605 Freeway Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 605 Freeway.

Quotes About 605 Freeway

Enjoy collection of 46 605 Freeway quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 605 Freeway. Righ click to see and save pictures of 605 Freeway quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Any time I wind up in the lane where you can't quickly turn off of it and it's turning into the freeway, I just start screaming until I'm off of it. ~ Amy Heckerling
605 Freeway quotes by Amy Heckerling
This ain't no upwardly mobile freeway, oh no, this is the road to hell. ~ Chris Rea
605 Freeway quotes by Chris Rea
I believe that we have free will. I believe we get the chance to make choices in our lives. Not everything is set in stone from the moment we're born. We choose our destiny, our ultimate fate. But I also think that we don't realize the choices we've made until after we make them. We're racing down a freeway, only to realize we've missed all the exits, and the only direction we can go is dead ahead. ~ Neal Shusterman
605 Freeway quotes by Neal Shusterman
You can only cruse the boulevards of regret so far, and then you've got to get back up onto the freeway again. ~ Thomas Pynchon
605 Freeway quotes by Thomas Pynchon
I got a role in this movie called Freeway playing this really angry, aggressive, violent young woman who believed wholeheartedly in the truth. I had such satisfaction afterward, and I thought, That's what I want to do. ~ Reese Witherspoon
605 Freeway quotes by Reese Witherspoon
The freeway experience ... is the only secular communion Los Angeles has. Mere driving on the freeway is in no way the same as participating in it. Anyone can "drive" on the freeway, and many people with no vocation for it do, hesitating here and resisting there, losing the rhythm of the lane change, thinking about where they came from and where they are going. Actual participation requires total surrender, a concentration so intense as to seem a kind of narcosis, a rapture-of-the-freeway. The mind goes clean. The rhythm takes over. ~ Joan Didion
605 Freeway quotes by Joan Didion
I stopped looking at the cars after the first few miles. Once I started to see past the exteriors, I saw what lay inside some of them and felt the urge to sprint to the nearest freeway exit. Some people had tried to outrun The Plague by leaving town. They hadn't realized the illness could still find them in their cars, and now the 405 was one of the largest graveyards in the world. I thought for a moment about all of the other cities across the globe that probably had scenes just like this. My eyes stung, wondering if my mother, my dad, or any of my friends were in similar graveyards.
I made the mistake of glancing into an overturned Volkswagen Beetle as I passed and saw a pair of legs clad in jeans and white Jack Purcell sneakers in the shadows of the car. They reminded me of Sarah's shoes. The man who laced those up that morning hadn't realized he wouldn't be taking them off again. ~ Kirby Howell
605 Freeway quotes by Kirby Howell
A man in a green truck lays on his horn to my left, as if noise will magically part the congested freeway. I hold back the urge to roll down my window and remind him that he's not Moses and magic does not exist. ~ Krista Ritchie
605 Freeway quotes by Krista Ritchie
Like so many named places in California it was less an identifiable city than a grouping of concepts
census tracts, special purpose bond-issue districts, shopping nuclei, all overlaid with access roads to its own freeway. ~ Thomas Pynchon
Unless you've also had some experience dragging around a boat trailer, [topping off the gas tank] may not sound important. But trailer driver's know: a gas stop can be a traumatic experience. You need enough clearance on every possible side. You can't cut the turn too sharp or you'll clip the gas pump. Getting back on the freeway can be as challenging as sending a man to the moon. ~ Brad Alan Lewis
605 Freeway quotes by Brad Alan Lewis
Without big data analytics, companies are blind and deaf, wandering out onto the Web like deer on a freeway. ~ Geoffrey Moore
605 Freeway quotes by Geoffrey Moore
What else? I also believe that if someone comes up behind you on the freeway and flashes their lights to get you to move into the slow lane, they deserve whatever punishment you dole out to them. I promptly slow down and drive at the same speed as the car beside me so that I can punish Speed Racer for his impertinence.
Actually, it's not the impertinence I'm punishing him for, it's that he let other people know what he wanted.
