3 Lives Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 3 Lives.

Quotes About 3 Lives

Enjoy collection of 50 3 Lives quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 3 Lives. Righ click to see and save pictures of 3 Lives quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Once in a while, we get the briefest of glimpses of the magnificent beauty that resides in this universe. Life which happens within incomprehensible tumult, occasionally transforms itself into a clear vision of pure ecstasy in a still transcendent moment. ~ Srini Chandra
3 Lives quotes by Srini Chandra
There are no mistakes. There are only experiences. ~ Srini Chandra
Nothing disappoints an atheist more than meeting God. ~ Srini Chandra
The thing about fathers is that they are human. But, they stay bent on being heroes to their children, readily willing to give themselves up to effect improbable rescues. ~ Srini Chandra
The spirit of the universe dances to its own tune. It connects everything - dust, rocks, plants, animals, men, stars and galaxies - by this mysterious rhythm. The greatest of peace comes from surrendering to its will. ~ Srini Chandra
I know people whose lives have been transformed by a good deed. ~ Walter Moers
3 Lives quotes by Walter Moers
The traces of our life here will lie cold and still, dreaming, like the brittle eyes of dolls in an abandoned cabin, and the last men will look to them for explanations, or apologies. ~ Tim Cahill
3 Lives quotes by Tim Cahill
The spiritual heritage of the godly lives on after they are gone. ~ Max Anders
3 Lives quotes by Max Anders
There are times when I hear my name, turn, and recognize Jesus. There are times when faith feels like a friendship with God. But there are many other times when it feels more adversarial or even vacant. Yet none of that matters in the end. How we feel about Jesus or how close we feel to God is meaningless next to how God acts upon us. How God indeed enters into our messy lives and loves us through them, whether we want God's help or not. And how, even after we've experienced some sort of resurrection, it's never perfect or impressive like an Easter bonnet, because, like Jesus, resurrected bodies are always in rough shape. ~ Nadia Bolz-Weber
3 Lives quotes by Nadia Bolz-Weber
I don't think we get exempt from the pain because we live good lives. Some circumstances we can't control - in fact, most are truly beyond our abilities. Instead maybe it's how we get made new; it's one of the only times we slow down enough to listen and receive grace, real grace. ~ Katherine Reay
3 Lives quotes by Katherine Reay
Love is the best thing in the world, and the thing that lives the longest. ~ Henry Van Dyke
3 Lives quotes by Henry Van Dyke
This earth is the only constant in our lives. It has been here for millions of years before us. It was his gift to unearth its riches; that this "human-come-lately" is but the latest link in the chain of evolution.
We must become aware of our present stage of "becoming" and to do this we need to look back at our history. ~ John O'Donohue
3 Lives quotes by John O'Donohue
We enjoy freedom and the rule of law on which it depends, not because we deserve it, but because others before us put their lives on the line to defend it. ~ Thomas Sowell
3 Lives quotes by Thomas Sowell
The zeal to pray and desire to read the scriptures can transform many lives. ~ Lailah Gifty Akita
3 Lives quotes by Lailah Gifty Akita
The girls I grew up with they're living normal, adult lives. So they call me now and they're like, 'Amy, I'm pregnant.' And I still react like, 'What are you going to do? I'll drive you, I guess. ~ Amy Schumer
3 Lives quotes by Amy Schumer
People were outraged. They were glued to their televisions, to their web pages, to their Facebook feeds. They vocally expressed sorrow, horror, fury, pain. They cried for change. They raised money. They demanded action. And then they went back to their lives until the next one happened again. ~ Karin Slaughter
3 Lives quotes by Karin Slaughter
A playwright lives in an occupied country. And if you can't live that way you don't stay. ~ Arthur Miller
3 Lives quotes by Arthur Miller
I guess our lives are all dreams – as real to us as they are meaningless to everyone else. ~ Anthony Marra
3 Lives quotes by Anthony Marra
There is something particularly special and personal about the circle and how its curves comfortably rule every aspect of our lives. ~ Kat Lahr
3 Lives quotes by Kat Lahr
Let's not forget that the little emotions are the great captains of our lives and we obey them without realizing it. ~ Vincent Van Gogh
3 Lives quotes by Vincent Van Gogh
PATTERNS OF THE "SHY"

What else is common among people who identify themselves as "shy?" Below are the results of a survey that was administered to 150 of my program's participants. The results of this informal survey reveal certain facts and attitudes common among the socially anxious. Let me point out that these are the subjective answers of the clients themselves - not the professional opinions of the therapists. The average length of time in the program for all who responded was eight months. The average age was twenty-eight. (Some of the answers are based on a scale of 1 to 5, 1 being the lowest.)

