes by CG9sYXJhZGl0aWE=
Gawande reports that research has shown that patients commonly prefer to have others make their decisions for them. Though as many as 65 percent of people surveyed say that if they were to get cancer, they would want to choose their own treatment, in fact, among people who do get ~ Barry Schwartz
65 quotes by Barry Schwartz
I think I came across Cecil Taylor a bit later, in 65 or 66. That really impressed me - Cecil Taylor is an amazing character ... Both his music and the way he approaches the instrument are astonishing. ~ Luc Ferrari
65 quotes by Luc Ferrari
Technology has a great advantage in that we are capable of creating dinosaurs and show them on the screen even though they are extinct 65 million years. All of a sudden, we have a fantastic tool that is as good as dreams are. ~ Werner Herzog
65 quotes by Werner Herzog
The first things I did when I got out of school in '65 was to buy a pair of Levis and pierce my ears. ~ Mink Stole
65 quotes by Mink Stole
After my parents were dead, I found in a box and in two chests of drawers nothing but hundreds of bright red Alpine caps, I said, nothing but bright red Alpine stockings. Every one of them knitted by my mother. My parents could have gone into the High Alps with these bright red caps and bright red stockings for thousands of years. I burnt every one of those bright red caps and bright red stockings, I said. I put on one of my mother's hundreds of bright red Alpine caps and in this costume burnt all the others, laughing, laughing, continuously laughing, I said.
(Goethe Dies, p.65) ~ Thomas Bernhard
65 quotes by Thomas Bernhard
Those reporters, writers, photographers, and editors are the best Americans I know. They cherish the ideals of their imperfect profession and of the Republic whose freedoms, equally imperfect in practice have so often made those ideals real. They want desperately to do good, honorable work. In spite of long hours and low pay, they are insistently professional. They are also brave.

I can't ever forget that in Indochina 65 journalists were killed in the course of recording the truth about that war. . . .Reporters and photographers did not stop dying when Vietnam was over. They have been killed in Lebanon and Nicaragua, in Bosnia and Peru, and in a lot of other places where hard rain falls.

I can't believe that these good men and women died for nothing. I know they didn't. They died because they were the people chosen by the tribe to carry the torch to the back of the cave and tell the others what is there in the darkness. They died because they were serious about the craft they practiced. They died because they believed in the fundamental social need for what they did with a pen, a notebook, a typewriter, or a camera. They didn't die to increase profits for the stockholders. They didn't die to obtain an invitation to some White House dinner for a social-climbing publisher. They died for us.

As readers or journalists, we honor them when we remember that their dying was not part of a plan to make the world cheaper, baser, or dumber. They died to ~ Pete Hamill
65 quotes by Pete Hamill
America experienced its first oil shock. Within days of the cutoff, oil prices rose from $2.90 to $11.65 a barrel; gasoline prices soared from 20 cents to $1.20 a gallon, an all-time high. Across America, fuel shortages forced factories to close early and airlines to cancel flights. Filling stations posted signs: 'Sorry, No Gas Today.' If a station did have gasoline, motorists lined up before sunrise to buy a few gallons; owners limited the amount sold to each customer. Motorists grew impatient. Fistfights broke out, and occasionally, gunfire. President Nixon called for America to end its dependence on foreign oil. 'Let us set as our national goal ... that by the end of this decade we will have developed the potential to meet our own energy needs without depending on any foreign energy source,' he said. We have still not met this goal. ~ Albert Marrin
65 quotes by Albert Marrin
In a series of three studies, the offenders who claimed they were abused as a child were 67 percent, 65 percent, and 61 percent without the threat of a polygraph. With polygraph (and conditional immunity), the offenders who claimed they were abused as children were 29 percent, 32 percent, and 30 percent, respectively. The polygraph groups reported approximately half the amount of victimization as children as the nonpolygraph groups did.
