242 Church Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 242 Church.

Quotes About 242 Church

Enjoy collection of 100 242 Church quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 242 Church. Righ click to see and save pictures of 242 Church quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Eventually everyone vacates church where God is not obviously present and working. Getting people back to church is pointless unless God comes back first - that's what Vertical Church is all about! Ritual church, tradition church, felt-need church, emotional-hype church, rules church, Bible-boredom church, relevant church, and many other iterations are all horizontal substitutes for God come down, we all get rocked and radically altered, Vertical Church. ~ James MacDonald
242 Church quotes by James MacDonald
The real church is comprised of a long list of "formers" who collectively work together for world reform. ~ Johnnie Dent Jr.
242 Church quotes by Johnnie Dent Jr.
As the church get older and older it becomes harder to keep evangelism on the front burner because of all the competing issues that keeps pushing it back. ~ Gary Rohrmayer
242 Church quotes by Gary Rohrmayer
Missional leaders know that their church will only grow as large as its capacity to provide ongoing care through a network of small groups and ministry teams. ~ Gary Rohrmayer
The Westboro Baptist Church is no more a church than Church's Fried Chicken is a church. ~ Jon Stewart
242 Church quotes by Jon Stewart
An Eskimo shaman said, "Life's greatest danger lies in the fact that man's food consists entirely of souls". ~ Annie Dillard
242 Church quotes by Annie Dillard
You cannot believe what you do not believe, Rumi siad. I am an Untouchable because my karma dictates it. ~ Christopher Moore
242 Church quotes by Christopher Moore
Scripture was given to the church, and theology is a necessary work of the church, by the church, in the church, and for the church. ~ Kenneth S. Kantzer
242 Church quotes by Kenneth S. Kantzer
Due to our consumer mindset, people are prone to jump from church to church, which weakens the church overall. ~ Francis Chan
242 Church quotes by Francis Chan
Most of us come to the church by a means the church does not allow. ~ Flannery O'Connor
242 Church quotes by Flannery O'Connor
I love the church, the church that God is establishing, that Jesus died for, so I'll never have any negative things to say about His church. ~ LeCrae
242 Church quotes by LeCrae
In our discussion of the need for balanced ministry fronts in chapter 23, we looked at the five models of church proposed by Avery Dulles: "the church as institution" (which we might call doctrine driven); "the church as mystical communion" (worship driven); "the church as sacrament" (community driven); "the church as herald" (evangelism driven); and "the church as servant" (justice driven). ~ Timothy Keller
242 Church quotes by Timothy Keller
We cant go around picking up every pile of dust in the place just in case it turns out to be Gregor in the morning.
-Pg.242- ~ Cassandra Clare
242 Church quotes by Cassandra Clare
Church is what you do. Church is who you are. Church is the human outworking of the person of Jesus Christ. Let's not go to Church, let's be the Church. ~ Bill Hybels
242 Church quotes by Bill Hybels
According to Scripture, the invisible church includes everyone who has ever been genuinely born again for every age of church history. This church will not meet in a visible way until Christ returns. The visible church consists of believers who are alive and meeting together right now. ~ Wayne Mack
242 Church quotes by Wayne Mack
In the course of the year I spent trying to raise money, I spoke to 242 people, and 217 of them said no. ~ Howard Schultz
242 Church quotes by Howard Schultz
I would like a more missionary church,Not so much a tranquil church, but a beautiful church that goes forward. ~ Pope Francis
242 Church quotes by Pope Francis
Many modern Christians will take the best programs from every church while committing to no church. They even have a name for it: church shopping. ~ Mark Driscoll
242 Church quotes by Mark Driscoll
To a true believer, death is but going to church: from the church below to the church above. ~ Augustus Toplady
242 Church quotes by Augustus Toplady
The only church that illuminates is a burning church. ~ Buenaventura Durruti
242 Church quotes by Buenaventura Durruti
Clearly the person who accepts the Church as an infallible guide will believe whatever the Church teaches. ~ Thomas Aquinas
242 Church quotes by Thomas Aquinas
Though you see a Church-man ill, yet continue in the Church still. ~ George Herbert
242 Church quotes by George Herbert
For me, it's church and state, not church in state, and I really feel there are some churches in central Ohio crossing that line. ~ Eric Williams
242 Church quotes by Eric Williams
