50 S Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 50 S.

Quotes About 50 S

Enjoy collection of 49 50 S quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 50 S. Righ click to see and save pictures of 50 S quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

fame gives you everything you never wanted. ~ Ava Gardner
50 S quotes by Ava Gardner
[Home Economics Textbook from 1950]: "Prepare yourself. Take fifteen minutes to rest so you'll look refreshed when hubby comes home from work. Touch up makeup and put a ribbon in your hair. He's just been with work-weary people. Be a little gay. His boring day needs a lift."
Mama Celia: "Get knee-walking drunk. You've earned it. You've been with four kids under the age of seven all day. Put a ribbon in your nose and try to pull it out of your mouth. You're wasted, after all. Announce you're gay. The look on his face will give you a lift. ~ Celia Rivenbark
50 S quotes by Celia Rivenbark
When I came out of the Charity Ward of the L.A. County General Hospital in 1955 after drinking ten years without missing a night or day (except while in jail) they told me that if I ever took another drink I would be dead. I went back to my shack job and I asked her, "What the hell am I going to do now?" "We'll play the horses," she said. "Horses?" "Yeah, they run and you bet on them." She had found some money on the boulevard so we went out. I had 3 winners, one of them paid over 50 bucks. It seemed very easy. We went out a second time and I won again. That night I decided that if I mixed some wine with milk it might not hurt me. I tried a glass, half wine, half milk. I didn't die. The next glass I tried a little less milk and a little more wine. By the time the night was over I had been drinking straight wine. In the morning I got up without hemorrhaging. After that I drank and played the horses. 27 years later I am still doing both. Time is made to be wasted... ~ Charles Bukowski
50 S quotes by Charles Bukowski
If you look at films about becoming a man, coming-of-age movies are made with 12-, 16-, 40-, 50-year-olds ... For a guy to feel like he's a 100 percent grown-up is almost like giving up. Like admitting that you're on your way into the grave. ~ Kevin Bacon
50 S quotes by Kevin Bacon
I am a Christian - but sometimes I feel very removed from Christianity. The Jesus Christ that I believe in was the man who turned over the tables in the temple and threw the money-changers out - substitute T.V. evangelists if you like ... why in the West, do we spend so much money on extending the arms race instead of wiping out malaria, which could be eradicated given ten minutes worth of the world's arm budget? To me, we are living in the most un-Christian times. When I see these racketeers, the snake-oil salesmen on these right-winged television stations, asking for not your $20.00, or your $50.00, but your $100.00 in the name of Jesus Christ, I just want to throw up!! ~ Bono
50 S quotes by Bono
When I was here there was still a requirement that students had to swim 50 yards to graduate ... because Harry Elkins Widener had drowned with the sinking of the Titanic. And it made me very grateful at the time that he had not gone down in a plane crash. ~ Barney Frank
50 S quotes by Barney Frank
Age is no issue to me. I think 50 is the new 30 and 70 is the new 50. There are no rules that say you have to dress a certain way or be a certain way. ~ Tina Turner
50 S quotes by Tina Turner
The game's been good to me and I hope I've been good to the game. I'm 50 years old and I've pretty much did everything that I wanted to do in boxing. ~ Evander Holyfield
50 S quotes by Evander Holyfield
I still remember my dismay in the summer of 2007 when - for the first time in the history of planet Earth - America's share of auto production dropped below 50 percent. ~ Seth Shostak
50 S quotes by Seth Shostak
After 50, the rock 'n' roll road is a little absurd. It's very difficult to play these little places. You're out there on a rickety old bus with no place to shower. ~ Nancy Sinatra
50 S quotes by Nancy Sinatra
Form 1040 was chosen by the IRS because for every $50 you earn, you get 10 and they get 40. ~ Jay Leno
50 S quotes by Jay Leno
I got married at 19 and graduated from a commuter college in Texas that cost $50 a semester. The way I see it, I'm a janitor's daughter who became a public school teacher, a professor, and a United States Senator. America is truly a country of opportunity! ~ Elizabeth Warren
50 S quotes by Elizabeth Warren
Women are more than 50% of almost every country in the world. Countries rob themselves of the resources of women if they keep them as property. It isn't that women can't find work. It's just that women don't get paid for their work and are not recognized properly. It's something that has to be on the international agenda all the time. ~ Madeleine Albright
50 S quotes by Madeleine Albright