Nonetheless, the notion that most offenders were victims has spread throughout the field of sexual abuse and is strangely comforting for most professionals. ~ Anna C. Salter
65 quotes by Anna C. Salter
Donald Trump comes closer than anyone else to being the archetype of the species; crossing genres, he exemplifies all the ways an asshole can capture our attention. (164-65) ~ Geoffrey Nunberg
65 quotes by Geoffrey Nunberg
The Clinton administration brought 65 cases from 1995 to 2000 before the World Trade Organization. The Bush administration has brought twelve. Twelve cases. They haven't even been able to stand up for our jobs. ~ Jennifer Granholm
65 quotes by Jennifer Granholm
People are being really picky about the upcoming election. I read that Americans do not want the next president to be a first-term senator, be over 65, or have a former president in the family. Then the Secret Service said, 'Hey, whoever slips through slips through. No promises.' ~ Jimmy Fallon
65 quotes by Jimmy Fallon
What made me this way was watching my father go through bad employment experiences. When I was 17, and he was 65, I saw him go through the experiences working for a boss that was rude and obnoxious. I swore if I was ever had the capacity to run a company that I would do it in a different way. ~ Tom Golisano
65 quotes by Tom Golisano
I'm on page 65 of 368 of Sleepless: I would never dream of killing an excellent tailor, not even to keep a secret that could endanger my life. ~ Charlie Huston
65 quotes by Charlie Huston
There's a plaque on our wall that says we've sold over 65 million albums, and I don't feel I've accomplished anything. I feel like I'm just getting started. ~ Eddie Van Halen
65 quotes by Eddie Van Halen
The Beat thing happened when I was younger. I used to run away from home, inspired by the Beats, like in '64 and '65. ~ Tom Verlaine
65 quotes by Tom Verlaine
In 1989, thirteen nations comprising 1,695,000 people experienced nonviolent revolutions that succeeded beyond anyone's wildest expectations ... If we add all the countries touched by major nonviolent actions in our century (the Philippines, South Africa ... the independence movement in India ... ) the figure reaches 3,337,400,000, a staggering 65% of humanity! All this in the teeth of the assertion, endlessly repeated, that nonviolence doesn't work in the 'real' world. ~ Walter Wink
65 quotes by Walter Wink
When I hit around 65, 66, I started to feel tremendous worth and incredible personal esteem. I was becoming very cognisant of my contribution to the American spirit of helping your fellow man and all of the good stuff. ~ Jerry Lewis
65 quotes by Jerry Lewis
I've got cattle on 4,000 acres about 100 miles east of Dallas, but I've also got another 65-acre ranch where I raise American miniature horses. ~ Carroll Shelby
65 quotes by Carroll Shelby
We have people working for us full-time because they were forced to retire at 65. I know that I never want to stop working, and I am glad that I can offer positions to others who feel the same way. ~ Carl Karcher
65 quotes by Carl Karcher
Now I proudly call myself a feminist. If Tip O'Neill were alive today, I might even tell him that I'm a pom-pom girl for feminism. I hope more women, and men, will join me in accepting this distinguished label. Currently, only 24 percent of women in the United States say that they consider themselves feminists. Yet when offered a more specific definition of feminism - "A feminist is someone who believes in social, political, and economic equality of the sexes" - the percentage of women who agree rises to 65 percent.16 That's a big move in the right direction. ~ Sheryl Sandberg
65 quotes by Sheryl Sandberg
It makes me think - what am I going to be like when I'm 65? ~ Kendall Jenner
65 quotes by Kendall Jenner
Our planet has not seen an extinction crisis as serious as the one in progress for 65 million years. ~ David Suzuki
65 quotes by David Suzuki