Most of the characters I write with don't think an awful lot about their faith. They're not always questioning the church or feeling confined by the church or rebelling against the church. ~ Alice McDermott
242 Church quotes by Alice McDermott
God's church is a Bible-centered church, and it grows strong under persecution. ~ Billy Graham
242 Church quotes by Billy Graham
It's all so verbal in the Protestant church. You've heard these words a million times before. Maybe people are leaving the church because they find the church has nothing that they're looking for. ~ Frederick Buechner
242 Church quotes by Frederick Buechner
The church should be setting the pace. The church should be taking its proper place of leadership in the nation ... God help the church to wake up! ~ Billy Graham
My grandmother went to church, but my mother had been inundated with church and decided that when she had children, she would not push church or God on her children. ~ Gloria Gaynor
242 Church quotes by Gloria Gaynor
Leadership in church is one of the biggest challenges that the Church is facing because without strong leadership, the church rarely lives out its redemptive potentials. ~ Bill Hybels
242 Church quotes by Bill Hybels
No one can have God for his Father, who has not the Church for his mother. ~ Cyprian
242 Church quotes by Cyprian
You shouldn't do that. Not to your child. You should-carry your own burdens. ~ Cassandra Clare
242 Church quotes by Cassandra Clare
The church which is not a missionary church will be a missing church when Jesus comes. ~ F.B. Meyer
242 Church quotes by F.B. Meyer
The same church members who yell like Comanche Indians at a ball game on Saturday sit like wooden Indians in church on Sunday. ~ Vance Havner
242 Church quotes by Vance Havner
I sang in the choir for years, even though my family belonged to another church. ~ Paul Lynde
242 Church quotes by Paul Lynde
Everyone related to me in my circle was from church: church friends, church school, church activities. All my friends weren't allowed to watch MTV or go to PG-13 movies or listen to the radio, so I didn't really know anything different. That's how I was raised. ~ Katy Perry
242 Church quotes by Katy Perry
Funny how a melody sounds like a memory. ~ Eric Church
242 Church quotes by Eric Church
Declare Church and State forever separate and distinct, but each free within their proper spheres, and that all church property shall bear its own proportion of taxation. ~ Ulysses S. Grant
242 Church quotes by Ulysses S. Grant
We're not opposed to Catholics having pride in their church, but that doesn't mean that every church that doesn't join them isn't a church. ~ Pope Shenouda III
242 Church quotes by Pope Shenouda III
Is the Church of England an Anglican church? The church did not start in Canterbury, the church did not start in Rome. Whether Canterbury is Anglican or not is immaterial. We are Anglicans. They are the Church of England. ~ Peter Akinola
242 Church quotes by Peter Akinola
The church is not a brick-and-mortar structure. The church is made of flesh & blood. Followers of #Christ are the church. ~ Eric Samuel Timm
242 Church quotes by Eric Samuel Timm
Over the years, I have studied church history as well as the contemporary church, and I noticed how rare it is for a God-glorifying transition of leadership to take place in a local church. ~ C.J. Mahaney
242 Church quotes by C.J. Mahaney
The Bible judges the church; the church does not judge the Bible. The Bible is the foundation for and the creator of the church; the church is not the foundation for or creator of the Bible. The church and its hierarchy must be evaluated by the believer with the biblical gospel as the touchstone or plumb line for judging all truth claims. ~ Timothy Keller
242 Church quotes by Timothy Keller
The local church is the outcrop of the church universal. ~ Peter Forsyth
242 Church quotes by Peter Forsyth
The Church of England is the only church in the world that interferes neither with your politics nor your religion ~ Anthony Trollope
242 Church quotes by Anthony Trollope
Every church has a marketing plan! The only difference is that some are better than others! When I think of marketing I think of building a relationship with those within reach of your ministry who know nothing about your church or are disconnected from your people. ~ Gary Rohrmayer
Turn in your guns at your local church ~ Chuck Baldwin
242 Church quotes by Chuck Baldwin
It takes more than a busy church, a friendly church, or even an evangelical church to impact a community for Christ. It must be a church ablaze, led by leaders who are ablaze for God. ~ Wesley L. Duewel
242 Church quotes by Wesley L. Duewel
By the time we get to church, I need church cuz I've been yelled at by everyone in the family. ~ Jeff Foxworthy
242 Church quotes by Jeff Foxworthy
I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church.
