50 Shade Of Grey Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 50 Shade Of Grey.

Quotes About 50 Shade Of Grey

Enjoy collection of 42 50 Shade Of Grey quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 50 Shade Of Grey. Righ click to see and save pictures of 50 Shade Of Grey quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

I don't think I have the right parts to appreciate '50 Shades of Grey'. ~ Chris Colfer
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by Chris Colfer
Sometimes I wonder if there's something wrong with me. Perhaps I've spent too long in the company of my literary romantic heroes, and consequently my ideals and expectations are far too high. ~ E.L. James
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by E.L. James
NO I haven't read 50 Shades of Grey - I've been close enough to Jay Leno in real life. ~ Sarah Thyre
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by Sarah Thyre
Black and white is how it should be, but shades of grey are the colors I see. ~ Billy Joel
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by Billy Joel
Strong is the man who can pull apart his own pride and hopelessness; courageous is the man who then reaches in, near his most vital inner workings to pull out the slivers and shards of mortality that have worked their way in.
It's not about determining the shade of grey the white paint in the bucket has become, but finding where the black paint is dripping from, and stopping it. ~ Michael Brent Jones
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by Michael Brent Jones
What they would see first would be a darkening of the sky in the east - a change from empty blue to a grey-white that would gradually shade into a heavy, inky purple. And then there would be a wind - the wind that preceded a storm and carried the smell of rain on its breath. ~ Alexander McCall Smith
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by Alexander McCall Smith
Grey is the shade of life, like shadows. ~ Aporva Kala
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by Aporva Kala
This was how it had to be. The city centre had to be for all religions, and so the ubiquitous, shinning, grey had quickly become the nascent colour. Whereas the the Ardoyne rejoced in the tricolours and every shade of green, so too the Shankill kept their houses and kerbs in the Union Jack, and each side of the divided city painted their gables and drenched themselves in the rich colours which formed their history, their protection, their identity, their, and they lived under the terrible weight that came with it. In Belfast, colour was joyful, territorial, and frightening. And so the heart of the city embraced a comforting blanket of grey. ~ Steve Cavanagh
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by Steve Cavanagh
At least you used to know 'there's the villain, there's the good guy', but today there are more shades of grey. ~ Charles Roven
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by Charles Roven
Emily gazed with melancholy awe upon the castle, which she understood to be Montoni's; for, though it was now lighted up by the setting sun, the gothic greatness of its features, and its mouldering walls of dark grey stone, rendered it a gloomy and sublime object. As she gazed, the light died away on its walls, leaving a melancholy purple tint, which spread deeper and deeper, as the thin vapour crept up the mountain, while the battlements above were still tipped with splendour. From those, too, the rays soon faded, and the whole edifice was invested with the solemn duskiness of evening. Silent, lonely, and sublime, it seemed to stand the sovereign of the scene, and to frown defiance on all, who dared to invade its solitary reign. As the twilight deepened, its features became more awful in obscurity, and Emily continued to gaze, till its clustering towers were alone seen, rising over the tops of the woods, beneath whose thick shade the carriages soon after began to ascend. ~ Ann Radcliffe
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by Ann Radcliffe
Name: One Shade of Grey