I started drawing comics, and at first I was very influenced by the whole pop art movement, you know, Batman was on TV and all that pop art stuff? But then my next influence was in 1966, or maybe it was '65, I don't know. Somebody showed me a copy of the "East Village Other", which was an underground newspaper.And ... it had comics in it! And they weren't superhero comics. ~ Trina Robbins
65 quotes by Trina Robbins
My parents have been together for 65 years. They're both really stubborn. They're not quitters. ~ Mary-Louise Parker
65 quotes by Mary-Louise Parker
Why do you have to retire at 65? Why can't you start at 70? You know, like wine. Why can't music be that way? My new band, we're playing stuff that's never been done before. ~ Herbie Mann
65 quotes by Herbie Mann
I went to Art College and during the summer I made a movie with my brother. I got hold of a little camera, wrote a script and dragged my brother, Tony, out of bed to help me (which he did not like), so that we could shoot a film every day for six weeks. It was made for £65 and it was called Boy On A Bicycle. ~ Ridley Scott
65 quotes by Ridley Scott
I always thought I'd write when I retired - when I turned 65. ~ Chuck Palahniuk
65 quotes by Chuck Palahniuk
I'll be 65 in September and I work as much as I want to, take cruises with Kay, relax with my family, do everything in moderation, because I want to enjoy my life. ~ Frankie Avalon
65 quotes by Frankie Avalon
A 65-ft.-wide screen and 500 people reacting to the movie, there is nothing like that experience. ~ Michael Mann
65 quotes by Michael Mann
When a man purchases a necessary appliance such as a TV with a flat screen the size of a squash court, he cannot afford to fritter away valuable minutes reading the owner's manual, especially when the first seventeen pages consist of statements like: WARNING: Do not test the electrical socket by sticking your tongue into it. A man does not need instructions written by and for idiots. A man already knows, based on extensive experience in the field of being male, that the way to handle an appliance is to plug all the plugs into the holes that look to be about the right size or color, then turn everything on and see what happens. This is the system I use, and it has proved to be 100 percent effective roughly 65 percent of the time. ~ Dave Barry
65 quotes by Dave Barry
I have dreamt that all my teeth fell out but my tongue lived to tell the tale
pg. 65// A Coney Island of the Mind ~ Lawrence Ferlinghetti
65 quotes by Lawrence Ferlinghetti
There are certain age limits on police officers. They'd have retired me out at 65. ~ Clint Eastwood
65 quotes by Clint Eastwood
I like guys who are honest and funny. Looks come and go; I want to be 65 years old and laughing with my husband. ~ Jessica Lowndes
65 quotes by Jessica Lowndes
More than 65,000 horses were slaughtered in the United States in 2004, a 50 percent increase since 2002. ~ Elton Gallegly
65 quotes by Elton Gallegly
As the wealthiest nation on Earth, we have made a commitment to provide health care for those over 65. In order to pay for this, each of us should contribute the same, flat percentage of our earned income. ~ Charles B. Rangel
65 quotes by Charles B. Rangel
When the history of the 20th century is finally written, one of its key features will be the wanton slaughter of more than 170 million people, not in war, but by their own government. The governments that led in this slaughter are the former USSR (65 million) and the Peoples Republic of China (35-40 million). The point to remember is that these governments were the idols of America's leftists. Part of the reason for these and other tyrannical successes was because the people were first disarmed. ~ Walter E. Williams
65 quotes by Walter E. Williams
It's about 65 degrees, so it feels like when the air conditioner is up on high. I can bear it, so I'm going for a walk. Today. Right now. In the sunshine. Because I can.
Because I want to. Because I'm not going to just sit around and wait for stuff to happen anymore. I'm still me, and I have a life. It's a weird life, but it's still mine.
