50 Yr Birthday Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 50 Yr Birthday.

Quotes About 50 Yr Birthday

Enjoy collection of 38 50 Yr Birthday quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 50 Yr Birthday. Righ click to see and save pictures of 50 Yr Birthday quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

The man who lies asleep will never waken fame, and his desire and all his life drift past him like a dream, and the traces of his memory fade from time like smoke in air, or ripples on a stream. ~ Dante Alighieri
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Dante Alighieri
During my jury selection process, we went through over 360 jurors. It took six months, all New York residents. Of the 360 jurors, over half of them had been mugged one time. Quite a number of them, maybe 30 40, 50, had been mugged twice. ~ Bernhard Goetz
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Bernhard Goetz
The trouble is, once you say something about a source, then you've pegged it down, and so now I'm reluctant to say anything. If I say I developed 50 different shapes from Mississippian tumuli, that doesn't mean they're copies of tumuli - I'm not ripping off those shapes. ~ Michael Heizer
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Michael Heizer
Yr had a region called the Fear-bog. Lactamaeon had taken her there once to see the monsters and corpses of her nightmares accumulating there from year after year of terrifying dreams. They had swum through the almost solid ground.
She had said, What is that awful stench?
Shame and secrecy, Bird-one, shame and secrecy, he had answered. ~ Joanne Greenberg
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Joanne Greenberg
I grabbed a pile of dust, and holding it up, foolishly asked for as many birthdays as the grains of dust, I forgot to ask that they be years of youth. ~ Ovid
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Ovid
I hope I'm not disturbing anything," he said with a smile.
"Just considering what birthday games Whyborne will be missing out on thanks to this wretched idea of the director's," she replied cheerfully. "I've gotten to Blind Man's Duff."
Griffin laughed. "How about Pin the Tail on -"
"Would you two stop? ~ Jordan L. Hawk
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Jordan L. Hawk
Cimil's eyes lit. "The Niccolo DiConti? What an honor!" Niccolo stood a little taller then. "Yes, I seek your assistance." Cimil rolled her eyes. "Well, no duh. You didn't abandon your queen's side, risking her wrath, to see me in my fabulous birthday suit. ~ Mimi Jean Pamfiloff
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff
There have been more than 30,000 oil wells drilled in the Gulf of Mexico in the last 50 years. This is the first time something like this has ever happened [BP Deepwater Horizon oil spill], and we need to get to the bottom of it, find out what happened, make sure it doesn't happen again. But I think it is very reasonable to continue to drill. ~ Haley Barbour
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Haley Barbour
Lately the commandant speaks more and more intimately of the führer and the latest thing- prayers, petroleum, loyalty- that he requires. The führer requires trustworthiness, electricity, boot leather. Werner is beginning to see, approaching his sixteenth birthday, that what the führer really requires is boys. Great rows of them walking to the conveyor belt to climb on. Give up cream for the führer, sleep for the führer, aluminum for the führer. Give up Reinhard Wöhlmann's father and Karl Westerholzer's father and Martin Burkhard's father. ~ Anthony Doerr
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Anthony Doerr
In an age of incompetence, I've been able to last in this crazy business. I actually know how to play my ax and write a song. That's my job. ~ Billy Joel
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Billy Joel
...Pff... there is always a reason for everything if you go deeper and deeper under the sea you will die in the same time, even you will drown however you will find the reason. It's about 50 out of 100 which will mean 50% chance you have to live and 50% there is a chance to die. ~ Deyth Banger
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Deyth Banger
Casting is 50% of your task. If you cast well, you're halfway through. ~ Susan Seidelman
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Susan Seidelman
Like a funeral, a birthday wasn't yours but for the people who loved you. ~ Stewart O'Nan
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Stewart O'Nan
On March 5th, I'm having my birthday celebration. The party starts at midnight, and ends at 12:01 AM. Don't be late! ~ Jarod Kintz
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Jarod Kintz
