50 Plus Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 50 Plus.

Quotes About 50 Plus

Enjoy collection of 50 50 Plus quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 50 Plus. Righ click to see and save pictures of 50 Plus quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

I'm super careful with my skin and make sure to protect it. I always sit under an umbrella. And I'm a sunblock bully. If you're on the beach with me, I will spray you down with SPF 50-plus. ~ Eva Longoria
50 Plus quotes by Eva Longoria
Getting fired is not shameful. It just means you need to find a better fit. ~ John Tarnoff
50 Plus quotes by John Tarnoff
I have a collection of 50-plus snapback hats. ~ James Harden
50 Plus quotes by James Harden
The job you seek isn't out there in some job description, it's already inside you, aching to get out. ~ John Tarnoff
In order to create your future, you have to reconcile your past. ~ John Tarnoff
I like Jay-Z, 50 Cent and Common. But I like the underground stuff like Young Jeezy, Black Rob and Shine. I also love heavy metal like Slipknot and Pantera, It's very intense stuff. ~ Vanilla Ice
50 Plus quotes by Vanilla Ice
Being gay and being a woman has one big thing in common, which is that we both become invisible after the age of 42. Who wants a gay 50-year-old? No one, let me tell you. ~ Rupert Everett
50 Plus quotes by Rupert Everett
In light of 50 years of bondage of Eastern Europe, [invading the Soviet Union in 1948 to prevent it from acquiring nuclear weapons] was probably a reasonable thing to do. ~ Condoleezza Rice
50 Plus quotes by Condoleezza Rice
All but 50 of these officers and 200 of these sailors will return home to occupied France, rather than stay in Britain to fight the Germans. Their idea was to get out of the war ~ Charles Kaiser
50 Plus quotes by Charles Kaiser
If there is enough space on radio for Busted and McFly, who are basically the same band, or for 50,000 versions of Stereophonics and Coldplay, there must be enough room for all of us. ~ Estelle
50 Plus quotes by Estelle
He that is not handsome at 20, nor strong at 30, nor rich at 40, nor wise at 50, will never be handsome, strong, rich or wise. ~ George Herbert
50 Plus quotes by George Herbert
I'm 50-50 on glamour stuff. I'd rather put on a pair of jeans and get on my Harley and act like a guy. ~ Charlize Theron
50 Plus quotes by Charlize Theron
By the time the slave trade ended, the Caribbean had taken an estimated 50 percent of the roughly fifteen million African slaves transported to the Americas as cheap labour over a three hundred year period. In fact, up until the beginning of the 19th century, the majority of immigrants to the Americas were African. ~ Christopher Lascelles
50 Plus quotes by Christopher Lascelles
…For many years now, that way of living has been scorned, and over the last 40 or 50 years it has nearly disappeared. Even so, there was nothing wrong with it. It was an economy directly founded on the land, on the power of the sun, on thrift and skill and on the people's competence to take care of themselves. They had become dependent to some extent on manufactured goods, but as long as they stayed on their farms and made use of the great knowledge that they possessed, they could have survived foreseeable calamities that their less resourceful descendants could not survive. Now that we have come to the end of the era of cheap petroleum which fostered so great a forgetfulness, I see that we could have continued that thrifty old life fairly comfortably – could even have improved it. Now, we will have to return to it, or to a life necessarily as careful, and we will do so only uncomfortably and with much distress. Increasingly over the last maybe forty years, the thought has come to me that the old world, in which our people lived by the work of their hands, close to weather and earth, plants and animals, was the true world. And that the new world of cheap energy and ever cheaper money, honored greed and dreams of liberation from every restraint, is mostly theater. This new world seems a jumble of scenery and props never quite believable. An economy of fantasies and moods, in which it is hard to remember either the timely world of nature, or the eternal world of the prophets an ~ Wendell Berry
50 Plus quotes by Wendell Berry
I have a lifetime 100% pro-choice voting record. I understand that people disagree on this issue, but I believe that it is a woman's decision, it's a difficult decision, but it's a decision between her and her physician. I will do everything that I can in 50 states of this country to make sure that women have a choice. ~ Bernie Sanders
50 Plus quotes by Bernie Sanders
I've always believed that as an author, I do 50% of the work of storytelling, and the reader does the other 50%. There's no way I can control the story you tell yourself from my book. Your own experiences, preferences, prejudices, mood at the moment, current events in your life, needs and wants influence how you read my every word. ~ Shannon Hale