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit. ~ Thomas Paine
242 Church quotes by Thomas Paine
I fully understand it's important to maintain the separation of church and state. We don't want the state to become the church, nor do we want the church to become the state. ~ George W. Bush
242 Church quotes by George W. Bush
Much of today's church relies more on a book the early church didn't have, than the Holy Spirit they did. ~ Bill Johnson
242 Church quotes by Bill Johnson
The Church is Christ's witness to the world of a loving savior and His redemptive plan for man. ~ John Paul Warren
242 Church quotes by John Paul Warren
The Catholic Church is a thousand times better than your Protestant Church upon that question [of damnation]. The Catholic Church believes in purgatory - that is, a place where a fellow can get a chance to make a motion for a new trial. ~ Robert Green Ingersoll
242 Church quotes by Robert Green Ingersoll
If the devil can get the church to withdraw from prayer by believing reasonable excuses, the church is under his dominion. ~ Edward McKendree Bounds
242 Church quotes by Edward McKendree Bounds
I wish, in America, (that) we were as concerned about separation from church and sin as we are about separation between church and state. Church and sin
it's a monstrous problem. ~ Leonard Ravenhill
242 Church quotes by Leonard Ravenhill
I was not in the church, but we claim, like so many people, 'Yeah, I grew up in the church.' Well yeah, I grew up in the church and went to church, but I knew nothing about the Lord. I had no idea what it meant about walking in faith. ~ Lou Brock
242 Church quotes by Lou Brock
I played at my church every once in a while, but that's not a good gauge, because everybody loves you at your church. ~ Chris Tomlin
242 Church quotes by Chris Tomlin
Most readers will be shocked by the clear record of history linking Adolf Hitler and the Roman Catholic Church in a conspiracy to exterminate the Jews ~ John Hagee
242 Church quotes by John Hagee
Even if the church began to grow on its own, the members of the dying church would only accept the growth if the new members were like them and if the church would continue to "do church" the way they wanted it. ~ Thom S. Rainer
242 Church quotes by Thom S. Rainer
The Church is the Heart, not the amount of Sunday services you attend because many people goes to church but still partake in Devilish acts. ~ Henry Johnson Jr
242 Church quotes by Henry Johnson Jr
I grew up in the Methodist church. My wife grew up in the Baptist church. And wives get everything they want. So we got married in the Baptist church. ~ Rick Scott
242 Church quotes by Rick Scott
We as a church don't have a mission. The mission has a Church. ~ Reggie McNeal
242 Church quotes by Reggie McNeal
I don't know that the Libertarian Party has an official position on the separation of church and state. ~ Michael Badnarik
242 Church quotes by Michael Badnarik
There's nobody who doesn't have problems with the church, because there's sin in the church. But there's no other place to be a Christian except the church. ~ Eugene H. Peterson
242 Church quotes by Eugene H. Peterson
For the Church of Sweden, the Church of England, the German Lutheran Church and many other branches of European Christianity, the message of the religion has become a form of left-wing politics, diversity action and social welfare projects. ~ Douglas Murray
242 Church quotes by Douglas Murray
The church is in trouble-that's what they say anyways. The problem is most of what they call the church is not the church, and the church is not quite as in trouble as everybody thinks. As a matter of fact, the church today is absolutely beautiful-she's glorious, she's humble, she's broken, and she's confessing her sin. The problem is what everybody's calling the church today isn't the church. Basically, by and large, what's called the church today is nothing more than a bunch of unconverted church people with unconverted pastors. ~ Paul Washer
242 Church quotes by Paul Washer
One would think that [persecution] would be an obstacle to church growth when joining the church meant a death sentence. And yet, the age of persecution was the greatest period of church growth in history. ~ Gene Veith
242 Church quotes by Gene Veith
God does not punish, just as the Church no longer condemns, except those who stay faithful to Tradition. (p. 61) ~ Marcel Lefebvre
242 Church quotes by Marcel Lefebvre
We need to avoid the spiritual sickness of a church that is wrapped up in its own world: when a church becomes like this, it grows sick. ~ Pope Francis
242 Church quotes by Pope Francis
A church without a missions or a mission without the church are both contradictions. Such things do exist, but only as pseudostructures ~ Carl Braaten
242 Church quotes by Carl Braaten
I think we are all trying to figure out what it means to be the Church as opposed to just doing church. ~ Erwin McManus
242 Church quotes by Erwin McManus
You're telling me that the separation of church and state is found in the First Amendment? ~ Christine O'Donnell
242 Church quotes by Christine O'Donnell
Every local church has a leader but it seems so few local churches are being led. ~ Andy Stanley
242 Church quotes by Andy Stanley
For church buildings not to be enough is to build and equip church members to send them out ~ Sunday Adelaja
242 Church quotes by Sunday Adelaja
Dear Church, everyone is broken, stop pretending like you're not. ~ Carlos A. Rodriguez
242 Church quotes by Carlos A. Rodriguez
The emperor is in the Church, not about the Church. ~ Ambrose
242 Church quotes by Ambrose
