60 S Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 60 S.

Quotes About 60 S

Enjoy collection of 50 60 S quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 60 S. Righ click to see and save pictures of 60 S quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Merger Evers/John F. Kennedy/Malcolm X/Martin Luther King/Robert Kennedy/Che Guevara/Patrice Lamumba/George Jackson/Cynthia Wesley/Addie Mae Collins/Denise McNair/Carole Robertson/Viola Liuzzo
It was a decade marked by death. Violent and inevitable. Funerals became engraved on the brain, intensifying the ephemeral nature of life. For many in the South it was a decade reminiscent of earlier times, when oak trees sighed over their burdens in the wind; Spanish moss draggled blood to the ground; amen corners creaked with grief; and the thrill of being able, once again, to endure unendurable loss produced so profound an ecstasy in mourners that they strutted, without noticing their feet, along the thin backs of benches: their piercing shouts of anguish and joy never interrupted by an inglorious fall. They shared rituals for the dead to be remembered. ~ Alice Walker
60 S quotes by Alice Walker
Now. 1973. Exactly." He tipped back in his chair, his arms folded across his chest. "So much changed in the sixties, the war, the rights of women, civil rights, the vote, protest against the war. On and on. I was getting my Ph.D. in Chicago and you were in college but that time was upheaval with a purpose. Now we've drawn back into our shells, wondering what we have done and what do we believe.? And is there any purpose to our lives? ~ Susan Richards Shreve
60 S quotes by Susan Richards Shreve
Seeing Blackpool on a dull winter's day rather spoilt my image of what seaside places were like.

(From LONE WOLF, p.60) ~ Len Webster
60 S quotes by Len Webster
This does not come naturally. I have to work out 60 to 90 minutes at least five days a week and stick to a high- fiber, low-calorie eating plan. ~ Molly Sims
60 S quotes by Molly Sims
Growth, 60 percent of India's workforce is self-employed, and 90 percent of India's labor force works in the unorganized sector.11 ~ Arundhati Roy
60 S quotes by Arundhati Roy
When you get to 60, the word "retirement" comes in on every conversation. ~ Ozzy Osbourne
60 S quotes by Ozzy Osbourne
Here I sit, alone at 60,
Bald and fat and full of sin
Cold the seat, and loud the cistern
As I read the (Harpic) (Lysol) tin ~ Alan Bennett
60 S quotes by Alan Bennett
We have a VA hospital back home in St. Louis. Like many of our colleagues, we hear continued concerns about the access and the service. I have seen a statistic that more than 60,000 veterans today are waiting more than 6 months for an appointment at a VA hospital. ~ Russ Carnahan
60 S quotes by Russ Carnahan
Will Rogers became the biggest, most popular, and highest-paid star of every existing media of his time. The biggest star America ever produced. What is even more remarkable, the things he said and wrote remain as relevant and meaningful today as they did 60 and 70 years ago. ~ Tommy Tune
60 S quotes by Tommy Tune
The ancient Egyptian calendar is Precessionally Sexagesimal (Besides being theologically/decanally decimal). That means that the toggling between its "enhanced" Civil Calendar (i.e., 365 days yearly) and the geometrical Original Calendar (i.e., 360 days yearly) is based on the precession of the equinoxes (rather than being solely anchored in the solar system); where 148 squared over 365 equals to 60; and 148 multiples of 360 over 365 equals to the height of the Great Pyramid. ~ Ibrahim Ibrahim
60 S quotes by Ibrahim Ibrahim
Most of the locks and dams on the upper Mississippi River system are over 60 years old and many are in serious need of repair and rehabilitation. ~ Ron Kind
60 S quotes by Ron Kind
I am told that today rather more than 60 per cent of the men who go to university go on a Government grant. This is a new class that has entered upon the scene. It is the white-collar proletariat. They do not go to university to acquire culture but to get a job, and when they have got one, scamp it. They have no manners and are woefully unable to deal with any social predicament. Their idea of a celebration is to go to a public house and drink six beers. They are mean, malicious and envious . They are scum. ~ W. Somerset Maugham
60 S quotes by W. Somerset Maugham
I think it is a peculiarity of myself that I like to play about with equations, just looking for beautiful mathematical relations which maybe don't have any physical meaning at all. Sometimes they do.