Speed Racer, my friend, never ever let people know what you want. Because if you do, you might as well send them engraved invitations saying, Hi, this is what I want you to prevent me from ever having. ~ Douglas Coupland
605 Freeway quotes by Douglas Coupland
New discoveries are not made by staying at home. New territories are not found by taking the freeway. To make new discoveries, we have to leave the well-worn paths. We ~ Liz Wiseman
605 Freeway quotes by Liz Wiseman
California, Labor Day weekend...early, with ocean fog still in the streets, outlaw motorcyclists wearing chains, shades and greasy Levis roll out from damp garages, all-night diners and cast-off one-night pads in Fricso, Hollywood, Berdoo and East Oakland, heading for the Monterey peninsula, north of Big Sur...The Menace is loose again, the Hell's Angels, the hundred-carat headline, running fast and loud on the early morning freeway, low in the saddle, nobody smiles, jamming crazy through traffic and ninety miles an hour down the center stripe, missing by inches...like Genghis Khan on an iron horse, a monster steed with a fiery anus, flat out through the eye of a beer can and up your daughter's leg with no quarter asked and non given; show the squares some class, give em a whiff of those kicks they'll never know...Ah, these righteous dudes, they love to screw it on...Little Jesus, the Gimp, Chocolate George, Buzzard, Zorro, Hambone, Clean Cut, Tiny, Terry the Tramp, Frenchy, Mouldy Marvin, Mother Miles, Dirty Ed, Chuck the Duck, Fat Freddy, Filthy Phil, Charger Charley the Child Molester, Crazy Cross, Puff, Magoo, Animal and at least a hundred more...tense for the action, long hair in the wind, beards and bandanas flapping, earrings, armpits, chain whips, swastikas and stripped-down Harleys flashing chrome as traffic on 101 moves over, nervous, to let the formation pass like a burst of dirty thunder... ~ Hunter S. Thompson
605 Freeway quotes by Hunter S. Thompson
What you see on the freeway is just what there is,
a funeral procession of the dead,
the greatest horror of our time in motion.
I'll see you there tomorrow! ~ Charles Bukowski
605 Freeway quotes by Charles Bukowski
I lived in Dallas, and it's a big city, but you can jump on any freeway and drive in any direction for about 30 minutes and you are in the country - open space, wide open, very open, nothin' around. ~ Stark Sands
605 Freeway quotes by Stark Sands
I think the Smart Car is awesome. The only problem is I've been on the freeway and felt like I was going to be blown away like a Tim Hortons coffee cup, so I may have to upgrade to a Mini Cooper - something a little stronger. ~ Ellen Page
605 Freeway quotes by Ellen Page
Boston's freeway system is insane. It was clearly designed by a person who had spent his childhood crashing toy trains. ~ Bill Bryson
605 Freeway quotes by Bill Bryson
People in this town saw only what they'd all agreed to see, they believed what was on the tube or in the morning papers half of them read while they were driving to work on the freeway, and it was all their dream about being wised up, about the truth setting them free. ~ Thomas Pynchon
I have to stop myself once an hour and remind myself that the universe isn't against me. That the woman in front of me in line at CVS didn't wake up and think, "I'm gonna make Iliza's life miserable today." (Honestly? Try as I might, I do believe there is a secret meeting in Los Angeles every morning at five where people gather and get their "Annoyance Assignments" for the day. I bet people are given tasks like, "just get in your car and drive on the freeway, any freeway; do whatever you can do to create more traffic and not contribute to society. Oh, and make sure that when your car breaks down, you never push it off to the shoulder." Or the people at the airport who don't know the rules. You know the ones. It's like, "WE ARE IN A TSA LINE! YES, YOU HAVE TO THROW OUT YOUR FUCKING WATER! YOU HAVE HAD TO THROW IT OUT FOR THE PAST SIXTEEN YEARS, TODAY ISN'T ANY DIFFERENT! THERE IS STILL A WAR ON TERROR!") ~ Iliza Shlesinger
605 Freeway quotes by Iliza Shlesinger
We went up the Harbor freeway north and then we cut onto the San Diego freeway north. I hated the San Diego freeway. It always jammed. Then I noticed a slight rain beginning to fall.
