60 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 60.

Quotes About 60

Enjoy collection of 100 60 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 60. Righ click to see and save pictures of 60 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Another drunk goes up to a parking meter, puts in a quarter, the dial goes to 60. The drunk says, "Huh. I lost 100 pounds!" ~ Henny Youngman
60 quotes by Henny Youngman
In 1973, America imported 30 percent of its crude oil needs. Today, that number has doubled to more than 60 percent. Gas prices are as high as they are now in part because we've had no comprehensive national energy policy for the past few decades. ~ Gary Miller
60 quotes by Gary Miller
There have been times - and not just on 'The Newsroom,' but on 'The West Wing,' 'Sports Night,' 'Studio 60' ... - where it was hard to look the cast and crew in the eye, when I put a script on the table that I knew just wasn't good enough. ~ Aaron Sorkin
60 quotes by Aaron Sorkin
When I build something for somebody, I always add $50 million or $60 million onto the price. My guys come in, they say it's going to cost $75 million. I say it's going to cost $125 million, and I build it for $100 million. Basically, I did a lousy job. But they think I did a great job. ~ Donald Trump
60 quotes by Donald Trump
He was a beautiful man with a beautiful soul. Something about the way he talked, the way he wrote, made me believe that he never quite felt like he'd belonged. Sure, he was rich and famous - he lived on a 60-acre horse ranch just outside of Lexington, for Christ's sake - but just knowing he existed, knowing that even someone as talented as him understood what it felt like to have a hungry heart, made me feel less lonely sometimes. And here he lay. Vulnerable. Bruised. Likely in more pain, even unconscious, than I could imagine. There are so many assholes in the world, I thought, not for the first time. Why do terrible things have to happen to people who try to shine a little light in the darkness? ~ Peter Styles
60 quotes by Peter Styles
Never give up. The same manuscript may appeal to one agent and not to another. It's a matter of taste, and it's all about the writing.

What if I had give up at 15? Or 40? Or even 60?

The point is, I can't tell you how to succeed. But I can tell you how not to: Give in to the shame of being rejected and put your manuscript - or painting, song, voice, dance moves - in the coffin that is your bedside drawer and close it for good. I guarantee you that it won't take you anywhere. ~ Kathryn Stockett
60 quotes by Kathryn Stockett
We must make sure that there is recess and P.E. class in every school, getting kids outside for 60 minutes, every day. ~ Darell Hammond
60 quotes by Darell Hammond
The wise teacher knows that 55 minutes of work plus 5 minutes laughter are worth twice as much as 60 minutes of unvaried work. ~ Gilbert Highet
60 quotes by Gilbert Highet
Once I realized that Australia's top highway speed of 110 kilometers per hour was the same as going 65 in the U.S., all my hardened American enthusiasm for speed went limp until it felt like the car was hardly moving at all. Even worse, most stretches of the highway are restricted to 60 kilometers per hour, which is how fast Americans go when we're, like, passing a stopped school bus disembarking small children, or driving through a herd of puppies in the road. ~ Elle Lothlorien
60 quotes by Elle Lothlorien
For-profit weather forecasters rarely predict exactly a 50 percent chance of rain, which might seem wishy-washy and indecisive to consumers.41 Instead, they'll flip a coin and round up to 60, or down to 40, even though this makes the forecasts both less accurate and ~ Nate Silver
60 quotes by Nate Silver
I'm 60 years of age. That's 16 Celsius. ~ George Carlin
60 quotes by George Carlin
The Redskins have been active champions in the fight against childhood obesity through our commitment with the NFL Play 60 program. ~ Daniel Snyder
60 quotes by Daniel Snyder
Ive been to 50 of these 60 US states ~ Barack Obama
60 quotes by Barack Obama
In fact any good mind properly taught can think like Euclid and like Walt Whitman. The Renaissance, as we saw, was full of such minds, equally competent as poet and as engineers. The modern notion of "the two cultures," incompatible under one skull, comes solely from the proliferation of specialties in science; but these also divide scientists into groups that do not understand one another, the cause being the sheer mass of detail and the diverse terminologies. In essence the human mind remains one, not 2 or 60 different organs. ~ Jacques Barzun
60 quotes by Jacques Barzun
All Romani dialects – about 60 in all - contain Armenian words, proof if you will that the Lom Bosha passed through Armenia in the early 11th century, trading spices along the Great Silk Road, that network of ancient trade routes connecting China with the Mediterranean and the Black Sea. The Romani traded Armenian carpets, silk, dyes, lapis lazuli and tin, and it's no surprise that five capitals of Armenia are on The Great Silk Road. ~ Karl Wiggins
60 quotes by Karl Wiggins
When older people ask me, "How have you been so successful after age 65?" I tell them, "Anyone who's reached 65 years of age has had a world of experience behind him. He's had his ups and downs and all the trials and tribulations of life. He certainly ought to be able to gather something out of that, something he can put together at the end of his 65 years so he can get a new start." The way I see it, a man's life is written by the way he lives it. It's using any talent God has given him, even if his talent is cooking food or running a good motel.

