59 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 59.

Quotes About 59

Enjoy collection of 67 59 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 59. Righ click to see and save pictures of 59 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Goucher *never* eats lunch. If he is hungry, he will have a granola bar or another light snack. The guys, especially Reese, kid him that he does not eat enough. He used to eat more. Standing 5'9" to 5'10", he weighs in at just under 140 pounds. At the Olympic Trials in Atlanta in 1996, he weighed 145. After the 5000-meter final, where he finished a disappointing fourteenth, Wetmore told him he was fat. Goucher was livid. When he calmed down he realized Wetmore was right, and he made a conscious effort to lose any excess weight since then. He feels the difference. "My chest was bigger, my arms were bigger. Losing the five pounds has helped me thin out, and it's cut me more. It's made a big difference. ~ Chris Lear
59 quotes by Chris Lear
Truman charged that Republicans were "Wall Street reactionaries," "gluttons of privilege," "bloodsuckers," and "plunderers." GOP legislators in the 80th Congress, he said, were "tools of the most reactionary elements" who would "skim the cream from our natural resources to satisfy their own greed." Dismissing Dewey, "whose name rhymes with hooey," Truman said, "If you send another Republican Congress to Washington, you're a bigger bunch of suckers than I think you are." "Give 'em hell, Harry!" the people shouted back. "Pour it on!"59 ~ James T. Patterson
59 quotes by James T. Patterson
Finally, we close this section with the following from the January 25, 2013, final rule: Covered entities and business associates that implement the specified technologies and methodologies with respect to protected health information are not required to provide notifications in the event of a breach of such information - that is, the information is not considered "unsecured" in such cases.58 We encourage covered entities and business associates to take advantage of the safe harbor provision of the breach notification rule by encrypting limited data sets and other protected health information pursuant to the Guidance. ... If protected health information is encrypted pursuant to this guidance, then no breach notification is required following an impermissible use or disclosure of the information."59 ~ Anonymous
59 quotes by Anonymous
I was excited to do something, even if I didn't know what it was. I think you need that feeling - that excitement, that fire - to make your dreams a reality. (p.59) ~ Injap Sia
59 quotes by Injap Sia
The mode of the posterior distribution for is 0.9, equal to the maximum likelihood estimate (MLE), and the 95% credible interval extends from 0.59 to 0.98. ~ Michael D. Lee
59 quotes by Michael D. Lee
Tell her how much all the little things she does all year long that seem to go unnoticed really mean to you." With a $2.59 card. Mother's Day is built on that idea. ~ Shonda Rhimes
59 quotes by Shonda Rhimes
If you love someone, you will want to understand them and accept them as they grow and change; similarly, loving yourself involves a never-ending process of self-understanding and self-acceptance through life's ups and downs...we are finally coming to understand that love for neighbor and love for self naturally lead to love for the earth...if you love your neighbor as yourself, you want both them and you to be able to breathe, so you need to love clean fresh air...you want them and you to be able to drink, so you need to love pure water in all its forms...you want them and you to be be able to eat, so you need to care about the climate...." (p. 59-60) ~ Brian McLaren
59 quotes by Brian McLaren
If an employer had to pay a man one dollar for the same work a woman could do for 59 cents, why would anyone hire a man? ~ Warren Farrell
59 quotes by Warren Farrell
She's pure evil. Stay on her good side."
