5 Seconds Of Summer Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 5 Seconds Of Summer.

Quotes About 5 Seconds Of Summer

Enjoy collection of 55 5 Seconds Of Summer quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 5 Seconds Of Summer. Righ click to see and save pictures of 5 Seconds Of Summer quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Hey, hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey, hey

Simmer down, simmer down
They say we're too young now to amount to anything else
But look around
We work too damn hard for this just to give it up now
If you don't swim, you'll drown
But don't move, honey

You look so perfect standing there
In my American Apparel underwear
And I know now, that I'm so down
Your lipstick stain is a work of art
I got your name tattooed in an arrow heart
And I know now, that I'm so down (hey!)

Hey, hey!
Hey, hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey, hey

Let's get out, let's get out
'Cause this deadbeat town's only here just to keep us down
While I was out, I found myself alone just thinking
If I showed up with a plane ticket
And a shiny diamond ring with your name on it
Would you wanna run away too?
'Cause all I really want is you

I made a mixtape straight out of '94
I've got your ripped skinny jeans lying on the floor

Hey, hey!
Hey, hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey, hey

And ~ 5 Seconds Of Summer
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by 5 Seconds Of Summer
I may some day get a boyfriend and eventually a husband, but you will always be my first loves." -Sheetal, 14, Qatar ~ Jazmin Williams
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Jazmin Williams
So this book is like a thank you. We want everyone to know the story of how four Western Sydney teenagers picked up their instruments and dreamt of being one of the biggest bands in the world. ~ 5 Seconds Of Summer
I got one foot in the golden life, one foot in the gutter. So close to the other side, so far from the wonder. I got one foot in the golden life, one foot in the gutter. So sick of the tug of war, that keeps pulling me under ~ 5 Seconds Of Summer
Then one day in school, I turned round to the others and said, 'Dude, what if we started a band like All Time Low? ~ 5 Seconds Of Summer
Curtain Opened, Heard the Crowd Roar ~ 5 Seconds Of Summer
You look so beautiful
No one but me knows you're insane
I feel so damn pathetic
My friends just don't get it

Cause you've got me under oath
Before you I was in a fucking rut
One day you are in the past
That night I ask you back

It started out just harmless fun
Now you've got me thinking you are the one

Cause if you wanna take me home
You know I'm ready to leave
You've got me under your spell
Please don't set me free

Cause I've been having all these nightmares
Seeing you is my only way up
Feeling so defenseless
But I'm telling you
I wouldn't change a thing

You've got me feeling strange
Cause I love to hate you so damn much
But I can't think of leaving
Cause you're what keeps me breathing

It started out just harmless fun
Now you've got me thinking you are the one

Please don't set me free

Cause I've been having all these nightmares
Seeing you is my only way up
Feeling so defenseless
But I'm telling you
I wouldn't change a thing

Please don't set me free

Calum Hood
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Calum Hood
For a while we pretended
That we never had to end it
But we knew we'd have to say goodbye
You were crying at the airport
When they finally closed the plane door
I could barely hold it all inside

Torn in two
And I know I shouldn't tell you
But I just can't stop thinking of you
Wherever you are
You
Wherever you are
Every night I almost call you
Just to say it always will be you
Wherever you are

I could fly a thousand oceans
But there's nothing that compares to
What we had, and so I walk alone

I wish I didn't have to be gone
Maybe you've already moved on
But the truth is I don't want to know

Torn in two
Wherever you are
You
Wherever you are
Wherever you are

You can say we'll be together
Someday
Nothing lasts forever
Nothing stays the same
So why can't I stop feeling this way