Description: You'll recognise this phenomenon through an inability to tell where the pavement ends and the sky begins. Nothing has ever been achieved on a One Shade of Grey day, so if you notice one upon opening your curtains the best advice is to climb back into bed, drink gin through a straw and remember the 'Lost Sun' days of years past.
Most likely: Any of the 18 months of winter. ~ Rob Temple
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by Rob Temple
Never trust a man who can dance. ~ E.L. James
And then there she was, a girl of elegant height, perhaps eighteen or nineteen years of age - gawky and coltish, all long legs and arms, but with the promise of stunning beauty to add graceful curves to the lean lines of her body. She was dressed in a pair of my blue jeans, cut off at the tops of her muscled thighs, and my own T-shirt, tied off over her abdomen. A pentacle amulet, identical to my own, if less battered, lay over her heart, between the curves of her modest breasts. Her skin was pale, almost luminous, her hair a shade of brown-gold, like ripe wheat, her eyes a startling, storm-cloud grey in contrast. Her smile lit up her face, ~ Jim Butcher
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by Jim Butcher
Leo,you are a riot of color in my grey world". Shade Lewis to Leo Cutler (Drift) ~ Michael Dean
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by Michael Dean
I don't think [Fifty Shades of Grey is] a model for anything. Except maybe in bed. ~ E.L. James
Before his and Pushkin's advent Russian literature was purblind. What form it perceived was an outline directed by reason: it did not see color for itself but merely used the hackneyed combinations of blind noun and dog-like adjective that Europe had inherited from the ancients. The sky was blue, the dawn red, the foliage green, the eyes of beauty black, the clouds grey, and so on. It was Gogol (and after him Lermontov and Tolstoy) who first saw yellow and violet at all. That the sky could be pale green at sunrise, or the snow a rich blue on a cloudless day, would have sounded like heretical nonsense to your so-called "classical" writer, accustomed as he was to the rigid conventional color-schemes of the Eighteenth Century French school of literature. Thus the development of the art of description throughout the centuries may be profitably treated in terms of vision, the faceted eye becoming a unified and prodigiously complex organ and the dead dim "accepted colors" (in the sense of "idées reçues") yielding gradually their subtle shades and allowing new wonders of application. I doubt whether any writer, and certainly not in Russia, had ever noticed before, to give the most striking instance, the moving pattern of light and shade on the ground under trees or the tricks of color played by sunlight with leaves. ~ Vladimir Nabokov
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by Vladimir Nabokov
Most of life is grey, with a little tiny bit of black and white. We're always subject to what I call the compression industry, which is an attempt to compress a million shades of grey with a little bit of black and white to just a hundred, or to ten, or to one! ~ Bill Henson
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by Bill Henson
Adulthood isn't black and white - it's a thousand shades of grey. Or taupe. It's not who you are, it's where you are. ~ Elizabeth Noble
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by Elizabeth Noble
Shades of Grey. I haven't read it yet, but what you have to read carefully, is "Story of O" by the French writer Dominique Aury. This is actually the forerunner of all the whole SM novels and it's really good. You have to read it. ~ Theo Hutchcraft
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by Theo Hutchcraft
Politics is about a lot more than winning and losing. I think politics at its best is about compromise, shades of grey and about issues. ~ Matt Taibbi
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by Matt Taibbi
Most people are average, neither black nor white, but grey. A dirty shade of grey. To the best of my ability I tried to write about these people, about their completely average, commonplace dreams and hopes, and about their suspicious tendency towards murder. ~ Dmitri Shostakovich
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by Dmitri Shostakovich
But it was no good trying to tell about the beauty. It was just that life was beautiful beyond belief, and that is a kind of joy which has to be lived.

