2013 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 2013.

Quotes About 2013

Enjoy collection of 100 2013 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 2013. Righ click to see and save pictures of 2013 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Being that the *historical* Jesus was of pure Hebraic descent- lineage of Eber- He was not an Arab or of Arabic descent, therefore He was not dark skinned as most Israeli's are not."

~R. Alan Woods [2013] ~ R. Alan Woods
2013 quotes by R. Alan Woods
The distribution of wealth is even more unequal than that of income ... The wealthiest 5% of American households held 54% of all wealth reported in the 1989 survey. Their share rose to 61% in 2010 and reached 63% in 2013. By contrast, the rest of those in the top half of the wealth distribution -families that in 2013 had a net worth between $81,000 and $1.9 million -held 43% of wealth in 1989 and only 36% in 2013. ~ Janet Yellen
2013 quotes by Janet Yellen
For the first time in my life, I fully realized that I was not in charge. I knew that I needed to submit to Heavenly Father's will. I couldn't have what I wanted when and how I wanted it just because I was keeping the commandments. The purpose of prayer was not to tell Heavenly Father what to do, rather to find out what He would have me do and learn. I needed to align my will with His ... Prayer is less about changing our circumstances and more about changing us. It is about seeking His will and asking for His help to do what we need to do."
June 2013 Ensign, "Improving Your Personal Prayers ~ Kevin W. Pearson
2013 quotes by Kevin W. Pearson
It does seem that the sea ice is returning to 'average' after the record lows of 2007 and 2008. There has been a definite recovery trend since then, so far from being a progression towards ice free summers it seems that it was a temporary dip. The recent observations do make the 2007 projections that the region would be ice free by 2013 look very unrealistic. Given what is happening only the foolish would look many years into the future and predict ice free summers now. ~ David Whitehouse
2013 quotes by David Whitehouse
The model for tomorrow, and this is the model I've been using with enormous enthusiasm since I started blogging back in 2001, is to try everything. Make mistakes. Surprise ourselves. Try anything else. Fail. Fail better. And succeed in ways we never would have imagined a year or a week ago. ~ Neil Gaiman
2013 quotes by Neil Gaiman
Caleb does the mental equivalent of throwing his hands in the air in defeat. I ignore him.

Lyons, Heather (2013-11-17). A Matter of Heart (Fate Series Book 2) (p. 50). Cerulean Books. Kindle Edition. ~ Heather Lyons
2013 quotes by Heather Lyons
Around 2008 and again in 2013 NATO officially offered the Ukraine the opportunity to join NATO. That's something no Russian government is ever going to accept. It's right at the geopolitical heartland of Russia. ~ Noam Chomsky
2013 quotes by Noam Chomsky
We are no longer under the 'Law', but rather the Grace of God in Christ."

The 'Pan' script made it to the Black List in 2013. ~ Jason Fuchs
2013 quotes by Jason Fuchs
Carlsen will be ridiculously difficult to play against. (on the 2013 World Championship match) ~ Viswanathan Anand
2013 quotes by Viswanathan Anand
In the 2013 Economists Program, we hired 51 percent women, 49 percent men. And the reason for that is that we have a draft from all over the world, and we've hired, for instance, in that group, a good number of Chinese economists - highly qualified, all Ph.D.s from the best universities of the world. And guess what? They're all women. ~ Christine Lagarde
2013 quotes by Christine Lagarde
$20 by Vanessa Place, the first product of VanessaPlace Inc., debuted on May 3, 2013 at Cage, NYC.
The limited edition of $20, available for $50, sold out within the hour.

$20 - Poetry that speaks for itself ~ Vanessa Place
2013 quotes by Vanessa Place
We know where a song's popularity starts, and we can watch it spread," Titus told me. Take, for example, Lorde, the out-of-nowhere sensation of 2013. Shazam's engineers can rewind time to trace the international contagion of her first single, "Royals, ~ Anonymous
2013 quotes by Anonymous
The big risk to British lives in 2013 is in Afghanistan. Our troops, diplomats and aid workers have made a big contribution there. But while there is an end date for Western engagement, 2014, there isn't a proper end game. ~ David Miliband
2013 quotes by David Miliband
The synoptic Gospels of the New Testament manuscripts make us aware of Christ's character and gives us a view of the 'son-ship' He modeled which flowed out of that Divine character."

