48 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 48.

Quotes About 48

Enjoy collection of 100 48 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 48. Righ click to see and save pictures of 48 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

I've always loved shows like '48 Hours' and 'Dateline,' and I've always been passionate about getting to the truth, and journalism. ~ Regina Hall
48 quotes by Regina Hall
The theology of the cross is not a cerebral thing; it profoundly affects our Christian experience and existence, making demands upon our whole lives and turning theology into something which controls not just our thoughts, but the very way in which we experience the world around and taste the blessing and fellowship of God himself. pp.48-49 ~ Carl R. Trueman
48 quotes by Carl R. Trueman
In 2002 Hamilton crashed early in the three-week Tour of Italy, fracturing his shoulder. He kept riding, enduring such pain that he ground eleven teeth down to the roots, requiring surgery after the Tour. He finished second. "In 48 years of practicing I have never seen a man who could handle as much pain as he can," said Hamilton's physical therapist, Ole Kare Foli. ~ Tyler Hamilton
48 quotes by Tyler Hamilton
If I'm in Rome for only 48 hours, I would consider it a sin against God to not eat cacio e pepe, the most uniquely Roman of pastas, in some crummy little joint where Romans eat. I'd much rather do that than go to the Vatican. That's Rome to me. ~ Anthony Bourdain
48 quotes by Anthony Bourdain
Faith greatly shaped America's role in the world. We are a country that embodies the Bible verse from Luke chapter 12, verse 48 "From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded." ~ Marco Rubio
48 quotes by Marco Rubio
I mean, I'm 48 years old and I've been through a lot in my life - you know, loss, whether it be death, illness, separation. I mean, the failed expectations ... We all have dreams. ~ Annie Lennox
48 quotes by Annie Lennox
I was about 14, and my friend's stepdad asked me to do a 10K with him because his son - who was more into basketball - didn't want to. It was amazing, and I still remember the time I got: 48:23. ~ Sean Astin
48 quotes by Sean Astin
In '48 when I left Metro, I tried to go back to radio, but somehow just didn't do well at it. ~ Marie Windsor
48 quotes by Marie Windsor
Let no one read my principles who is not a mathematician," he famously declared (less famous is the fact that the principles he was referring to were his theories of how the aortic pulmonary valve worked). Ironically, he himself was a poor mathematician, often making simple mistakes. In one of his notes he counted up his growing library: "25 small books, 2 larger books, 16 still larger, 6 bound in vellum, 1 book with green chamois cover." This reckoning (with its charmingly haphazard system of classification) adds up to fifty, but Leonardo reached a different sum: "Total: 48," he confidently declared. ~ Ross King
48 quotes by Ross King
Archives of Internal Medicine revealed that postmenopausal women who were put on statin drugs to lower their cholesterol had a nearly 48 percent increased risk of developing diabetes compared to those who weren't given the drug. ~ David Perlmutter
48 quotes by David Perlmutter
48 Now we understand, also, that God is perfected in threes. Now, God is "perfected" in three. "Grace" is five. Seven is "completion," like the world. ~ William Branham
48 quotes by William Branham
And I've just spent the last 48 hours falling in love with a man that is not only completely out of my league, I don't even play the same sport ~ Kristen Proby
48 quotes by Kristen Proby
I will only sell coffee less than 48 hours out of the roaster to my customers, so they may enjoy coffee at its peak of flavor. I will only use the finest, most delicious and responsibly sourced beans. ~ James Freeman
48 quotes by James Freeman
According to Jeremiah 31 and Ezekiel 36, God promised to impart His law into us, to change our heart, to regenerate our spirit, and to put His Spirit within us. As a result, we have the inward law, which is actually God Himself, to produce in us not only what God requires, but also what God is. This was the reason the Lord Jesus said to His disciples, "You therefore shall be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect" (Matt. 5:48). When the divine life within us grows to perfection, we shall be perfect even as our Father is perfect. ~ Witness Lee
48 quotes by Witness Lee