50 Plus quotes by Shannon Hale
Where I fall down is my short game. I don't practice enough, and when I have to take a half swing from 50 yards out, that's trouble. ~ Pete Sampras
50 Plus quotes by Pete Sampras
A publisher many years ago asked if I'd like to write a novel for £50. And I said, 'Absolutely.' ~ Tom Stoppard
50 Plus quotes by Tom Stoppard
A very close friend of mine keeps reminding me that since about the age of 50, I've been saying, 'I'm finished. I haven't got another one in me.' But somehow you do. ~ Athol Fugard
50 Plus quotes by Athol Fugard
I was being hated for about 40 or 50 years by the whole world, but it did not destroy me, and it did not ruin my health. And the reason is because I just did not answer them. I had my own life. ~ Yoko Ono
50 Plus quotes by Yoko Ono
As a means of subsidizing lawyers the present nuclear regulation system is well designed - but is there not perhaps a cheaper way of rewarding legal diligence? It would probably be cheaper to give each law school graduate a guaranteed salary of $50,000 a year on the condition that he (or she) not practice law. ~ Jerry Pournelle
50 Plus quotes by Jerry Pournelle
Second only to the sea, the Miami sky has been the greatest comfort in my life past 50. On a good day, when the wind blows from the south, the light here is diffuse and forgiving. ~ Iggy Pop
50 Plus quotes by Iggy Pop
In life, you gotta do something. And the medical journals keep on saying if you've got a goal or some passion in life, you'll outlive all the other guys who - the bank manager that retired. They gave him a rocking chair and he rocked himself to death. So you gotta have a passion, whatever it happens to be. Whether it's this or something else, it doesn't matter, as long as it's a reason to get out of bed every morning, as my accountant of 50 years keeps on saying. ~ James Wright
50 Plus quotes by James Wright
If we could shrink the Earth's population to a village of 100 people, with all existing human ratios staying the same, it would look like this: There would be 57 Asians, 21 Europeans, 14 from the Americas and 8 Africans. 80 would live in substandard housing. 70 would be unable to read. 50 would suffer from malnutrition. 50 per cent of the entire world's wealth would be in the hands of only 6 people. And all 6 would be citizens of the United States. ~ Ahdaf Soueif
50 Plus quotes by Ahdaf Soueif
PROBLEM 1. Assume yourself richer by $300 than you are today. You are offered a choice between A. A sure gain of $100, or [72%] B. A 50% chance to gain $200 and a 50% chance to lose $0. [28%] PROBLEM 2. Assume yourself richer by $500 than you are today. You are offered a choice between A. A sure loss of $100, or [36%] B. A 50% chance to lose $200 and a 50% chance to lose $0. ~ Richard H. Thaler
50 Plus quotes by Richard H. Thaler
The Blair government perhaps ranks as the best the U.K. has had for 50 years. It cannot match the scale of Attlee's reforms, but has a fine record of constitutional reform and economic competence. In my own areas - science and innovation - there have been well-judged and effective changes. ~ Martin Rees
50 Plus quotes by Martin Rees
Girls are 50% of the population. We deserve to represent 50% of the heroes. ~ Tamora Pierce
50 Plus quotes by Tamora Pierce
Reflectors need to be placed on trees every 50 feet so people can hike at night with flashlights. ~ Dave Barry
50 Plus quotes by Dave Barry
Prepare for the unknown, unexpected and inconceivable ... after 50 years of flying I'm still learning every time I fly. ~ Gene Cernan
50 Plus quotes by Gene Cernan
I think it is widely agreed that Carl Steinitz, over the 50 years he taught at Harvard, has been one of the most important figures in influencing the theory and practice of landscape architecture and the application of computer technology to planning. ~ Jack Dangermond
50 Plus quotes by Jack Dangermond
In perhaps 50 years, 60 years, we can finish completely this civilization, and offer to our children the possibility to invent a new story, a new poetry, a new romanticism. ~ Philippe Starck
50 Plus quotes by Philippe Starck
I enjoy speaking to other women about turning 50, and how we can enjoy it, and how we can explore it. ~ Victoria Principal
50 Plus quotes by Victoria Principal
I'm more of a tomboy than anything and then you see your name on these Top 50 Most Beautiful People lists and you're like, 'What?' ~ Lisa Marie Presley
50 Plus quotes by Lisa Marie Presley
90? 110? You know. It's a Ferrari, baby - you don't do 50 in a Ferrari. ~ Eddie Griffin
50 Plus quotes by Eddie Griffin
My old boyfriend, Warren Beatty, used to say I was a late developer,' she reflects. 'He was right. It took me 50 years to find motherhood and unconditional love.' ~ Diane Keaton
50 Plus quotes by Diane Keaton