One begins to realize that one is getting old when the birthday candles weigh more than the cake. ~ Bette Davis
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Bette Davis
With my wife I don't get no respect. I made a toast on her birthday to 'the best woman a man ever had.' The waiter joined me. ~ Rodney Dangerfield
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Rodney Dangerfield
I've done a lot of shows that didn't do well. You have to go in with a 50-50 take on it. If it goes well, fantastic. Hope for the best and plan for the worst. ~ Amanda Righetti
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Amanda Righetti
Once I accomplish one thing and I'm satisfied, I try something else. I may be 50 and doing something totally outside of music and acting. Maybe I'll become a kindergarten teacher. ~ Kid Cudi
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Kid Cudi
The pitch we used to convince companies to spend $50 million bucks for one of our planes was that it wasn't simply a means of transportation; oh no - it was 'a productivity tool'. It allowed an executive to make good use of his travel time and a relaxed and refreshed executive could seal the deal much more effectively than his travel-worn counterpart. Yeah, right. You can always justify any obscene luxury on the grounds of productivity... ~ Joseph Finder
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Joseph Finder
On my 50th birthday in 2005, my discount-wielding AARP card came in the mail. I hurled it in the trash, put on something fabulous, and had a decadent meal. Just the thought of putting it in my wallet felt like a concession. ~ Iman
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Iman
If you talk to say any of the first 40 or 50 employees, they all feel like they were a part of the founding of the company. ~ Sam Altman
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Sam Altman
You hope that your teenage self would like and forgive your 50-year-old self. ~ Hugh Laurie
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Hugh Laurie
I have a great family, great kids. I have practically everything, you know? Sometimes I have to pinch myself. It's really true: Life starts at 50. ~ Bjorn Borg
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Bjorn Borg
McDonald's is almost 50 years old. For 47 years we had a pretty consistent track record of being able to deliver admirable sales. ~ Jim Cantalupo
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Jim Cantalupo
Films are 50 percent visual and 50 percent sound. Sometimes sound even overplays the visual. ~ David Lynch
50 Yr Birthday quotes by David Lynch
I will grant you one wish, for your birthday. Anything at all, except sex."
"Wait…what?"
"You heard me. So what do you want?" Grayson questioned, keeping calm about the whole thing.
Konnor thought those words over in his head again. He was literally telling him he could do what he wanted with him, as a birthday treat, as long as they didn't sleep together.
"Wait a minute. Are you saying that if I wanted to…" he asked, but found that he didn't want to embarrass Grayson by saying it. His eyes went there any way. They focused on his crotch withoutshame, wondering if he would get to remove clothes.
"Yes," he nodded.
"And you'd let me? Why?" he asked, too stunned to do anything else but ask.
"Because it's not your fault I'm straight. And it's not your fault you're attracted to me. If I can't give you everything you want I can at least give you a birthday to remember, right?" Grayson smiled.
Konnor felt like kissing him so hard he wouldn't be straight any more. ~ Elaine White
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Elaine  White
If you look at the world the same way when you're 50 that you did when you were 20, then you wasted 30 years. ~ Muhammad Ali
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Muhammad Ali
I met my second husband on a bus. We looked at each other and that was it. We were both married to other people at the time and behaved badly, but we didn't seem to have any choice. We were very happy for nearly 50 years and would still be together if it wasn't for the bloody railways. ~ Nina Bawden
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Nina Bawden
There was at all events one advantage in the choice of this day to my birth; my birthday throughout the whole of my childhood was a day of public rejoicing. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Friedrich Nietzsche
Oh! be thou blest with all that Heaven can send, Long health, long youth, long pleasure-and a friend. ~ Alexander Pope
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Alexander Pope
The 2012 payout will be the lowest in our history: well below 50 percent. ~ Ennio Doris
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Ennio Doris
Today is my grandfather's birthday."
"How old is he?"