You can reach higher, think bigger, grow stronger and live deeper in this country of ours than anywhere else on Earth. The rules here give everybody a chance to win. If my story is different, it's because my life really began at age 65 when most folks have already called it a day.

I'd been modestly successful before I hit 65. After that I made millions. When they're about 60 or 65, a lot of people feel that life is all over for them. Too many of them just sit and wait until they die or they become a burden to other people. The truth is they can make a brand new life for themselves if they just don't give up and hunker down.

I want to tell people, "You're only as old as you feel or as you think, and no matter what your age there's plenty of work to be done." I don't want to sound like I'm clearing my throat and giving advice about how a man can be successful. I'm not all puffed up. My main trade secr ~ Harland Sanders
60 quotes by Harland Sanders
It's almost impossible to deal with a crazy man, except that he does have religious beliefs, and the world of Islam will be damaged if a fanatic like him should commit murder in the name of religion against 60 innocent people. ~ Ruhollah Khomeini
60 quotes by Ruhollah Khomeini
Math anxiety: an intense lifelong fear of two trains approaching each other at speeds of 60 and 80 MPH. ~ Rick Bayan
60 quotes by Rick Bayan
People are like songs to me. About 60 seconds in, I'll know whether or not to add them to my 'favorites. ~ Crystal Woods
60 quotes by Crystal Woods
We are over 60 percent water by weight. We're just a big ball of ... blob of water, with enough organic thickener added so we don't dribble away on the floor. ~ David Suzuki
60 quotes by David Suzuki
I'm in a very close-knit, very, very tight family. My grandmother had 13 kids, so we had a lot of family like 50, 60 grandchildren and we all lived in Jersey, relatively in the same area. So every time there was something, my entire family was there. And I just believed everybody's family was like that. ~ Lauryn Hill
60 quotes by Lauryn Hill
The median-aged CNN viewer is 60. For Fox, it's 68. ~ Anonymous
60 quotes by Anonymous
Substantial progress was made in spreading our foreign trade to other areas. Our total trade with Northwest Europe in the first 8 months of last year was 42.3 per cent above the corresponding period the year previous, and our total trade with Asia was up 13.5 per cent. For the first time since 1919, the United States in the first 8 months of 1956 accounted for less than 60 percent of our total trade. ~ Ramon Magsaysay
60 quotes by Ramon Magsaysay
The competitive landscape of hedge funds is rapidly changing, as hundreds of funds are opened and closed every year. For example, Pensions & Investments reported that 784 new funds were started in 2009, while 1,023 existing funds were closed. Amazingly, the median life of a hedge fund is only 31 months. Fewer than 15 percent of hedge funds last longer than six years, and 60 percent of them disappear in less than three years.[3] ~ Gordon Murray
60 quotes by Gordon Murray
What a sad and frightening time it was. Thousands of firefighters and other rescue workers swarmed the sixteen-acre disaster zone, searching for survivors. The area, which became known as Ground Zero, was extremely dangerous. Underground fires smoldered, and the smoke was a toxic mix of melted plastic, steel, lead, and many poisonous chemicals. Few of the rescue workers had on proper protective clothing or masks. And as it quickly became clear, there were not very many survivors to find. Only fourteen people were pulled out of the rubble alive, all within the first twenty-four hours of the collapse. About 50,000 people had been working in the buildings that day. Two thousand and sixteen died. Also among the dead: 343 firefighters and 60 police officers who were in or near the ~ Lauren Tarshis
60 quotes by Lauren Tarshis
When I won the Oscar, I made a point of actively going against that and doing adventure films like 'Con Air' and 'Gone in 60 Seconds,' not what would be expected. ~ Nicolas Cage
60 quotes by Nicolas Cage
A woman's life in the orchestra is not as long as a man's; she is just not as good at 60 as a man is at 60. ~ Zubin Mehta
60 quotes by Zubin Mehta
It's so hard when you're young to look at older people and understand that they have been where you are. It's the weirdest thing. You just can't get your head around that, can you? You can't get your head around the fact that someone who is 60 was once 16, if you're 16. But the fact is they have been, and they remember it. ~ Helen Mirren
60 quotes by Helen Mirren
I contend that the cry of 'Black Power' is, at bottom, a reaction to the reluctance of white power to make the kind of changes necessary to make justice a reality for the Negro. I think that we've got to see that a riot is the language of the unheard. And, what is it that America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the economic plight of the Negro poor has worsened over the last few years." - Martin Luther King, Jr., 60 Minutes Interview, 1966 ~ Martin Luther King Jr.
