2236 Grams Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 2236 Grams.

Quotes About 2236 Grams

Enjoy collection of 38 2236 Grams quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 2236 Grams. Righ click to see and save pictures of 2236 Grams quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

In the first century A.D., Pliny estimated that the average Roman citizen consumed only 25 grams of salt a day. The modern American consumes even less if the salt content of packaged food is not included. ~ Mark Kurlansky
2236 Grams quotes by Mark Kurlansky
Bad news coming, thought Winston. And sure enough, following on a gory description of the annihilation of a Eurasian army, with stupendous figures of killed and prisoners, came the announcement that, as from next week, the chocolate ration would be reduced from thirty grams to twenty. ~ George Orwell
2236 Grams quotes by George Orwell
If the Dark Army wanted to come for us, let them come. But hands off the Grams. ~ Stacey Rourke
2236 Grams quotes by Stacey Rourke
In my defense I have
only silence, dew on the grass, a nightingale
among the branches. You forgive it,
its long tenure in the leaves of one aspen
after another, drops of eternity, grams
of amazement, and the sleepy complaints of the poor poets ~ Adam Zagajewski
2236 Grams quotes by Adam Zagajewski
When I'm not on the road, I try to intake about 300 grams of protein a day, which is a lot. I got really into how your body absorbs it and how you feel and how crazy it is when you intake that much food and actually feel better, your brain works better, and you actually lose weight even though you're eating more. It's so methodical. ~ Albert Hammond, Jr.
2236 Grams quotes by Albert Hammond, Jr.
The most recent of the iamides, heavily advertised - authentium. Creates synthetic recollections of things that never happened. A few grams of dantine, for instance, and a man goes around with a deep conviction that he has written The Divine Comedy. Why anyone would want that is another matter and quite beyond me. ~ Stanislaw Lem
2236 Grams quotes by Stanislaw Lem
I was born at six months, and I weighed 900 grams [less than two pounds]. I have a very heroic birth story. ~ Etgar Keret
2236 Grams quotes by Etgar Keret
You know the steez; you know my whole program. Brothers from the No-Lands, all we want is the G's guns and grams. ~ Raekwon
2236 Grams quotes by Raekwon
Has anyone else ... "
"Hmm?" Grams walked the paper back across the room and took up her tray of hospital good again, settling it over me. "Has anyone else, what?:
"Been by," I mumbled. "To visit."
Grams gave me a knowing smile. "A charming young woman with a mouth that could give a sailor a heart attack? A sweet little one who brought you flowers? The one who spent half a day chasing doctors and nurses around, demanding answers about your condition? Or, by any chance are you referring to a very well - mannered Southern boy? ~ Alexandra Bracken
2236 Grams quotes by Alexandra Bracken
I could deal with this [Pokemon] if I smoked a couple of grams of blacktar heroin. ~ Robert Downey, Sr.
2236 Grams quotes by Robert Downey, Sr.
I imagine the gods saying, We will
make it up to you. We will give you
three wishes, they say. Let me see
the squirrels again, I tell them.
Let me eat some of the great hog
stuffed and roasted on its giant spit
and put out, steaming, into the winter
of my neighborhood when I was usually
too broke to afford even the hundred grams
I ate so happily walking up the cobbles,
past the Street of the Moon
and the Street of the Birdcage-Makers,
the Street of Silence and the Street
of the Little Pissing. We can give you
wisdom, they say in their rich voices.
Let me go at last to Hugette, I say,
the Algerian student with her huge eyes
who timidly invited me to her room
when I was too young and bewildered
that first year in Paris.
Let me at least fail at my life.
Think, they say patiently, we could
make you famous again. Let me fall
in love one last time, I beg them.