"That's it," I said, "it's beginning to rain." All the cars were going to stop. California drivers didn't know how to drive in the rain. ~ Charles Bukowski
605 Freeway quotes by Charles Bukowski
I love as you come into Paris, you've got the Arch de Triomphe and all that crazy traffic. Then I love the drive from Paris down to Antibes and you veer off east in through the Alps and you come into the south of France on the mountain road as opposed to the freeway. ~ Luke Goss
605 Freeway quotes by Luke Goss
People recognize me wherever I go, where it used to be just New York. I guess people who aren't even baseball fans watch the World Series. I was driving down the freeway in Los Angeles over the winter and a guy pulled up next to me and gave me the finger. ~ Graig Nettles
605 Freeway quotes by Graig Nettles
I'm still driving along on the pop freeway of life. Thinking even further into the future, I definitely want to make an acoustic record. I want to try lots of different things. ~ Katy Perry
605 Freeway quotes by Katy Perry
A man's gift will give him freeway in the world ~ Sunday Adelaja
605 Freeway quotes by Sunday Adelaja
The merriment of everything from foot-high weeds to hundred-foot oaks, rustling in the wind - grave chuckling of maples and alders, titters from groves of sapling sassafras, silly giggling in the raspberry bushes, a huge belly laugh from the oldest hollow ash tree before the freeway interchange. ~ Diane Duane
605 Freeway quotes by Diane Duane
Where one sees a dead end, another sees a freeway without a speed limit. That's what separates the entrepreneur or small business owner from the rest of the world. ~ Sarah Gerdes
605 Freeway quotes by Sarah Gerdes
If you're on a freeway and want to know if you're being followed, what you do is enormously vary your speed. You accelerate to 100 and slow down to 30 and then accelerate again. In a city, you make a lot of turns against the stream of traffic. You go around a roundabout twice. ~ Salman Rushdie
605 Freeway quotes by Salman Rushdie
I know you lost your way, but remember love is the only freeway of life. ~ Debasish Mridha
605 Freeway quotes by Debasish Mridha
My childhood is streets upon streets upon streets upon streets. Streets to define you and streets to confine you, with no sign of motorway, freeway or highway. ~ Morrissey
605 Freeway quotes by Morrissey
Some men are searching for the Holy Grail, but there ain't nothing sweeter than riding the rail. Pregnant women and Vietnam vets, beggin on the freeway, bout as hard as it gets. ~ Tom Waits
605 Freeway quotes by Tom Waits
By the end of the interview, George and I had clicked....I mean, we weren't BFF's spray-painting hearts and our initials on freeway underpasses or anything. But we seemed to understand each other. ~ Christopher Paul Meyer
605 Freeway quotes by Christopher Paul Meyer
This is golden, Katie thought as they rumbled down the freeway eating fast-food tacos. I love being "us". ~ Robin Jones Gunn
605 Freeway quotes by Robin Jones Gunn
Usually without realizing it, our ultimate peace starts and ends in the authority of God alone, which means the solution to living in joy, peace, and harmony with our fellow men has been here for all since the beginning of mankind and throughout civilization. I have yet to feel the urge to argue politics: it reminds me of getting off the freeway to sit in raging traffic. ~ Criss Jami
605 Freeway quotes by Criss Jami
You could take Vicodin, step out of the house, onto a freeway, have a truck hit you, and you'd say "My Bad!". ~ Bill Engvall
605 Freeway quotes by Bill Engvall
I don't think that it's appropriate for the government to say, in effect, we're going to slow
down the growth of housing or that we're going to slow down the extension of the highway and the freeway system. ~ George Deukmejian
605 Freeway quotes by George Deukmejian
It is a tragedy, is it not? The little faces on the milk-cartons
although I can't remember the last time I saw a kid on a milk-carton
and on the walls of freeway rest areas. Have you seen me? they ask. A deeply existential question at the best of times. Have you seen me? ~ Neil Gaiman
605 Freeway quotes by Neil Gaiman