60 quotes by Martin Luther King Jr.
We can still do a stop motion feature for about one-third of what it costs Pixar or DreamWorks or Blue Sky to make a feature. But nobody is interested in a film that cost $50 to 60 million with the potential to do $120 million. They want to risk big money to make huge money. ~ Henry Selick
60 quotes by Henry Selick
If you've ever wondered how many prisons need to operate withinin America, just look at the literacy rate. 60% of America's prison inmates are illiterate and 85% of all juvenile offenders have reading problems. ~ United States Dept. Of Education
60 quotes by United States Dept. Of Education
To be conservative at 20 is heartless and to be a liberal at 60 is plain idiocy. ~ Winston Churchill
60 quotes by Winston Churchill
I'd be happy to live till 80 as long as I was comfortable and in good health. Mind you, ask me again on the eve of my 80th birthday. Even so, I hope we don't all start living to be 120. I'm not sure I'd cope with another 60 years. ~ Bonnie Tyler
60 quotes by Bonnie Tyler
The Pawnee chief had left the village the day after the doctor arrived, with 50 or 60 horses and many people, and had taken his course to the north of our route. ~ Zebulon Pike
60 quotes by Zebulon Pike
In order to run, an engine must have spark, fuel, and at least 60 psi of compression. One or more of these prerequisites is lacking if a cold engine refuses to start after three or four pulls on the starter cord. ~ Paul K. Dempsey
60 quotes by Paul K. Dempsey
I took quite an interest in polar expeditions. And I've been familiar with explorers who were still investigating polar zones, especially Greenland, with dog sleighs. What matters with dog sleighs is the guide. The guide is often a female dog, who is particularly subtle, and knows there's a crevice 25 or 30 meters ahead. Yet we can't see it under the snow. So we shall say she is violent because she warns the dog sleighs they're going to fall into the crevice, a 60 to 70 meter drop into a hole, and that will be it, death. Well, maybe I have the astuteness of a female dog leading dog sleighs, nothing more than that. ~ Louis Ferdinand Celine
60 quotes by Louis Ferdinand Celine
Gospel, and a cheap ministry, and a cheap membership, and a cheap communion of saints, etc. But when his obedience comes to be chargeable, when his obedience to divine commands may cost him his health, his strength, his liberty, his riches, his estate, his friends, his credit, his name, etc., then he retires, then he cries out, It is a hard saying, who can bear it? John 6:60. This is a hard commandment, who can obey it? ~ Thomas Brooks
60 quotes by Thomas Brooks
I think it is a peculiarity of myself that I like to play about with equations, just looking for beautiful mathematical relations which maybe don't have any physical meaning at all. Sometimes they do.