Teach me mortality, frighten me
into the present. Help me to find
the heft of these days. That the nights
will be full enough and my heart feral. ~ Jack Gilbert
2236 Grams quotes by Jack Gilbert
I'm sure the holy refrigerator is packed solid with cartons of Blue Bell ice cream - times a million. All those amazing flavor combinations minus the calories and fat grams, of course. After all, we are talking about heaven here, amen? ~ Diane Moody
2236 Grams quotes by Diane Moody
Almond Joys are a childhood favorite, but most of us could do without all those grams of sugar, especially when trying to instill healthy habits in our kids. ~ Homaro Cantu
2236 Grams quotes by Homaro Cantu
Like many women who've dieted on and off for years, I was scared to stop counting Weight Watchers points or calories or fat grams or whatever I was counting at any given moment, afraid that if I stopped restraining myself, my hunger would be insatiable. I had to learn to trust my own appetite, and man, was that scary. I mean, if there were no rules, what would stop me from just eating and eating and eating until I weighed five hundred pounds? How would I know when to stop eating the foods I loved if there was no one to tell me to stop? ~ Harriet Brown
2236 Grams quotes by Harriet Brown
The government has a monopoly on the supply of marijuana that you can use in FDA-approved research. So even though there are 20 states and the District of Columbia [that have legalized medical marijuana], and there's marijuana everywhere, we've spent seven years trying to get 10 grams of marijuana for vaporizer research. We're the only people in America that can't get 10 grams of marijuana. ~ Rick Doblin
2236 Grams quotes by Rick Doblin
Grams calls them "worry crumbs" those leftover bits of an uncomfortable idea. She fixes worry crumbs with sayings and she has one to fit almost any size mess or confusion. ~ Blue Balliett
2236 Grams quotes by Blue Balliett
Do you know how to hide a dead body? ~ Chris Grams
2236 Grams quotes by Chris Grams
Once you decide on the best poison for the termination, you must work out the correct concentration. For instance, I know that five milligrams of cetratranic acid dropped into a bell-jar with a single moth will take about three seconds to stun it. I know that seven milligrams will anaesthetize it and ten is enough to kill it, providing the moth does not weight more than 3.5 grams. I also know that to kill fifty moths you need five times the concentration or volume of killing fluid, but to kill seven thousand you'd need only two hundred times the concentration. I know that potassium chloride could never kill a larger moth and potassium sulphide would only ever be strong enough to anaesthetize it. I know that cyanide kills anything. But what I don't know right now is the precise amount I will need to kill Vivien. ~ Poppy Adams
2236 Grams quotes by Poppy Adams
The Nazis knew they were doing wrong, so they hid everything; the Bolsheviks were convinced they were doing right, so they kept everything. Like it or not, you're a Russian historian, a searcher for lost souls, and in Russia the truth is always written not in ink, like in other places, but in innocent blood. These archives are as sacred as Golgotha. In the dry rustle of the files you can hear the crying of children, the shunting of trains, the echo of footsteps down to the cellars, the single shot of the Nagant pistol delivering the seven grams. The very paper smells of blood" (401). ~ Simon Montefiore
2236 Grams quotes by Simon Montefiore
The visual team of 'Blade Runner' - one of the last big fantasy movies to be made without much computer graphics finery - worked directly for Scott, who sketched each of his prolific ideas on paper (they were called 'Ridley-grams'). ~ Richard Corliss
2236 Grams quotes by Richard Corliss
Thus 2t Grams confronts us with the same interpretive dilemma as the one in The Wings of the Dove: is the suicidal sacrificial gesture a true ethical act or not? In contrast to Wings, the answer here is yes: there is no narcissistic staging of one's death at work when Paul shoots himself, no manipulative strategy of using one's death as a gift destined to secretly sabotage what it appears to make possible. ~ Slavoj Zizek
2236 Grams quotes by Slavoj Zizek
Minus the Tresses..the World seems 100 grams lighter!! :-) ~ Abha Maryada Banerjee
2236 Grams quotes by Abha Maryada Banerjee
Paul Broca, for example, was a famous French craniologist in the nineteenth century whose name is given to Broca's area, the part of the frontal lobe involved in the generation of speech (which is wiped out in many stroke victims). Among his other interests, Broca used to measure brains, and he was always rather perturbed by the fact that the German brains came out a hundred grams heavier than French brains. So he decided that other factors, such as overall body weight, should also be taken into account when measuring brain size: this explained the larger Germanic brains to his satisfaction. But for his prominent work on how men have larger brains than women, he didn't make any such adjustments. Whether by accident or by design, it's a kludge. ~ Ben Goldacre
2236 Grams quotes by Ben Goldacre
Grams bailed on us - went on some seniors' cruise instead of spending the holiday with her family. How dare she, right? That bitch." Beau snickers, which I take as an indication that he's joking. If not, I feel bad for his grandmother. "Joanna and I are in the city with our folks. Let's meet up. ~ Elle Kennedy
2236 Grams quotes by Elle Kennedy
When you take a lot of cocaine powder you tend to take a lot of alcohol with it as well, so for many years really I never went out without at least four or five grams of cocaine powder. ~ Stephen Fry
2236 Grams quotes by Stephen Fry
'21 Grams' is only one story told by three different points of view, but they are really physically connected - literally, with the heart. ~ Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu
2236 Grams quotes by Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu
On 20 November, front-line troops got 500 grams of bread per day, factory workers received 250, and everyone else 125 (that is, two slices). 'Twigs were collected and stewed,' records an historian of the siege. 'Peat shavings, cottonseed cake, bonemeal was pressed into use. Pine sawdust was processed and added to the bread. Mouldy grain was dredged from sunken barges and scraped out of the holds of ships. Soon Leningrad bread was containing 10% cottonseed cake that had been processed to remove poisons. Household pets, shoe leather, fir bark and insects were consumed, as was wallpaper paste which was reputed to be made with potato flour. Guinea pigs, white mice and rabbits were saved from vivisection in the city's laboratories for a more immediately practical fate. 'Today it is so simple to die,' wrote one resident, Yelena Skryabina, in her diary. 'You just begin to lose interest, then you lie on your bed and you never get up again. Yet some people were willing to go to any lengths in order to survive: 226 people were arrested for cannibalism during the siege. 'Human meat is being sold in the markets,' concluded one secret NKVD report, 'while in the cemeteries bodies pile up like carcasses, without coffins. ~ Andrew Roberts
2236 Grams quotes by Andrew Roberts
Jordan loomed over her and a flash of light blinded her momentarily. The knife. Shane felt her newfound courage faltering, felt herself falling back through the years, into the body of that little girl.