"And here I thought she hated me because I don't sing stupid songs. ~ Heather Davis
59 quotes by Heather Davis
In 1970, American women were paid 59 cents for every dollar their male counterparts made. By 2010, women had protested, fought, and worked their butts off to raise that compensation to 77 cents for every dollar men made.10 As activist Marlo Thomas wryly joked on Equal Pay Day 2011, "Forty years and eighteen cents. A dozen eggs have gone up ten times that amount."11 ~ Sheryl Sandberg
59 quotes by Sheryl Sandberg
Have exactly one hour to find your runaway table, get back your synco-whatsit, and install it in this engine, or the Argo II explodes, destroying Bunker Nine and most of the woods." "Basically," Leo said. Jason frowned. "We should alert the other campers. We might have to evacuate them." "No!" Leo's voice broke. "Look, the explosion won't destroy the whole camp. Just the woods. I'm pretty sure. Like sixty-five percent sure." "Well, that's a relief," Piper muttered. "Besides," Leo said, "we don't have time, and I - I can't tell the others. If they find out how badly I've messed up ... " Jason and Piper looked at each other. The clock display changed to 59:00. "Fine," Jason said. "But we'd better hurry. ~ Rick Riordan
59 quotes by Rick Riordan
The New Yorker has devoted itself for 59 years not only to facts and literal accuracy but to truth. And truth begins, journalistically, with the facts. ~ William Shawn
59 quotes by William Shawn
In America my mother has eyes as strong as boulders, never once skittering off a face, but she has not learned to place decorations and phonograph needles, nor has she stopped seeing land on the other side of the oceans. Now her eyes include the relatives in China, as they once included my father smiling and smiling in his many western outfits, a different one for each photograph that he sent from America. (1983: 59) ~ Maxine Hong Kingston
59 quotes by Maxine Hong Kingston
I've been told that people in the army do more by 7:00 am than I do in an entire day But if I wake at 6:59 am and turn to you to trace the outline of your lips with mine I will have done enough and killed no one in the process. ~ Shane Koyczan
59 quotes by Shane Koyczan
The transience of human feeling is nothing short of ludicrous. My mercurial fluctuations in the course of a single evening made me feel as if I had a character made pf chewing gum. I had fallen into the ugly depths of self-pity, a terrain just above the even more hideous lowlands of despair. Then, easily distracted twit that I am, I had, soon after, found myself on maternal heights, where I had practically swooned with pleasure as I bobbed and fondled the borrowed homunculus next door. I had eaten well, drunk too much wine, and embraced a young woman I hardly knew. In short, I had thoroughly enjoyed myself and had every intention of doing so again. [p. 59] ~ Siri Hustvedt
59 quotes by Siri Hustvedt
In the European Union, a fleet average of 95 grams of CO2 per kilometer will be permitted in 2020. This corresponds to fuel consumption of about four liters (per 100 kilometers; about 59 mpg). We have to continue reducing the fuel consumption of our vehicles and offer hybrid and electric vehicles, or else we will be unable to achieve these values. ~ Norbert Reithofer
59 quotes by Norbert Reithofer
Frazier was not a big man at all. Frazier was about 5'9, but he would make anyone run. Put up your dukes and cover up because he's coming. He never backed up from anyone. ~ George Foreman
59 quotes by George Foreman
Most people understand life expectancy has changed since Social Security started in 1937 when folks lived to be 59 years old. Today, they live to be 77 years old. ~ Jack Kingston
59 quotes by Jack Kingston
Puck flapped up to the happy couple. "Wait a minute! You have to ask someone to marry you? No one told me that! I thought you just hit them with a club and dragged them back to your cave!"
Henry put his arm around Sabrina. "You're officially grounded from ever getting married."
"Thank you," Sabrina whispered sincerely. ~ Michael Buckley
59 quotes by Michael Buckley
Don't think of 60 as ten years older than 50.
Think of it as only 1 year older than 59
Go ahead, as it's your birthday
Delusion, today, is just fine ~ John Walter Bratton
59 quotes by John Walter Bratton
I think I'd miss the dreams.
