335 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 335.

Quotes About 335

Enjoy collection of 8 335 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 335. Righ click to see and save pictures of 335 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

In 1965, Gibson made the red one I use now, and a black one, which was the first black 335 they ever made. ~ Johnny Rivers
335 quotes by Johnny Rivers
(Somalia) was a watershed," said one State Department official, "The idea used to be that terrible countries were terrible because good, decent, innocent people were being oppressed by evil, thuggish leaders. Somalia changed that. Here you have a country where just about everybody is caught up in hatred and fighting. You stop an old lady on the street and ask her if she wants peace, and she'll say, yes, of course, I pray for it daily. All the things you'd expect her to say. Then ask her if she would be willing for her clan to share power with another in order to have that peace, and she'll say, 'With those murderers and thieves? I'd die first.' People in these countries - Bosnia is a more recent example - don't want peace. They want victory. They want power. Men, women, old and young. Somalia was the experience that taught us that people in these places bear much of the responsibility for things being the way they are. The hatred and the killing continues because they want it to. Or because they don't want peace enough to stop it." (pg 334-335) ~ Mark Bowden
335 quotes by Mark Bowden
The curb is the launching point for many a deed. To step off could be the start of a life-changing journey. On the other hand to push someone off could crush that person beneath the wheels of a truck. ~ Neal Shusterman
335 quotes by Neal Shusterman
As regards the whole moral twaddle of people about one another, it is time to be disgusted with it! To sit in judgment morally ought to be opposed to our taste! Let us leave this nonsense and this bad taste to those who have nothing else to do, save to drag the past a little distance further through time, and who are never themselves the present ... We, however, would seek to become what we are ... making laws for ourselves and creating ourselves! And for this purpose we must become the best students and discoverers of all the laws and necessities in the world. [335] ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
335 quotes by Friedrich Nietzsche
Are you kidding me?' Shan asked, slightly drunk, slightly dramatic, and now sitting yoga style on the floor. 'You can't write an honest novel about race in this country. If you write about how people are really affected by race, it'll be too obvious. Black writers who do literary fiction in this country, all three of them, not the ten thousand who write those bullshit ghetto books with the bright covers, have two choices: they can do precious or they can do pretentious. When you do neither, nobody knows what to do with you. So if you're going to write about race, you have to make sure it's so lyrical and subtle that the reader who doesn't read between the lines won't even know it's about race ... ' p.335 ~ Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
335 quotes by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
I figured out how to get the guitar to rumble ... I put it on the middle pickup, turn the tone know down, grab it by the wang bar, and just shake it on the floor ... a Stratocaster is pretty tough - I wouldn't recommend that anybody do that with their ES-335 ~ Stevie Ray Vaughan
335 quotes by Stevie Ray Vaughan
Anyway, it struck me now in a different light, as being yet another bit of personal meaning which had ben taken from me, stripped off like clothes I'd only borrowed or stolen. I had maybe the least persuasive case for self-pity of any human soul on the planet. Or anyway, the most hilarious. ~ Jonathan Lethem
335 quotes by Jonathan Lethem
Yes, a dark time passed over this land, but now there is something like light. ~ Dave Eggers
335 quotes by Dave Eggers
The Series Quotes «
» Hurricane Quotes