Torn in two
Wherever you are
You
Wherever you are
Wherever you are ~ 5 Seconds Of Summer
People ask, 'Why is it called 5 Seconds of Summer when there's four of you?' ~ Ashton Irwin
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Ashton Irwin
I wish that I could wake up with amnesia
And forget about the stupid little things
Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you
And the memories I never can escape
'Cause I'm not fine at all
No, I'm really not fine at all
Tell me this is just a dream
'Cause I'm really not fine at all ~ 5 Seconds Of Summer
I'm stuck in between a nightmare and lost dreams ~ 5 Seconds Of Summer
We feel that we fit into this fandom even if we're an outcast or misfits in this world." -Mary, 16, Philippines ~ Jazmin Williams
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Jazmin Williams
Who am I when I don't know myself? ~ 5 Seconds Of Summer
That moment when you realize not everyone is going to like you, it's a nice one. ~ Luke Hemmings
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Luke Hemmings
We live on a spinning rock suspended in darkness, which evolves around a dying star. Our spinning rock was once ruled and owned by gigantic reptiles, all over! In sea, land, and air, gigantic reptiles roamed! Then a smaller rock fell from the sky and made a hole in the ground, so big that all the giant reptiles died! We live on a spinning rock we got from dragons flying through the air, and on this rock we kill each other over things like religion and money! And on this rock we make friends, we fall in love, we work hard to earn papers so we can buy things. On this rock we have dreams at night that remind us of beautiful places we have never been to, beautiful wonders we have never imagined before... we write stories and we make books, we try to travel to other rocks around us, we wonder if anyone else is out there. Our planet, and our existence as a human species, is bizarre! Our reality is bizarre! What we think is normal, when spelled out, is not normal at all. It's only normal because we are familiar with it. We are residents of a universe that is expanding at a rate of more than 5 billion meters per every few seconds, forming new realities and new substances with each expansion! We will never become familiar with even the very tip of what actually is! So why are any of us afraid of the possibilities of what could be? Why does this frighten us, why does this scare us? When we actually never know anything at all! ~ C. JoyBell C.
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by C. JoyBell C.
The writer found that certain freshwater crustaceans, namely Californian species of Daphnia, copepods, and Gammarus when indifferent to light can be made intensely positively heliotropic by adding some acid to the fresh water, especially the weak acid CO2. When carbonated water (or beer) to the extent of about 5 c.c. or 10 c.c. is slowly and carefully added to 50 c.c. of fresh water containing these Daphnia, the animals will become intensely positive and will collect in a dense cluster on the window side of the dish. Stronger acids act in the same way but the animals are likely to die quickly. . . Alcohols act in the same way. In the case of Gammarus the positive heliotropism lasts only a few seconds, while in Daphnia it lasts from 10 to 50 minutes and can be renewed by the further careful addition of some CO2. ~ Jacques Loeb
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Jacques Loeb
I've tackled many challenges in my lifetime. The most satisfying ones were food related. Like the 2-pound burger at Fuddruckers that I had to devour in 15 minutes. Shattered it in 5 minutes and 46 seconds! Or
the Blazing Challenge at Buffalo Wild Wings: eat 12 blazing wings in 5 minutes. Killed it in 57 seconds! Quaker Steak and Lube's all-you-can- eat wings in one sitting? I may still hold the record in Madison, Wisconsin, for scarfing down 78. I'll never forget when 6 linemen and I went to a sushi restaurant during the time of the 2011 Rose Bowl in Pasadena. We didn't exactly take on an eating challenge, but we did get kicked out of the place when the owner ordered, "Go home now.
You've eaten eight hundred dollars' worth of sushi. ~ Jake Byrne
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Jake Byrne
History reveals that groups of human beings are capable of systematically killing members of other human groups. Humans have killed other humans: six million Jews, hundreds of thousands of Native Americans, and over 110,000 Japanese, the latter within a matter of seconds at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. John Hodge (1975) estimates that 150 million lives were lost in the slave trade of blacks from Africa. More than 5,000 blacks were lynched in the United States between 1882 and 1939. Just as a child who witnesses her mother being battered by her father feels physically threatened, women who witness male-male violence also feel physically threatened. The observation of violence among others creates fear of physical violence and thus constitutes emotional violence. ~ Dee L.R. Graham
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Dee L.R. Graham
Much to the scientists' surprise, the men, after seeing an emotional face for just one fifth of a second - so briefly that it was still unconscious - were more emotionally reactive than the women. But it's what happened to the men's facial muscles next that helped me explain Neil's guy face to Danielle. As the experiment proceeded, at 2.5 seconds, well into the range of conscious processing, the men's facial muscles became less emotionally responsive than the women's. The researchers concluded that the men consciously - or at least semiconsciously - suppressed showing their emotions on their faces. Meanwhile, the women's facial muscles became more emotionally responsive after 2.5 seconds. According to the researchers, this suggests that men have trained themselves, perhaps since childhood, to automatically turn off or disguise facial emotions. The females' expressions not only continued to mirror the emotion they were seeing on the face in the photo, but they automatically exaggerated it, from a grin to a big smile or from a subtle frown to a pout. They, too, had been practicing this since childhood. ~ Louann Brizendine
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Louann Brizendine
If you have one of those impulses that are pulling you, if you don't marry it with an action within 5 seconds, you pull the emergency break and kill the idea. ~ Mel Robbins
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Mel Robbins
What name shall we give it which hath no name, the common eternal matter of the mind? If we were to call it essence, some might think it meant perfume, or gold, or honey. It is not even mind. It is not even discussible, groupable into words; it is not even endless, in fact it is not even mysterious or inscrutably inexplicable; it is what is; it is that; it is this. We could easily call the golden eternity "This." But "what's in a name?" asked Shakespeare. The golden eternity by another name would be as sweet. A Tathagata, a God, a Buddha by
another name, an Allah, a Sri Krishna, a Coyote, a Brahma, a Mazda, a Messiah, an Amida, an Aremedeia, a Maitreya, a Palalakonuh, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 would be as sweet. The golden eternity is X, the golden eternity is A, the golden eternity is /, the golden eternity is O, the golden eternity is [ ], the golden eternity is t-h-e-g-o-l-d-e-n-e-t-e-r-n-i-t-y. In the beginning was the word; before the beginning, in the beginningless infinite neverendingness, was the essence. Both the word "god" and the essence of the word, are emptiness. The form of emptiness which is emptiness having taken the form of form, is what you see and hear and feel right now, and what you taste and smell and think as you read this. Wait awhile, close your eyes, let your breathing stop three seconds or so, listen to the inside silence in the womb of the world, let your hands and nerve-ends drop, re-recognize the bliss you forgot, the emptiness and essence and ecstas ~ Jack Kerouac
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Jack Kerouac
. . .In a heartbeat, you will fall right into that novel, that poem, the story that you are most in love with right now. When you learn to be able to decide in the moment to take breaks from your internal voices - even though it's only for a split second - you will be taking your first baby steps toward the full-out exhilaration of living in the midst of the wholly realized writer's life.