At age 60. ~ Paul Dirac
60 quotes by Paul Dirac
When I first pursued this with Universal, they had no idea what to do. But now that we've gone through the whole process and I've signed this 60-page document that says what we can and can't do, I suppose it will be a little bit easier for the next person. ~ DJ Shadow
60 quotes by DJ Shadow
On Good Friday last year the SS found some pretext to punish 60 priests with an hour on "the tree." That is the mildest camp punishment. They tie a man's hands together behind his back, palms facing out and fingers pointing backward. Then they turn his hands inwards, tie a chain around his wrists and hoist him up by it. His own wight twists his joints and pulls them apart ... Several of the priest who were hung up last year never recovered and died. If you don't have a strong heart, you don't survive it. Many have a permanently crippled hand. ~ Jean Bernard
60 quotes by Jean Bernard
Ask him about the cemeteries, Dean!"
In 1966 upon being told that President Charles DeGaulle had taken France out of NATO and that all U.S. troops must be evacuated off of French soil President Lyndon Johnson mentioned to Secretary of State Dean Rusk that he should ask DeGaulle about the Americans buried in France. Dean implied in his answer that that DeGaulle should not really be asked that in the meeting at which point President Johnson then told Secretary of State Dean Rusk:
"Ask him about the cemeteries Dean!"
That made it into a Presidential Order so he had to ask President DeGaulle.
So at end of the meeting Dean did ask DeGaulle if his order to remove all U.S. troops from French soil also included the 60,000+ soldiers buried in France from World War I and World War II.
DeGaulle, embarrassed, got up and left and never answered. ~ Lyndon B. Johnson
60 quotes by Lyndon B. Johnson
In America, it has been proven that the bulk of spending money is in the hands of women between 60 and 80, so it's so stupid. The people who do have the time and money to shop are either retired or empty-nesters. ~ Iris Apfel
60 quotes by Iris Apfel
Currently where you are is on a huge globe with a relatively thin crust of stone, containing fire in its bowels, rotating on its own slightly tilted axis at 1,000 miles per hour in an easterly direction while simultaneously traveling in orbit around an enormous ball of burning hydrogen, 93,000,000 miles away at 66,000 miles per hour. That's 66,000 miles per hour, or nineteen miles per second, which is much faster that you've maybe ever imagined, and means that you will be traveling nearly 60,000,000 miles this coming year.
Beauty is, you don't have to imagine it, you can feel it instead. And if you want to know what it's like, simply stop. Be still, and in that stillness, whatever you are feeling in your belly: that's it. this is what it feels like to go 66,000 miles per hour while spinning at one thousand. ~ Stephen Russell
60 quotes by Stephen Russell
Where is this great love for rock and roll that existed for 50 or 60 years? ~ Billy Corgan
60 quotes by Billy Corgan
Sixty million people died in the Second World War. World War II was a gigantic crime. We condemn it all. We are against bloodshed, regardless of whether a crime was committed against a Muslim or against a Christian or a Jew. But the question is: Why among these 60 million victims are only the Jews the center of attention? ~ Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
60 quotes by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
When I turned 60, it didn't bother me at all. ~ Yoko Ono
60 quotes by Yoko Ono
60 percent of your brain is made from fat, specifically DHA. ~ Rick Warren
60 quotes by Rick Warren
For 60 years you gave chance to Shasaks, now I request you to give a Sevak 60 months. I say give me 60 months and we will give you a life of peace and happiness. ~ Narendra Modi
60 quotes by Narendra Modi
I like multinational companies. They may have 40 to 60 percent of their engines of growth in the United States, but I do like the diversification of being more global. ~ Laurence D. Fink
60 quotes by Laurence D. Fink
Study: 60% of young Americans plan to buy firearms. The other 40% were confused, saying they thought they were free under Obamacare. ~ Fred Thompson
60 quotes by Fred Thompson
At 20 everyone has the face that God gave them, at 40 the face that life gave them, and at 60 the face they earned. ~ Albert Schweitzer
60 quotes by Albert Schweitzer
At two-tenths the speed of light, dust and atoms might not do significant damage even in a voyage of 40 years, but the faster you go, the worse it is
space begins to become abrasive. When you begin to approach the speed of light, hydrogen atoms become cosmic-ray particles, and they will fry the crew ... So 60,000 kilometers per second may be the practical speed limit for space travel. ~ Isaac Asimov
60 quotes by Isaac Asimov
The issue of Palestine has been there since more than 60 years. But more important since 1967 when the war was, ended in the defeat of some Arab countries. ~ Al-Waleed Bin Talal
60 quotes by Al-Waleed Bin Talal
Ronan's phone buzzed with a text: Gansey.