At age 60. ~ Paul Dirac
60 S quotes by Paul Dirac
Almost no one under 60 remembers what fundraising was like before Watergate. Until the 1970s, campaign money was collected by "bagmen," familiar characters from the world of organized crime. As fans of Boardwalk Empire know, a bagman is a political fixer who walked around with stacks of $100 and $1,000 bills. At lower levels, he used brown paper bags. In presidential campaigns, the cash was more likely to be in briefcases. Classier that way. ~ Jonathan Alter
60 S quotes by Jonathan Alter
How it is that within 60 days of a general election issue, groups can no longer tell voters that a Member of Congress votes pro-abortion, against guns, against the environment or whatever else is beyond me. ~ Paul Weyrich
60 S quotes by Paul Weyrich
No-one gets a job at 16 and stays in it until 60 any more; we're connected to more people simultaneously than ever before, whether online or on our phones. We wear so many different hats within one day, one week, a lifetime. ~ Riz Ahmed
60 S quotes by Riz Ahmed
Men over 60 often think that if they wear athletic shoes - soft-soled referee shoes or hiking shoes or actual running shoes - then they will look more youthful. The contrary is true. ~ Russell Smith
60 S quotes by Russell Smith
It's one thing if you are a luxury brand and have been around for 60 years and can weather the retail storm we've had, but if you are a new brand that's just starting out - whether you are a writer or a retailer - innovating through social media is crucial. Those that are hidden and guarded will not progress. ~ Kelly Cutrone
60 S quotes by Kelly Cutrone
When I was young, I couldn't imagine women of 60 falling in love. For one thing, people used to stay married; they weren't out in the jungle, searching for romance. Besides, these women just looked so ancient - permed hair, beige cardis. ~ Deborah Moggach
60 S quotes by Deborah Moggach
The best meeting I ever went to was a meeting in France where the talk slots were 60 minutes long, but you were told to prepare a five-minute talk. It was absolutely great because the entire talk was a conversation between the speaker and the audience. ~ Tim Hunt
60 S quotes by Tim Hunt
We have between 60,000- and 80,000 thoughts a day. That's a thought every 1.2 seconds…but we are not our thoughts – we have thoughts. Just like a cell phone is not our texts…it receives texts but they are not the phone. You have thoughts but you are not your thoughts. ~ Davidji
60 S quotes by Davidji
People at .08 are too impaired to drive. Studies show that at .08, the ability to perform critical driving functions is decreased by as much as 60 percent. ~ Frank Lautenberg
60 S quotes by Frank Lautenberg
In Italy there are about 60 million people and we know how
high is the percentage of morons on national soil. However, in
China there are about 1.4 billion people and in India almost 1.3
billion. Therefore I wonder then, if more or less all the world is
a small village, with how many morons should we have to come
to terms on the territory of this stupid planet. It's the same the
world over, or the world is the same wherever you go! ~ Carl William Brown
60 S quotes by Carl William Brown
A lot of people can have a lot of different influences, everyone can be compared in some way to someone whether they are from 60 years ago or more recent. ~ Leona Lewis
60 S quotes by Leona Lewis
When I build something for somebody, I always add $50 million or $60 million onto the price. My guys come in, they say it's going to cost $75 million. I say it's going to cost $125 million, and I build it for $100 million. Basically, I did a lousy job. But they think I did a great job. ~ Donald Trump
60 S quotes by Donald Trump
The hedonistic lifestyle is difficult to achieve when you're still carrying your own gear. Trust me that you don't feel glamorous with a 60-pound amp in your arms; it's a lot less sexy than toting a vodka gimlet and impossible to do in heels. ~ Carrie Brownstein
60 S quotes by Carrie Brownstein
Ive been to 50 of these 60 US states ~ Barack Obama
60 S quotes by Barack Obama
I didn't want to be 50 or 60 and auditioning for a three-line role. ~ Grant Heslov
60 S quotes by Grant Heslov
The politics of time was clarified in my women's liberation group in the 1970's when one of us, a mother of small children, found herself single. Parenting and providing seemed irreconcilable. Within a generation it had become the norm. By 2010 single parents comprised 25 per cent of all families and 60 per cent had a paid job. The agenda this implies is obvious: not the trick of work-life balance that assigns responsibility to women but a political economy that has at its heart not a breadwinner who is an unencumbered, cared-for man but a mother.