I have no opinion on 48 frames a second at all. I'd be completely unsuitable to talk about that. ~ Martin Freeman
48 quotes by Martin Freeman
Of 76,000 buildings in Hiroshima 70,000 were damaged or destroyed, 48,000 totally. "It is no exaggeration to say," reports the Japanese study, "that the whole city was ruined instantaneously."2679 Material losses alone equaled the annual incomes of more than 1.1 million people. "In Hiroshima many major facilities - prefectural office, city hall, fire departments, police stations, national railroad stations, post offices, telegram and telephone offices, broadcasting station, and schools - were totally demolished or burned. Streetcars, roads, and electricity, gas, water, and sewage facilities were ruined beyond use. ~ Richard Rhodes
48 quotes by Richard Rhodes
Wall Street is being investigated, but they are not asleep while it's being done. You see where the Senate took that tax off the sales of stocks, didn't you? Saved 'em $48,000,000. Now, why don't somebody investigate the Senate and see who got to them to get that tax removed? That would be a real investigation. ~ Will Rogers
48 quotes by Will Rogers
The one thing with 3D presentations is I think that 3D itself, whether it's 24 or 48, is at a very interesting point in time. ~ Peter Jackson
48 quotes by Peter Jackson
A man may read the figure on the dial, but he cannot tell how the day goes, unless the sun shines upon the dial: we may read the Bible over, but we can not learn the purpose, till the Spirit of God shines into our hearts. O implore this blessed Spirit! It is God's prerogative-royal to teach: "I am the Lord thy God, which teacheth thee to profit." Is. 48. 17. Ministers may tell us our lesson, God only can teach us; we have lost both our hearing and eye-sight, therefore are very unfit to learn. Ever since Eve listened to the serpent, we have been deaf; and since she looked on the tree of knowledge we have been blind; but when God comes to teach, he removes these impediments. ~ Thomas Watson
48 quotes by Thomas Watson
Now at 47, 48 I am expected to do ten times better work that I did when I was 24. ~ Salman Khan
48 quotes by Salman Khan
Without a worthy opponent a man or group cannot grow stronger. ~ Robert Greene
48 quotes by Robert Greene
I thought to myself with what means, with what deceptions, with how many varied arts, with what industry a man sharpens his wits to deceive another and through these variations the world is made more beautiful. ~ Francesco Vettori
48 quotes by Francesco Vettori
42. What is the name of her first EP? Title 43. When was her first EP released? September 9, 2014 44. What was she nominated for at the 2014 American Music Awards? New Artist of the Year 45. What was she nominated for at the 2014 MTV Europe Music Awards? Best Song with a Social Message 46. What was she nominated for at the 2014 NewNowNext Awards? Best New Female Musician 47. What was she nominated for at the 2014 Capricho Awards? Revelation International 48. What was she nominated for at the 2015 People's Choice Awards? Favorite Breakout Artist and Favorite Song 49. What was she nominated for at the 2015 Grammy Awards? Record of the Year and Song of the Year 50. Which albums of hers are self-released? I'll Sing with You and Only 17 ~ Nancy Smith
48 quotes by Nancy Smith
I've had the luxury of owning my own studio, 24 analogue, 48 digital, endless effects, endless hardcore gear, that I don't have to rent, I don't get stuck with the bills, it's all mine. ~ Billy Sherwood
48 quotes by Billy Sherwood
The three great moments of my life had to be the concerts of Ellington in 1938, Dizzy in '48, and Ella in '52. ~ Boris Vian
48 quotes by Boris Vian
With 48 million subscribers through Xbox Live (silver and gold), Microsoft has a bigger audience than DirecTV. ~ Nancy Tellem
48 quotes by Nancy Tellem
Moral indignation in most cases is, 2% moral, 48% indignation, and 50% envy. ~ Vittorio De Sica
48 quotes by Vittorio De Sica
All 48 of my fights have been hard. None have been easy. All played a major key. It's the 'Mayweather Era.' I feel that every fighter is an artist and they all take pictures their own way. I'm just one of the very best artists. ~ Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
48 quotes by Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
My normal weight category is 48 kg. So for the 51 kg. category, I had to depend on lots of food and drinks before going in for the weigh-in. But that does not make my strength, my muscles. It's a little bit different. If there's a 48 kg. category, it's a perfect fit for me. ~ Mary Kom
