241 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 241.

Quotes About 241

Enjoy collection of 17 241 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 241. Righ click to see and save pictures of 241 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Perhaps the central question about [Eliot] Porter's work is about the relationship between science, aesthetics, and environmental politics. His brother, the painter and critic Fairfield Porter, wrote in a 1960 review of [Porter's] colour photographs: 'There is no subject and background, every corner is alive,' and this suggests what an ecological aesthetic might look like. ~ Rebecca Solnit
241 quotes by Rebecca Solnit
Sooner or later your fingers close on that one moist-cold spud that the spade has accidentally sliced clean through, shining wetly white and giving off the most unearthly of earthly aromas. It's the smell of fresh soil in the spring, but fresh soil somehow distilled or improved upon, as if that wild, primordial scene has been refined and bottled: eau de pomme de terre. You can smell the cold inhuman earth in it, but there's the cozy kitchen to, for the smell of potatoes is, at least by now, to us, the smell of comfort itself, a smell as blankly welcoming as spud flesh, a whiteness that takes up memories and sentiments as easily as flavors. To smell a raw potato is to stand on the very threshold of the domestic and the wild. (241) ~ Michael Pollan
241 quotes by Michael Pollan
1Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.[241] 2I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." 3Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence. 4He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. ~ Anonymous
241 quotes by Anonymous
For him words took away the beauty of what he saw. ~ Leo Tolstoy
241 quotes by Leo Tolstoy
They call it the drowning instinct. It's when drowning doesn't look like drowning. (pg. 241) ~ Ilsa J. Bick
241 quotes by Ilsa J. Bick
Wisdom never promises that you will be without enemies, but it does enable you to live at peace with them. Those who heed wisdom's voice will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm.241 This is part of wisdom's favor, for when a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.242 Wisdom ~ John Crowder
241 quotes by John Crowder
The true test of whether Mr. Obama has improved on the Bush era lies in how his administration justifies its decisions on the 241 remaining Guantanamo detainees, whose cases will now be evaluated internally and reviewed by the courts. ~ Noah Feldman
241 quotes by Noah Feldman
This is the danger of reading. One never knows what will be stumbled upon, what old embers may leap again to flame.
p 241 ~ Jamie Langston Turner
241 quotes by Jamie Langston Turner
If we all make systematic mistakes in our decisions, then why not develop new strategies, tools, and methods to help us make better decisions and improve our overall well-being? That's exactly the meaning of free lunches- the idea that there are tools, methods, and policies that can help all of us make better decisions and as a consequence achieve what we desire-pg. 241 ~ Dan Ariely
241 quotes by Dan Ariely
I would argue that masturbation is the human animal's most important adaptation. The very cornerstone of our technological civilization. Our hands evolved to grip tools, all right - including our own. You see, thinkers, inventors, and scientists are usually geeks, and geeks have a harder time getting laid than anyone. Without the built-in sexual release valve provided by masturbation, it's doubtful that early humans would have ever mastered the secrets of fire or discovered the wheel. And you can bet that Galileo, Newton, and Einstein never would have made their discoveries if they hadn't first been able to clear their heads by slapping the salami (or "knocking a few protons off the old hydrogen atom"). The same goes for Marie Curie. Before she discovered radium, you can be certain she first discovered the little man in the canoe. ~ Ernest Cline
241 quotes by Ernest Cline
In July 1997, the proposed new Scottish Parliament building in Edinburgh was estimated to cost up to £40 million. By June 1999, the budget for the building was £109 million. In April 2000, legislators imposed a £195 million "cap on costs." By November 2001, they demanded an estimate of "final cost," which was set at £241 million. That estimated final cost rose twice in 2002, ending the year at £294.6 million. It rose three times more in 2003, reaching £375.8 million by June. The building was finally completed in 2004 at an ultimate cost of roughly £431 million. ~ Daniel Kahneman
241 quotes by Daniel Kahneman
3. War Peace & Action -
3B.02 LOVE & PEACE
Hatred goes not by hatred,
Violence not by violence,
Disappear hatred and violence,
By love, understanding, non-violence.
[241] - 3B ~ Munindra Misra
241 quotes by Munindra Misra
Why mundanes always insist on taking responsibility for things that aren't their fault is a mystery to me. You didn't force that cocktail down his idiotic throat.
-Jace, pg.241- ~ Cassandra Clare
241 quotes by Cassandra Clare
If you're surrounded by greatness – take notes, pay attention, and ask questions." -Jesse Itzler, Living with the Monks, pg. 241 ~ Jesse Itzler
241 quotes by Jesse Itzler
French Polynesia embraces a vast ocean area strewn with faraway outer islands, each with a mystique of its own. The 118 islands and atolls are scattered over an expanse of water 18 times the size of California, though in dry land terms the territory is only slightly bigger than Rhode Island. The distance from one end of the island groups to another is four times further than from San Francisco to Los Angeles. Every oceanic island type is represented in these sprawling archipelagoes positioned midway between California and New Zealand. The coral atolls of the Tuamotus are so low they're threatened by rising sea levels, while volcanic Tahiti soars to 2,241 meters. Bora Bora and Maupiti, also high volcanic islands, rise from the lagoons of what would otherwise be atolls.
~ David Stanley
241 quotes by David Stanley
Did you think I was helping you out of the goodness of my heart? Or am I just the only warlock you know?" (Magnus)

"No," he said now, "but you are the only warlock we know who happens to be dating a friend of ours." (Jace)
For a moment everyone stared at him-Alec in sheer horror, Magnus un astonished anger, and Clary and Simon in surprise. It was Alec who spoke first, his voice shaking. "Why would you say something like that?"
Jace looked baffled. "Something like what?"
"That I'm dating-that we're-its not true," Alec said, his voice rising and dropping several octaves as he fought to control it.
Jace looked at him steadily. "I didn't say he was dating you," he said, "but funny that you knew just what I meant, isn't it?"
"We're not dating," Alec said again.
"Oh?" Magnus said. "So you're just that friendly with everybody, is that it?"
-pg.241- ~ Cassandra Clare
241 quotes by Cassandra Clare
The school remained open. I thanked Allah that the Americans operated differently. Had the Lebanese lost 241 men in one day, and had we the power and the reach, we would have American males hung from their testicles and set on fire. The frame of mind that dictates our actions quashes our ability to develop the power and reach exhibited by the Americans, I thought. ~ Sam Wazan
241 quotes by Sam Wazan
Hours Quotes «
» Aesthetics Eliot Porter Quotes