Women's appeal to men to share parenting has, of course, been answered by millions of men. They attend the birth of their babies, they fall in love with them and then soon, too soon, before they have even got acquainted, they leave the babies and the mother's from morning till night and go back to their paid jobs. Nowhere have men reciprocated women's paid work and unpaid care by initiating mass movements for men's equal parental leave or working time that synchronizes with children and women; nowhere have men en masse shared the costs - in time and money - of childhood. ~ Beatrix Campbell
60 S quotes by Beatrix Campbell
To pay 60 musicians for rehearsal and performance is quite something, and I decided I wouldn't be able to handle that kind of situation financially again, unless somebody else was taking care of that end of it. ~ Chuck Mangione
60 S quotes by Chuck Mangione
He was simply undeveloped compared to teammates who had grown up in the American West, linking 60 mph carved turns at Sun Valley or Crystal Mountain. ~ Nathaniel Vinton
60 S quotes by Nathaniel Vinton
Nearly 60% of Americans who regularly attend Christian church say there is no such thing as the Holy Spirit - they say the Holy Spirit is just a symbol of God's power or presence or purity. ~ George Barna
60 S quotes by George Barna
Our vision is every book ever printed in any language in under 60 seconds. ~ Jeff Bezos
60 S quotes by Jeff Bezos
It may be a species of impudence to think that the way you understand God is the way God is. (60). ~ Joseph Campbell
60 S quotes by Joseph Campbell
If Harvard is $60,000 and University of Toronto, where I went to school, is maybe six. So you're really telling me that education is 10 times better at Harvard than it is at University of Toronto? That seems ridiculous to me. ~ Malcolm Gladwell
60 S quotes by Malcolm Gladwell
I own more pairs of Calvin Klein underwear than I can count. At any given time, I probably have 50 to 60 pairs on deck. I travel with an entire suitcase of underwear and t-shirts, and they're all Calvin Klein. ~ Trey Songz
60 S quotes by Trey Songz
Quality without science and research is absurd. You can't make inferences that something works when you have 60 percent missing data. ~ Peter Pronovost
60 S quotes by Peter Pronovost
In fact, world-renowned British writer and philosopher
Malcolm Muggeridge, who was an atheist defending evolution
for some 60 years, but who subsequently realized
the truth, reveals the position in which the theory of evolution
would find itself in the near future in these terms:
I myself am convinced that the theory of evolution, especially
the extent to which it's been applied, will be one of
the great jokes in the history books in the future. Posterity
will marvel that so very flimsy and dubious an hypothesis
could be accepted with the incredible credulity that it
has. ~ Harun Yahya
60 S quotes by Harun Yahya
Most writers, by the time they're 60, must have revisited their childhood a dozen times. ~ Kevin Crossley-Holland
60 S quotes by Kevin Crossley-Holland
I spend 60 percent of my time planning, 60 percent with people, and all other duties are completed with whatever time is left ~ Alden W. Clausen
60 S quotes by Alden W. Clausen
All I can say is that I've always felt like a very old soul. When I was 3, I felt 60. ~ Faith Prince
60 S quotes by Faith Prince
The advertisement challenges potential candidates: "Think you can get HubSpot on the cover of Time magazine or featured on 60 Minutes?" Take it from someone who worked at Time's primary competitor - the only way a company like HubSpot will ever merit that kind of coverage is if an employee brings in a bag of guns and shoots the place up. ~ Dan Lyons
60 S quotes by Dan Lyons
The inspectors also found Iraq had developed effective means for dispersing these materials: unmanned aerial vehicles, spray devices, special munitions. We don't know where any of it is. And the last 60 days of new inspections have turned up no additional information that could allay any concerns about this military capability. ~ Richard Armitage
60 S quotes by Richard Armitage
I also played with Jimi Hendrix. Jimi would come down and sit in with Retaliation and we would have a ball. He offered me the gig with him at 20 pounds a week, which at that point, was like 60 bucks. ~ Aynsley Dunbar
60 S quotes by Aynsley Dunbar
The beauty of Broadway is that if I'm 60 or 70 years old, if they'll accept me back, I can go back. So I think for right now I'm going to focus on the music
it's the new baby
and see how it's going to work out, and then maybe in a few years maybe I'll go back. ~ Heather Headley
60 S quotes by Heather Headley
The Earth cannot wait 60 years. I want a future for my children and my children's children. The clock is ticking. ~ Richard Branson
60 S quotes by Richard Branson
My son, Jett, is two, and when I was pregnant my nose got bigger, so I got a new one. Everything was bigger for a while after having Jet, but I knew I needed to be able to walk up my stairs without being winded. It took me two years to lose 60 lbs - lots of walking, bike-riding, kick-boxing and performing. ~ Jill Scott
60 S quotes by Jill Scott
Usually when a woman is 60, it's over. ~ Jeanne Moreau
60 S quotes by Jeanne Moreau
Touring is tough. You're almost in a haze because you don't really know where you are half the time: You're in a hotel room one moment, and the next thing you know, you're onstage performing for 60,000 people, then you're back on an airplane. It's very hectic and I couldn't do it without my family. ~ Vanessa Hudgens
60 S quotes by Vanessa Hudgens
Food is one part of the experience. And it has to be somewhere between 50 to 60 percent of the dining experience. But the rest counts as well: The mood, the atmosphere, the music, the feeling, the design, the harmony between what you have on the plate and what surrounds the plate. ~ Alain Ducasse
60 S quotes by Alain Ducasse
Slave Trade Quotes «
» Vietnam Quotes