The Edmund Pettus Bridge - which in 2013 was declared a National Historic Landmark - isn't symbolic of the Civil War in a meaningful way. It is, however, the modern-day battlefield where the voting rights movement was born. ~ Douglas Brinkley
2013 quotes by Douglas Brinkley
Quote from my future book "Beyond the Absurd":
"Psychologists have finally proven that the entire justice system's deep motives and its idea as a whole, which have existed for thousands of years, are completely false, since they rest upon empty human delusions. Namely, the delusion that people can control or change the future and win over the evil that has already taken place. According to the studies, this is impossible, since it's the evil of the moment that makes the world go round and this is a fixed constant". ~ Alexandar Tomov
2013 quotes by Alexandar Tomov
Simply stated, the need for accurate intelligence and prescient analysis from CIA has never been greater than it is in 2013 - or than it will be in the coming years. ~ John O. Brennan
2013 quotes by John O. Brennan
Just call me Mr. Cain. And in 2013, they can call me Mr. President. ~ Herman Cain
2013 quotes by Herman Cain
I'm sorry. Are we interrupting your family time with this little inconsequential battle?"

Eve, Jaymin (2013-09-23). Spurn (A Walker Saga Book 2) (p. 386). . Kindle Edition. ~ Jaymin Eve
2013 quotes by Jaymin Eve
Sometimes all darkness needs is a little of the right kinda light; I am your light Mischeif.
PHOENIX ROCKSTAR - JAN 2013. ~ Bec Botefuhr
2013 quotes by Bec Botefuhr
Our rate moves will have an impact on the economy in 2013. Whether we raise or lower rates depends on how the economic situation develops. ~ Marek Belka
2013 quotes by Marek Belka
Finally, we close this section with the following from the January 25, 2013, final rule: Covered entities and business associates that implement the specified technologies and methodologies with respect to protected health information are not required to provide notifications in the event of a breach of such information - that is, the information is not considered "unsecured" in such cases.58 We encourage covered entities and business associates to take advantage of the safe harbor provision of the breach notification rule by encrypting limited data sets and other protected health information pursuant to the Guidance. ... If protected health information is encrypted pursuant to this guidance, then no breach notification is required following an impermissible use or disclosure of the information."59 ~ Anonymous
2013 quotes by Anonymous
It's faith that got me here. So it's faith that will get me through. ~ Jonathan Anthony Burkett
2013 quotes by Jonathan Anthony Burkett
- Excuse me gentlemen, I know it is a little disturbing, because tomorrow is the end of the world, and that man is dead, but still…he hadn't paid. Can we arrange the matter somehow? – she looks the gathered with endless anxiously and still a little angry face. ~ Alexandar Tomov
I suspect Dr. Robert L. Webb may be theologically a 'hyper-Calvinist' of the Jesse Mercer persuasion."

The ability to see the future does not require sight just Vision and Passion to embrace Change for a better American future.-12-05-2013 ~ Michael E. McKinzy Sr.
2013 quotes by Michael E. McKinzy Sr.
Observation:

Thanks to technological advances, avid readers seem to be replacing DTBAD (Dead Tree Book Acquisition Disorder) with an alphabet soup of more more modern-day hoarding behaviors: EBAD (E-Book Acquistion Disorder), EGAD (Electronic Gadget Acquisition Disorder), and ABAD (Audiobook Acquisition Disorder). Of course, there's also MYBAD (Movie and YouTube Acquisition Disorder: the hoarding or obsessive viewing of digital films and videos, some based on books). If any of these syndromes describes you, take heart: there's probably an app for that! - 8/9/2013 ~ Lisa Tolliver
2013 quotes by Lisa Tolliver
Books are important, and so serious intellectual attention to them is important. While promplty published scholarly articles are also important, the book format remains the only format that allows scholars, in every field and from every prespective, to take the time and space to develop an argument in depth. Books are at the heart of political science. Important books help to create new research agendas. ~ Jeffrey C. Issac Editor-in-Chief Perspectives On Politics 12 2013
2013 quotes by Jeffrey C. Issac Editor-in-Chief Perspectives On Politics 12 2013
China uses about half of the world's cement for its new roads and buildings.
According to the World Bank in 2007, China had 16 of the world's 20 most polluted cities.
One day in January 2013, the air pollution index in Beijing was 755 - measured on a scale of 0 to 500!
In late 2012, 16,000 dead pigs were found floating in the river that supplies water to
Shanghai, the PRC's largest city.
For 2010, a ministry of the Chinese government estimated the monetary cost of the environmental damage caused by rapid industrialization at $230 billion, which is 3.5 percent of China's gross domestic product.
Air pollution from Chinese factories wafts over to the Koreas and Japan. Sometimes, upper atmospheric winds carry the sulphur dioxide from China's coal-burning clear over to North America's west coast. ~ James Peoples
2013 quotes by James Peoples
When I was a student there in the mid-1990s, they had just created the weekend; depth and individuality were slowly returning after the austere, colorless low of the 1970s. When I returned to live in China from 2005 to 2013, the country was building everything anew. ~ Evan Osnos
2013 quotes by Evan Osnos
Tree nuts and peanuts = 3 servings per week Fresh fruits including natural fruit juices = 3 servings per day Vegetables = 2 servings per day Seafood (primarily fatty fish) = 3 servings per week Legumes = 3 servings per week Sofrito = 2 servings per week White meat In place of red meat Wine with meals (optional) = 7 glasses per week Discouraged Soda drinks < 1 drink per day Commercial baked goods, sweets, pastries < 3 servings per week Spread fats < 1 serving per day Red and processed meats < 1 serving per day *Adapted from Estruch, et al. (2013) Sofrito is a sauce made with tomato and onion, and often includes garlic, herbs, and olive oil. Commercial bakery goods, sweets, and pastries included cakes, cookies, biscuits, and custard, and did not include those that are homemade. December 2014 Page 100 of 112 ~ Anonymous
2013 quotes by Anonymous
I think the hardest thing about writing is writing.
[Interview clip in the In Memoriam section of the 85th Academy Awards ceremony, Feb. 24, 2013] ~ Nora Ephron
2013 quotes by Nora Ephron
We all over-share here. It's a problem we have. It's like we all think our lives are a movie and we want everyone to understand every single part of it.

Cooper, J. S. (2013-11-16). The Other Side of Love (Forever Love) (p. 110). ~ J.S. Cooper
2013 quotes by J.S. Cooper
To make 2013 (or any other)your year, keep it simple:
1) Count your blessings first
2) Whatever you did last year, Do it better
3) Go step by step, One day at a time.
4) Create/make your own opportunities.
5) Believe in your abilities at all times,
6) Qutting is not an option. Keep Going.
7) Finish what you started ~ Pablo
2013 quotes by Pablo
Being Irish and a citizen of the world, has made me truly appreciate Irish culture, music and history. Whether you're first, second generation Irish or even with no connection to Ireland, you should visit in 2013 for a unique experience. ~ Liam Neeson
2013 quotes by Liam Neeson
Let's not fight. It makes my heart split in pain,

Malpas, Jodi Ellen (2013-05-21T04:00:00+00:00). This Man Confessed (Kindle Location 5874). Kindle Edition. ~ Jodi Ellen Malpas
2013 quotes by Jodi Ellen Malpas
If you don't like the weather in southern Ohio, just wait fifteen minutes!!!".