"Sixty-three. It's hard to believe he was once a human being. ~ Charles M. Schulz
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Charles M. Schulz
November 20. Andrius's birthday. I had counted the days carefully. I wished him a happy birthday when I woke and thought about him while hauling logs during the day. At night, I sat by the light of the stove, reading Dombey and Son. Krasivaya. I still hadn't found the word. Maybe I'd find it if I jumped ahead. I flipped through some of the pages. A marking caught my eye. I leafed backward. Something was written in pencil in the margin of 278.
Hello, Lina. You've gotten to page 278. That's pretty good!
I gasped, then pretened I was engrossed in the book. I looked at Andrius's handwritting. I ran my finger over this elongated letters in my name. Were there more? I knew I should read onward. I couldn't wait. I turned though the pages carefully, scanning the margins.
Page 300:
Are you really on page 300 or are you skipping ahead now?
I had to stifle my laughter.
Page 322:
Dombey and Son is boring. Admit it.
Page 364:
I'm thinking of you.
Page 412:
Are you maybe thinking of me?
I closed my eyes.
Yes, I'm thinking of you. Happy birthday, Andrius. ~ Ruta Sepetys
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Ruta Sepetys
No one should die when they're 50. ~ Henry Rollins
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Henry Rollins
Monster a person though monster not human.
Monster like music. Like Beatles! Like Schumann!
World full of stupid. World full of noise.
Monster feel ANGRY. No birthday. No joys.
World full of JUNK monster not comprehend.
What is a childhood? What is a friend?
Monster and human both want the same.
Want conversation. Want love. WANT NO PAIN.
If monster speak heart: monster life only worsen.
Monster not human: BUT MONSTER A PERSON! ~ Jennifer Finney Boylan
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Jennifer Finney Boylan
I believe another one of the Song girls has a birthday coming up." He sings, "You are sixteen, going on seventeen…" I feel a strong surge of love for him, my dad who I am so lucky to have.
"What song are you singing?" Kitty interrupts.
I take Kitty's hands and spin her around the kitchen with me. "I am sixteen, going on seventeen; I know that I'm naïve. Fellows I meet may tell me I'm sweet; willingly I believe."
Daddy throws his dish towel over his shoulder and marches in place. In a deep voice he baritones, "You need someone older and wiser telling you what to do…"
"This song is sexist," Kitty says as I dip her.
"Indeed it is," Daddy agrees, swatting her with the towel. "And the boy in question was not, in fact, older and wiser. He was a Nazi in training."
Kitty skitters away from both of us. "What are you guys even talking about?"
"It's from The Sound of Music," I say.
"You mean that movie about the nun? Never seen it."
"How have you seen The Sopranos but not The Sound of Music?"
Alarmed, Daddy says, "Kitty's been watching The Sopranos?"
"Just the commercials," Kitty quickly says.
I go on singing to myself, spinning in a circle like Liesl at the gazebo. "I am sixteen going on seventeen, innocent as a rose…Fellows I meet may tell me I'm sweet, and willingly I believe…"
"Why would you just willingly believe some random fellows you don't even know?"
"It's the song, Kitty, not me! God!" I stop spinning. "Lies ~ Jenny Han
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Jenny Han
He started touching me. 'How old are you?' He ran his hands over my nose, my mouth, my eyes. I was paralysed. 'Nine. What about you?' 'Nine.' 'When's your birthday?' 'The twelfth of September. And yours?' 'The Twentieth of November.' 'What's your name?' 'Michele. Michele Amitrano. What year are you in at school?' 'The fourth. What about you?' 'The fourth.' 'Same.' 'Same' 'I'm thirsty.' I gave him the bottle ~ Niccolo Ammaniti
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Niccolo Ammaniti
If you are not comortable to deal with an opponent 50 lbs heavier than you, there is something wrong with your Jiu Jitsu ... ~ Rickson Gracie
50 Yr Birthday quotes by Rickson Gracie
Blotts Harry Quotes «
» Vigoda Abe Quotes