The genius of the current caste system, and what most distinguishes it from its predecessors, is that it appears voluntary. People choose to commit crimes, and that's why they are locked up or locked out, we are told. This feature makes the politics of responsibility particularly tempting, as it appears the system can be avoided with good behavior. But herein lies the trap. All people make mistakes. All of us are sinners. All of us are criminals. All of us violate the law at some point in our lives. In fact, if the worst thing you have ever done is speed ten miles over the speed limit on the freeway, you have put yourself and others at more risk of harm than someone smoking marijuana in the privacy of his or her living room. Yet there are people in the United States serving life sentences for first-time drug offenses, something virtually unheard of anywhere else in the world. ~ Michelle Alexander
605 Freeway quotes by Michelle Alexander
The killing happened amid an outburst of deadly violence across the District that claimed six lives in six days. The victims include a community news reporter who police said was waiting for a bus when she was shot by someone aiming at another person; and a motorist killed when a passenger opened fire from another vehicle on the Anacostia Freeway. The killings bring the District's homicide count to 50, up from 45 at this time last year. At Friday night's vigil, Gliss's pastor, Bishop Melvin G. Brown of Greater New Hope Baptist Church, acknowledged national attention on police use of deadly force. But he urged mourners to address dangers closer to home. "Can we be real tonight?" Brown said. "Most of the violence, most of the killing comes from us killing other folk. Young black folk killing other young black folk. ~ Anonymous
605 Freeway quotes by Anonymous
The better you get, the less you run around showing off as a muscle guy. You know, you wear regular shirts-not always trying to show off what you have. You talk less about it. It's like you have a little BMW - you want to race the hell out of this car, because you know it's just going 110. But if you see guys driving a ferrari or a lamborghini, they slide around at 60 on the freeway because they know if they press on that accelerator they are going to go 170. These things are the same in every field. ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger
605 Freeway quotes by Arnold Schwarzenegger
Life was radical right after I met the monster.
Later, life became harder, complicated.
Ultimately, a living hell, like swimming against a riptide,
Walking the wrong direction in the fast lane of the freeway,
Waking from sweetest dreams to find yourself in the middle of a nightmare. ~ Ellen Hopkins
605 Freeway quotes by Ellen Hopkins
You'll feel fairly patronised for the first few weeks, or first few lectures here, but the effect is a bit like driving a car; you start off in low gears, and you go very slowly and it's frustrating, but before you realise it you're doing about 140 on the freeway and breaking the law and all kinds of things. That's what this course will be like. ~ Albert Atkin
605 Freeway quotes by Albert Atkin
Listen -

You are not a lonesome freeway with a history
of accidents, or the damaged record of
every pair of palms that tried to unravel you. You are
not a regret, not a letdown. Here you are, living
like a scarlet war - no part of you wants to be
real. This is when you need to open like a bud
to the arms that hold you, even if you prefer to run
from the sun into the shadowy sirens that call
your name like a prayer.

Repeat after me - you are a vessel of roses, and
you wont always be in bloom, but I promise that
the frost never stays for long. I promise that the
light will find you. ~ Bianca Sparacino
605 Freeway quotes by Bianca Sparacino
It is like sitting in a traffic jam on the San Diego Freeway with your windows rolled up and Portuguese music booming out of the surround-sound speakers while animals gnaw on your neck and diseased bill collectors hammer on your doors with golf clubs. ~ Hunter S. Thompson
605 Freeway quotes by Hunter S. Thompson
How does anyone ever know anything - the past is a fog that breathes out ghost after ghost, the present a freeway thunder run at 90 mph, which makes the future the ultimate black hole of futile speculation. ~ Ben Fountain
605 Freeway quotes by Ben Fountain
Three more fireworks shot up over the freeway, contorting into purple stars as they burst against the dissipating smoke. ~ Robyn Schneider
605 Freeway quotes by Robyn Schneider
Threading A Bobbin Quotes «
» Evil In Macbeth Quotes