Shortly afterward, I sat puzzled, grieving over the state of our church. "I think I've lost hope in the church," I confessed, brokenhearted, to a friend. I will never forget her response. "No, you haven't lost hope in the church. You may have lost hope in Christianity or Christendom or all the institutions, but you have not lost hope in the church. This is the church." At that moment, we decided to stop complaining about the church we saw, and we set our hearts on becoming the church we dreamed of. ~ Shane Claiborne
242 Church quotes by Shane Claiborne
A church without the broken is a broken church. ~ Ed Stetzer
242 Church quotes by Ed Stetzer
For reasons I can't remember, my family eventually stopped attending church, and I started questioning the Catholic Church's beliefs. I dabbled a little, but nothing stuck. ~ Ann Hood
242 Church quotes by Ann Hood
In his work The Book of Church Growth, Thom Rainer explained, "Prayer is the power behind the principles. There simply is no more important principle in church growth than prayer. The prayers of the early church unleashed the power of God to add thousands to the church. It happened then. It is happening in some churches today. And it can happen in your church."13 ~ Ed Stetzer
242 Church quotes by Ed Stetzer
Every believer is commanded to be plugged in to a local church. ~ David Jeremiah
242 Church quotes by David Jeremiah
Before everything else, fidelity to the Church: One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic. Jesus did not found several churches, but one single Church. ~ Pope John XXIII
242 Church quotes by Pope John XXIII
The Church knows nothing of a sacredness of war. The Church which prays'Our Father'asks God only for peace. ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer
242 Church quotes by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
There are three bodies no sensible man directly challenges: the Roman Catholic Church, the Brigade of Guards and the National Union of Mineworkers ~ Harold Macmillan
242 Church quotes by Harold Macmillan
I want you to know he's coming to the church before he comes FOR the church. He's gonna perfect the Church so the church can be the Image, and be him, and be his representation. ~ Paul Cain
242 Church quotes by Paul Cain
Since 2008, batters have hit only .175 against pitches thrown at 100 m.p.h. or above. Batting averages go up as the speed of the pitches goes down: .210 at 99, .213 at 98, .225 at 97, .242 at 96 and .252 at 95. ~ Barry Bearak
242 Church quotes by Barry Bearak
The divorce between Church and State ought to be absolute. It ought to be so absolute that no Church property anywhere, in any state or in the nation, should be exempt from equal taxation; for if you exempt the property of any church organization, to that extent you impose a tax upon the whole community. ~ James A. Garfield
242 Church quotes by James A. Garfield
I have always kept one end in view, namely ... to conduct a well-regulated church music to the honour of God. ~ Johann Sebastian Bach
242 Church quotes by Johann Sebastian Bach
Unless the church quickly recovers the authoritative biblical message, we may witness the spectacle of millions of Christians going outside the institutional church to find spiritual food. ~ Billy Graham
Ed Stetzer, a missiologist, pointed out, "When the Reformers (and later evangelicals) deemphasized the apostolic nature of the church, they inadvertently lessened the sending nature of that apostolic church. The church that 'reformed' lost touch with the God who sends, and the mission of the church suffered. ~ Terry D Shiver
242 Church quotes by Terry D Shiver
For me, when I grew up playing music, I played music in church and people were shouting and having a big time, and church wasn't something where it was subdued. If you played something, you brought it to church with you. ~ Randy Owen
242 Church quotes by Randy Owen
The coziness between church and state is good for the state and bad for the church ~ Gilbert K. Chesterton
242 Church quotes by Gilbert K. Chesterton
Honest investigation is utterly impossible within the pale of any church, for the reason, that if you think the church is right you will not investigate, and if you think it wrong, the church will investigate you. ~ Robert Green Ingersoll
242 Church quotes by Robert Green Ingersoll
When we think "mission" we must think "church." And the best way to link church and mission is through church planting. ~ Tim Chester
242 Church quotes by Tim Chester
I talk about a Christianity that is enlightened enough to separate spirituality from the rest of life. Not just church and state, but knowledge and church. ~ Ayaan Hirsi Ali
242 Church quotes by Ayaan Hirsi Ali
Only the Catholic Church protested against the Hitlerian onslaught on liberty. Up till then I had not been interested in the Church, but today I feel a great admiration for the Church, which alone has had the courage to struggle for spiritual truth and moral liberty ~ Albert Einstein
242 Church quotes by Albert Einstein
The time is well past for the church, particularly the Western church, to rethink and reimagine what it means to be the church in the twenty-first century. ~ Richard R. Dunn
242 Church quotes by Richard R. Dunn
A deaf church is a dead church: that is an unalterable principle. ~ John Stott
242 Church quotes by John Stott
The church doesn't have a mission; there is a mission, and it has the church. ~ James Emery White
242 Church quotes by James Emery White
I'm afraid the SS's relationship with the Catholic Church is something the Church still has to deal with and does not deny. ~ Christopher Hitchens
242 Church quotes by Christopher Hitchens
Shirtcliffe Quotes «
» Contrariara Quotes