48 quotes by Mary Kom
And you'd see that 2/28 interest only ARM mortgages were only 5.85% of the pool in early 2004, but by late 2004 they were 17.48% of the pool, and by late summer 2005 25.34% of the pool. Yet average FICO [consumer credit] scores for the pool, percent of no-doc ["Liar"] loan to value measures and other indicators were pretty static ... . The point is that these measures could stay roughly static, but the overall pool of mortgages being issued, packaged and sold off was worsening in quality, because for the same average FICO scores or the same average loan to value, you were getting a higher percentage of interest only mortgages. ~ Michael Lewis
48 quotes by Michael Lewis
I'm suggesting that, until America takes care of its debt, untangles the housing mess and gets unemployment under control, we all commit to working six days a week. Yep, move the standard 35-40 hour work week right up to 48 hours. ~ Jason Calacanis
48 quotes by Jason Calacanis
Walt Disney World is nearly 30,000 acres, or 48 square miles. That is more than 80 times the size of Monaco. Grace Kelly would have been queen of a larger and wealthier, kingdom if she'd married Uncle Walt instead of Prince Rainier. ~ Eve Zibart
48 quotes by Eve Zibart
You should be a person inside the world with knowledge of your terrain. And if you lock yourself into the 2,000-by-3,000-square-mile, lower-48 box of the United States, you're going to be frustrated by its limitations. You gotta think outside the box. ~ Chuck D
48 quotes by Chuck D
Rule # 48
Love your wife above all else ... after all, she is the one who can either keep you warm at night or make sure you never wake up. ~ J.J. McAvoy
48 quotes by J.J. McAvoy
Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?" Pointing to his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers ... (Matthew 12:48) ~ Anonymous
48 quotes by Anonymous
One instance of this failure is the case of smoke, as well as air pollution generally. In so far as the outpouring of smoke by factories pollutes the air and damages the persons and property of others, it is an invasive act. It is equivalent to an act of vandalism and in a truly free society would have been punished after court action brought by the victims. Air pollution, then, is not an example of a defect in a system of absolute property rights, but of failure on the part of the government to preserve property rights. Note that the remedy, in a free society, is not the creation of an administrative State bureau to prescribe regulations for smoke control. The remedy is judicial action to punish and proscribe pollution damage to the person and property of others.48 In ~ Murray N. Rothbard
48 quotes by Murray N. Rothbard
Guitar Player Magazine says Dick Dale is the father of Heavy Metal, blowing up 48 amplifiers, creating the first power amplifier. ~ Dick Dale
48 quotes by Dick Dale
I'm knackered. I'm knackered all the time. My stupid, tiny children wake me up at 5:48 A.M. every single morning. ~ Robert Webb
48 quotes by Robert Webb
The wonderful thing about 48 fps is the integration of live action and CG elements; that is something I learned from 'The Hobbit.' We are so used to 24 fps and the romance of celluloid ... but at 48 fps, you cannot deny the existence of these CG creations in the same time frame and space and environment as the live action. ~ Andy Serkis
48 quotes by Andy Serkis
[...] and I said to myself: Aha. George used to have a way of coping."
"When?" I said, confused. "You mean, when I was a kid?"
"Have you ever heard," you said, "of the idea of the shadow self?"
Sure, I told you. It was one of the Jungian archetypes - one of the symbols of the collective unconscious. That was pretty much all I remembered from college.
"Not bad. Do you know what function it plays, in analysis?" you asked. I shook my head. You continued. "The shadow is a frequent figure in dreams. It can appear as a kind of doppelgänger; an evil twin. It embodies our repressed desires. The dark stuff. The shameful stuff. The you-want-to-fuck-your-mother stuff." (48) ~ Justin Evans
48 quotes by Justin Evans
When I was 20, I thought anyone in the music business over 25 is past it. Then at 30, you think anyone still doing it at 35 is ridiculous. Suddenly, you find yourself at 48 and still doing it, so I don't know what to say, really. ~ Vince Clarke
48 quotes by Vince Clarke
A wife who obsesses on "fixing" her husband only succeeds in demeaning him.
