4000 Days Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 4000 Days.

Quotes About 4000 Days

Enjoy collection of 35 4000 Days quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 4000 Days. Righ click to see and save pictures of 4000 Days quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

It's such an awkward, strange thing that was concocted, to have auditions. Back in the old days, you'd just have a screen test, and they'd say, 'Oh, you seem natural in front of the camera,' and you'd just go do 10 pictures for Paramount or whatever. ~ Vinessa Shaw
4000 Days quotes by Vinessa Shaw
New days should be greeted like new lovers and babies toddling along a table looking back to make sure we're watching. ~ Darnell Lamont Walker
4000 Days quotes by Darnell Lamont Walker
If you ever loved anything in your life, try to remember it. If you ever betrayed anything, pretend for a moment that you have been forgiven. If you ever feared anything, pretend for an instant that those days are gone and will never return. Buy the lie and hold to it for as long as you can. Press your familiar, whatever its name, to your breast and stroke it till it purrs. ~ Roger Zelazny
4000 Days quotes by Roger Zelazny
I was in those days all about the 'fuck you'. Fuck you for not recognising how great I am. I'll do it myself. ~ Jeanette Winterson
4000 Days quotes by Jeanette Winterson
What a young musician's dream, to say, "Look at those chrome drums. Look at that 22-inch ride cymbal. I'll have those." It was one of those unparalleled exciting days of your life. ~ Neil Peart
4000 Days quotes by Neil Peart
You can get awful famous in this country in seven days. ~ Gary Hart
4000 Days quotes by Gary Hart
Jesu, Jesu, the mad days that I have spent! And to see how
many of my old acquaintance are dead! ~ William Shakespeare
4000 Days quotes by William Shakespeare
I walked down the memory lane this afternoon,
The streets have changed now after the storm;
the ruins and the residues are cleared...
But the madness in the air still remains;
Every path I took had the same old smell,
Everything once again seemed like those early youth days under the mellow sun, with you. ~ Preetilata Kumari
4000 Days quotes by Preetilata Kumari
Everyone is wondering where the Royal twins are, since they happened to miss Grom's kingship ceremony. At least I had the good sense to hold a private mating ceremony-in view of Rayna's absence and all."
Galen scowls. "He's right. We need to go home for a few days. Our father isn't as protective as your mother, but he likes to see us once in a while. Especially Rayna. She's spoiled."
Rayna nods. "It's true. I am. Besides, I need to get our mating-seal overturned."
"Aw, princess, I thought we had a good time today. You know I'll make sure you're still spoiled. Why would you want to unseal us?" Toraf says. She lets him take some of her load but turns up her nose at his attempt to kiss her cheek.
Galen ignores their marriage meltdown. ~ Anna Banks
4000 Days quotes by Anna Banks
There is such thing as a 'smart bomb' - bombs are smart these days, you know. ~ Adolfo Perez Esquivel
4000 Days quotes by Adolfo Perez Esquivel
You are trying your best to make sense of a whole new world and a whole new self. It's scary to take steps towards independence and I wish I could help you feel softer towards yourself while you explore what that actually means. The dynamic nature of your experience right now is completely normal and those high highs and low lows are a ride that you will get used to and learn to appreciate. I know you are overwhelmed by your own emotions a lot these days , and that makes you angry with yourself. But a bird's eye view shows that there is a bottleneck building up, shepherding you toward your own discovery of songwriting as a part of your essence, not just a hobby. And you aren't alone. You are about to find a maze of people who share a love of the thing that will be your lifeboat: music. ~ Sara Bareilles
4000 Days quotes by Sara Bareilles
Master of beauty, craftsman of the snowflake,
inimitable contriver,
endower of Earth so gorgeous & different from the boring Moon,
thank you for such as it is my gift.

I have made up a morning prayer to you
containing with precision everything that most matters.
'According to Thy will' the thing begins.
It took me off & on two days. It does not aim at eloquence.

You have come to my rescue again & again
in my impassable, sometimes despairing years.
You have allowed my brilliant friends to destroy themselves
and I am still here, severely damaged, but functioning.

Unknowable, as I am unknown to my guinea pigs:
how can I 'love' you?
I only as far as gratitude & awe
confidently & absolutely go.

I have no idea whether we live again.
It doesn't seem likely
from either the scientific or the philosophical point of view
but certainly all things are possible to you,
and I believe as fixedly in the Resurrection-appearances to Peter and

to Paul

as I believe I sit in this blue chair.
Only that may have been a special case
to establish their initiatory faith.