Certainly, in the spring of 2013 I hadn't fucked up as many gay lives as Bill Clinton had. ~ Bret Easton Ellis
2013 quotes by Bret Easton Ellis
I am in complete alignment with my thinking with this statement by F. F. Bruce: 'Whether our approach is theological or historical, it does matter whether the New Testament documents are reliable or not'."

Quote from "Unexpected Tales from the Ends of the Earth":
"The only one everlasting love is the unrealized one. The love to this thing that you'd never had. Behind it is hidden the love to your own ego and feelings". ~ Alexandar Tomov
Thirty-five percent of all my dates were at the movies from 2013 to 2014. ~ Theophilus London
2013 quotes by Theophilus London
I was born, slipping on a symphony of broken melancholy; created of pencils and crayons; i was not supposed to be this way. i guess i am a "disappointment". i paint and draw. i like to write poetry. The things I excel at could fit inside my shoe." Excerpt from the poem,"Pain"written in 1995, by E.H. Cato(my maiden name) featured in Volume 2 of the Rantings & Ravings Series, 2013. ~ Emily H. Sturgill
2013 quotes by Emily H. Sturgill
He lowered his lips to hers, snatching the breath from her lungs, the thoughts from her head. There was only the feeling of his kiss, his mouth, his body.

Cane, Laken (2013-08-26). Shiv Crew (Rune Alexander) (p. 274). Laken Cane. Kindle Edition. ~ Laken Cane
2013 quotes by Laken Cane
„Maybe the happiness is out there...
Like déjà vu. In another time, where all consciousness feel, that the beauty still exists. Where the people have forgotten the pain in the past and death. Where the demons are dead. Where everything is clear. Where you can see the magic of life, like mesmerizing, ghostly mist in the dark of being…". ~ Alexandar Tomov
Nine months after graduation, a little more than half of the class of 2013 had found full-time jobs as lawyers, down from 77 percent of 2007, according to the most recent data from the American Bar Association and the National Association for Law Placement. Those who did find jobs had starting salaries that were 8 percent below the 2009 peak, averaging $78,205 in 2013. While attending American University Washington ~ Anonymous
2013 quotes by Anonymous
In September 2013, the panel of 209 lead authors and 600 contributing authors, from 39 nations, poring over 9,200 scientific publications, came to these landmark conclusions: global warming is "unequivocal," sea levels are rising, ice packs are melting, and if we continue at this pace we "will cause further warming and changes in all components of the climate." However, they added, we can slow the process down if we begin at once. ~ Diane Ackerman
2013 quotes by Diane Ackerman
The culmination of a long struggle was 2013, which could clearly be labeled the Year of the Gay. State after state had legalized gay marriage, despite intense opposition from the religious right. ~ Edmund White
2013 quotes by Edmund White
Raising taxes is the last thing we should do amid the weakest economic recovery since World War II. Unfortunately, even if we avoid the full 'Taxmageddon' scenario, President Obama's health care law also contains a new surtax on investment that will take effect in 2013. ~ John Cornyn
2013 quotes by John Cornyn
The Angel of Death took the woman's frail hand. "Don't be afraid." she said. "Life is your past. Death, on the other hand, is your soul preparing for a new beginning. A brand new adventure, if you like." An excerpt from Paradox - Equilibrium. Book 4 in the Paradox series (release date 2013) ~ Patti Roberts
2013 quotes by Patti Roberts
I've always said that the 1986 [Immigration Reform and Control] Act had a fourth leg [in addition to law enforcement, increased immigration and amnesty] to its stool which was wishful thinking. And that pattern of a four-legged stool was copied in the failed attempts to enact a second and bigger general amnesty for illegal aliens in 2006, 2007, and in the current year 2013. ~ Jan C. Ting
2013 quotes by Jan C. Ting
Real love is the shared loneliness". ~ Alexandar Tomov
She doesn't blame you. She knows this isn't your fault. It's not like on the day they were passing out Connections, you decided to hog two for yourself because you're a greedy bitch."