pg 48 ~ Michael Ben Zehabe
48 quotes by Michael Ben Zehabe
In 1900, the average life expectancy of a US citizen was 48, so most menopausal women were dead, which is not a great place to be. ~ Sandra Tsing Loh
48 quotes by Sandra Tsing Loh
Of course I loved you, you saved my life. I wish you hadn't I wish you hadn't I wish you'd left me alone. ~ Sarah Kane
48 quotes by Sarah Kane
If it's me against 48, I feel sorry for the 48. ~ Margaret Thatcher
48 quotes by Margaret Thatcher
32 grams raw, chop it in half, get 16. Double it times three, we got 48. Which mean a whole lot of cream. Divide the profit by four. Subtract it by eight. We back to 16. ~ Foxy Brown
48 quotes by Foxy Brown
I don't hate anyone, at least not for more than 48 minutes, barring overtime. ~ Charles Barkley
48 quotes by Charles Barkley
As a teenager, I had to struggle alone to learn about myself and what it meant to be gay. Now for [48] years I've had the satisfaction of working with other gay people all across the country to get the bigots off our backs, to oil the closet door hinges, to change prejudiced hearts and minds, and to show that gay love is good for us and for the rest of the world too. It's hard work
but it's vital, and it's gratifying, and it's often fun! ~ Barbara Gittings
48 quotes by Barbara Gittings
Jesus Fulfills the Eternal Covenant

Scripture represents the Lord Jesus Christ, in all that He did and suffered for His people, as fulfilling the terms of a gracious compact or arrangement which He had entered into with His heavenly Father before the foundation of the world.

1. Jesus was sent into the world by the Father to save the people whom the Father had given to Him. Those given to Him by the Father come to Him (see and believe in Him), and none of them shall be lost. (John 6:35-40)

2. Jesus, as the good shepherd, lays down His life for His sheep. All who are "His sheep" are brought by Him into the fold and are made to hear His voice and follow Him. Notice that the Father had given the sheep to Christ! (John 10:11, 14-18, 24-29

3. Jesus, in His High Priestly Prayer, prays not for the world, but for those given to Him by the Father. In fulfillment of the Father's charge, Jesus had accomplished the work the Father had sent Him to do - to make God known to His people and to give them eternal life. (John 17:1-11, 20, 24-26)

pp. 45-48 ~ David N. Steele
48 quotes by David N. Steele
He drank his shot and remembered that Madeline had called her last boyfriend a drunk, and he had a good feeling about that, too. In his experience, women who said they hated drunks went home with them over and over again.
pg. 48 ~ Rebecca Barry
48 quotes by Rebecca Barry
...but I've been lucky lucky for each man and each woman has brought me something and left me something, and I no longer must feel like Jeffers behind a stone wall, and I've been lucky in another way for what fame I have is largely hidden and quiet and I'll hardly ever be a Henry Miller with people camping on my front lawn, the gods have been very good to me, they've kept me alive and even, still kicking, taking notes, observing, feeling the goodness of good people, feeling the miracle run up my arm like a crazy mouse. such a life, given to me at the age of 48, even though tomorrow does not know is the sweetest of the sweet dreams. ~ Charles Bukowski
48 quotes by Charles Bukowski
When art is made new, we are made new with it. We have a sense of solidarity with our own time, and of psychic energies shared and redoubled, which is just about the most satisfying thing that life has to offer. 'If that is possible,' we say to ourselves, 'then everything is possible'; a new phase in the history of human awareness has been opened up, just as it opened up when people first read Dante, or first heard Bach's 48 preludes and fugues, or first learned from Hamlet and King Lear(/I> that the complexities and contradictions of human nature could be spelled out on the stage.

This being so, it is a great exasperation to come face to face with new art and not make anything of it. Stared down by something that we don't like, don't understand and can't believe in, we feel personally affronted, as if our identity as reasonably alert and responsive human beings had been called into question. We ought to be having a good time, and we aren't. More than that, an important part of life is being withheld from us; for if any one thing is certain in this world it is that art is there to help us live, and for no other reason. ~ John Russell
48 quotes by John Russell
As it was in the age of the prophets, so it is in nearly every age: we all go mad, not only individually, but also nationally. We check manslaughter and isolated murders; we wage wars and slaughter whole peoples. Ferocity appears natural; generosity, superimposed. Since the natural often seems sacred, we seldom dare suppress or try to remake what has been called "all that fine belligerence within us." We measure manhood by the sword and are convinced that history is ultimately determined on the fields of battle. "There is no peace, says my God, for the wicked" (Isa. 57:21; cf. 48:22). ~ Abraham Joshua Heschel
48 quotes by Abraham Joshua Heschel
Anyone can sleep with a guy in 24-48 hours, but you're sending the wrong signal to the guy if you do that. ~ Steve Harvey
48 quotes by Steve Harvey
When you go through some controversy and you see your face on the news in a negative way for 48 hours ... you doubt yourself. And your friends make the difference. They become a safety net that come in and say, 'That's not the case.' And the relationships that you've built ... come to the fore. ~ Stanley A. McChrystal
48 quotes by Stanley A. McChrystal
We can never totally return to the indefensible pre-1967 borders, ... We simply cannot afford to make Israel 14.48 km (9 miles) wide again at its center. We can't allow the Palestinians to be a couple of [miles] from [Tel Aviv's] Ben-Gurion Airport in the age of shoulder-fire missiles with the capacity to shoot down jumbo jets. But that doesn't mean we must remain in every corner of the West Bank or in Gaza, where fewer than 10,000 Jews, living next to 1.3 million Palestinians, have been protected by twice as many soldiers. ~ Ehud Olmert
48 quotes by Ehud Olmert
The website didn't say how much brains
or even how many
I should eat, only that I should eat them in 48 hours OR ELSE. Why doesn't anyone pay attention to details anymore? Would it be so hard to add a simple line like, BTW, Maddy, 3 pounds of brains per week is plenty?