Then all the negatives - yes, even your cherished writer's block ego trip - will fade into background noise, then you will find silence, and your story will take over. Before you know it, you will be working calmly and clearly for hours, rather than for a couple minutes.

1 hour, not 1 second, 2 hours, not 2 seconds, 3 hours, 4 hours, 5 hours of allowing your mind to come to rest from the horrid, every day, mental chatter we lock ourselves up with - a time to anchor within the natural spaciousness that you already know instinctively, know from deep within will make you feel full inside. . . . ~ Terry Kennedy
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Terry  Kennedy
Now you can help fight the negative effects of the sun on your skin from the inside out. This doesn't replace sunscreen, but it will help protect your sensitive skin from the sun's quite harmful ultra violet rays. Servings: 2 calories: 205 | sodium: 319 mg | dietary fiber: 10.8 | total fat: 3.4 g | total carbs: 40.5 g | protein: 5.6 g Ingredients 2 ½ cups coconut water 1 ½ oranges (sliced, peeled and seeds removed) 2 kiwis (peeled and sliced) 2 tbsp flaxseeds (preferably ground or in powder form) Directions Enjoy this wonderful tasting and practical drink after blending it at high speed for at least 45 seconds. ~ Lisa Brian
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Lisa Brian
Being stupid is not as frustrating as being brilliant for 5 seconds and then average for the rest of your life ~ Garrison Wynn
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Garrison Wynn
So I take a deep breath.
Step forward.
Let go.