Whatever your end may be, accept my amazement.
May I stand until death forever at attention
for any your least instruction or enlightenment.
I even feel sure you will assist me again, Master of insight & beauty. ~ John Berryman
4000 Days quotes by John Berryman
There is a certain kind of respect for authenticity today that there wasn't back in the days when they did 'Cleopatra,' where everything looked like a giant motel. People want to have it be authentic in the look, and authentic in the way people behave. ~ John Milius
4000 Days quotes by John Milius
We all face difficulties, but they should not become our core. We grieve, we suffer, we weep. Challenges are experiences that help us to grow, like the winds that help strengthen the roots of the apple trees in the Cider Orchard. Storms are always temporary and should never distract us from the beautiful days that were before or will come after. Do not become so fixed on a single injustice that you can no longer remember others may be suffering near you. Like the healing of the body when it is ill, the healing of the heart requires patience. ~ Jeff Wheeler
4000 Days quotes by Jeff Wheeler
One cannot walk down an avenue, converse with a friend, enter a building, browse beneath the sandstone arches of an old arcade without meeting an instrument of time. Time is visible in all places. Clock towers, wristwatches, church bells divide years into months, months into days, days into hours, hours into seconds, each increment of time marching after the other in perfect succession. And beyond any particular clock, a vast scaffold of time, stretching across the universe, lays down the law of time equally for all. ~ Alan Lightman
4000 Days quotes by Alan Lightman
From early Colonial days, sex life in America had been based on the custom of men supporting women. That situation reached its heyday in the Twenties when it was easy for any dabbler in stocks to flaunt his manhood by lavishing an unearned income on girls. But with the stock-market crash, men were hard put even to keep their wives, let alone spend money on sex outside the home. The adjustment was much easier on women than on men, who jumped out of windows in droves, whereas I can't recall a single headline that read: KEPT GIRL LEAPS FROM LOVE NEST. ~ Anita Loos
4000 Days quotes by Anita Loos
I'm old enough to remember the days when you spoke to one person from one outlet and that was the conversation. But now what happens is you speak to people and what you say gets translated into Portuguese, then into Mandarin, through a German prism and then back into English and bears little to no resemblance between - to the exchange or - that you had initially with the journalist or to what you originally said. ~ Cate Blanchett
4000 Days quotes by Cate Blanchett
Thanks, Alice," Grant said, and to Lucas, "I don't like you, and I suspect you don't like me, but try to be fair. Don't stick yourself into this campaign. Don't sabotage me." "I'm not trying - " "Whether you're trying or not, that's the effect," Grant said. "Wait a week or ten days, let the election take place, then do your worst. But give me a chance. I've worked very hard for it. ~ John Sandford
4000 Days quotes by John Sandford
Days like today, I'm thankful for rain. My smeared mascara is... justified. ~ Alfa Holden
4000 Days quotes by Alfa Holden
Something is bothering you. I have sensed it all morning." He slid his communicator back into his pocket then took her hand in his, linking their fingers together. The action took her off guard, but she welcomed it. The first time she'd held his hand he'd been confused by it, but this was the second time in the last few days he'd initiated it. She loved it.
"Nothing, just… I was hoping that this evening we could talk about something."
His shoulders stiffened just the slightest fraction. She was getting good at reading the subtle changes in his body language. "What about?"
"Not now. I know you need to get to one of your job sites. Or there's an emergency at the Samio."
He raised a dark eyebrow. "How do you know this?"
"Because your communicator has been buzzing like crazy since we…"
Her cheeks heated up and she cleared her throat. It had started going off when she'd been sitting on his face this morning. They'd both ignored it. Then when she got out of the shower she'd found him responding to what seemed like dozens of communications, one buzz after another. The sounds had been maddening. He'd stopped responding when they left his place, but she understood how busy he was and didn't want to get in the way of that.
"Since we what?" he murmured, leaning closer as they came to a stop in front of another elevator. This one had a shiny, sleek-looking silver door.
"You know what," she whispered, glancing around.
There were two ma ~ Savannah Stuart
4000 Days quotes by Savannah Stuart
Some days there won't be a song in your heart. Sing anyway. ~ Emory Austin
4000 Days quotes by Emory Austin
It was the very nature of summer. So many long, lazy days when blissfully, nothing changes, and then everything does, all at once. ~ Sarah Dessen
4000 Days quotes by Sarah Dessen
Religion is an attempt to get control over the sensory world, in which we are placed, by means of the wish-world, which we have developed inside us as a result of biological and psychological necessities. But it cannot achieve its end. Its doctrines carry with them the stamp of the times in which they originated, the ignorant childhood days of the human race. Its consolations deserve no trust. Experience teaches us that the world is not a nursery. The ethical commands, to which religion seeks to lend its weight, require some other foundations instead, for human society cannot do without them, and it is dangerous to link up obedience to them with religious belief. If one attempts to assign to religion its place in man's evolution, it seems not so much to be a lasting acquisition, as a parallel to the neurosis which the civilized individual must pass through on his way from childhood to maturity. ~ Sigmund Freud
4000 Days quotes by Sigmund Freud
You know, when you talked about good days and bad days, do you think right now counts as the good days?"
"It depends. How do you feel right now?"
Rania closed her eyes when she said, "I feel strange. I haven't felt like this for a long time."
Zaheed took a deep breath. "How so?"
She shrugged. "Perhaps, it's because I'm in a whole new place, where I haven't set my foot before; the air smelt different and I'm talking to a stranger. It made me feel like I've just had all my memories erased and replaced with new ones. ~ Diyar Harraz
4000 Days quotes by Diyar Harraz
Every husband knows that nuclear energy is not the most powerful force on earth. It's not even a close second. The most powerful and awesome force on earth is a woman's emotions. Nothing can match it in sheer intensity and shocking impact. I truly believe that one twenty-minute outburst from a woman could power a small town for three days. ~ David E. Clarke
4000 Days quotes by David E. Clarke
Getting stopped for drunk driving in those days might mean that your entire career was over then. Not today. ~ Mark Goddard
4000 Days quotes by Mark Goddard
There are no days in the whole round year more delicious than those which often come to us in the latter half of April ... The sun trembles in his own soft rays ... The grass in the meadow seems all to have grown green since yesterday ... though there is warmth enough for a sense of luxury, there is coolness enough for exertion. ~ Thomas Wentworth Higginson
4000 Days quotes by Thomas Wentworth Higginson
God was still smiling when he went into the guest room for his suitcase. He looked in the closet and under the perfectly made bed. He even pulled out the drawers of the one armoire on the far side of the room, but couldn't find it. He was about to go back downstairs and ask Day when he turned down the long hall and walked into Day's master bedroom. His suitcase was tucked neatly in the corner. He pulled it out but immediately knew it was empty. He looked in the first dresser but those were Day's clothes. The second identical dresser was on the other side and God did a double take at his few toiletries that were neatly aligned on top. God rubbed his hand on the smooth surface and felt his heart clench at how domestic this looked.