It's still mine. ~ Andrew Clements
65 quotes by Andrew Clements
I would hate to be 65 and think, 'What if I had tried to be an actor?' ~ Matt Long
65 quotes by Matt Long
He father told her, "What you promise when you are confirmed is not that you will believe this forever. What you promise when you are confirmed is that this is the story you will wrestle with forever."65 Mine ~ Rachel Held Evans
65 quotes by Rachel Held Evans
If you want to do rock and roll, forget about those who've come after '65. ~ Robin Trower
65 quotes by Robin Trower
I still run into people in the business who skip over any other credits I have and say, 'I loved 'Hey, Dude!' This was back in '88, '89, '90. It was a goofy show about kids working at a dude ranch in Arizona. We did 65 episodes; I wrote 13 of them. We didn't know what we were doing, but it was writers' boot camp. It was great. ~ Graham Yost
65 quotes by Graham Yost
My mom didn't run for mayor until she was 65 years old - it was like a second and third career ... The way I've always thought about it is that I don't believe you run for office because you want a job. I believe if you run for office, it's because you have a vision for change. And if I ever came to that point, that's what would lead [me to run]. And right now I'm happily in a position where I believe I can work to deliver impact and work for change. ~ Sylvia Mathews Burwell
65 quotes by Sylvia Mathews Burwell
Now, Kalamas, don't go by reports, by legends, by traditions, by scripture, by logical conjecture, by inference, by analogies, by agreement through pondering views, by probability, or by the thought, 'This contemplative is our teacher.' When you know for yourselves that, 'These qualities are skillful; these qualities are blameless; these qualities are praised by the wise; these qualities, when adopted & carried out, lead to welfare & to happiness' - then you should enter & remain in them.

[Kalama Sutta, AN 3.65] ~ Gautama Buddha
65 quotes by Gautama Buddha
Exhibit 6.2 Cost of $1,000 in Monthly Lifetime Annuity Income, Starting at Age 65 Year Male Female 2004 $157,432 $167,818 2005 $157,255 $167,817 2006 $151,700 $161,363 2007 $151,524 $160,966 2008 $147,953 $155,843 2009 $156,500 $165,502 2010 $170,116 $178,410 2011 $174,828 $182,952 2012 $187,008 $195,216 2013 $183,728 $191,571 Average $163,804 $172,746 Source: CANNEX Financial Exchanges for non-COLA-adjusted qualified annuity income with a 10-year guarantee for California. ~ Moshe A. Milevsky
65 quotes by Moshe A. Milevsky
Suddenly you're like a pirate, you're 65 years old and you've got an earring. ~ Fred Willard
65 quotes by Fred Willard
You know, others keep saying that there are too many candidates in the race, and once it gets down to a two-person race that Trump can't get above that 30 to 35 percent that he's gotten both in the polling and in the elections and that the others will start pulling out that 65 the 70 percent not voting for Tromp. But there's absolutely no evidence that all of that vote will go to another candidate. ~ Cokie Roberts
65 quotes by Cokie Roberts
The uncontrolled mind Does not guess that the Atman is present: How can it meditate? Without meditation, where is peace? Without peace, where is happiness? (Bhagavad Gita, II. 62, 63, 65) ~ Swami Vivekananda
65 quotes by Swami Vivekananda
Oh my God, what if you wake up some day, and you're 65, or 75, and you never got your memoir or novel written, or you didn't go swimming in those warm pools and oceans all those years because your thighs were jiggly and you had a nice big comfortable tummy; or you were just so strung out on perfectionism and people-pleasing that you forgot to have a big juicy creative life, of imagination and radical silliness and staring off into space like when you were a kid? It's going to break your heart. Don't let this happen. ~ Anne Lamott
65 quotes by Anne Lamott
In the mid-1980s, the ratio of debt to personal disposable income for American households was 65 percent. During the next two decades, U.S. household leverage more than doubled, reaching an all-time high of 133 percent in 2007. ~ Katherine Porter
65 quotes by Katherine Porter
Somewhere along the line, Made in China began to sound like a bargain. (...)
When an importer told a retail buyer that an item was quoted at 65¢ and made in the USA, the buyer figured it could be purchased somewhere cheaper.