Seriously, am I the first new zombie ever to ask? ~ Rusty Fischer
48 quotes by Rusty Fischer
In 1965, in Reed v. Van Hoven, a court determined (237 F.Supp. 48. W.D.Mich. 1965.) that it was permissible for students to pray over their lunch at school so long as no one knew they were praying - that is, they couldn't say words or move their lips, but they could pray only if no one knew about it! ~ David Barton
48 quotes by David Barton
I love 'Robot Chicken,' 'The Boondocks' and 'America's Funniest Home Videos.' Then there's this show called 'The First 48.' It's a documentary about killings where they try and find murderers. They interrogate people and they tell on each other - it's hilarious. ~ ASAP Rocky
48 quotes by ASAP Rocky
It was not the right-wing Russians or the gun-toting settlers who carried out the Nakba. The Nakba is the legacy of Zionism's putatively socialist wing. It was the grandfathers and mothers of the "enlightened public" of today's Israel who literally drove tens of thousands of indigenous Palestinians into the sea in 1947-48 all along the Mediterranean coast, or who marched them at gunpoint to Ramallah. ~ Max Blumenthal
48 quotes by Max Blumenthal
today we read of Don Quixote with a bitter taste in the mouth, it is
almost an ordeal, which would make us seem very strange and incomprehensible
to the author and his contemporaries, – they read it with a clear
conscience as the funniest of books, it made them nearly laugh themselves
to death).To see suffering does you good, to make suffer, better still – that
On the Genealogy of Morality
48 See below, Supplementary material, pp. 153–4.
49 See below, Supplementary material, pp. 137–9, pp. 140–1, pp. 143–4.
50 Don Quixote, Book II, chs 31–7.
is a hard proposition, but an ancient, powerful, human-all-too-human
proposition to which, by the way, even the apes might subscribe: as people
say, in thinking up bizarre cruelties they anticipate and, as it were, act out
a 'demonstration' of what man will do. No cruelty, no feast: that is what
the oldest and longest period in human history teaches us – and punishment,
too, has such very strong festive aspects! – ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
48 quotes by Friedrich Nietzsche
If we all but had twenty-four hours more to live, what would we do? And for nearly all, the answer was 'Spend it with the ones I love. ~ William R. Forstchen
48 quotes by William R. Forstchen
48. Imagine, for example, someone who fucks like a whore. Someone who seems good at it, professional. Someone you can still see fucking you, in the mirror, always in the mirror, crazy fucking about three feet away, in an apartment lit by blue light, never lit by daylight, this person is always fucking you from behind in blue light and you both always seem good at it, dedicated and lost unto it, as if there is no other activity on God's given earth your bodies know how to do except fuck and be fucked like this, in this dim blue light, in this mirror. What do you call someone who fucks this way? ~ Maggie Nelson
48 quotes by Maggie Nelson
For the third year in a row, the United States has set a record for winter warmth, federal scientists reported yesterday. With an average temperature of 38.4 degrees Fahrenheit, the three-month period of December 1999 through February 2000 was the warmest winter season in the last 105 years in the contiguous 48 states, the scientists said. That mark slightly surpassed the previous record of 37.8 degrees, set a year ago. ~ William K. Stevens
48 quotes by William K. Stevens
Thank god there's no 48-hour race anywhere in the world, because chances are nobody could beat Porsche in a 48 hour race. They're probably the only cars in the world that would stand up for something like that. ~ Carroll Shelby
48 quotes by Carroll Shelby
Eloquence which does not startle I don't consider eloquence. CICERO, LETTER TO BRUTUS, 48 B.C. ~ Robert Harris