Wecker, Helene (2013-04-23). The Golem and the Jinni (P.S.) (p. 59). HarperCollins. Kindle Edition. ~ Helene Wecker
59 quotes by Helene Wecker
Sheldon Adelson, for example, gave more than $53 million to Super PACs, but all eight of the candidates he supported lost.59 Karl Rove, a strategic mastermind who won fame advising George W. Bush, oversaw groups that spent $175 million and still lost twenty-one out of thirty elections. ~ Laurence H. Tribe
59 quotes by Laurence H. Tribe
Because I'm not the same today as I was in '58, or '59 or even '71. ~ Link Wray
59 quotes by Link Wray
So far this spring, 59 American communities have been flattened by tornadoes. Nobody has helped. ~ Gordon Sinclair
59 quotes by Gordon Sinclair
Ah! believers, you are a tempted people. You are always poor and needy. And God intends it should be so, to give you constant errands to go to Jesus. Some may say, it is not good to be a believer; but ah! see to whom we can go. (Works, 59) ~ Robert Murray McCheyne
59 quotes by Robert Murray McCheyne
You might be surprised to know that gratitude is a commandment of the Father. 'Thou shalt thank the Lord thy God in all things' (D&C 59:7), the Lord has commanded in these latter days. Even further, He has admonished that 'in nothing doth man offend God, or against none is his wrath kindled, save those who confess not his hand in all things, and obey not his commandments' (D&C 59:21). ~ Joseph B. Wirthlin
59 quotes by Joseph B. Wirthlin
59% of all suicides are actually botched murder-suicides performed by dyslexics. ~ Dana Gould
59 quotes by Dana Gould
Ground rules, Tanner," he growled. Tanner paled. More good. "No alcohol. No smoking. No drugs. No looking at other girls. You can dance with my daughter. Your hands will avoid the danger zones, which are here, here and here." Liam gestured to his chest, groin and ass. "You can kiss her. Once. At 10:59 p.m. tonight, when you'll be standing here once again. I will be on the other side of this door, waiting for her. Am I clear?" "Yes, sir," Tanner whispered. "I was your age once, too," Liam said. "I'm aware of that, sir." "I know what you think about." "I'm sorry." "You can think it. You can't do it." "Okay." "I have many sharp tools in my garage." "Yes, sir." "We're clear, then?" "Very, sir." "Good!" Liam smiled, then grabbed the boy by the shoulder and dragged him in. "Nicole! Your date's here. ~ Kristan Higgins
59 quotes by Kristan Higgins
57. Omniscience and bliss, and mature wisdom, Remaining independent, limitless strength - Attaining all these, he shines ever, the Self without afflictions. With an immaculate body, he, as the Self, merges in Siva. 58. Japa of the name, worship, bathing in holy waters, ritual sacrifices, None of these or others are needed. The fruits of dharma and adharma, Water oblations to forefathers, None of these are for him. 59. No injunctions for observance, no fasts, Nothing required by way of getting into or out of (any action), No vows of celibacy for him, know this. 60. Not having any recourse to falling into the fire or water, Or falling from the mountain top, Enjoy the feast of the Knowledge of Siva, eternal and pure. Rid of the rules applying to all creation, move about as you please. 61. I tell you this is the Truth, the Truth, the Truth, thrice over. There is nothing greater than this, Nothing greater is there to be known, Nothing at all, nowhere ever. ~ Ramana Maharshi
59 quotes by Ramana Maharshi
The breakthrough study was done by Dr. Peter Elwood and a team from the Cochrane Institute of Primary Care and Public Health, Cardiff University, United Kingdom, and released in December 2013. For thirty years, these researchers followed 2,235 men living in Caerphilly, Wales, aged 45 to 59, and observed the impact of five activities on their health and on whether they developed dementia or cognitive decline, heart disease, cancer, or early death. The Cardiff study was meticulous, examining the men at intervals over the thirty years, and if they showed signs of cognitive decline or dementia, they were sent for detailed clinical assessments of high quality. It overcame study design problems from eleven previous studies (discussed in the endnotes). Results showed that if the men did four or five of the following behaviors, their risk for cognitive (mental) decline and dementia (including Alzheimer's) fell by 60 percent: ~ Norman Doidge