When the same product was quoted at 65¢ and was said to have been made in China the buyer figured it could not be found for any less. ~ Paul Midler
65 quotes by Paul Midler
I've died so many times. I'm 65. On my 40th birthday, my girlfriend gave me a reel with ways I had died, whether it was by knife, or electrocution or drowning or being thrown off a building or whatever it might have been. I've died a lot of times! ~ Jonathan Banks
65 quotes by Jonathan Banks
In early pregnancy her ability to tolerate heat stress improves by about 30 percent and in late pregnancy by at least 70 percent. Indeed, when a woman exercises at 65 percent of her maximum capacity in late pregnancy, her peak core temperature during exercise does not even get up to the level it was at rest before she became pregnant. ~ James F. Clapp III
65 quotes by James F. Clapp III
I'm not lacking for enthusiasm as you can see, given that I have something like 65 canvases covered with paint and I'll be needing more since the place is quite out of the ordinary; so I'm going to order some more canvases ... ~ Claude Monet
65 quotes by Claude Monet
The top seed this weekend is Richard Krajicek,12 a 6'5" Dutchman who wears a tiny white billed hat in the sun and rushes the net like it owes him money and in general plays like a rabid crane. ~ David Foster Wallace
65 quotes by David Foster Wallace
Germany suffered most as a consequence of this Peace Treaty and the general insecurity which was bound to arise from it. The unemployment figure rose to a third of the number usually employed in the nation, which means, however, that by counting the families of the unemployed as well there were 26 million people in Germany out of a population of 65 millions faced by an absolutely hopeless future. ~ Adolf Hitler
65 quotes by Adolf Hitler
Research tells us liars tend to gesture less, touch less, and move their arms and legs less than honest people (Vrij, 2003, 65). ~ Joe Navarro
65 quotes by Joe Navarro
Vin Scully has been my broadcasting idol for a long time. He is so humble - he has the exact same work ethic that he had 65 years ago. His family is what he cares about the most, and at the heart of his whole being is his marriage and kids. ~ Hannah Storm
65 quotes by Hannah Storm
Who's to say I can't find some great work when I'm 55 or 65? ~ Andie MacDowell
65 quotes by Andie MacDowell
When you look at Earth from that one picture, the one from space, it's really a rather attractive thing. I have nothing against the planet per se. I root for the big comet or asteroid as a way of cleansing the planet. The comet or asteroid 65 million years ago is probably what gave us our opening to replace the reptiles. The greatest entertainment I have in my life is chronicling internally, not necessarily for the public, the slow dissolution of order. ~ George Carlin
65 quotes by George Carlin
The United States is not overdeployed or overextended with deployments in 150 countries on any given year. On any given week we have about 65 deployments. ~ Robert D. Kaplan
65 quotes by Robert D. Kaplan
When you're a pop star, it's a little conservative; you always have to stay in a box. You have fans that are five and fans that are 65; there are so many people wanting so many things. ~ Beyonce Knowles
65 quotes by Beyonce Knowles
You should have more time for you during all of your life - not when you're 65 and retired. ~ Carlos Slim
65 quotes by Carlos Slim
By the time we're 65, we are gonna have a million dollars, but it's gonna be worth like 10 cents. ~ Phillip Hale
65 quotes by Phillip Hale
Japan. So successful was the Japanese 'welfare superpower' that by the 1970s life expectancy in Japan had become the longest in the world. But that, combined with a falling birth rate, has produced the world's oldest society, with more than 21 per cent of the population already over the age of 65. ~ Niall Ferguson
65 quotes by Niall Ferguson
There are 65 to 70 photography galleries in New York alone. In the U.K., there are no more than five, and they're all in London. ~ Martin Parr
65 quotes by Martin Parr
Alan Ginsberg was fabulous. The man is so filled with energy. He's 65 years old and he's just loaded with energy and charm and wit and his mind is constantly racing. ~ Ray Manzarek
65 quotes by Ray Manzarek
I love when I am not typecast. I've been acting for 50 years. I was such a baby face; I was playing children until I was in my 30s, which frustrated me enormously. Now that I am 65 and getting to play women in their 50s, I am getting paid back for having to play children for so long. ~ Jacki Weaver