48 quotes by Robert Harris
Mike was on the rooftop scanning for targets with his Mk 48 when an insurgent grenade flew over the wall, hit him in the chest, and fell in front of him. He told us how Mike yelled, "Grenade!" before he threw himself on top of it to protect the other Teamguys and Jundis on the roof. He told us Mikey died en route to the aid station. The two Teamguys who had been next to him on the roof survived with superficial wounds. A couple of days before he was supposed to go home, Mike Monsoor gave his life to save his brothers. ~ Kevin Lacz
48 quotes by Kevin Lacz
Sometimes being lazy can get you in trouble. You ever not take a shower all weekend, just lounge around, then you're running late for work on Monday? There's always one person at work: "Something smells like smoke in here!" "Uh, I went to a barbeque on Friday night. Only had 48 hours to take a shower. Busy." ~ Jim Gaffigan
48 quotes by Jim Gaffigan
It's estimated for every $1 billion we spend on road construction, nearly 48,000 jobs are created. ~ Dennis Hastert
48 quotes by Dennis Hastert
Just seven minutes after most of Murphysboro was leveled, the Tri-State Tornado hit DeSoto at 2:48 P.M. No town in the path would proportionally suffer a higher fatality rate than this tiny village in which sixty-nine people died. Thirty-three of them were children buried in the burning ruins of the DeSoto Schoolhouse, a heartbreaking record that remains the single worst tornado-related death toll for a school in US history. One in four DeSoto children who walked off to school that day would never come home to supper. ~ Geoff Partlow
48 quotes by Geoff Partlow
The first election I remember was Dewey Truman in '48. I was, I guess, seven years old. ~ George Will
48 quotes by George Will
You're familiar with the old written law, 'Love your friend,' and its unwritten companion, 'Hate your enemy.' I'm challenging that. I'm telling you to love your enemies. Let them bring out the best in you, not the worst. When someone gives you a hard time, respond with the energies of prayer, for then you are working out of your true selves, your God-created selves. This is what God does. He gives his best - the sun to warm and the rain to nourish - to everyone, regardless: the good and bad, the nice and nasty. If all you do is love the lovable, do you expect a bonus? Anybody can do that. If you simply say hello to those who greet you, do you expect a medal? Any run-of-the-mill sinner does that. 48 "In a word, what I'm saying is, Grow up. You're kingdom subjects. Now live like it. Live out your God-created identity. Live generously and graciously toward others, the way God lives toward you." THE WORLD IS NOT A STAGE ~ Eugene H. Peterson
48 quotes by Eugene H. Peterson
When we fully know in our hearts who we are as living beings, not only emotionally, psychologically, politically, or socially, we can share a deep felt, visceral acknowledgment of each other. We can submit our interrelationship to the blue flames, unafraid of being burned away... To be 'good' people we tend to bypass the messiness of our lives in order to enter the gate of tranquility. Can the gate of tranquility really be as we imagine it? No matter which way we approach peace, it seems we must cross the burning threshold of human conditioning to enter it. So, before we leap to the universal, the true essence, or spirit, why not start where we are as human beings? We must carve a path through the flames of our human condition. We must see it for what it is, and bow to it--not a pitiful bow, but a bow of acknowledgment. By acknowledging our human condition, we acknowledge that we might not know how to end hatred and that we are not superheroes; we are human beings. [32&48] ~ Zenju Earthlyn Manuel
48 quotes by Zenju Earthlyn Manuel
Better to be honest and direct, even if it does piss off a few people.