10 seconds and I'm trying to breathe
And I'm trying to be brave
But the truth is I'm scared out of my mind
And I have no idea what's waiting for me behind that door
And I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a heart attack
But I can't turn back now
Because there it is
The door is right in front of me
All I have to do is knock
Butthe door flies open first. ~ Tahereh Mafi
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Tahereh Mafi
I get 0.5 seconds to react to a ball, sometimes even less than that. I can't be thinking of what XYZ has said about me. I need to surrender myself to my natural instincts. My subconscious mind knows exactly what to do. It is trained to react. At home, my family doesn't discuss media coverage. ~ Sachin Tendulkar
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Sachin Tendulkar
Of course I got lipstick all over my lil' nose in about 5 seconds, nothing's changed. ~ Lorde
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Lorde
I wish to be remembered for my humor, and my passion, and above all, my ability to go from angel to asshole in 3.5 seconds, but always for something that I truly believe in. I will be one crazy ass grandma. I want you to picture this, I will have red highlights, I will have fuck me heels, I will have a really nice glass of wine that I will have made in my hand, and I will tell anyone who will listen how a smart ass from Doylsetown, Pennslyvania was gonna be a star, and the Billboard fucking Magazine made her woman of the year. ~ P Nk
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by P Nk
Once you decide on the best poison for the termination, you must work out the correct concentration. For instance, I know that five milligrams of cetratranic acid dropped into a bell-jar with a single moth will take about three seconds to stun it. I know that seven milligrams will anaesthetize it and ten is enough to kill it, providing the moth does not weight more than 3.5 grams. I also know that to kill fifty moths you need five times the concentration or volume of killing fluid, but to kill seven thousand you'd need only two hundred times the concentration. I know that potassium chloride could never kill a larger moth and potassium sulphide would only ever be strong enough to anaesthetize it. I know that cyanide kills anything. But what I don't know right now is the precise amount I will need to kill Vivien. ~ Poppy Adams
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Poppy Adams
Au milieu de l'hiver, j'apprenais enfin qu'il y avait en moi un été invincible.

(In the depths of winter, I finally learned that there lay within me an invincible summer.) ~ Albert Camus
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Albert Camus
I gave him my Order smile: sweet grin, hard eyes, reached over to my passenger seat, and pulled out my submachine gun. About twenty-seven inches long, the HK was my favorite toy for close-quarters combat. The rider's eyes went wide.
"This is an HK UMP submachine gun. Renowned for its stopping power and reliability. Cyclic rate of fire: eight hundred rounds per minute. That means I can empty this thirty-round clip into you in less than three seconds. At this range, I'll cut you in half." It wasn't strictly true but it sounded good. "You see what it says on the barrel?"
On the barrel, pretty white letters spelled out PARTY STARTER. ~ Ilona Andrews
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Ilona Andrews
Oh, girl! He's got a big one," the fortune teller exclaimed, her dark eyes briefly flickering up to Violet's face before returning back to the cards spread out in front of her. She paused for a moment as she studied them, her pointer finger tapping against her jaw. Finally, she added, "Just like a summer sausage, and I'm not talking about the snack-sized ones. And it's attached to a body that could put Dwayne Johnson to shame. What women could resist a package like that? I'd say the future is definitely going to be bright ... at least for you. ~ Rose Wynters
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Rose Wynters
I. IN WINTER

Myself
Pale mornings, and
I rise.

Still Morning
Snow air--my fingers curl.

Awakening
New snow, O pine of dawn!

Winter Echo
Thin air! My mind is gone.

The Hunter
Run! In the magpie's shadow.

No Being
I, bent. Thin nights receding.

II. IN SPRING

Spring
I walk out the world's door.

May
Oh, evening in my hair!

Spring Rain
My doorframe smells of leaves.

Song
Why should I stop
for spring?

III. IN SUMMER AND AUTUMN

Sunrise
Pale bees! O whither now?

Fields
I did not pick
a flower.

At Evening
Like leaves my feet passed by.

Cool Nights
At night bare feet on flowers!

Sleep
Like winds my eyelids close.

The Aspen's Song
The summer holds me here.

The Walker
In dream my feet are still.

Blue Mountains
A deer walks that mountain.

God of Roads
I, peregrine of noon.

September
Faint gold! O think not here.

A Lady
She's sun on autumn leaves.

Alone
I saw day's shadow strike.

A Deer
The trees rose in the dawn.

Man in Desert
His feet run as eyes blink.

Desert
The tented autumn, gone!