I start referring to sums of money as a pony, a bottle, a carpet or a monkey, quite unselfconsciously. Probably sounds ridiculous in my posh voice. One time, in the £50 game at the Vic, I try to bet a cockle and (once the word has crashed against the accent barrier and slumped unconscious on the baize) it goes as a call. Stupid really, since I'm the only one who actually pronounces the 'ck' in the middle. But this is the language, it feels normal to use it. I can't sound any funnier than Bambos does when he bets 'sirillo'. Three, or three hundred, or three thousand = a carpet, because people used to get a carpet in their cell if they were jailed for three years or more. And there used to be a carpet manufacturer called Cyril Lord. So when Bambos, in his heavy Cypriot accent, bets 'a sirillo', everyone knows exactly what he means. ~ Victoria Coren
50 S quotes by Victoria Coren
The name alone usually attracts about 50 or so curiosity seekers to the show. We know if we're playing the Policeman's Ball or something to have the proper respect, but we like to get rowdy. ~ Hank Williams III
50 S quotes by Hank Williams III
Perhaps 25 to 50 years from now, I can design a piece of music, no so that it appeals to something common in millions of people, but I can design the music so that it's exactly right for you and only you at this particular moment for your particular experience, things that have happened to you over 20 years, to you're particular mental state right now. ~ Tod Machover
50 S quotes by Tod Machover
We are losing each day an average 50 to 60 people throughout the country, if not more. If this is not civil war, then God knows what civil war is. ~ Iyad Allawi
50 S quotes by Iyad Allawi
If you're only going to give away 50 percent of your wealth ... c'mon. I'm going to do much more than that. ~ Daniel A. D'Aniello
50 S quotes by Daniel A. D'Aniello
In this book, I want to share with you some extraordinary observations that I have made in my 50 years in dentistry. I believe these experiences made me a better dentist and played a significant role in my evolution as a human being. ~ James E. Rota
50 S quotes by James E. Rota
God is fully aware of and has authorized every rebuke and every correction that comes into the life of a believer. It is truly God who "worketh in [us] both to will and to do of his good pleasure" (Phil. 2:13), and even when others "thought evil against [us]; . . . God meant it unto good" (Gen. 50:20). ~ Jim Berg
50 S quotes by Jim Berg
Architecture is a living thing. If I want to leave something to the future, it has to be able to change - but retain something of the ethos that we built up over 50 years. ~ Richard Rogers
50 S quotes by Richard Rogers
I do not deny my German identity. But I also feel Swiss. Of my eight great-grandparents, seven were born Swiss. I have been living in Switzerland for more than 50 years. ~ Klaus Schwab
50 S quotes by Klaus Schwab
Look at Michelle Pfeiffer: My God, she's 50 years old, but she is still so sexy. If I were into women, I would be totally into her. ~ Danica McKellar
50 S quotes by Danica McKellar
If you ask any couple who have been married 50 years or longer, they will tell you they've experienced it all. The same is true of the Beach Boys. ~ Mike Love
50 S quotes by Mike Love
In countries where income from labor is most equally distributed, such as the Scandinavian countries between 1970 and 1990, the top 10 percent of earners receive about 20 percent of total wages and the bottom 50 percent about 35 percent. ~ Thomas Piketty
50 S quotes by Thomas Piketty
I'm not a person who believes in the great difference between women and men as editors. But I do think that quality is key. We're very good at organizing and discipline and patience, and patience is 50 per cent of editing. You have to keep banging away at something until you get it to work. I think women are maybe better at that. ~ Thelma Schoonmaker
50 S quotes by Thelma Schoonmaker
As soon as the actor steps into the role, you probably can cut 50% of the lines because there's a person there now. And what a person does with their eyes, with their mouth, with their hands, the way they walk into a room, you can probably cut half the scene. ~ Stanley Tucci
50 S quotes by Stanley Tucci
A girl can talk about my nose, my teeth or my accent - anything that gets a conversation going is fine with me. It is weird, though, the way women respond to my body. Maybe 50 percent respond positively right away, while another 25 or 30 percent need a while to adjust to my size and to realize that ordinarily my muscles are soft, just like anyone's, only bigger. ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger
50 S quotes by Arnold Schwarzenegger
Once you cross the 50 you feel like an unsaddled horse. ~ Darrell Royal
50 S quotes by Darrell Royal
I've been smoking nearly 50 years now. I just don't feel safe breathing anything I can't see! ~ Dave Beard
50 S quotes by Dave Beard
Assume that a surgeon has discovered how to do brain surgery, that he can do only one a month, that 1,000 persons a year need such an operation if they are to survive. How is the surgeon's scarce resource to be allocated? Charge whatever price is necessary to adjust supply and demand, say $50,000! 'For shame,' some will cry. 'Your market system will save only wealthy people.' For the moment, yes. But soon there will be hundreds of surgeons who will acquire the same skill; and, as in the case of the once scarce and expensive 'miracle drugs,' the price then will be within reach of all. ~ Leonard Read