Lyons, Heather (2013-11-17). A Matter of Heart (Fate Series Book 2) (p. 320). Cerulean Books. Kindle Edition. ~ Heather Lyons
2013 quotes by Heather Lyons
In 2013, science writer Natalie Angier gave the centrality of female friendship a zoological boost, pointing out that, In animals as diverse as African elephants and barnyard mice, blue monkeys of Kenya and feral horses of New Zealand, affiliative, long-lasting and mutually beneficial relationships between females turns out to be the basic unit of social life. ~ Rebecca Traister
2013 quotes by Rebecca Traister
Jehovah, the great and mighty God of Israel, protects and gives His warriors victory over His enemies, Selah."

… our nation's truly critical problems are built into the very structure of the economic and political system; they are not something passing in the night that will go away even when we elect forward-looking leaders and actively pressure them to move in a different direction. ~ Gar Alperovitz
2013 quotes by Gar Alperovitz
I don't think faith is positive, because faith means belief without evidence, and you shouldn't believe anything without evidence. ["The Daily Show" 24 Sept 2013] ~ Richard Dawkins
2013 quotes by Richard Dawkins
The year 2013 has been very difficult, with a lot of headwinds in almost every region and every business. ~ Baba Kalyani
2013 quotes by Baba Kalyani
Help us to forgive ourselves as we struggle in our process of forgiving others."

Discovering the inapplicability of Judeo-Christian morality in certain circumstances involving affairs of state can be searing. The rare individuals who have recognized the necessity of violating such morality, acted accordingly, and taken responsibility for their actions are among the most necessary leaders for their countries, even as they have caused great unease ..

- In Defense of Henry Kissinger, The Atlantic 2013 May

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/p... ~ Robert D. Kaplan
2013 quotes by Robert D. Kaplan
Quote from "FUTURE GONE":
" ... I set the house on fire. It's dark outside. The fire tears down the darkness. I turn my back to the place and leave, not knowing where.
And suddenly I understand ...
All dreams are dead now". ~ Alexandar Tomov
In the end, it will just melt away quite suddenly. It might not be as early as 2013 but it will be soon, much earlier than 2040. ~ Peter Wadhams
2013 quotes by Peter Wadhams
I'm speaking for a bunch of girls when I say that the idea that feminism is completely natural and shouldn't even be something that people find mildly surprising, it's just a part of being a girl in 2013. ~ Lorde
2013 quotes by Lorde
Whoever rises to deliver the inaugural Address of 2013 will speak to a nation in which the American Dream is under profound economic and cultural pressure. This is perhaps best measured by the state of the middle class. ~ Jon Meacham
2013 quotes by Jon Meacham
The same thing I did in 2013 is what I'm trying to do in 2014, which is continue to improve, continue to shock people. You know, I have several projects coming up between 2014 and 2015, and hopefully by 2015, I'll have another hour of stand-up material where I'll be able to go on the road and tour again. ~ Kevin Hart
2013 quotes by Kevin Hart
Chronic stress in infancy and early childhood has been identified as a major contributor to adult health problems. In 2009, Jack Shonkoff and colleagues published a major review in the Journal of the American Medical Association that stated that "adult disease prevention begins with reducing early toxic stress." Considering the state of American's health, this is something we should take quite seriously. A recent report from the Institute of Medicine (2013) noted the following:

"For many years, Americans have been dying at younger ages than people in almost all other high-income countries. This disadvantage has been getting worse for three decades, especially among women. Not only are their lives shorter, but Americans also have a longstanding pattern of poorer health that is strikingly consistent and pervasive over the life course."

One way we can improve the health of the next generation is to challenge the hegemony of the cry-it-out advocates. We need to stand by the others we serve as they make the decision to defy cultural norms and respond to their babies. The health of the next generation depends on it. ~ Kathleen Kendall-Tackett
2013 quotes by Kathleen Kendall-Tackett
The Love of Christ in us never fails".

