3117 Yale Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 3117 Yale.

Quotes About 3117 Yale

Enjoy collection of 33 3117 Yale quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 3117 Yale. Righ click to see and save pictures of 3117 Yale quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

John Kerry's victory over Howard Dean has completely changed the presidential race around. Now instead of the rich white guy from Yale who lives in the White house facing off against the rich white guy from Yale who lives in Vermont, he may have to face the rich white guy from Yale who lives in Massachusetts. It's a whole different game. ~ Jay Leno
3117 Yale quotes by Jay Leno
Having been kept pretty strict in prep schools, I guess I couldn't cope with all the freedom at Yale. I had a wild, wonderful time, got abysmal grades and was bounced out in my freshman year. I then came back the following fall as a repeating freshman, lasted until April and got bounced out again - for the same reason. ~ Efrem Zimbalist, Jr.
3117 Yale quotes by Efrem Zimbalist, Jr.
I grew up castrating hogs on an Iowa farm, so when I come to Washington, I'll know how to cut pork. ~ Joni Ernst
3117 Yale quotes by Joni Ernst
There are so many brilliant, trained actors of color in America. If you just think about it, every year in the spring Julliard and NYU and Yale and hundreds of schools across the country graduate classes of trained actors, and in those classes are actors of color. So to say that there aren't enough actors of color is factually inaccurate. ~ Andre Holland
3117 Yale quotes by Andre Holland
I was at Yale and I said to the poet Elizabeth Alexander, "I'm interested in the ways in which black health seems precarious in the United States." She introduced me to the term "John Henryism." And then I went back and researched it and understood that, woah, this thing I am thinking about is actually a condition that's named. ~ Claudia Rankine
3117 Yale quotes by Claudia Rankine
The Yale graduate who had refused to read outside the course curriculum (the future Pres. Taft) suddenly found himself inspired. ~ Doris Kearns Goodwin
3117 Yale quotes by Doris Kearns Goodwin
So I decided to start writing plays, and went to Yale. ~ Richard Foreman
3117 Yale quotes by Richard Foreman
Most blitz leaders have felt that by sacrificing a degree of intelligence or logistics support they gained a greater advantage in the areas of surprise or massing of effort at a critical point. No commander attacks unless he feels that he can win, though on occasion defeat locally may help to gain victory elsewhere. But the decision to attack means that the factors have all been weighed and that superiority lies in better morale, better control for the massing of effort or for quicker reaction, or better weapons. Control is often a more than adequate substitute for supply. There may be risk, but there is no rashness, where advantages outweigh disadvantages. ~ Wesley W. Yale
3117 Yale quotes by Wesley W. Yale
I was at Yale from 1953 to 1957, and I tried to commit suicide in my freshman year because I was gay, and I thought I was the only person in the school who was. I was just totally and utterly miserable. ~ Larry Kramer
3117 Yale quotes by Larry Kramer
I thought I'd died and gone to Yale. ~ Joe Biden
3117 Yale quotes by Joe Biden
I was going to Yale, for crying out loud. How could anyone think I was guilty of murder? ~ Eileen Cook
3117 Yale quotes by Eileen Cook
Knowing what you're aiming for is essential. In a famous study of Yale University students, researchers found that only 3% had written goals with plans for their achievement. Twenty years later researchers interviewed the surviving graduates and found that those 3% were worth more financially than the other 97% combined. ~ Karen McCreadie
3117 Yale quotes by Karen McCreadie
The U.S. is blessed with tremendously creative and imaginative law students at places like Chicago, Harvard, Columbia and Yale. ~ Cass Sunstein
3117 Yale quotes by Cass Sunstein
But to do it professionally is a quantum leap difference and my father had to be persuaded by these kind of Ivy League professors that I should go to the Yale Drama School, another one of the stories in there. ~ Robert Klein
3117 Yale quotes by Robert Klein
A Yale professor of military history, Micheal Howard, writing in the New York Times )January 28, 1991) quoted the military strategist Clausewitz approvingly: "The fact that a bloody slaughter is a horrifying act must make us take war more seriously, but not provide an excuse for gradually blunting our swords in the name of humanity. ~ Howard Zinn
3117 Yale quotes by Howard Zinn
I wrote fiction during my entire childhood, from age 4 to 18, and started writing plays when I went to Yale and Oxford. ~ Taiye Selasi
3117 Yale quotes by Taiye Selasi
I came from Yale, where you get an extracurricular degree in self-importance because you went there. When AIDS happened, I was treated like an outcast. And I don't like that feeling. ~ Larry Kramer
3117 Yale quotes by Larry Kramer
Whereas Taft discouraged the young Yale student from extracurricular reading, fearful it would detract from required courses, Roosevelt read widely yet managed to stand near the top of his class. The breath of his numerous interests allowed him to draw on knowledge across various disciplines, from zoology in philosophy and religion, from poetry and drama to history and politics. ~ Doris Kearns Goodwin
3117 Yale quotes by Doris Kearns Goodwin
No one ever taught me how to shave; no one ever sat down to watch a Braves game with me. I paid for Yale myself, I lived by myself, I taught myself how to play the guitar. I did this all on my own. ~ Kip Pardue
3117 Yale quotes by Kip Pardue
I used to teach at Yale, which was at one time a center of postmodernist literary theory. Derrida was there. Paul de Man was there. ~ Harry Frankfurt
3117 Yale quotes by Harry Frankfurt
How I Threw Big Party for Jane Austen

It was at a petting party in the White House that I first met Jane Austen. The beautiful little Englishwoman had come to our shores in response to an attractive offer from the Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer people, one of whose officers had spelled out her novel 'Pride and Prejudice' and considered it good material for a seven reel comedy. Syd Chaplin was at that time with this firm and was slated for the title role.