His and his dressers…really.

God yanked off his T-shirt and threw it in the hamper along with Day's items. He washed up quickly and went back to his dresser to put on a clean shirt. His mouth dropped when he pulled out the dresser drawer. His shirts were neatly folded and placed in an organized arrangement. God went through all five drawers. His underwear, socks, shirts, sweats, all arranged neatly and in its own place.
He dropped down on the bed and thought for a minute. At first he was joking, but Day really was domesticating him. Was God ready for that? Sure he loved Day, he'd take a bullet for him, but was he ready to play house? He pinched the bridge of his nose with his thumb and middle finger at the slight tension for ~ A.E. Via
4000 Days quotes by A.E. Via
A hero," Max said.
"A weirdness-haunted victim of circumstance who spends his days looking for things."
Max grinned. "That's what I just said. ~ Tom Holt
4000 Days quotes by Tom Holt
Say you're at home and you want something, like a book, so you go online and order it from Amazon. Two days later, the book you ordered is in a box on your front porch. What if you'd just thought, 'I wish I had that book,' but you didn't do anything else? Would it be on your porch two days later?" A few ladies shook their heads. "No, it would not. Because you didn't put in an order. Think of all the times you've said, 'Why isn't this happening for me?' or 'I want this,' and nothing ever changes. Without placing your order, you're just saying words that circle in the air. ~ Karen McQuestion
4000 Days quotes by Karen McQuestion
I, the half-mad mourner of buried days, ~ Anna Akhmatova
4000 Days quotes by Anna Akhmatova
My name is Clay Jannon and those were the days when I rarely touched paper. ~ Robin Sloan
4000 Days quotes by Robin Sloan
Worst of any, however, were the fertilizer men, and those who served in the cooking rooms. These people could not be shown to the visitor,
for the odor of a fertilizer man would scare any ordinary visitor at a hundred yards, and as for the other men, who worked in tank rooms full of steam, and in some of which there were open vats near the level of the floor, their peculiar trouble was that they fell into the vats; and when they were fished out, there was never enough of them left to be worth exhibiting,
sometimes they would be overlooked for days, till all but the bones of them had gone out to the world as Durham's Pure Leaf Lard! ~ Upton Sinclair
4000 Days quotes by Upton Sinclair
O most illustrious of the days of time!
Day full of joy and benison to earth
When Thou wast born, sweet Babe of Bethlehem!
With dazzling pomp descending angels sung
Good will and peace to men, to God due praise,
Who on the errand of salvation sent
Thee, Son Beloved! of plural Unity
Essential part, made flesh that mad'st all worlds. ~ Abraham Coles
4000 Days quotes by Abraham Coles
Writing itself is a dream. There are days of self doubt and deadlines and wondering how you're going to pay the bills until you write that bestseller. But it's still the best job I've ever had. I've also been able to help a lot of people and even inspire a few and that feels great. ~ Graham Brown
4000 Days quotes by Graham Brown
Oculos Juliet Quotes «
» Preprepared Quotes