224 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 224.

Quotes About 224

Enjoy collection of 10 224 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 224. Righ click to see and save pictures of 224 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

O teach me how I should forget to think (1.1.224) ~ William Shakespeare
224 quotes by William Shakespeare
She was having an attack of knuckleheaded anxiety. Those attacks last a long time. ~ Louis Ferdinand Celine
224 quotes by Louis Ferdinand Celine
He invited me to a world that wasn't secret, but it was well hidden. You needed a guide. You had to know what to look for, but also how to look. You had to exert yourself to see this world. p 224 ~ Abraham Verghese
224 quotes by Abraham Verghese
Tolkien, then, was a philologist before he was a mythologist, and a mythologist, at least in intention, before he ever became a writer of fantasy fiction. His beliefs about language and about mythology were sometimes original and sometimes extreme, but never irrational, and he was able to express them perfectly clearly. In the end he decided to express them not through abstract argument, but by demonstration, and the success of the demonstration has gone a long way to showing that he did often have a point: especially in his belief, which I share, that a taste for philology, for the history of language in all its forms, names and place-names included, is much more widespread in the population at large than educators and arbiters of taste like to think. In his 1959 'Valedictory Address to the University of Oxford' (reprinted in Essays, pp. 224-40), Tolkien concluded that the problem lay not with the philologists nor with those they taught but with what he called 'misologists' – haters of the word. There would be no harm in them if they simply concluded language study was not for them, out of dullness or ignorance. But what he felt, Tolkien said, was:

"grievance that certain professional persons should suppose their dullness and ignorance to be a human norm; and anger when they have sought to impose the limitation of their minds upon younger minds, dissuading those with philological curiosity from their bent, encouraging those without this interest to believe that ~ Tom Shippey
224 quotes by Tom Shippey
He who is not satisfied with himself will not grow certainly,
For he will be but ever lost in his unquenchable thirst surely.
[224] - 4 (Thoughts) ~ Munindra Misra
224 quotes by Munindra Misra
My body burns where he doesn't touch, and burns where he does. ~ Nicola Yoon
224 quotes by Nicola Yoon
2.223 In order to discover whether the picture is true or false we must compare it with reality. 2.224 It cannot be discovered from the picture alone whether it is true or false. 2.225 There is no picture which is a priori true. ~ Ludwig Wittgenstein
224 quotes by Ludwig Wittgenstein
Monster, I do smell all horse piss, at which
my nose is in great indignation. (IV, 1, lines 223-224) ~ William Shakespeare
We defy augury. There is special providence in
the fall of a sparrow. If it be now, 'tis not to come; if it be not to
come, it will be now; if it be not now, yet it will come - the
readiness is all. Since no man, of aught he leaves, knows what is't
to leave betimes, let be. (Hamlet 5.2.217-224) ~ William Shakespeare
There should be painless progression, attended by life and peace ... Mortals will some day assert their freedom in the name of Almighty God ... Dropping their present beliefs, they will recognize harmony and as the spiritual reality and discord as the material unreality. Chapter VII pp. 224 and 228 Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures ~ Mary Baker Eddy
224 quotes by Mary Baker Eddy
2217 Quotes «
» Rant Quotes