Miss Austen had a few weeks' time to spare before she was due in Hollywood and it fell to my lot to entertain her. I postponed my engagement with President Pierce, whom I intended to interview in regard to my pension as general in the Spanish war, and placed myself entirely at the disposal of the little authoress. She expressed a desire to see the night life of New York and I organized a party to visit Texas Guinan's. In the party, besides myself and Miss Austen, or Janey as we called her, were Brinck Thorne, then captain of the Yale football nine, and Harry Wills.*

*Editor's note: The author evidently means 'eleven,' not 'nine.'

*Author's note: Other teams would not play against Mr. Thorne unless he limited himself to eight helpers instead of the regulation ten.

After two or three rounds of drinks we decided we had had enough and a water brought us a check for $22.75. The other two men seemed to have paralysis of the arms and as I found on $1.50 in my pocket, I asked Miss Guinan if ~ Ring Lardner Jr.
3117 Yale quotes by Ring Lardner Jr.
Excellent Sheep is likely to makea lasting mark for three reasons. One, Mr. Deresiewicz spent twenty-four years in the Ivy League, graduating from Columbia and teaching for a decade at Yale.He brings the gory details. Two, the author is a striker, to put it in soccer terms. He's a vivid writer, a literary critic whose headers tend to land in the back corner of the net. Three, his indictment arrives on wheels: He takes aim at just about the entirety of upper-middle-class life in America.Mr. Deresiewicz's book is packed full of what he wants more of in American life: passionate weirdness. ~ Dwight Garner
3117 Yale quotes by Dwight Garner
Hillary Clinton lived at Wellesley and Yale. Her circle of friends was that Ivy League bunch, and they were all being trained for lives in government. They were all being trained for lives of government: CIA, State Department. ~ Rush Limbaugh
3117 Yale quotes by Rush Limbaugh
Every time I get an opponent - I mean, every time I get a chance - I'm home. ~ Pat Roberts
3117 Yale quotes by Pat Roberts
I was probably the first kid in my high school to go to Yale. I applied almost as a lark. Then, when I got there, I was the dumbest person in your class. ~ Maya Lin
3117 Yale quotes by Maya Lin
I reject the idea that the guy who comes out of Yale and goes to work in the projects in Newark is good, and the guy who goes to work for a white-shoe law firm is bad. We're all mountain rangers. We all have peaks and valleys. ~ Cory Booker
3117 Yale quotes by Cory Booker
I studied literature and Italian at Yale. I wrote my thesis about Italo Svevo, one of my heroes. ~ Nathaniel Rich
3117 Yale quotes by Nathaniel Rich
And I love it when your hair still wet cause you just took a shower. Runnin on a treadmill and only eating salad. Sound so smart like you graduated college, like you went to Yale but you probably went to Howard. ~ Drake
3117 Yale quotes by Drake
If all the girls attending [the Yale prom] were laid end to end, I wouldn't be at all surprised. ~ Dorothy Parker
3117 Yale quotes by Dorothy Parker
They also knew that there was a string of DNA at the end of each chromosome called a telomere, which shortened a tiny bit each time a cell divided, like time ticking off a clock. As normal cells go through life, their telomeres shorten with each division until they're almost gone. Then they stop dividing and begin to die. This process correlates with the age of a person: the older we are, the shorter our telomeres, and the fewer times our cells have left to divide before they die. By the early nineties, a scientist at Yale had used HeLa to discover that human cancer cells contain an enzyme called telomerase that rebuilds their telomeres. The presence of telomerase meant cells could keep regenerating their telomeres indefinitely. This explained the mechanics of HeLa's immortality: telomerase constantly rewound the ticking clock at the end of Henrietta's chromosomes so they never grew old and never died. ~ Rebecca Skloot
3117 Yale quotes by Rebecca Skloot
When I'm not the Tiger Mom, I'm a professor at Yale Law School, and if one thing is clear to me from years of teaching, it's that there are many ways to produce fabulous kids. I have amazing students; some of them have strict parents, others have lenient parents, and many come from family situations that defy easy description. ~ Amy Chua
3117 Yale quotes by Amy Chua
Because I was from the Midwest and untrained, I was completely open and ready to try anything. Many of my classmates were cynical and jaded; some already had conservatory training, and they were there simply to get that Yale stamp of approval, which they saw as a career stepping-stone. ~ Laila Robins
3117 Yale quotes by Laila Robins
To go from Yale to the National League is simply to go from one form of management to another. ~ A. Bartlett Giamatti
3117 Yale quotes by A. Bartlett Giamatti
Agnolo Di Quotes «
» Ross Enamait Quotes