59 quotes by Norman Doidge
I used to wear different rings when I first got called Ringo in about 19, about, umm, '59 I got called Ringo. ~ Ringo Starr
59 quotes by Ringo Starr
He bears the accidents of life with dignity and grace, making the best of his circumstances, like a skilful general who marshals his limited forces with all the strategy of war . . . . He is his own best friend, and takes delight in privacy whereas the man of no virtue or ability is his own worst enemy, and is afraid of solitude.59 ~ Will Durant
59 quotes by Will Durant
He glanced beside him then patted at his round shoulders. "Want to come up here?" "What, on your shoulders?" He grinned and shrugged. "Yeah, why not? Everyone else is doing it." The idea of a 5'9" girl sitting on a 6'4" guy made me want to laugh. We'd be the brontosaurus of the festival. The acid trippers would see us and freak the hell out. ~ Karina Halle
59 quotes by Karina Halle
Midnight is Hellen-Kelleresque, so if you ask me if I'm seeing anybody, I'll ask you what time it is. Answers are always between 12:01 AM to 11:59 PM. ~ Jarod Kintz
59 quotes by Jarod Kintz
Sometimes the Church patently tried to profit from such incidents: the Benedictine monks of Norwich Cathedral in England, encouraged by their bishop, were pioneers in the blood-libel business when in the 1140s they tried to foster in their own church a cult of an alleged young victim of the Jews called William. Unfortunately for the monks, the good folk of Norwich loathed their cathedral more than they did the Jews, and the pilgrimage to little St William never amounted to much. Other cults were more successful (see chapter 2, p. 59), and the blood-libel has remained a recurring motif in the worst atrocities against the Jews. ~ Diarmaid MacCulloch
59 quotes by Diarmaid MacCulloch
Like a 9-5 business at 4:59 pm, her legs were open. ~ Jarod Kintz
59 quotes by Jarod Kintz
I was chef to the French Presidents between '56 and '59, finished with de Gaulle, and during de Gaulle I remember serving Eisenhower, Nehru, Tito, Macmillan; those were the heads of state at the time. I never saw anyone. No one would ever, ever, ever come to the kitchen. You couldn't even see them. ~ Jacques Pepin
59 quotes by Jacques Pepin
They watched her sit, holding the bundle up before her, the lamp just at her elbow belabored by a moth whose dark shape cast upon her face appeared captive within the delicate skull, the thin and roselit bone, like something kept in a china mask ~ Cormac McCarthy
59 quotes by Cormac McCarthy
59. Favor of God comes to people who has done their best ~ Sunday Adelaja
59 quotes by Sunday Adelaja
I'm 5'9'. So, my height's an issue. If I'm feeling sexy, I'll put on some heels-if that makes me a little taller than you, so be it. You have to be secure enough to stand next to a stallion. For a woman to feel her best, her man has to support her. ~ Keri Hilson
59 quotes by Keri Hilson
Many people profess a belief in the existence of a spiritual realm, often aligning with their religious training or background. (Recent surveys indicate that, on average, between 48 percent and 59 percent of Europeans claim to believe in an afterlife, while between 72 percent and 74 percent of people in the United States assert a belief in life after death.) But when confronted with the loss of a child, a spouse, or another deeply loved person, one may find that his or her belief set is deeply challenged, and some suffer a crisis of faith. ~ Mark Ireland
59 quotes by Mark Ireland
A sex symbol? A symbol of sex? I don't think that I am a sex symbol, although it's very flattering. I'm 59, now, so I think I'm possibly past my sell-by date. I think I am. ~ Liam Neeson
59 quotes by Liam Neeson
Hazrat Mahal, Begum of Oudh, during the national liberation uprising of 1857-59 in India headed the rebels. ~ Karl Marx
59 quotes by Karl Marx
