2342 Broadway Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 2342 Broadway.

Quotes About 2342 Broadway

Enjoy collection of 33 2342 Broadway quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 2342 Broadway. Righ click to see and save pictures of 2342 Broadway quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

I could make thousands of dollars in Broadway musicals, but among the best experiences I had was doing 'Hamlet' in Milwaukee and a version of 'Cyrano' that my wife wrote for me on a bus-and-truck tour. ~ John Cullum
2342 Broadway quotes by John Cullum
I would love to go back to Broadway. ~ Katie Finneran
2342 Broadway quotes by Katie Finneran
I have to say, speaking from experience, just because an actor starts out in a role in the workshop, they won't necessarily play it when it goes to Broadway. ~ Megan Hilty
2342 Broadway quotes by Megan Hilty
A dilettantism in nature is barren and unworthy. A fop of fields is no better than his brother on Broadway. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
2342 Broadway quotes by Ralph Waldo Emerson
THERE are so many things which are impossible to explain! Why should certain chords in music make me think of the brown and golden tints of autumn foliage? Why should the Mass of Sainte-Cécile send my thoughts wandering among caverns whose walls blaze with ragged masses of virgin silver? What was it in the roar and turmoil of Broadway at six o'clock that flashed before my eyes the picture of a still Breton forest where sunlight filtered through spring foliage, and Sylvia bent, half curiously, half tenderly, over a small, green lizard, murmuring, "To think that this also is a little ward of God? ~ Robert W. Chambers
2342 Broadway quotes by Robert W. Chambers
Though I acted in hundreds of productions, appeared at the Guthrie Theatre and on Broadway in Amadeus, I discovered in my thirties that I didn't really like stage acting. The presence of the audience, the eight shows a week and the possibility of a long run were all unnatural to me. ~ Fred Melamed
2342 Broadway quotes by Fred Melamed
For your first musical in New York, to go to Broadway and be nominated for a Tony is a dream come true. ~ Jason Moore
2342 Broadway quotes by Jason Moore
You bet I arrived overnight. Over a few hundred nights in the Catskills, in vaudeville, in clubs and on Broadway. ~ Danny Kaye
2342 Broadway quotes by Danny Kaye
I've just been more interested in doing film right now and I don't want to go away from my family for six months, which was what I would have had to have done if I did the play on Broadway. ~ Mark Ruffalo
2342 Broadway quotes by Mark Ruffalo
I would like to win the Pulitzer Prize. I would like to win the Nobel Prize. I would like to win a Tony award for the Broadway musical I'm now working on. Aside from these, my aspirations are modest ones. ~ Evan Hunter
2342 Broadway quotes by Evan Hunter
I was 23, and I was in L.A. while on hiatus [as an understudy] from Biloxi Blues on Broadway. The guy that I'd been studying with had been fired for horsing around on stage with Matthew Broderick, and they were really anxious to get me back into the play. So I was in a great situation, and at the time, I definitely wasn't thinking about television ~ David Lee
2342 Broadway quotes by David Lee
I love Jane [Krakowski]. Jane's been a dear friend for maybe a dozen years. We've worked together on many shows and concerts and readings. We did Damn Yankees together and then we did Xanadu. Jane did all the workshops of Xanadu before it moved to Broadway. She's hysterical and our voices blended. We had a similar sensibility. ~ Cheyenne Jackson
2342 Broadway quotes by Cheyenne Jackson
Mr. Brooks and I have been friends forever. He is in seventh heaven with his new success on Broadway. ~ Dom DeLuise
2342 Broadway quotes by Dom DeLuise
In Broadway, I suddenly found myself face to face with William de la Touche Clancey.

"Well!" A long drawn-out syllable, in which fear and condescension were unpleasantly mingled. "What is the young Old Patroon about to turn his hand to next?"

"The Vauxhall Gardens, I should think." My dislike of Clancey is almost physical. Yet I stare at him with fascination; note that his protuberant eyes are yellowish; that he scratches himself compulsively; that his tongue darts in and out of his mouth like a lizard's catching flies.

"Of the delicious nymphs you sport with there?"

"Of the delicious fauns, too - and their goatish friends."

"Uh-huh..." A long, drawn-out attempt at sounding amused failed of its object. "I hope you realize that your editor's unholy passion for the Negro grows more embarrassing each day. If I were he I should beware. He might simply vanish one dark night."

"Murdered? Or sold into slavery?" Clancey recently delighted his admirers by proposing that since the institution of slavery has been an integral part of every high civilization (and peculiarly well-adapted to those nations that follow the word as well as the spirit of Old and New Testaments), poor whites should be bought and sold as well as blacks.