-Most clients considered shyness to be a serious problem at some point in their lives. Almost everyone rated the seriousness of their problem at level 5, which makes sense, considering that all who responded were seeking help for their problem.
-60 percent of the respondents said that "shyness" first became enough of a problem that it held them back from things they wanted during adolescence; 35 percent reported the problem began in childhood; and 5 percent said not until adulthood. This answer reveals when clients were first aware of social anxiety as an inhibiting force.
-The respondents perceived the average degree of "sociability" of their parents was a 2.7, which translates to "fair"; 60 percent of the respondents reported that no other member of the family had a problem with "shyness"; and 40 percent said there was at least one other family ~ Jonathan Berent
3 Lives quotes by Jonathan Berent
If you want to improve your life and the lives of those around you, you must take action. ~ Tom Rath
3 Lives quotes by Tom Rath
In the happy land of elegant code and pretty rainbows, there lives a spoil-sport monster called inefficiency. ~ Marijn Haverbeke
3 Lives quotes by Marijn Haverbeke
People have power to make a difference in their lives. ~ Oprah Winfrey
3 Lives quotes by Oprah Winfrey
Ambitious young women today are taught to ignore or suppress every natural instinct, if it conflicts with the feminist agenda posed on them. All literary and artistic works, no matter how great, that document the ambivalence of female sexuality they are trained to dismiss as "misogynous." In other words, their minds are being programmed to secede from their bodies ... there is a huge gap between feminist rhetoric and women's actual sex lives, where feminism is of little help except with a certain stratum of deferential, malleable, white middle-class men. ~ Camille Paglia
3 Lives quotes by Camille Paglia
As well as we know our grown children and relatives, we don't know how much energy they have to put into simply keeping their lives together at all. ~ Anne Lamott
3 Lives quotes by Anne Lamott
The great thing about it is, in Hollywood, certain people are very good at keeping their lives and who they are very private. I've never met anybody as down to earth and cool in Hollywood than Matt Damon. ~ Anthony Mackie
3 Lives quotes by Anthony Mackie
In order not to be misunderstood, I want it perfectly clear that I believe it is incumbent on us to conduct our lives in a way that takes into account all the consequences of our actions, including the consequences to other people, and the consequences to the environment. ~ Michael Crichton
3 Lives quotes by Michael Crichton
What made him most anxious, he told me, was not the big questions - the mercilessness of fate, the possibility of heaven. He was too exhausted, he said, to wrestle with those. But he'd become impatient with the way people wasted their lives, squandered their chances like paychecks. ~ Wally Lamb
3 Lives quotes by Wally Lamb
It hasn't been easy to listen to the conversations at the table. Even without anyone expecting me to say anything. It hasn't been easy to sit there watching other people's lives go on. I ~ Colleen Faulkner
3 Lives quotes by Colleen Faulkner
I was picking flowers. (Nora)
And you think that handful of weeds was worth risking your life and wellbeing? (Ewan)
My mother has oft told me that men have sacrificed their lives and kingdoms for a woman's smile, so why not risk the ire of a bear for a bouquet? (Nora) ~ Kinley MacGregor
3 Lives quotes by Kinley MacGregor
I don't want to think about the danger, the life changing events that have fallen into our lives. I just want to live in this moment, right here, right now. ~ Brandy Nacole
3 Lives quotes by Brandy Nacole
Do you read, Mr. Quinn?" he asked. "Everybody should read something. Otherwise we all fall down into the pit of ignorance. Many are down there. Some people fall in it forever. Their lives mean nothing. They should not exist. ~ Charles Baxter
3 Lives quotes by Charles Baxter
Yet even if their advice were to work, what would be the result afterward in the unlikely event that one did turn into a slim, well-loved, powerful millionaire? Usually what happens is that the person finds himself back at square one, with a new list of wishes, just as dissatisfied as before. What would really satisfy people is not getting slim or rich, but feeling good about their lives. In the quest for happiness, partial solutions don't work. ~ Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
3 Lives quotes by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
'Bagdad Cafe' was a film that changed many, many people's lives ... how they saw themselves and how they looked at their life situation. I thought I made a little movie. All the mail that I get is about how it changed lives, and that's wonderful. ~ C. C. H. Pounder
3 Lives quotes by C. C. H. Pounder
Helping Others