I had a dream about you where you were an economic hero. So is the real life you like the dream you? Answer this question: If Paul Krugman and Ben Bernanke were about to die, and they only had 59 seconds left, and you could only save one, would you take a minute to think it over? ~ Jarod Kintz
59 quotes by Jarod Kintz
I really do hope that the people will like 14:59. The critics seem to like it. We got a lot of good reviews. ~ Mark McGrath
59 quotes by Mark McGrath
In the camera business, you won't survive if you don't innovate. In the guitar business you may or may not. The guitars being sold were designed between '48 and '59, Gibson SGs in '61. ~ Paul Reed Smith
59 quotes by Paul Reed Smith
On June 20, 2016, the United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR), which tracks forced displacement worldwide based on data from governments, partner agencies, and UNHCR's own reporting, issued a report stating that a total of 65.3 million people were displaced at the end of 2015, compared with 59.5 million just twelve months earlier. ~ Thomas L. Friedman
59 quotes by Thomas L. Friedman
God's presence is everywhere around us. God is able to penetrate intertwine himself within the fibers of the human self in such a way that those who are enveloped in His loving companionship will never be alone. page 59 ~ Dallas Willard
59 quotes by Dallas Willard
I have a nice little idea from some people I met there who are now in their seventies, and I want to tell their story about the revolution through the eyes of musicians, in fact. The '59 Revolution. And what has happened to them since. It's very much a Cuban story. They haven't fared too well. ~ John Gimlette
59 quotes by John Gimlette
Michael Crichton comments, "Animals raised in isolation, without parents, without guidance, were not fully functional. Zoo animals frequently could not care for their offspring, because they had never seen it done. They would ignore their infants, or roll over and crush them, or simply become annoyed with them and kill them. . . . Adapative behavior was a kind of morality; it was behavior that had evolved over many generations because it was found to succeed - behavior that allowed members of the species to cooperate, to live together, to hunt, to raise young."59 ~ Stephen Harrod Buhner
59 quotes by Stephen Harrod Buhner
I believe in the premillenial, pre-tribulational coming of Christ for all of his church, and to summarize that, your first poll, do you believe Jesus coming the second time will be in the future, I would vote yes with the 59 percent and with Billy Graham and most evangelicals. ~ Jerry Falwell
59 quotes by Jerry Falwell
Now focus. 17° 59' 0" North, 76° 44' 0" West. Down there is the Caribbean, though not the bits you might have seen in a pretty little brochure. We are beyond the aquamarine waters, with their slow manatees and graceful sea turtles, and beyond the beaches littered with sweet almonds. We have gone inland. Notice the hills, how one of them carries on its face a scar - a section where bulldozers and tractors have sunk their rusty talons into its cheeks, scraped away the brush and the trees and left behind a white crater of marl. The eyesore can be seen from ten or more miles away. To the people who live in this valley, it feels as if they wear the scar on their own skin - as if a kind of ruin has befallen them. ~ Kei Miller
59 quotes by Kei Miller
The Senate voted 59 to 39 in favor of an amendment I offered to the Budget Resolution calling on the Fed to tell the American people who they loaned $2.2 trillion to and how much each bank received. ~ Bernie Sanders
59 quotes by Bernie Sanders
According to the Gallup Poll, 24 percent of American adults exercised regularly in 1961, and 50 percent after 1968. The peak was 59 percent in 1984, dropping off to 51 percent last September. ~ Kenneth H. Cooper
59 quotes by Kenneth H. Cooper
Let's go deeper and deeper... How you know that's night and morning what does it makes you to think??
... Yeah, yeah the time... I know that, but let's removed it from the world... so reality it doesn't exist...!
... How??? how?? You can't remove it, didn't you said that??
Or my mistake?!
It gets sun set in the morning and in the night it gets sun out...
That's false thought unfortunately, what you see is just a shadow... Vsauce proved it!