50 S quotes by Leonard Read
I need him to want me like I want and need him, and deep down I know that's not possible. ~ E.L. James
50 S quotes by E.L. James
Those 40 or 50 national correspondents who had followed Kennedy since the beginning of his electoral exertions into the November days had become more than a press corps - they had become his friends and, some of them, his most devoted admirers. ~ Theodore White
50 S quotes by Theodore White
If I were given one hour to save the world, I would spend 50 minutes defining the problem. ~ Albert Einstein
50 S quotes by Albert Einstein
I'm no good at goodbyes

-50 Ways To Say Goodbye ~ Train
50 S quotes by Train
Biology has at least 50 more interesting years. ~ James D. Watson
50 S quotes by James D. Watson
She loses 50 pounds in the film, and goes from fairly sane to totally out of her mind. So for the first part of the film I was wearing a 40 pound fat suit, which is very, very uncomfortable. But the worst part was the neck. ~ Ellen Burstyn
50 S quotes by Ellen Burstyn
There's a long-standing (50 year old) flame war within the field over whether it's "sci-fi" or "SF".SF has traditionally been looked down on by the literary establishment because, to be honest, much early SF was execrably badly written - but these days the significance of the pigeon hole is fading; we have serious mainstream authors writing stuff that is I-can't-believe-it's-not-SF, and SF authors breaking into the mainstream. If you view them as tags that point to shelves in bricks-and-mortar bookshops, how long are these genre categories going to survive in the age of the internet? ~ Charles Stross
50 S quotes by Charles Stross
The great thing about being a print journalist is that you are permitted to duck. Cameramen get killed while the writers are flat on the floor. A war correspondent for the BBC dedicated his memoir to 50 fallen colleagues, and I guarantee you they were all taking pictures. I am only alive because I am such a chicken. ~ P. J. O'Rourke
50 S quotes by P. J. O'Rourke
When you're 20 or 30, looking ahead, you see these benchmarks for relationships, career, ambition, sexuality, and they went off into infinity. When you get to 50, you look at what's ahead of you, and there's an end. It goes into a nothingness, a void. ~ Tracey Emin
50 S quotes by Tracey Emin
Drug warriors' staunch opposition to needle exchanges to prevent the spread of HIV in addicts delayed the programs' widespread introduction in most states for years. A federal ban on funding for these programs wasn't lifted until 2009. Contrast this with what happened in the U.K. At the peak of the AIDS epidemic in the mid-1990s, the HIV infection rate in IV drug users in the U.K. was about 1%. In New York City, the American epicenter, that figure was 50%. The British had introduced widespread needle exchange in 1986. That country had no heterosexual AIDS epidemic. ~ Maia Szalavitz
50 S quotes by Maia Szalavitz
Twice I have testified in congress that unbiased funding on the subject of the causes of warming would be much closer to a reality if 50% of that money was devoted to finding natural reasons for climate change. ~ Roy Spencer
50 S quotes by Roy Spencer
I like storytelling movies and more than that I like historical movies; and I think someday I'll definitely make a movie about the past 50 years history. ~ Asghar Farhadi
50 S quotes by Asghar Farhadi
I wanted to see if you could put a prototype radio station on the Internet so you wouldn't have to invest $50 million or $100 million or $150 million to buy a transmitter and a frequency. ~ Tom Leykis
50 S quotes by Tom Leykis
The number of people displaced by dams is estimated at between 40 million and 80 million, most of them in China and India. The costs of dams were on average 50% above their original estimate. Some designed to reduce flooding made it worse, and there were many unexpected environmental disadvantages, including the extinction of fish and bird species. Half the world's wetlands had been lost because of dams. ~ Paul Brown
50 S quotes by Paul Brown
One day my wife went and saw the accountant and said she's pulling the plug. She said you guys are done. I said, how bad can it be? 10 grand? She said you're not even close. It came out to almost $50,000 in alcohol for two months. ~ Zakk Wylde
50 S quotes by Zakk Wylde
If being original means having to throw paint in front of a jet turbine to hit a canvas 50 ft away then lets not be original. ~ Shepard Fairey
50 S quotes by Shepard Fairey
I don't see kids with Palm Pilots. They are not common on college campuses, except among professors. Gen Xers don't need them. They are a phenomenon of the 50-something who can't remember if his broker's number ends in 1137 or 3317. ~ Elliott Abrams
50 S quotes by Elliott Abrams
PROBLEM 1. Assume yourself richer by $300 than you are today. You are offered a choice between A. A sure gain of $100, or [72%] B. A 50% chance to gain $200 and a 50% chance to lose $0. [28%] PROBLEM 2. Assume yourself richer by $500 than you are today. You are offered a choice between A. A sure loss of $100, or [36%] B. A 50% chance to lose $200 and a 50% chance to lose $0. ~ Richard H. Thaler
50 S quotes by Richard H. Thaler
Second Act Quotes «
» 50 Shades Quotes