No.
She closed her eyes, pictured Matt's face, Gram's face, and felt her strength returning. She would not let Jordan terrify her again. She might fail tonight, she might die, but she would not be his whimpering victim.
Opening her eyes, she braved the flashing glare of the hunting knife he held above her face. She willed her body to lie still as she stared straight into his eyes. With a thrill of triumph, she saw the surprise in the gray eyes that stared back at her.
Neither of them spoke a word, but they both knew the final moves in the game were at hand, and that Shane had just altered the rules. She could see the dawn of awareness in his eyes: She was no longer a mere pawn to toy with as he pleased.
On the other hand, he still had the knife. ~ Jane Taylor Starwood
2236 Grams quotes by Jane Taylor Starwood
Despite having apparently conquered his most debilitating social problems, to this day, Daniel says he still can't shave himself, or drive a car. The sound of the toothbrush scratching his teeth drives him mad. He says he avoids public places, and is obsessive about small things. For breakfast, he measures out exactly forty-five grams of porridge on an electric scale. ~ Joshua Foer
2236 Grams quotes by Joshua Foer
When just a kid, moved back to Canada and looking for a taste of England, I'd picked up a book of my Gram's, a dog-eared romance from the 'sixties about English hospital 'sisters' trying to get it on with the doctors, and thought it very shocking behaviour for nuns. ~ Roberta Pearce
2236 Grams quotes by Roberta Pearce
Did you know that when someone dies their body weight drops quite suddenly? It is not really noticeable unless you have held them close whilst they are dying, praying to every god that you won't lose them. It is just a touch. But it's there when they leave you.
Twenty-one grams. That is the weight of a human soul. ~ Nikita Gill
2236 Grams quotes by Nikita Gill
Everyday I attempt to consume 4,000 Calories and 200 grams of protein. I don't always reach that mark but when I go to bed at night I know that I did the best I could given my schedule and the circumstances that day. ~ Robert Cheeke
2236 Grams quotes by Robert Cheeke
Don't you two dare say a thing," she pointed a finger at us, straightening her skirt with the other hand. "Just bite your tongues."
"You look great, Lucinda."
"And you're a liar and should have your mouth washed out with soap," she tugged on the sleeves of her cardigan.
"Nice pearls," I pointed to her neck.
"Didn't I tell ya'll to bite yer tongues," Gram's southern drawl became more pronounced when she was irritated. ~ Micalea Smeltzer
2236 Grams quotes by Micalea Smeltzer
The mind is just a delusion not a reality. If the materials are perception of our mind, then why we cannot turn into handsome guys and beautiful ladies without putting a hundred grams of makeup powder? ~ M.F. Moonzajer
2236 Grams quotes by M.F. Moonzajer
Breakfast: eggs, egg whites, lean breakfast meats, Greek yogurt, smoothies with protein powder. Lunch or dinner: salmon, chicken breasts, extra-lean ground turkey, extra-lean ground beef, turkey or chicken sausage, lean beef (top round, shoulder roast, skirt steak), tuna, cod, tilapia, shrimp, tofu. Snacks: Greek yogurt, nuts and seeds, roasted edamame beans, protein bars (pick bars with at least 10 grams of protein and no more than 30 grams of carbs), protein shakes. ~ Michael A. Roussell
2236 Grams quotes by Michael A. Roussell
You know as far as diet goes, for a while I was really obsessed with counting fat grams along with the rest of the world. ~ Jean Smart
2236 Grams quotes by Jean Smart
Statistics compiled by the German Federal Motor Transport Authority highlight how successfully we have reduced fuel consumption. A few years ago, the CO2 emissions for the BMW brand were at well over 200 grams per kilometer. In 2009, that number was at 159 grams. This puts us below our direct competitors ... ~ Norbert Reithofer
2236 Grams quotes by Norbert Reithofer
I would much rather have a couple of hundred grams of chicken in the afternoon than neck a shake. You're better off just keeping your diet relatively lean and eating simply. ~ Jai Courtney
2236 Grams quotes by Jai Courtney
Only Few Friends Quotes «
» Threadgill Memorial Services Quotes