When we live our lives in happy, compassionate and constructive ways we set an example for others, which they may or may not choose to follow. There is no need for convincing anyone to what we know as good for us. Our actions always speak louder than words, as beautiful as they may be. Be yourself riding the wave of change, and you will lighten up assisting many others to do the same if this is what they prefer. ~ Raphael Zernoff
3 Lives quotes by Raphael Zernoff
Well, we start with this outrageous idea that the ground of being, existence itself, is a person, and that this person is intimately concerned with each of our lives and desires us to turn our hearts toward him. Once you accept that level of insanity - or faith, as we prefer to call it - then it makes perfect sense to try to discern what God's purpose is for your life through a disciplined process of prayer and self-examination, discernment, as we say. ~ Michael Gruber
3 Lives quotes by Michael Gruber
I honestly think that the perfect love we search for throughout our lives has always existed, and shines like a star, in the face of man's best friend, your dog. ~ Maria Bradley
3 Lives quotes by Maria Bradley
And dieting, I discovered, was another form of disordered eating, just as anorexia and bulimia similarly disrupt the natural order of eating. "Ordered" eating is the practice of eating when you are hungry and ceasing to eat when your brain sends the signal that your stomach is full ... All people who live their lives on a diet are suffering. If you can accept your natural body weight and not force it to beneath your body's natural, healthy weight, then you can live your life free of dieting, of restriction, of feeling guilty every time you eat a slice of your kid's birthday cake. ~ Portia De Rossi
3 Lives quotes by Portia De Rossi
A working woman could save a few shillings a week, and then every five weeks she'd come in and we'd cut her hair. She could shampoo it under the shower, swing it and dry it off or just let it dry by itself. It changed the lives of many young girls who'd never had the opportunity to be styled like that before. ~ Vidal Sassoon
3 Lives quotes by Vidal Sassoon
you were to ask Christians around the world what God wants from the people he has saved, most would probably answer "obedience." There is great truth in that answer, but it is not enough. If the sovereign God's primary goal in sanctifying believers is simply to make us more holy, it is hard to explain why most of us make only "small beginnings" on the road to personal holiness in this life, as the Heidelberg Catechism puts it (see Catechism Q. 113). In reality, God wants something much more precious in our lives than mere outward conformity to his will. After all, obedience is tricky business and can be confusing to us. We can be obedient outwardly while sinning wildly on the inside, as the example of the Pharisees makes clear. In fact, many of my worst sins have been committed in the context of my best obedience. ~ Barbara R. Duguid
3 Lives quotes by Barbara R. Duguid
Men are always ready to die for us, but not to make our lives worth having. Cheap sentiment and bad logic. ~ Louisa May Alcott
3 Lives quotes by Louisa May Alcott
It's clear to me that anyone, anywhere, can experience loneliness, isolation, solitude, and estrangement; and most people probably do encounter these things at some point in their lives. ~ Brendan Myers
3 Lives quotes by Brendan Myers
Each member of the body is immersed in Christ and carries God's presence. So I can experience the expression of the invisible God in the lives of my brothers. I can be comforted by God through a brother, and I can serve God by serving a brother. As Christ's life flows through the members of His Body, we are linked to each other not only to receive grace directly from the lord but also through the lives of other brothers with whom we cultivate relationships in Christ. ~ Ricardo De Paula Meneghelli
3 Lives quotes by Ricardo De Paula Meneghelli
These demands of life are so universal that either we like it or not, we are going to come across them one way or another. The response we give determines what our lives become. ~ Sunday Adelaja
3 Lives quotes by Sunday Adelaja
He realized this early on, and realized too that what people think are their lives are merely its conditions. The truth is closer than thought and lies buried in what we already know. ~ Simon Van Booy
3 Lives quotes by Simon Van Booy
When I was a teenager, most fathers tended to go berserk when I asked their daughters on a date ... I discovered that all fathers go berserk when their daughters start dating. I have to assume this was because all fathers were once teenagers at some point in their lives, so they had no illusions about whether or not the boys were up to something. ~ Gary Reilly
3 Lives quotes by Gary Reilly
When I saw contestants fighting for their lives on 'The Biggest Loser,' I realized I just wanted to be healthy - to have fun playing soccer with my son or teaching my daughter to shoot hoops. Then it was so much easier to say no to carbs, soda, or dessert, and the weight just came off. ~ Alison Sweeney
3 Lives quotes by Alison Sweeney
During most of my life, my contact with Jews and Judaism was slight. I gave little thought to their problems, save in asking myself, from time to time, whether we were showing by our lives due appreciation of the opportunities which this hospitable country affords. My approach to Zionism was through Americanism. ~ Louis D. Brandeis
3 Lives quotes by Louis D. Brandeis
This day fifty years ago I was born. From solitude in the Womb, we emerge into solitude among our Fellows, and return again to solitude within the Grave. We pass our lives in the attempt to mitigate that solitude. But propinquity is never fusion. We exchange Words, but exchange them from prison to prison, and without hope that they will signify to others what they mean to ourselves. We marry and there are two solitudes in the house instead of one; we beget children, and there are many solitudes. We reiterate the act of love; but again propinquity is never fusion. The most intimate contact is only of Surfaces, and we couple, as I have seen the condemned Prisoners at Newgate coupling with their Trulls, between the bars of our cages. Pleasure cannot be shared; like Pain, it can only be experienced or inflicted, and when we give pleasure to our lover or bestow Charity upon the Needy, we do so, not to gratify the object of our Benevolence, but only ourselves. For the Truth is that we are kind for the same reason as we are cruel, in order that we may enhance the sense of our own Power; and this we are for ever trying to do, despite the fact that by doing it we cause ourselves to feel more solitary than ever. The reality of Solitude is the same in all men, there being no mitigation of it, except in Forgetfulness, Stupidity or Illusion; but a man's sense of Solitude is proportionate to the sense and fact of his Power. In anz set of circumstances, the more Power we have, the more inte ~ Aldous Huxley
3 Lives quotes by Aldous Huxley
Film Making Quotes «
» 3 May 1996 Quotes