The End
Yvor Winters
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Yvor Winters
For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Ralph Waldo Emerson
Aw, hell!" Kyle grumbled. My gaze flickered toward him at the sound of his voice. I could just see his bright eyes around Jared's elbow, focused on me. " It didn't fall!" He complained.
Jared lundged forward, away from me. With a loud smacking sound, his fist hit Kyle's face.
Kyle's eyes rolled back in his head, and his mouth fell slack.
The room was very quiet for a few seconds.
"Um," Doc said in a mild voice, "medically speaking, I'm not sure that was the most helpful thing for his condition."
"But I feel better," Jared answered, sullen. ~ Stephenie Meyer
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Stephenie Meyer
Looking back now, success seems foreordained. It wasn't. No colonists in the history of the world had defeated their mother country on the battlefield to win their independence. Few republics had managed--or even attempted--to govern an area bigger than a city-state. Somehow, in defiance to all precedent, Washington, Hamilton, and the other founders pulled off both.
Their deliriously unlikely success--first as soldiers, then as statesmen--tends to obscure the true lessons of the American Revolution. The past places no absolute limit on the future. Even the unlikeliest changes can occur. But change requires hope--in the case of both those unlikely victories, the hope that the American people could defy all expectation to overcome their differences and set each other free.
in the summer of 1788, Alexander Hamilton carried this message to Poughkeepsie, where he pleaded with New York's leaders to trust in the possibilities of the union, and vote to ratify the new federal Constitution. Yes, he conceded, the 13 newborn states included many different kinds of people. But this did not mean that the government was bound to fail. It took an immigrant to fully understand the new nation, and to declare a fundamental hope of the American experiment: Under wise government, these diverse men and women "will be constantly assimilating, till they embrace each other, and assume the same complexion. ~ Jeremy McCarter
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Jeremy McCarter
I lost my voice and my best friend too
On swift, fierce winds and wings of blue,
The cold rain fell where beams had shone,
So I wrapped up tight and safe. Alone.

But I missed my friend, I missed my voice,
And my heart still whispered of another choice
To break out of my binding, safe, and warm,
And see what the world looked like after the storm.

So I struggled free and was greeted by
Colorful brushstrokes across the sky,
The melody of the summer breeze
And blue wings like mine in hazel trees.

On the soft, sweet air of the mountain glade,
We gathered together in cool, green shade,
And told our stories, beginnings to ends,
And found our song in the hearts of new friends. ~ Elaine Vickers
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Elaine Vickers
If you have not confronted true horrors, understood evil, suffered hopelessness and despair, found faith, and made yourself completely accountable for your own choices, actions and outcomes, then I can guarantee that any acceptance you pretend to have will be as brittle and temporary as a snowball in the middle of summer. ~ Graeme Rodaughan
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Graeme Rodaughan
The studio was filled with the rich odour of roses, and when the light summer wind stirred amidst the trees of the garden, there came through the open door the heavy scent of the lilac, or the more delicate perfume of the pink-flowering thorn. ~ Oscar Wilde
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Oscar Wilde
In the summer of 2010, I was working on a version of 'True Detective' that I was thinking might be my next novel, and it was told in these two first-person voices; Cohle and Hart's voices. ~ Nic Pizzolatto
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Nic Pizzolatto
THE GHOST OF THE AUTHOR'S MOTHER HAS A CONVERSATION WITH HIS FIANCÉE ABOUT HIGHWAYS