So how do you understand the differences between
24:00 - PM which is counted as middle between the other day which is yesterday, if I can call it like this or after few minutes which will mean 59 it will become tomorrow, if it's Monday 24:00 Pm after 59 minutes it will become Tuesday... - (It's kind a interesting isn't it??)... now let's go little more far and the other is morning 02:01 which is the morning AM of the other day which is now yesterday. Strange! ~ Deyth Banger
59 quotes by Deyth Banger
The archbishop of St. Andrews threatened that if Knox preached, he would be shot on sight. Knox preached anyway, from Perth to Fife and beyond. As a result, the summer of 1559 saw an extraordinary revival spread throughout Scotland.59 ~ Douglas Bond
59 quotes by Douglas Bond
I was raised in Brooklyn, and I lived there for 59 years. ~ Herbie Mann
59 quotes by Herbie Mann
The one thing that is said to have surprised God is that the voice of intercession had ceased. 'And He saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor' (Isaiah 59:16). ~ Samuel Chadwick
59 quotes by Samuel Chadwick
It's easy at times to win golf tournaments and shoot 59, and sometimes it's hard to post an 85. ~ David Duval
59 quotes by David Duval
I love radio, but it's a very limited thing today. Everything has to be edited down to 3:59, and too bad if I didn't make my statement in three minutes and 59 seconds. Everybody's song has to make its point so quickly. ~ Anita Baker
59 quotes by Anita Baker
To be grounded in an attitude of compassion is to be capable of receiving and welcoming the suffering, which the other is giving us. This does not mean that we suffer for them, but that we offer them possibility of going beyond the separate self in which suffering is harbored. (59) ~ Jean-Yves Leloup
59 quotes by Jean-Yves Leloup
Imagine the earth's population of six billion people reduced to just one hundred representatives. Statistically, that makes 30 white, 70 non-white. It means 6 people own 59% of the wealth and they all live in North America. 80 are in substandard housing. One has an education. One owns a computer. Don't blame me if it all sounds crazy. ~ Grant Morrison
59 quotes by Grant Morrison
7 Precious Are Things Of Utility
Give to eat mare some meat,
Leaves for lion - its freak,
Water for the parrot to dwell,
Air for the fish - it is hell.
[58] - 1
Precious are things that be,
Prized by and of true utility,
Water for fish, parrot for air,
Meat for lion, leaves for mare.
[59] - 1 ~ Munindra Misra
59 quotes by Munindra Misra
THE GHOST OF THE AUTHOR'S MOTHER HAS A CONVERSATION WITH HIS FIANCÉE ABOUT HIGHWAYS

...and down south, honey. When the side of the road began to swell with dead and dying things, that's when us black children knew it was summer. Daddy didn't keep clocks in the house. Ain't no use when the sky round those parts always had some flames runnin' to horizon, lookin' like the sun was always out. back when I was a little girl, I swear, them white folk down south would do anything to stop another dark thing from touching the land, even the nighttime. We ain't have streetlights, or some grandmotherly voice riding through the fields on horseback tellin' us when to come inside. What we had was the stomach of a deer, split open on route 59. What we had was flies resting on the exposed insides of animals with their tongues touching the pavement. What we had was the smell of gunpowder and the promise of more to come, and, child, that'll get you home before the old folks would break out the moonshine and celebrate another day they didn't have to pull the body of someone they loved from the river. I say 'river' because I want you to always be able to look at the trees without crying. When we moved east, I learned how a night sky can cup a black girl in its hands and ask for forgiveness. My daddy sold the pistol he kept in the sock drawer and took me to the park. Those days, I used to ask him what he feared, and he always said "the bottom of a good glass." And then he stopped answer ~ Hanif Abdurraqib
59 quotes by Hanif Abdurraqib
I played varsity on all of them for four years. I'm 5'9 and that's not that tall for a center so I was a forward. I loved playing volleyball and basketball and track I was good at, but it stressed me out. ~ Bridgette Wilson
59 quotes by Bridgette Wilson
If we are looking for insurance against want and oppression, we will find it only in our neighbors' prosperity and goodwill and, beyond that, in the good health of our worldly places, our homelands. If we were sincerely looking for a place of safety, for real security and success, then we would begin to turn to our communities - and not the communities simply of our human neighbors but also of the water, earth, and air, the plants and animals, all the creatures with whom our local life is shared.
(pg. 59, "Racism and the Economy") ~ Wendell Berry
59 quotes by Wendell Berry
ze a n d st y le . A q u ic k lo o k sh o w s th a t th is fa b u lo u s g re e n su e d e $300 va lue Miu Miu b e lt is o nly $59 a nd this le a the r G uc c i to te for $199! Forg et ~ Anonymous
59 quotes by Anonymous
Dolphins Quotes «
» Butterfly Quotes