Reached out to a few peers, it said, as if he were sixty instead of the same age as Ronan. Image you sent confirmed logo for Boudicca. All-lady group involved in the protection and organization of women in business. Henry says his mother thinks they're pretty powerful.
Another text came in. Boudicca is actually a very interesting historical figure in her won right.
Another: She was a warrior queen of the Celts around 60 CE and she fought against the Romans
Another: Blue wants you to know Boudicca is
Another: Sorry sent too soon quote is 'Boudicca is the original goth. Ronan Lynch wishes he was that badass'
Another: Is badass one word or two
Ronan's phone displayed ellipses to show that Gansey was about to shoot off another text.
Ronan texted back hurriedly, If you have to ask you aren't one. Thanks old man. I'll wiki it. ~ Maggie Stiefvater
60 quotes by Maggie Stiefvater
Let's face it. It's taken years for you to learn to be the person you are, so you're not going to change overnight. But the good news in that you can unlearn those aspects that you want to change and chart a new path in life. And it's never too late to start, whether you're 20, 40, 60, or 80! ~ Kevin Leman
60 quotes by Kevin Leman
Merger Evers/John F. Kennedy/Malcolm X/Martin Luther King/Robert Kennedy/Che Guevara/Patrice Lamumba/George Jackson/Cynthia Wesley/Addie Mae Collins/Denise McNair/Carole Robertson/Viola Liuzzo
It was a decade marked by death. Violent and inevitable. Funerals became engraved on the brain, intensifying the ephemeral nature of life. For many in the South it was a decade reminiscent of earlier times, when oak trees sighed over their burdens in the wind; Spanish moss draggled blood to the ground; amen corners creaked with grief; and the thrill of being able, once again, to endure unendurable loss produced so profound an ecstasy in mourners that they strutted, without noticing their feet, along the thin backs of benches: their piercing shouts of anguish and joy never interrupted by an inglorious fall. They shared rituals for the dead to be remembered. ~ Alice Walker
60 quotes by Alice Walker
I don't know what I'll be like when I'm 60. I already have the traits of a retired gentleman. ~ David Walliams
60 quotes by David Walliams
You can't explain much in 60 seconds, but when you show Michael Jordan, you don't have to. It's that simple. ~ Phil Knight
60 quotes by Phil Knight
After I started getting criticism for doing 'Big Brother,' someone told me that Hugh Downs used to host 'Concentration' and Mike Wallace used to do 'The Big Surprise.' I thought, Huh, maybe that door isn't sealed shut if I want to do '60 Minutes' one day. ~ Julie Chen
60 quotes by Julie Chen
I try to hit all the places Guy Fieri visits in every city I go to. It's, like, something a 60-year-old would do. ~ Brian Posehn
60 quotes by Brian Posehn
Usually in a Smosh sketch, we get 60 shots, 12 hours to shoot - we're just going 'bam, bam, bam.' ~ Ian Hecox
60 quotes by Ian Hecox
As a comedian, I don't know if they're laughing because it's funny or if they're laughing at me because I'm not funny. And I'm thinking, 'Who cares? They're laughing.' If you go on stage, and they're laughing at you full-on for 60 minutes? You know, whatever puts them in the seats. ~ Larry The Cable Guy
60 quotes by Larry The Cable Guy
And it was then that I knew what it means to be lucky--lucky to have met a person during those three minutes of the day that he's good. Because I have a lot of time on my hands--you can imagine that that adds up. there are 24 hours in a day, and half of that is night. That leaves you with 12. And that's 12 times 60 minutes, that is, 720 minutes minus three minutes of goodness still leaves you with 717 minutes worth of nasty ordinary person. ~ Irmgard Keun
60 quotes by Irmgard Keun
Helmut, if I had known that one can make it to 90 on 60 cigarettes a day, I would have started smoking 30 years ago. [at Former German Chancellor Helmut Schmidt's 90th birthday] ~ Henry Kissinger
60 quotes by Henry Kissinger
In the Banda Islands, ten pounds of nutmeg cost less than one English penny. In London, that same spice sold for more than £2.10s. – a mark-up of a staggering 60,000 per cent. A small sackful was enough to set a man up for life, buying him a gabled dwelling in Holborn and a servant to attend to his needs ~ Giles Milton
60 quotes by Giles Milton
It is very difficult to imagine that you can actually get rid of a dictatorship that has been there for 60 years only in 18 days. ~ Bassem Youssef