Polio has not been eradicated by vaccination, it is lurking behind a redefinition and new diagnostic names like viral or aseptic meningitis ... According to one of the 1997 issues of the MMWR, there are some 30,000 to 50,000 cases of viral meningitis per year in the United States alone. That's where all those 30,000 - 50,000 cases of polio disappeared after the introduction of mass vaccination ~ Viera Scheibner
50 Plus quotes by Viera Scheibner
Eventually I'd like to have a family. I'd like to not be limping around when I'm 50 years old. ~ Bode Miller
50 Plus quotes by Bode Miller
For the other end of the spectrum, the 50 to 85 percent of the world's population who are not the recipients of privilege, the world they know is almost certainly worse than any their earlier counterparts knew. It is likely they are worse off materially, despite the technological changes. In substantive as opposed to formal terms, they are more, not less, subject to arbitrary constraints, since the central mechanisms are more pervasive and more efficient. And they bear the brunt of the various kinds of psychic malaise, as well as of the destructiveness of civil wars. ~ Immanuel Wallerstein
50 Plus quotes by Immanuel Wallerstein
Despite a 50 percent divorce rate for first marriages and 65 percent the second time around; despite the staggering frequency of affairs; despite the fact that monogamy is a ship sinking faster than anyone can bail it out, we continue to cling to the wreckage with absolute faith in its structural soundness. ~ Esther Perel
50 Plus quotes by Esther Perel
It turns out synthesizing DNA is very difficult. There are tens of thousands of machines around the world that make small pieces of DNA - 30 to 50 letters in length - and it's a degenerate process, so the longer you make the piece, the more errors there are. ~ Craig Venter
50 Plus quotes by Craig Venter
Student loans are destroying the imagination of youth. If there's a way of a society committing mass suicide, what better way than to take all the youngest, most energetic, creative, joyous people in your society and saddle them with, like $50,000 of debt so they have to be slaves? There goes your music. There goes your culture. There goes everything new that would pop out. And in a way, this is what's happened to our society. We're a society that has lost any ability to incorporate the interesting, creative and eccentric people. ~ David Graeber
50 Plus quotes by David Graeber
Of course, a lot of businesses want to reach students, so I funded the magazine by selling advertising. I sold something like $8,000 worth of advertising for the first edition, and that was in 1966. I printed up 50,000 copies, and I didn't even have to charge for them on the newsstand because my costs were already covered. ~ Richard Branson
50 Plus quotes by Richard Branson
Burlesque thrived during the Great Depression, and by extension, so, too, did Gypsy [Rose Lee]. Men could no longer afford to pay $5.50 to see a show on Broadway, but they could scrape together $1.00 for a matinee at a burlesque house. ~ Karen Abbott
50 Plus quotes by Karen Abbott
I don't think you can consistently be a winning trader if you're banking on being right more than 50 percent of the time. You have to figure out how to make money being right only 20 to 30 percent of the time. ~ Bill Lipschutz
50 Plus quotes by Bill Lipschutz
We are told what steps our church will have to take to cross the line that Israel crossed. If our church were to adopt, openly and officially, the errors of Sunday sacredness, the immortality of the soul, and eternal torment, then we too would become a part of fallen Babylon. (See Selected Messages, vol. 2, p. 68 and Testimonies to Ministers, pp. 61, 62.) However, we must remember that small deviations from truth lead to larger errors. Our compromises over the last 50 years need to be addressed and reversed, or we could be in real danger of adopting the major errors of Babylon. ~ Dennis Priebe
50 Plus quotes by Dennis Priebe
I reached a point towards the end on the old heart where I had trouble getting out of a chair. All I wanted to do was get out of bed in the morning and walk to my office and sit back down in the chair. Now I throw 50 pound bags of horse feed in the back of my pickup truck and I don't even think about it. I'm back doing those things. ~ Dick Cheney
50 Plus quotes by Dick Cheney
A rise of 5C would be a temperature the world has not seen for 30 to 50 million years. We've been around only 100,000 years as human beings. We don't know what that's like. ~ Nicholas Stern
50 Plus quotes by Nicholas Stern
Fifty per cent of all marriages end in divorce. But look at the bright side: the other 50 per cent end in death. ~ Richard Jeni
50 Plus quotes by Richard Jeni
When you have a Senate that is 50 Democrats and 49 Republicans and one independent, it's quite obvious that the only way we are going to get something done is if we work together. ~ John Breaux
50 Plus quotes by John Breaux
The real problem with the IRS is that they let General Electric not pay any taxes
and 50 other corporations
that's the real scandal ~ Michael Moore
50 Plus quotes by Michael Moore
Rid Of Me Quotes «
» Ageism Quotes