223 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 223.

Quotes About 223

Enjoy collection of 18 223 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 223. Righ click to see and save pictures of 223 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

One noteworthy study suggests that people who suppress negative emotions tend to leak those emotions later in unexpected ways. The psychologist Judith Grob asked people to hide their emotions when she showed them disgusting images. She even had them hold pens in their mouths to prevent them from frowning. She found that this group reported feeling less disgusted by the pictures than did those who'd been allowed to react naturally. Later, however, the people who hid their emotions suffered side effects. Their memory was impaired, and the negative emotions they'd suppressed seemed to color their outlook. When Grob had them fill in the missing letter to the word "gr_ss", for example, they were more likely than others to offer "gross" rather than "grass". "People who tend to [suppress their negative emotions] regularly," concludes Grob, "might start to see their world in a more negative light." p. 223 ~ Susan Cain
223 quotes by Susan Cain
Winter was usually the slow season at the menagerie, with so many of the animals hibernating, but that year I was busier than a hen with a double set of chicks. ~ Patricia C. Wrede
223 quotes by Patricia C. Wrede
And in just this way the days after my father's death became weeks became months in the familiar ceaseless cruelty of time, carrying us ever forward even when we sit still. Time does not pass, pain grows. (p.223) ~ Niall Williams
223 quotes by Niall Williams
Frames 221 to 223: The motorcade is now in front of the camera lens, moving ever so slowly.
The President and First Lady are waving to the crowd. The President almost stands up to send kisses to a few ladies in the front rows, but the First Lady holds him by the arm.
The President sits back comfortably in his Lincoln. He is enjoying himself terribly. ~ Francis Barel
223 quotes by Francis Barel
It's wonderful the way cats bound about,
it's wonderful how men are not found out
so far.
It's miserable how many miserable are
over the spread world at this tick of time.
These mysteries that I'm

rehearsing in the dark did brighter minds
much bother through them ages, whom who
finds
guilty for failure?
Up all we rose with the dawn, springy for pride,
trying all morning. Dazzled, I subside
at noon, noon be my gaoler

and afternoon the deepening of the task
poor Henry set himself long since to ask:
Why? Who? When?
--I don't know, Mr Bones. You asks too much
of such as you & me & we & such
fast cats, worse men. ~ John Berryman
223 quotes by John Berryman
An upright character is of greater worth than the gold of Ophir. Without it none can rise to an honorable eminence. But character is not inherited. It cannot be bought. Moral excellence and fine mental qualities are not the result of accident. The most precious gifts are of no value unless they are improved. The formation of a noble character is the work of a lifetime and must be the result of diligent and persevering effort. God gives opportunities; success depends upon the use made of them. - Patriarchs and Prophets, pp. 222, 223. ~ Ellen G. White
223 quotes by Ellen G. White
Every nation on Earth was attacked. Earth's casualties were 461 killed, 223 wounded, none captured, and 216 missing. Mars' casualties were 149,315 killed, 446 wounded, 11 captured, and 46,634 missing. At the end of the war, every Martian had been killed, wounded, captured, or been found missing. Not a soul was left on Mars. Not a building was left standing on Mars. The last waves of Martians to attack Earth were,-to the horror of the Earthlings who pot-shotted them, old men, women, and a few little children. The ~ Kurt Vonnegut
223 quotes by Kurt Vonnegut
Quince ... why didn't you ever tell her? This girl you love. Why didn't you tell her how you feel?" ... "Because"- his voice is heavy with a kind of resigned sadness-"She doesn't want to know."
Lily & Quince pg.223 ~ Tera Lynn Childs
223 quotes by Tera Lynn Childs
Pray tell us, what's your favorite number?" ...
"Shiva jumped up to the board, uninvited, and wrote 10,213,223" ...
"And pray, why would this number interest us?"
"It is the only number that describes itself when you read it, 'One zero, two ones, three twos, two threes'. ~ Abraham Verghese
223 quotes by Abraham Verghese
If someone left, mean not your happiness gone surely,
Happiness dependant not on others but yourself but be.
[223] - 4 (Thoughts) ~ Munindra Misra
223 quotes by Munindra Misra
2.223 In order to discover whether the picture is true or false we must compare it with reality. 2.224 It cannot be discovered from the picture alone whether it is true or false. 2.225 There is no picture which is a priori true. ~ Ludwig Wittgenstein
223 quotes by Ludwig Wittgenstein
The older we get, the bigger the catalog of failures Satan can throw in our faces. You may think, 'I don't have anything to offer.' But you can teach out of your failures as well as your successes (p. 223). ~ Nancy Leigh DeMoss
223 quotes by Nancy Leigh DeMoss
Monster, I do smell all horse piss, at which
my nose is in great indignation. (IV, 1, lines 223-224) ~ William Shakespeare
223 quotes by William Shakespeare
Ultimately...we're all alone in this world ~ Takehiko Inoue
223 quotes by Takehiko Inoue
Conquer the angry one by not getting angry; conquer the wicked by goodness; conquer the stingy by generosity, and the liar by speaking the truth.
[Verse 223] ~ Gautama Buddha
223 quotes by Gautama Buddha
Wait." "So what am I supposed to do now?" "You know, Jin, I would have saved myself from five hundred years' imprisonment beneath a mountain of rock had I only realized how good it is to be a monkey." (222-223) ~ Gene Luen Yang
223 quotes by Gene Luen Yang
My agency was pure and miraculous. It conferred power upon me. (pg. 223) ~ Yann Martel
223 quotes by Yann Martel
They can herd you only because you can't herd yourselves. Forget the flock. Forget the dogs. Herd yourselves (p. 223).
Melmouth, of the George Flock in Three Bags Full ~ Leonie Swann
223 quotes by Leonie Swann
Shigenori Kamiya Quotes «
» Gonfiare Lounger Quotes