65 quotes by Jacki Weaver
I survived turning 60, I was not thrilled to turn 61, I was less thrilled to turn 62, I didn't much like being 63, I loathed being 64, and I will hate being 65. I don't let on about such things in person; in person, I am cheerful and Pollyanna-ish. But the honest truth is that it's sad to be over 60. ~ Nora Ephron
65 quotes by Nora Ephron
You've worked hard all your life. You've paid Medicare taxes for almost 30 years. But under the Republican plan, Medicare won't be there for you. Instead of Medicare as it exists now, under the Republican plan you'll get a voucher that will pay as little as half your Medicare costs when you turn 65 - and as little as a quarter in your 80s. And all so that millionaires and billionaires can have a huge tax cut. ~ David Frum
65 quotes by David Frum
He is also experienced. Though I don't know Ralph's age, I do know that, like many of our managers, he is over 65. At Berkshire, we look to performance, not to the calendar. Charlie and I, at 71 and 64 respectively, now keep George Foreman's picture on our desks. You can make book that our scorn for a mandatory retirement age will grow stronger every year. ~ Warren Buffett
65 quotes by Warren Buffett
You get to about 65 or 70 and you lose friends and the world does seem to be an endlessly difficult place and tragic place, so it's more and more difficult for me to find the bright lights. ~ Michael Morpurgo
65 quotes by Michael Morpurgo
Even Sarren can't take out a whole city of armed, bloodthirsty minions.' He curled a lip in disgust. 'And if he can, then you'll have to excuse me, because at that point I'm going to say the hell with you both, you can chase after Sarren without me. ~ Julie Kagawa
65 quotes by Julie Kagawa
I'm a little bit damaged in about 15 different ways, and it's been nice that no particular damaged area has become a major issue. I'm a more than moderately healthy 65-year-old male who has gotten away with a lot of stuff. ~ Iggy Pop
65 quotes by Iggy Pop
People assume that because I'm a girl and my blog is hot pink that my readership is 90% women, but it's not. It's probably only about 65%. When I do tours, it's pretty much the same thing: it's about one-third guys. ~ Jenny Lawson
65 quotes by Jenny Lawson
Because our lungs regularly deal with carbon dioxide, they see nothing wrong with absorbing its cousin, SiO2, which can be fatal. Many dinosaurs might have died this way when a metropolis-sized asteroid or comet struck the earth 65 million years ago. ~ Sam Kean
65 quotes by Sam Kean
I don't like the climate, the people, their way of life. Nothing ever happens and then one morning you wake up and find that you are 65. ~ William Faulkner
65 quotes by William Faulkner
Indeed, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention calculated that 65 million people in the United States now have a sexually transmitted virus, and they will suffer from it for the rest of their lives. ~ James C. Dobson
65 quotes by James C. Dobson
I think the best time to stare off into space is when you're going 65 on a motorcycle, provided you're wearing your astronaut's helmet. ~ Jarod Kintz
65 quotes by Jarod Kintz
Just because you put higher-octane gasoline in your car doesn't mean you can break the speed limit. The speed limit's still 65. ~ Neil Sheehan
65 quotes by Neil Sheehan
I turned 65 last year, and each year I get more and more interested in human health. For most people it happens around age 50, but I've always been a slow learner. It's critical in terms of the cost of health care. ~ Craig Venter
65 quotes by Craig Venter
Every batch of sperm represents an opportunity for genetic typos - called de novo mutations - to be passed on. A 20-year-old man and woman will each pass on about 20 de novo mutations to a baby they conceive. By the time the couple is 40, a woman's total has remained at 20, while a man's has jumped to 65 - and it keeps climbing from there. ~ Jeffrey Kluger
65 quotes by Jeffrey Kluger
What kind of bank gives back 65 percent-often less-of what you deposit? Indeed, when you compare the services of a bank and an insurance company, common sense suggests something is out of whack. ~ Andrew Tobias
65 quotes by Andrew Tobias
My mother taught us to sell food in the market so we could pay for school. I would get up at 4:30 A.M. and start selling bread and cheese before going to class. School cost $65. The average salary was $125 a year, and with 10 kids, how are you going to pay for that? ~ Dikembe Mutombo
65 quotes by Dikembe Mutombo
Non Famous Quotes «
» Decline Of The West Quotes