...and down south, honey. When the side of the road began to swell with dead and dying things, that's when us black children knew it was summer. Daddy didn't keep clocks in the house. Ain't no use when the sky round those parts always had some flames runnin' to horizon, lookin' like the sun was always out. back when I was a little girl, I swear, them white folk down south would do anything to stop another dark thing from touching the land, even the nighttime. We ain't have streetlights, or some grandmotherly voice riding through the fields on horseback tellin' us when to come inside. What we had was the stomach of a deer, split open on route 59. What we had was flies resting on the exposed insides of animals with their tongues touching the pavement. What we had was the smell of gunpowder and the promise of more to come, and, child, that'll get you home before the old folks would break out the moonshine and celebrate another day they didn't have to pull the body of someone they loved from the river. I say 'river' because I want you to always be able to look at the trees without crying. When we moved east, I learned how a night sky can cup a black girl in its hands and ask for forgiveness. My daddy sold the pistol he kept in the sock drawer and took me to the park. Those days, I used to ask him what he feared, and he always said "the bottom of a good glass." And then he stopped answer ~ Hanif Abdurraqib
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Hanif Abdurraqib
Do I get to choose
what she commands you to do? Come on, let me, it'll be fun."
Jai laughed humorlessly. "I said I don't want her commanding me to do something asinine, kid."
Charlie's grin disappeared as quickly as it had surfaced. "I told you not to call me, kid, Jinn boy. I'm what… two years younger than you,
douchebag?"
"Try five. And that's only in physical years."
"What, you trying to say I'm not mature?"
"Oh those socks you're wearing definitely are. Have you heard of detergent? A shower? Hygiene?"
"I shower, you militant, glorified fucking babysitter."
"Watch it, kid."
"Kid? I am this close to taking a swing at you, you overblown piece of-"
"Oh for the love of God!" Ari cried, throwing her hands up, her head pounding. So much for their strained peace treaty. "Shut up. Shut up. Shut
up!"Despite their matching glowers, both of them slammed their lips closed and glared at one another. Ari heaved a sigh of relief as she pulled a
chilled can of soda out of the refrigerator. At least the soda still felt nice sliding down her throat. Not the same as an ice cold Coke on a blazing
summer day but still nice. She took a refreshing swig and turned towards her male companions once again. Blasts of frost shot out from Jai's eyes
only to be met by the simmering black heat of Charlie's angry gaze. Rolling her eyes and biting back the guilt that she was somehow responsible
for the animosity between the onl ~ Samantha Young
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Samantha Young
[The Edwardian era] was a time of booming trade, of great prosperity and wealth in which the pageant of London Society took place year after year in a setting of traditional dignity and beauty. The great houses - Devonshire, Dorchester, Grosvenor, Stafford and Lansdowne House - had not yet been converted into museums, hotels and flats, and there we danced through the long summer nights till dawn. The great country-houses still flourished in their glory, and on their lawns in the green shade of trees the art of human intercourse was exquisitely practised by men and women not yet enslaved by household cares and chores who still had time to read, to talk, to listen and to think. ~ Violet Bonham Carter
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Violet Bonham Carter
Summertime And the living is easy Fish are jumpin' And the cotton is high Oh, your daddy's rich And your mama's good lookin' So hush little baby now don't you cry One of these mornin's You're gonna rise up singin' Then you'll spread your wings And take to the sky But til that mornin' Ain't nothin' can harm you With your daddy And your mammy standin' by. ~ George Gershwin
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by George Gershwin
A high upland common was this moor, two miles from end to end, and full of furze and bracken. There were no trees and not a house, nothing but a line of telegraph poles following the road, sweeping with rigidity from north to south; nailed upon one of them a small scarlet notice to stonethrowers was prominent as a wound. On so high and wide a region as Shag Moor the wind always blew, or if it did not quite blow there was a cool activity in the air. The furze was always green and growing, and, taking no account of seasons, often golden. Here in summer solitude lounged and snoozed; at other times, as now, it shivered and looked sinister. ("The Higgler") ~ A.E. Coppard
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by A.E. Coppard
I have always loved books for their reassuring heft, for their promise of new words, for their air of mystery, for their characters who lived in them, for the sublime pleasure of disappearing. But not until now, at the threshold of this perilous summer, have I ever turned to storybooks for instruction. ~ Monica Wood
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Monica Wood
Word from the outside, whether it arrived in a mail sack or a news report, seldom overshadowed the facts of our lives. We talked in facts -- work and weather, the logistics of this fence, that field -- but stories were how we spoke. A good story rose to the surface of a conversation like heavy cream, a thing to be savored and served artfully. Stored in dry wit, wrapped in dark humor, tied together with strings of anecdote, these stories told the chronology of a family, the history of a piece of land, the hardships of a certain year or a span of years, a series of events that led without pause to the present. If the stories were recent, they filtered through the door to my room late at night, voices hushed around the kitchen table as they sorted out this day and held it against others, their laughter sharp and sad and slow to come. Time was the key. Remember the time...and something in the air caught like a whisper. Back when. Back before a summer too fresh and real to talk about, a year's work stripped in a twenty-minute hailstorm; a man's right hand mangled in the belts of a combine, first day of harvest; an only son buried alive in a grain bin, suffocated in a red avalanche of wheat. ~ Judy Blunt
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Judy Blunt
The winter drew on - a season as different from the summer in those northern latitudes, as if it belonged to another solar system. Cold and stormy, it is yet full of delight for all beings that can either romp, sleep, or think it through. ~ George MacDonald
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by George MacDonald
In seconds an 'up' elevator came rushing toward them. The doors opened, revealing a mostly-empty interior.
"Sometimes," he said, "you have to go up to go down."
Liv followed him in, marveling at the scene below them. She could see the full scope of Dragon Con from her bird's eye vantage, the floor a living mass of bodies. Tiny toy-sized people in cosplay moved in bright splotches of color ten stories down. And it wasn't just one section. The atrium level was equally packed, the hallways leading to ballrooms around the hotel teaming with people. With an unsettling rush, the elevator sprang upward, the figures shrinking into specks. Liv's stomach contracted and she pulled back from the glass. They were incredibly high. ~ Danika Stone
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Danika Stone
It wasn't Dean's fault," Allie insists. "Seriously, it's all on me. I freaked out for no reason." She finally looks over at me. "See? This is why I don't like horror movies! You watch one scary movie when you're a kid and suddenly everyone who comes to your door is a serial killer."