Jaffe, Stuart. Southern Bound - A Paranormal-Mystery (Max Porter Mysteries Book 1) (p. 48). Stuart Jaffe. Kindle Edition. ~ Stuart Jaffe
48 quotes by Stuart Jaffe
I used to dream of a week-long beach vacation with white sand under my toes ... right now, I'd settle for 48 hours at a Motel 6 with some Lysol and a UV lamp. ~ Ingrid Weir
48 quotes by Ingrid Weir
I feel that the All-Star game is more like a party because its made up of a lot of elements. However the core of All-Star is still the 48 minute-game and all the fans will pay all attention to the showcase of the players excellent skills. The result of the game is not much of a concern. ~ Yao Ming
48 quotes by Yao Ming
In Toledo, people grow out. Out to the suburbs. Out to the parts of America where the economy is more vigorous. And all too often, out to 48-inch waistbands. ~ P. J. O'Rourke
48 quotes by P. J. O'Rourke
One of the nice things about being me is you show up in a town, you meet somebody interesting and entertaining, and for 48 hours, what a wonderful person to be around. You mess around, and all of that is super, super fun, and you don't have to deal with the long-term consequences of it. ~ Guy Branum
48 quotes by Guy Branum
And don't just email them once. Keep them up to date, wanting more. Give new tidbits every 1-2 weeks leading up to the launch, then email them the day before launch, 3 days into the campaign, one week into the campaign, 2 weeks and with one week and 48 hours left. Always provide updated information and a call to action. Short and sweet and frequent. ~ Patrice Williams Marks
48 quotes by Patrice Williams Marks
Twenty thousand men, fully capable of working and in the full flush of their youth, died in the gas chambers and were incinerated in the crematory ovens. It took 48 hours to exterminate them all. ~ Miklos Nyiszli
48 quotes by Miklos Nyiszli
In a Bloomberg poll, 88% of respondents said that Wall Street bonuses should either be banned outright or taxed at 50%. Just 7% said they should remain an incentive. To put that 7% figure in perspective, 6% of Americans believe the moon landings were a hoax; 7% believe Elvis lives; 24% believe that Barack Obama is a secret Muslim; 41% believe in ESP; and 48% believe in creationism. Americans will believe anything, it seems-except the idea that incentivizing bankers at systemically important institutions to take big risks makes any sense at all. ~ Felix Salmon
48 quotes by Felix Salmon
You think of movies like 'Midnight Run' and '48 Hours', those are great movies, especially 'Midnight Run.' ~ Adam McKay
48 quotes by Adam McKay
It's a shiny tin can of a day, bright but gray. Welcome to one of Florida's two overcast days per year. A Florida winter can last a brutally long 48 hours, and in that time the state's residents don't know how to cope. Probably there are more suicides on these two days in Florida than in a whole year of Seattle's drizzly existence. ~ Jarod Kintz
48 quotes by Jarod Kintz
Wealthy givers and mastery of making donors happy have made Ms. Bonner, 48, among the most ~ Anonymous
48 quotes by Anonymous
Then Cotton quotes Luke 12:48. "To whom much is given, of him God will require the more." Of course there's a catch, Spider-Man. When God is the landlord, Cotton says, "defraud him not of his rent." The price? Obedience. ~ Sarah Vowell
48 quotes by Sarah Vowell
The war is not going well and it is time to say why ... It has been fought with half-measures. It has been fought with an eye on the wishes of our 'coalition partners.' It has been fought to assuage the Arab 'street.' It has been fought to satisfy the diplomats rather than the generals ... why have we not loosed the B-52s and the B-2s to carpet-bomb Taliban positions? And why are we giving the Taliban sanctuary in their cities? We could drop leaflets giving civilians 48 hours to evacuate, after which the cities become legitimate military targets. ~ Charles Krauthammer
48 quotes by Charles Krauthammer
One recent study performed by the American Medical Association and published in the _Archives of Internal Medicine_ in January 2012 demonstrated an astounding 48 percent increased risk of diabetes among women taking statin medications.

This study involved big numbers -- more than one hundred sixty thousand postmenopausal women -- making it hard to ignore its significance and gravity. Recognizing that type 2 diabetes is a powerful risk factor for Alzheimer's disease, a relationship between statin drugs and cognitive decline or cognitive dysfunction is certainly understandable.