Sometimes, when they came down from the cirrus levels to catch a better wind, they would find themselves among the flocks of cumulus: huge towers of modeled vapor, looking as white as Monday's washing d as solid as meringues. Perhaps one of these piled-up blossoms of the sky, these snow-white droppings of a gigantic Pegasus, would lie before them several miles away. They would set their course toward it, seeing it grow bigger silently and imperceptibly, a motionless growth; and then, when they were at it, when they were about to bang their noses with a shock against its seeming solid mass, the sun would dim. Wraiths of mist suddenly moving like serpents of the air would coil about them for a second. Grey damp would be around them, and the sun, a copper penny, would fade away. The wings next to their own wings would shade into vacancy, until each bird was a lonely sound in cold annihilation, a presence after uncreation. And there they would hang in chartless nothing, seemingly without speed or left or right or top or bottom, until as suddenly as ever the copper penny glowed and the serpents writhed. Then, in a moment of time, they would be in the jeweled world once more: a sea under them like turquoise and all the gorgeous palaces of heaven new created, with the dew of Eden not yet dry. ~ T.H. White
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by T.H. White
Every pause is a precursor to new thoughts, every thought is potentially a new story, every story is a new interpretation and every interpretation is a new shade of grey. ~ Mayank S. Sengar
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by Mayank S. Sengar
Life is not all black or white, there are shades of grey as well. It is this grey shade which provides maximum opportunities and multiple interpretations. ~ Mayank S. Sengar
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by Mayank S. Sengar
They would set their course toward it, seeing it grow bigger silently and imperceptibly, a motionless growth
and then, when they were at it, when they were about to bang their noses with a shock against its seeming solid mass, the sun would dim. Wraiths of mist suddenly moving like serpents of the air would coil about them for a second. Grey damp would be around them, and the sun, a copper penny, would fade away. The wings next to their own wings would shade into vacancy, until each bird was a lonely sound in cold annihilation, a presence after uncreation. And there they would hang in chartless nothing, seemingly without speed or left or right or top or bottom, until as suddenly as ever the copper penny glowed and the serpents writhed. ~ T.H. White
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by T.H. White
So many assume the truth is either black or white ... It's all evolution or it's totally creation, for example. Reality creates consciousness; consciousness creates reality. Actually truth is inclusive, neither black nor white, nor a shade of grey. Indeed, truth is a multicolored spectrum, a beautiful hologram! ~ Peter Shepherd
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by Peter Shepherd
No new reader, however charitable, could open "Fifty Shades of Grey," browse a few paragraphs, and reasonably conclude that the author was writing in her first language, or even her fourth. ~ Anthony Lane
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by Anthony Lane
Some people will like it [Fifty Shades of Grey] and some won't. I have other movies coming up, this is not what my whole life turns around. ~ Dakota Johnson
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by Dakota Johnson
Yes, darling, that is quite a nice frock, but the hankerchief is not only the wrong shade of grey, but quite damnably tied. Let me show you, my sweet. ~ Georgette Heyer
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by Georgette Heyer
It could snow
We don't take care. The end of November came without coldness, with haunting and limp rains, pretty much leaves still laying anywhere on the sidewalks. It comes a morning with another grey, compact, closed, air changes its texture. Under the pharmacy green cross the thermometer sticks, in red, two degrees. The number, a bit blurred thins down in the space. We didn't expect it, but it grows, far inside us, the little sentence. It comes to the lips like a forgotten song: "It could snow …" We should not dare to mention it in loud voice, it is still so much autumn, all could finish in a stupid freezing sudden shower, in a fog of boredom. But the idea of a possible snow came back, it's what matters. No downhill in a sledge-trash-bag, no snowman, no children shouting,no pictures of landscape metamorphosis. Largely best then all that, because the essential snow is inside the unformulated. Before. Something we didn't know we knew. Before snow, before love, the same lack, the same dimmed grey which days' triteness creates pretending to suffocate.
We shall cross somebody:
-This time it's almost winter!
-Yes we start to be crestfallen!
Workers hang pieces of tinsel. We didn't say too much. Especially do not frighten away the slight shade of the idea. The red thermometer went down, one degree. It could snow. ~ Philippe Delerm
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by Philippe Delerm
Anya had never seen a house uglier house than Baba Yaga's. It was made entirely of mouldy bones in the same interlocking design as a log cabin. A thorny garden grew as high as the fence and skulls, bleached white by the sun, capped each fence post. Two enormous scaly chicken legs came out on either side of the house. Anya snorted in amusement and disgust. Yvan, she noticed, had turned an interesting shade of grey. ~ Amy Kuivalainen
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by Amy Kuivalainen
There are infinite shades of grey. Writing often appears so black and white. ~ Rebecca Solnit
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by Rebecca Solnit
Now I was nothing but a shade of grey - my moral compass ambiguous. ~ Jennifer L. Armentrout
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Love was that way. You could not render it in black or white. It always came down to the strange, blended shades of grey. ~ Jodi Picoult
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by Jodi Picoult
I was sorry he had not a cat, or a young dog, or better still, an old dog. But all he had to offer in the way of dumb companions was a pink and grey parrot. He used to try and teach it to say, Nihil in intellectu, etc. These first three words the bird managed well enough, but the celebrated restriction was too much for it, all you heard was a series of squawks. ~ Samuel Beckett
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by Samuel Beckett
The theme of the book is simple: a man is dying: you feel him sinking throughout the book; his thought and his memories pervade the whole with greater or lesser distinction (like the swell and fall of uneven breathing), now rolling up this image, now that, letting it ride in the wind, or even tossing it out on the shore, where it seems to move and live for a minute on its own and presently is drawn back again by grey seas where it sinks or is strangely transfigured. ~ Vladimir Nabokov
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by Vladimir Nabokov
Subject: &*%$&*&*
Date: August 23 2011 11:23
To: Anastasia Grey
Believe me when I say there are a great many things he'd like to do to your ass right now. Firing you is not one of them.
Christian Grey
CEO & Ass man, Grey Enterprises Holdings, Inc. ~ E.L. James
There are no words for this. But he stays right there, my last bit of warmth in a world turning to dust. I weep for tham all. Farley, Tristan, Walsh, Will. Shade, Bree, Tramy, Gisa, Mom, and Dad. Fighters, all of them. And Kilorn. I couldn't save him, no matter how hard I tried. I can't even save myself.
At least I have my earrings. The little specks, sharp in my skin, will stay with me until the end. I die with them, and they with me. ~ Victoria Aveyard
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by Victoria Aveyard
I am tired of the cult of youth. The cultural rejection of old age, the stigmatization of wrinkles, grey hair, of bodies furrowed by the years. I am fascinated by Diana Vreeland, Georgia O'Keeffe and Louise Bourgeois, women who have let time embrace them without ever cheating. Society today condemns this, me, I celebrate it. ~ Tom Ford
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by Tom Ford
If only she and I could shut up for ten minutes, the sex would be the best of our lives. Angry. Hard. Fast. Not love. Not even close. War. ~ R.S. Grey
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by R.S. Grey
It was like this blackness that crept into the corners of my life until everything was grey and dirty. My insides felt burnt out, like if you cut me open, all you would find would be smoke. No heart. No bones. There was nothing left, just the anger. It followed me everywhere. It sat on my bed and watched me sleep and when I had to eat, it looked at me across the table. ~ Tanya Byrne
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by Tanya Byrne
The biographer is now faced with a difficulty which it is better perhaps to confess than to gloss over. Up to this point in telling the story of Orlando's life, documents, both private and historical, have made it possible to fulfil the first duty of the biographer, which is to plod, without looking to right or left, in the indelible footprints of truth; unenticed by flowers; regardless of shade; on and on methodically till we fall plump in the grave and write finis on the tombstone above our heads. ~ Virginia Woolf
50 Shade Of Grey quotes by Virginia Woolf
The Lucky One Quotes «
» Luciaphils Quotes