And I've already spent too much time Doing things I didn't want to So if I want to drink alone dressed like a pirate Or look like a dyke Or wear high heels and lipstick Or hide in a convent Or try to be mayor Or marry a writer Smoke crack and slash tires Make jokes you don't like Or paint ducks and retire You can bet your black ass that I'm going to. - from An Evening With Neil Gaiman & Amanda Palmer, 2013 ~ Amanda Palmer
2013 quotes by Amanda Palmer
In early 2014, the global economy's top five companies' gross cash holdings - those of Apple, Google, Microsoft, as well as the US telecom giant Verizon and the Korean electronics conglomerate Samsung - came to $387 billion, the equivalent of the 2013 GDP of the United Arab Emirates.78 This capital imbalance puts the fate of the world economy in the hands of the few cash hoarders like Apple and Google, whose profits are mostly kept offshore to avoid paying US tax. "Apple, Google and Facebook are latter-day scrooges," worries the Financial Times columnist John Plender about a corporate miserliness that is undermining the growth of the world economy. ~ Andrew Keen
2013 quotes by Andrew Keen
The most divisive issue facing New Yorkers in 2013 is stop and frisk, a tactic used by law enforcement to stop, question, and frisk people suspected of a crime. ~ Sal Albanese
2013 quotes by Sal Albanese
Alek didn't move, unsure what he could say or do to erase her pain. Like the rest of the Draig, he was a warrior, a fighter, used to the action of doing what needed to be done. But in this situation there was no giant fanged yorkin to hunt, no Var army to battle. There was only reality and the flawed nature of imperfect men. - Dragon Lords 6: The Stubborn Lord by Michelle M. Pillow - Coming 2013 ~ Michelle M. Pillow
2013 quotes by Michelle M. Pillow
He settled in his beautiful Georgian house in Lymington surrounded by beautiful things. He knew how to live well, perhaps without regard for his health. He hated exercise, smoked, drank and wrote. Today he would have been bullied by wife and children and friends into giving up these habits and changing his lifestyle, but I'm not sure he would have given in. Maybe like me, he would simply find a quiet place. Dominic Wheatley, 2013 ~ Dennis Wheatley
2013 quotes by Dennis Wheatley
I live to inspire, not start the fire. ~ Jonathan Anthony Burkett
Regulators in Britain, America and Switzerland fined six banks - HSBC, Royal Bank of Scotland, UBS, Bank of America, JPMorgan Chase and Citigroup - a total of $4.3 billion for manipulating foreign exchange markets. Britain's Financial Conduct Authority said that traders at the banks had colluded to rig important benchmark exchange rates between 2008 and 2013. ~ Anonymous
2013 quotes by Anonymous
Although all new talkers say names, use similar sounds, and prefer nouns more
than other parts of speech, the ratio of nouns to verbs and adjectives varies
from place to place (Waxman et al., 2013). For example, by 18 months, Englishspeaking infants speak far more nouns than verbs compared to Chinese or Korean
infants. Why?
One explanation goes back to the language itself. The Chinese and Korean
languages are "verb-friendly" in that verbs are placed at the beginning or end of
sentences. That facilitates learning. By contrast, English verbs occur anywhere in
a sentence, and their forms change in illogical ways (e.g., go, gone, will go, went).
This irregularity may make English verbs harder to learn, although the fact that
English verbs often have distinctive suffixes (-ing, -ed) and helper words (was, did,
had) may make it easier (Waxman et al., 2013). ~ Kathleen Stassen Berger
2013 quotes by Kathleen Stassen Berger
I'm having too much fun declaring & demonstrating the Kingdom of God, it's okay if He waits till he returns!!!."