60 quotes by Bassem Youssef
Many peoples' tombstones should read 'Died at 30, burried at 60.' ~ Nicholas M. Butler
60 quotes by Nicholas M. Butler
Not so much that I wanted to give up rock writing, but I also wanted to try something new. So I moved to a crumbling stately heap on top of a hill in the middle of nowhere in southwest France, about 60 miles from Bordeaux: wine instead of cocaine. ~ Sylvie Simmons
60 quotes by Sylvie Simmons
There's a laundry list of reasons why not to borrow from your 401(k). While the money is on loan, it's not working for you - and if you leave your job, you'll have to pay it back in 60 days or treat it as a taxable withdrawal. ~ Jean Chatzky
60 quotes by Jean Chatzky
LOST: 60 SECONDS
DON'T BOTHER LOOKING FOR THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE GONE FOREVER ~ Ralph Nader
60 quotes by Ralph Nader
Homicide is 0.8% of deaths. Diet-related disease is over 60%. But no one talks about it. ~ Jamie Oliver
60 quotes by Jamie Oliver
The reality is that beer still outsells wine and spirits combined, and makes up 60 of all alcoholic beverage occasions. It's important to keep beer fun, relevant and in step with the changing preferences of adults who enjoy beer. ~ Pat McGauley
60 quotes by Pat McGauley
On TV, stories and events are finalized in 30 or 60 minutes, or neatly tied up after a season or two. The best stories are the ones that force us to come to our own conclusions and to explain why we believe in our conclusions. ~ Lurlene McDaniel
60 quotes by Lurlene McDaniel
I appreciate good criticism and I think it's really important. I don't like it when it's consumer advocacy, like how you should spend your $60. Great criticism is a kind of literature. I've written some criticism, and I really enjoy it because I think it's important for people to know that theatre is vital. Criticism is really unevenly distributed in this town. Obviously the power of the Times is discouraging. It's killing new plays, demolishing one after another. ~ Adam Rapp
60 quotes by Adam Rapp
In the Senate, where 60 votes are required to do anything important, you have to work with your colleagues on both sides of the aisle. ~ Lamar Alexander
60 quotes by Lamar Alexander
You know, when cameras are rolling, improvisation doesn't feel natural. The pressure is too great. You're on a time schedule. You've got 60 crewmen. ~ Albert Brooks
60 quotes by Albert Brooks
Most of the locks and dams on the upper Mississippi River system are over 60 years old and many are in serious need of repair and rehabilitation. ~ Ron Kind
60 quotes by Ron Kind
As a matter of policy, increasing taxes on the most economically productive group, which already generates 60 percent of the nation's federal revenues, during a sustained period of economic doldrums is a wretched idea. ~ John Podhoretz
60 quotes by John Podhoretz
Lucas recalled. "I went for the merchandising because it was one of the few things left that we hadn't discussed."60 But Lucas also shrewdly recognized that Fox and other studios had underestimated - and, in many cases, wasted - merchandising opportunities to market their films. "We ~ Brian Jay Jones
60 quotes by Brian Jay Jones
According to a new survey, 40 percent of adults in Mexico say they would move to the United States if they got a chance. The number would have been higher, but the other 60 percent already live here. ~ Conan O'Brien
60 quotes by Conan O'Brien
60% of workers surveyed said if their employer took action to support the mental wellbeing of all staff, they would feel more loyal, motivated, committed and be likely to recommend their workplace as a good place to work. ~ Paul Farmer
60 quotes by Paul Farmer
When I was young I thought: when I am 60 my necessities will be very different. As I get near that age, I realise they are similar to what they were when I was 25. ~ Pedro Almodovar
60 quotes by Pedro Almodovar
After a man passes 60 , his mischief is mainly in his head ~ Washington Irving
60 quotes by Washington Irving
Japan is an important ally of ours. Japan and the United States of the Western industrialized capacity, 60 percent of the GNP, two countries. That's a statement in and of itself. ~ Dan Quayle
60 quotes by Dan Quayle
You were supposed to be on that elevator with him," Tristan said from behind us. "If you don't make it to the car before he does, believe me, he will drop the both of you on the spot"
Atticus and I glanced at each for a second, before I took off my heels and bolted towards the stairs.