"I don't believe that poor sick Mr. Leggett would command a high price in the bazaar. Only his diseased mind would have a certain morbid interest to the special collector. You, on the o ~ Gore Vidal
2342 Broadway quotes by Gore Vidal
My plan has always been to return to Broadway every 50 years. ~ William Shatner
2342 Broadway quotes by William Shatner
We're all a bit bad. We all have things in our lives that bring us shame and regret. Things that have hurt our souls or hurt the people we love. But 're all a bit good too. i reckon we're mostly good actually. And life is about trying to learn the balance, plot our place on the continuum... We're not just made up of good and bad: we're everything else too. ~ Alice Broadway
2342 Broadway quotes by Alice Broadway
I relished the opportunity to be on Broadway ... It's the holy grail for people like me. ~ Jeremy Piven
2342 Broadway quotes by Jeremy Piven
Being in front of a live audience again. I get that in my concerts but there's nothing like being on Broadway. ~ Laura Benanti
2342 Broadway quotes by Laura Benanti
Back in the summer of 1941, they had stood to lose so much, it seemed, through the shame and ruination of exposure. Sammy could not have known that one day he would come to regard all the things that their loving each other had seemed to put at so much risk – his career in comic books, his relations with his family, his place in the world – as the walls of a prison, an airless, lightless keep from which there was no hope of escape….He recalled his and Tracy's parting at Penn Station on the morning of Pearl Harbor, in the first-class compartment of the Broadway Limited, their show of ordinary mute male farewell, the handshake, the pat on the shoulder, carefully tailoring and modulating their behavior through there was no one at all watching, so finely attuned to the danger of what they might lose that they could not permit themselves to notice what they had ~ Michael Chabon
2342 Broadway quotes by Michael Chabon
I went to Hollywood to test for Martha Ivers and I thought I was going to play the part that Van Heflin played.But they wanted me to play the part of Barbara Stanwyck's husband, so I played that. Then when I finished the movie, I went back to Broadway and did another flop. ~ Kirk Douglas
2342 Broadway quotes by Kirk Douglas
My dream of dreams is to write Broadway musicals. All of this Twitter and TV writing is just a day job. ~ Megan Amram
2342 Broadway quotes by Megan Amram
Will you join in our crusade?
Who will be strong and stand with me?
Somewhere beyond the barricade
Is there a world you long to see?
Do you hear the people sing?
Say, do you hear the distant drums?
It is the future that they bring
When tomorrow comes! ~ Les Miserables The Broadway Musical
2342 Broadway quotes by Les Miserables The Broadway Musical
I love the theater community and theater life, and would love to figure out the distinctive differences between Broadway and the West End. ~ Chiwetel Ejiofor
2342 Broadway quotes by Chiwetel Ejiofor
Broadway is amazing because you're performing for such an intimate group of people. You're living in the moment and whatever happens happens, and you go on. You can't say cut and redo it, you have to be on the whole time. ~ Ariana Grande
2342 Broadway quotes by Ariana Grande
We may have limped onto Broadway as the underdogs, but underdogs bite back occasionally. ~ Bernie Taupin
2342 Broadway quotes by Bernie Taupin
No one expects a Broadway musical comedy to be in the vanguard of what is bohemian, raunchy, folkloric, academic or aggressively experimental. That is not its job. Its job is to synthesize musical and social traditions with high-styled vivacity, especially those that dwell on different sides of the tracks in real life. The highbrow meets the lowbrow; sweet meets hot; uptown, downtown, all around the town. ~ Margo Jefferson
2342 Broadway quotes by Margo Jefferson
If Broadway was a river running from the top of Manhattan down to the Battery, undulating with traffic and commerce and lights, then the east-west streets were eddies where, leaf-like, one could turn slow circles from the beginning to the ever shall be, world without end. ~ Amor Towles
2342 Broadway quotes by Amor Towles
But you'll see producers and theatre owners with a billion dollars worth of theaters come in here for lunch and you know why? Because it's cheap. You see those pictures on the wall? All young actors and actresses who you will never hear about in your life... And when 'dis place is gone, the entire Broadway will slide into the East River. ~ Neil Simon
2342 Broadway quotes by Neil Simon
I'd love to go back to Broadway; I'd love to do animation; I'd love to do hair and make-up campaigns because I love hair and makeup - and, I'd love to do film. I mean, there are a lot of doors I'd love to open up! ~ Brooke Elliott
2342 Broadway quotes by Brooke Elliott
I wanted to be on Broadway, but in musical comedy. ~ Carol Burnett
2342 Broadway quotes by Carol Burnett
Broadway is obviously a dream come true, but audiences everywhere continue to make performing a blast. ~ Rob McClure
2342 Broadway quotes by Rob McClure
I remember my mom had a conversation with Sam Jackson about what she should do with our careers and what the next step should be; I was eight and my brother was nine. He said, "You need to get them on Broadway." ~ Aldis Hodge
2342 Broadway quotes by Aldis Hodge
Somewhere during the 'Next to Normal' Broadway run, I found myself learning more about myself onstage than in real life, and I truly realized the beautiful, tremendous, extraordinary gift that is performing. ~ Jennifer Damiano
2342 Broadway quotes by Jennifer Damiano
Laura Isles Quotes «
» Fairy Tail Loke Quotes