226 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 226.

Quotes About 226

Enjoy collection of 14 226 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 226. Righ click to see and save pictures of 226 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Faced with a wealth of text but a poverty of context, scholars have focused obsessively on what they can know. They have counted every word he wrote, logged every dib and jot. They can tell us (and have done so) that Shakespeare's works contain 138,198 commas, 26,794 colons, and 15,785 question marks; that ears are spoken of 401 times in his plays; that dunghill is used 10 times and dullard twice; that his characters refer to love 2,259 times but to hate just 183 times; that he used damned 105 times and bloody 226 times, but bloody-minded only twice; that he wrote hath 2,069 times but has just 409 times; that all together he left us 884,647 words, made up of 31,959 speeches, spread over 118,406 lines. ~ Bill Bryson
226 quotes by Bill Bryson
The problem with water, though, is that the shortfalls don't show up until the very end. You can go on pumping unsustainably until the day you run out. Then all you have is the recharge flow, which comes from precipitation. This is not decades away, this is years away. We're already seeing huge shortages in China, where the Yellow River runs dry for part of each year. The Yellow River is the cradle of Chinese civilization. It first failed to reach the sea in 1972, and since 1985 it's run dry for part of each year. For 1997 it was dry for 226 days. ~ Lester R. Brown
226 quotes by Lester R. Brown
[ ... ] the responsibility for their wellbeing and for the fundamental meaning they give to their own life must, in adulthood, be theirs. To accept the burden that someone 'can't live without you' is unrealistic. It infantilises that person and overburdens you. p.226 ~ Stephanie Dowrick
226 quotes by Stephanie Dowrick
It seems that the young woman made some indelicate suggestion of a threesome ... When I got there, Miss Nash was standing by the hot tub in a small bikini, pointing the business end of a SIG-Sauer P-226 at her fella and concerned members of the hotel staff, while dunking the scantily clad female's head under the water and asking, Who's diving for clams now, bitch? ~ Ilona Andrews
226 quotes by Ilona Andrews
C'mon, Mee,' Henry said. 'You're among family.' 'Totally,' Kim said. ~ Gayle Forman
226 quotes by Gayle Forman
First, you must be certain that you are ready for knowledge. There are many things that we bury in our minds for a reason. Are you sure that you want to go digging up the past?"- Elsie (Marked Book #1) page 226 ~ A.N. Meade
226 quotes by A.N. Meade
What could be the utopia for the present age?
To begin with, I would want all of human order to make a partnership, beginning in schools. It is atrocious that the children leave the partnership and go to be educated by a professor, just a man or a woman. This negates partnership. Classes should be taught by couples of both sexes, and children should be educated by a man and a woman ...
... not necessarily a husband and wife. This is what I would do as a first political measure to improve social life: all human activities would have to be carried out in complimentary pairs. ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky
226 quotes by Alejandro Jodorowsky
I found myself one evening in the dreams of the night, in that sacred building, the Temple. After a
season of prayer and rejoicing, I was informed that I should have the privilege of entering into one of
those rooms, to meet a glorious personage, and as I entered the door, I saw, seated on a raised
platform, the most glorious Being my eyes have ever beheld, or that I ever conceived existed in all the
eternal worlds. As I approached to be introduced, he arose and stepped towards me with extended
arms, and he smiled as he softly spoke my name. If I shall live to be a million years old, I shall never
forget that smile. He took me into his arms and kissed me, pressed me to His bosom, and blessed me,
until the marrow of my bones seemed to melt! When He had finished, I fell at His feet, and as I bathed
them with my tears and kisses, I saw the prints of the nails in the feet of the Redeemer of the world.
The feeling that I had in the presence of Him who hath all things in His hands, to have His love, His
affection, and His blessings was such that if I ever can receive that of which I had but a foretaste, I
would give all that I am, all that I ever hope to be, to feel what I then felt (as cited in Bryant S.
Hinckley, The Faith of Our Pioneer Fathers, pp. 226-27.) ~ Melvin J. Ballard
226 quotes by Melvin J. Ballard
On 20 November, front-line troops got 500 grams of bread per day, factory workers received 250, and everyone else 125 (that is, two slices). 'Twigs were collected and stewed,' records an historian of the siege. 'Peat shavings, cottonseed cake, bonemeal was pressed into use. Pine sawdust was processed and added to the bread. Mouldy grain was dredged from sunken barges and scraped out of the holds of ships. Soon Leningrad bread was containing 10% cottonseed cake that had been processed to remove poisons. Household pets, shoe leather, fir bark and insects were consumed, as was wallpaper paste which was reputed to be made with potato flour. Guinea pigs, white mice and rabbits were saved from vivisection in the city's laboratories for a more immediately practical fate. 'Today it is so simple to die,' wrote one resident, Yelena Skryabina, in her diary. 'You just begin to lose interest, then you lie on your bed and you never get up again. Yet some people were willing to go to any lengths in order to survive: 226 people were arrested for cannibalism during the siege. 'Human meat is being sold in the markets,' concluded one secret NKVD report, 'while in the cemeteries bodies pile up like carcasses, without coffins. ~ Andrew Roberts
226 quotes by Andrew Roberts
Walk some night on a suburban street and pass house after house on both sides of the same street each with the lamplight of the living room, shining golden, and inside the little blue square of the television, each living family riveting its attention on probably one show; nobody talking; silence in the yards; dogs barking at you because you pass on human feet instead of wheels. ~ Geoff Nicholson
226 quotes by Geoff Nicholson
Occasionally my mother called from California. My parents had hurried and difficult conversations. She asked after Buckley and Linsey and Holiday. She asked how the house was holded up and whether there was anything he needed to tell her.
'We still miss you,' he said in December 1977, when the leaves had all fallen and been blown or raked away but even still, with the ground waiting to recieve it, there had been no snow.
'I know that,' she said.
'What about teaching? I thought that was your plan,'
'It was,' she conceded. She was on the phone in the office of the winery. Things had slowed up after the lunch crowd, but five limos of old ladies, three sheets to the wind, were soon due in. She was silent and then she said something that no one, least of all my father, could have argued with. 'Plans change.'
~pgs 226; Changing plans ~ Alice Sebold
226 quotes by Alice Sebold
Certainly we talk to ourselves; there is no thinking being who has not experienced that. One could even say that the word is never a more magnificent mystery than when, within a man, it travels from his thought to his conscience and returns from his conscience to his thought. This is the only sense of the words, so often used in this chapter, "he said," "he exclaimed"; we say to ourselves, we speak to ourselves, we exclaim within ourselves, without breaking the external silence. There is great tumult within; everything within us speaks, except the tongue. The realities of the soul, though not visible and palpable, are nonetheless realities. (pg. 226) ~ Victor Hugo
226 quotes by Victor Hugo
6There is power in the house of the righteous,[226] But the house of the wicked Is filled with trouble, No matter how much money they have. 7When wisdom speaks Revelation-knowledge is released,[227] ~ Brian Simmons
226 quotes by Brian Simmons
I may have many struggles ahead- don't we all?- but I want you to know I know who I am. - Jimmy, page 226 in Saturday's Warrior ~ Linda Highman Thomson
226 quotes by Linda Highman Thomson
Rant Quotes «
» Lessons For Mutants Quotes