~ David Perlmutter, M.D., _Grain Brain_ ~ David Perlmutter
48 quotes by David Perlmutter
48 frames per second is something you have to get used to. I've got absolute belief and faith in 48 frames ... it's something that could have ramifications for the entire industry. 'The Hobbit' really is the test of that. ~ Peter Jackson
48 quotes by Peter Jackson
4 Hours, 48 Minutes and 19 Seconds here the point is that everything is possible. ~ Deyth Banger
48 quotes by Deyth Banger
According to a new poll, 48 percent of Americans believe that Hillary Clinton is honest and trustworthy. Then Hillary said, 'Actually I just made that poll up.' ~ Jimmy Fallon
48 quotes by Jimmy Fallon
If you only had 48 hours left to live, would you spend it like you normally spend your weekends? If not, why spend 2/7th of your life wasting your free time? After all, free time isn't free. Free time is the most expensive time you have, because nobody pays for it but you. But that also makes it the most valuable time you have, as you alone stand to reap the profits from spending it wisely. ~ Jarod Kintz
48 quotes by Jarod Kintz
More than 48 million men and women have served America well and faithfully in military uniform. ~ Steve Buyer
48 quotes by Steve Buyer
So, you're seeing the Rolls-Royces and the Bentley's still selling for big prices. You're seeing jewelry still selling, art works at auction. There was a diamond that sold for I think 38 million, 48 million, something like that just a week ago. So prices are back up to their highs, getting stronger and more and more people seem to have more and more money to spend. ~ Robin Leach
48 quotes by Robin Leach
Bear Market Begin Bear Market End Max DD Sept 1929 June 1932 -86.25 July 1933 March 1935 -33.9% March 1937 March 1938 -54.5% Nov 1938 April 1942 -45.8% May 1946 June 1949 -29.6% July 1957 Oct 1957 -20.6% Dec 1961 June 1962 -28% Feb 1966 Oct 1966 -22.2% Oct 1968 May 1970 -34% Jan 1973 Oct 1974 -48.2% Sept 1976 March 1978 -19.4% Nov 1980 Aug 1982 -27.1% Aug 1987 Dec 1987 -40.4% July 1990 Oct 1990 -21.2% Mar 2000 Oct 2002 -49.1% June 2008 Mar 2009 -54% Average Bear Market: -37.3% Buy and Hold since 1942 Compounded Annual Rate of Return: 8.03% Maximum Draw down: 54% Prior to this decade's two severe bear markets, most investors believed that only that the stock market can go up. ~ Andrew Abraham
48 quotes by Andrew Abraham
Whether your 28 or 48 life isn't easy we all go through it no matter what age we are. ~ Shellie Palmer
48 quotes by Shellie Palmer
At the Veracruz Mexico Temple dedication six weeks later, he spoke of the temple helping the members there. "We all have certain talents, and the Lord knows what they are," he said. "We all have limitations and the Lord knows what they are. Whatever our limitations may be, the Lord said this: 'Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect,' [Matthew 5:48.] He would not give us commandments we could not fulfill. We can become perfect in our love of God. We can become perfect in our love of our fellow men. We can become perfect in the payment of our tithing. We can become perfect in living the Word of Wisdom. We can become perfect in our home teaching. In other words, all of those degrees of perfection are within our reach... We know what we must do. ~ Heidi S. Swinton
48 quotes by Heidi S. Swinton
Some will call this self-indulgence
(They are lucky not to know its truth)
Some will know the simple fact of pain
This is becoming my normality ~ Sarah Kane
48 quotes by Sarah Kane
Nothing is higher than heaven; nothing is beyond the walls of the world; nothing is lower than hell, or more glorious than virtue.48 ~ John D. Barrow
48 quotes by John D. Barrow
I've seen 48 Stanley Cups in my life. I was about six or seven when I started going to games with my dad. ~ Al Jourgensen
48 quotes by Al Jourgensen
Drawing Odds Chart No. of Outs 1 card Turn 2 cards Flop 1 (trips) 2.2% 4.3% 2 (pocket pair) 4.3% 8.4% 3 (1 overcard) 6.5% 12.5% 4 (gutshot) 8.7% 16.5% 5 (one pair) 10.9% 20.4% 6 (two overcards) 13.0% 24.1% 7 (gutshot + 1 over) 15.2% 27.8% 8 (OESD) 17.4% 31.5% 9 (flush draw) 19.6% 35.0% 10 (gutshot + 2 overs) 21.7% 38.4% 11 (OESD + 1 over) 23.9% 41.7% 12 (flush draw + gutshot) 26.1% 45.0% 13 (OESD + pair) 28.3% 48.1% 14 (flush draw + pair) 30.4% 51.2% 15 (flush draw + OESD) 32.6% 54.1% ~ Mike Turner
48 quotes by Mike Turner
Rencoroso En Quotes «
» Dogs Are Always There For You Quotes