"Are you kidding me right now? You'll watch a horror movie with my sister but not me? We have to watch the cancer movie?"

"Dicky," Summer chides. "You're being grumpy."

I glare at my sister with enough force to make her wince. "Not one word out of you," I snap. "And don't think I didn't feel you kick me right before I passed out. Who does that, Summer? Who kicks a man when he's down?"

From the corner of my eye, I see Tucker sink to the floor. He buries his face in his hands, shaking with laughter.

The EMT blocks my line of sight by squatting in front of me. "I need to examine you for a concussion."

Oh for fuck's sake. ~ Elle Kennedy
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Elle Kennedy
The world is wide; no two days are alike, nor even two hours; neither were there ever two leaves of a tree alike since the creation of the world; and the genuine productions of art, like those of nature, are all distinct from one another. ~ John Constable
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by John Constable
I grew up in those years when the Old West was passing and the New West was emerging. It was a time when we still heard echoes and already saw shadows, on moonlit nights when the coyotes yapped on the hilltops, and on hot summer afternoons when mirages shimmered, dust devils spun across the flats, and towering cumulus clouds sailed like galleons across the vast blueness of the sky. Echoes of remembrance of what men once did there, and visions of what they would do together. ~ Hal Borland
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Hal Borland
The slow turning of his affection wasn't completed that night, or the next morning, but the beginning of Mack and Maisy's summer romance began at the exact moment that Mack and Riley's ended. Of course Riley pretended it had never begun, that his preoccupation with Maisy was of no concern to her. They'd been friends and always would be. Yet inside, her heart broke in places that remained permanently jagged, places the most casual graze of memory catches in pain. ~ Patti Callahan Henry
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Patti Callahan Henry
Young women looking after a children's summer camp, the ice-cream vendor's horn (his cart is a gondola on wheels, pushed by two handles), the displays of fruit, red melons with black pips, translucent, sticky grapes
all are props for the person who can no longer be alone. [1] But the cicadas' tender and bitter chirping, the perfume of water and stars one meets on September nights, the scented paths among the lentisks and the rosebushes, all these are signs of love for the person forced to be alone. [2]
[1] That is to say, everybody.
[2] That is to say, everybody. ~ Albert Camus
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Albert Camus
Film acting is really the trick of doing moments. You rarely do a take that lasts more than 20 seconds. You really earn your spurs acting onstage. I needed to do that for myself. I would hate to say at the end of everything that I never did a stage play. ~ Sam Shepard
5 Seconds Of Summer quotes by Sam Shepard
Versatile Quotes «
» 5sos Quotes