Most literature on the subject of agile methodology... is written from the viewpoint of software developers and programmers, and tends to place its main emphasis on programming techniques and agile project management - testing is usually only mentioned in the guise of unit testing and its associated tools. ...However, unit tests alone are not sufficient and broader-based testing is critical to the success of agile development processes. ~ Tilo Linz
2013 quotes by Tilo Linz
Opportunities are born by learning! ~ Jonathan Anthony Burkett
In 2013, we opened our first international office in London and established a European hub in Berlin. ~ Jon Oringer
2013 quotes by Jon Oringer
We recommend that you use Blend for Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 to work on the visual appearance of your app. ~ Anonymous
2013 quotes by Anonymous
The average human attention span was 12 seconds in 2000 and 8 seconds in 2013. A drop of 33%. The scary part is that the attention span of a goldfish was 9 seconds, almost 13% more than us humans. That's why it's getting tougher by the day to get people to turn the page. Maybe we writers ought to try writing for goldfish! ~ Ashwin Sanghi
2013 quotes by Ashwin Sanghi
A book is a dream that you hold in your hands.
(As quoted on BookRiot, June 18, 2013) ~ Neil Gaiman
2013 quotes by Neil Gaiman
Climate alarmists insist that the apparently missing heat (from CO2 warming)is hiding in the deep ocean -- which is like telling a child Santa Claus lives at the North Pole, as deep ocean heat can't be measured.
-- Ralph B. Alexander, Letter to The Oregonian, January 28, 2013 ~ Ralph B. Alexander
2013 quotes by Ralph B. Alexander
Towards the end of summer 2013, when school ended, I decided to re-download all of my social media channels and make videos again. The next day, I woke up and had 9,000 followers. I did the same thing the next day and woke up with 54,000 followers. ~ Nash Grier
2013 quotes by Nash Grier
Being that 'reason is not antithetical to faith' (Woods) and that Pentecost established the Reality of super-nature (Lewis) and that 'theology matters' (Wimber), then 'empowered evangelicalism' (Nathan) is the natural expression of discipleship."

F1s can only prescribe on in-patient drug cards and TTOs . The GMC's Good Medical Practice ( 2013 ) guidance states you should avoid providing medical care to yourself or anyone with whom you have a close personal relationship . ~ Oxford Handbook
2013 quotes by Oxford Handbook
We don't know what it's like not to be in love with you. We loved you the moment you looked at us, held our hand, danced dirty, kissed us. We were lost in you way before we even met, before the thought crossed your mind that you were bored and we were vaguely good-looking, interesting, exotic, fuckable. While you were weighing options, we were just hoping it wouldn't hurt too much - the fucking, or the falling in love, or the rejection. We didn't get to choose. - Kai Cheng Thom to -----, 2013 (age 22) ~ Jeanette Lynes
2013 quotes by Jeanette Lynes
In 2013, 1 percent of poor renters lived in rent-controlled units; 15 percent lived in public housing; and 17 percent received a government subsidy, mainly in the form of a rent-reducing voucher. The remaining 67 percent - 2 of every 3 poor renting families - received no federal assistance. 32 This drastic shortfall in government support, coupled with rising rent and utility costs alongside stagnant incomes, is the reason why most poor renting families today spend most of their income on housing. ~ Matthew Desmond
2013 quotes by Matthew Desmond
There was only really one time that I had a substantive interaction with the president [Barak Obama] directly, and that was in 2013 when we were deciding whether to file a brief in the first gay marriage case, the Perry against Hollingsworth case. That was a weighty decision about whether the United States government was going to come in and say that heightened scrutiny ought to apply and some state bans on same-sex marriage ought to be unconstitutional. And that was the one time in my tenure where I thought I ought not make this decision without talking to the president. ~ Donald Verrilli Jr.
2013 quotes by Donald Verrilli Jr.
In 2013, Samsung accounted for about 20 percent of South Korea's total business profits. Samsung Electronics, just one of scores of subsidiaries, accounts for close to 15 percent of the total shares in the South Korean stock market. But you don't need to know these figures to get a feel for Samsung's hold on the country. ~ Kim Young-ha
2013 quotes by Kim Young-ha
In 2013 there were 7,427 poetry readings in April, many on a Thursday. For anyone born in 1928 who pays attention to poetry, the numerousness is astonishing. In April 1948, there were 15 readings in the United States, 12 by Robert Frost. So I claim. The figures are imaginary, but you get the point. ~ Donald Hall
2013 quotes by Donald Hall
USE EMOTIONS AS INFORMATION. Horses use emotion as information to engage surprisingly agile responses to environmental stimuli and relationship challenges:

(a) Feel the emotion in its purest form
(b) Get the message behind the emotion
(c) Change something in response to the message
(d) Go back to grazing. In other words, let the emotion go, and either get back on task or relax, so you can enjoy life fully. Horses don't hang on to the story, endlessly ruminating over the details of uncomfortable situations

-- from an October 30, 2013 article on the Intelligent Optimist magazine ~ Linda Kohanov
2013 quotes by Linda Kohanov
First, the very idea that there should be any serious kind of health insurance for Americans (beyond tiny elites) simply did not have much reality until World War II - and it was (again) the war that gave it reality. With wartime labor scarce, wage-price controls were enacted to keep bidding wars in check. Corporations, unable to offer more pay, tried to compete with benefits instead. The modern idea of widespread employer-provided health insurance developed as a strategy to attract wartime workers, and continued in many industries after the war, especially during the boom era. ~ Gar Alperovitz
2013 quotes by Gar Alperovitz
I have everything that I could ever need or want, in this moment and in this place and it lies within myself to be all that I was created for in this life. I will not faint and I will not falter! I shall overcome and defeat that which comes against anyone or anything that I hold dear." Risa in The Phoenix Three: No Greater Love. Scheduled for release in 2013. ~ Eilish Hawes-Fraser
2013 quotes by Eilish Hawes-Fraser
I think that if you believe in regime change, you're mistaken. In 2013, we put 600 tons of weapons - us, Saudi Arabia, and Qatar - into the war against [Bashar] Assad. By pushing Assad back, we did create a safe space. ~ Rand Paul
2013 quotes by Rand Paul
To even get to the Olympics, I have to qualify for the 2013 World Championships and the standard is high. I know I am always going to be a few points behind the top guys. ~ Vanessa Mae
2013 quotes by Vanessa Mae
No one is calling any of these designers racist. The act itself is racist. There were more black models working in the Seventies than there are in 2013. This a time when silence is not acceptable at all. If the conversation cannot be had publicly in our industry, then there is something inherently wrong. ~ Iman Abdulmajid
2013 quotes by Iman Abdulmajid
Keisha, my love," I said in my fey-est, gayest drawl, "your bum doesn't just look big, it is big. No, I take that back. It's enormous. Planets feel inferior beside it . Lesser bums are drawn into orbit around it. Last time it went dark, everyone said, Oh, is it an eclipse? And I told them, 'No, it's Keisha's bum blotting out the sun.' I could compose odes to the size of your bum."

Jude answering Keisha's question "Does my bum look big in this?"

Merrow, JL (2013-04-09). Slam! (Kindle Locations 35-38). ~ J.L. Merrow
2013 quotes by J.L. Merrow
Exhibit 6.2 Cost of $1,000 in Monthly Lifetime Annuity Income, Starting at Age 65 Year Male Female 2004 $157,432 $167,818 2005 $157,255 $167,817 2006 $151,700 $161,363 2007 $151,524 $160,966 2008 $147,953 $155,843 2009 $156,500 $165,502 2010 $170,116 $178,410 2011 $174,828 $182,952 2012 $187,008 $195,216 2013 $183,728 $191,571 Average $163,804 $172,746 Source: CANNEX Financial Exchanges for non-COLA-adjusted qualified annuity income with a 10-year guarantee for California. ~ Moshe A. Milevsky
2013 quotes by Moshe A. Milevsky
I will have won Wimbledon this year in 2013, and I will stop with that. It was magnificent. You will certainly see me at tournaments again, but not playing. ~ Marion Bartoli
2013 quotes by Marion Bartoli
Falsehoods Quotes «
» Old Farmer S Almanac Quotes