"Are you insane? There are at least 60 flights of stairs!" Atticus yelled after me, but I ignored him, running as quickly as I could.
AsI reached the 49th level, Ipushed open the door and dashed towards the elevator, pressing the botton over and over again, as if my life depended on it.
"Ma'am?" a security guard asked, coming towards me. Fortunately, the doors opened, and sure enough there was Levi reading his paper.
"I work for him!" I shouted, pointing to Levi, as I jumped inside.
He looked up at me, confused as I entered gasping.
"I would have been more impressed if you ran down all of the stairs," he said, no longer interested in me. As I stood there trying to catch my breath, he continued reading.
"Fuck you"
"Excuse me?" he turned back to look at me, his eyes narrowing.
"Achoo," I sneezed. "Excuse me," I lied and he knew it, but I put my heels back on anyway.
"Where's Atticus?" he asked as the doors opened.
"I don't know maybe he just isn't hungry for-" I stopped, seeing Atticus already standing at the car door.
Levi looked back to me. "He wins. ~ J.J. McAvoy
60 quotes by J.J. McAvoy
There's one thing very important to me in business and for the long-term: always be honest with people. For the past 60 years, I always pay my debts. ~ Andrew Gotianun
60 quotes by Andrew Gotianun
It may be a species of impudence to think that the way you understand God is the way God is. (60). ~ Joseph Campbell
60 quotes by Joseph Campbell
We give people major responsibilities even if they are only 60 per cent ready. Our experience is that people are pretty elastic when you give them responsibility, and they just grow rapidly with the job. ~ Azim Premji
60 quotes by Azim Premji
Gentlemen, for the first 60 feet that was a hell of a pitch. ~ Warren Spahn
60 quotes by Warren Spahn
I can go from zero to studying in less than 60 seconds! ~ Rory Gilmore
60 quotes by Rory Gilmore
I have worked with investors for 60 years and I have yet to see anyone - not even when capital gains rates were 39.9 percent in 1976-77 - shy away from a sensible investment because of the tax rate on the potential gain. ~ Warren Buffett
60 quotes by Warren Buffett
If your spine is inflexibly stiff at 30, you are old. IF it is completely flexible at 60, you are young. ~ Joseph Pilates
60 quotes by Joseph Pilates
Estimates show that small businesses contribute 60-80 percent of the net new jobs annually. ~ Michael K. Simpson
60 quotes by Michael K. Simpson
We have the same soul at 60 that we had at 40, and the same soul at 25 that we had when we were 5. ~ Marianne Williamson
60 quotes by Marianne Williamson
A good technician gets it right maybe 60% of the time. And a great technician, maybe 61% of the time. ~ Gary B Smith
60 quotes by Gary B Smith
To pay 60 musicians for rehearsal and performance is quite something, and I decided I wouldn't be able to handle that kind of situation financially again, unless somebody else was taking care of that end of it. ~ Chuck Mangione
60 quotes by Chuck Mangione
the only thing I was apt to make Gone in 60 Seconds was a pan of brownies. ~ A.J. Aalto
60 quotes by A.J. Aalto
The ancient Egyptian calendar is Precessionally Sexagesimal (Besides being theologically/decanally decimal). That means that the toggling between its "enhanced" Civil Calendar (i.e., 365 days yearly) and the geometrical Original Calendar (i.e., 360 days yearly) is based on the precession of the equinoxes (rather than being solely anchored in the solar system); where 148 squared over 365 equals to 60; and 148 multiples of 360 over 365 equals to the height of the Great Pyramid. ~ Ibrahim Ibrahim
60 quotes by Ibrahim Ibrahim
I'm not a real smart guy. But I've got enough brains to realize that when I'm 60 years old and play a sport, that it's downhill. ~ Lee Trevino
60 quotes by Lee Trevino
The '18-40-60 Rule': at 18 you care what everyone thinks, at 40 you don't care what anyone thinks and at 60 you realize no one ever cared about what you thought, they were busy worrying about themselves. ~ Daniel Amen
60 quotes by Daniel Amen
2011 Quotes «
» 7 Quotes