2012 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 2012.

Quotes About 2012

Enjoy collection of 100 2012 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 2012. Righ click to see and save pictures of 2012 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

The United States Constitution turned 225 years old in 2012. It is the central document of American history and politics. From all sides of the political spectrum, from ranks of society low and high, it is ceaselessly venerated, admired, and invoked. But all too seldom is it read. It sometimes seems that Americans worship the Constitution so deeply that they find its actual text a distraction. ~ Garrett Epps
2012 quotes by Garrett Epps
I started to book good television jobs in 2010. I started to get really close to exceptional jobs in 2011, and then I got 'Arrow' in 2012. I know how lucky I am because just getting the lead in a pilot doesn't guarantee that that pilot is going to turn into something great. ~ Stephen Amell
2012 quotes by Stephen Amell
I was beginning to feel that there would never be another American uprising, that the energy was gone, and I have some reasons to think that might be true. I like to point out that the crime rate in America has been declining for a long time, and in my opinion it's because Americans don't even have enough gumption to commit crimes anymore: the creative aspect of crime has fallen into decay. As for the uprising that takes a principled stand against violence, hats off to them, I admire the idealism, but I don't think it's going to accomplish much. ~ Hakim Bey
2012 quotes by Hakim Bey
Auctions are a venerable selling institution, in use since the time of Herodotus. The word comes from the Latin auctus, meaning to increase. An obscure term for auction, one guaranteed to impress friends and neighbors, is the Latin word subhastare. It is the conjunction of sub, meaning "under," and hasta, meaning "spear." After a military victory, a Roman soldier would plant his spear in the ground to mark the location of his spoils. Later, he would put these goods up for sale by auction.
¹The highest bidder was called the emptor, whence the term caveat emptor. ~ Rakesh V. Vohra
2012 quotes by Rakesh V. Vohra
This is the new year the new you. You can pass through another year, coasting on cruise control. Or you can step out of your comfort zone, trying things you have never done before, & make 2012 as the year that you elevate from where you are & soar high. Make it happen! ~ Pablo
2012 quotes by Pablo
Oprah's quitting in 2011. Now we know why the Mayans ended their calendar in 2012 ~ Craig Ferguson
2012 quotes by Craig Ferguson
In a difficult and uncertain environment, Renault remains on track to meet its 2012 objective. ~ Carlos Ghosn
2012 quotes by Carlos Ghosn
In December 2012, the U.S. 9th district court granted a temporary injunction to the Japanese whalers that ordered the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society U.S.A. to not approach within 500 yards of the whaling vessels. ~ Paul Watson
2012 quotes by Paul Watson
The attack on Americans in Benghazi on September 11, 2012 is a stark reminder that our nation must remain vigilant in protecting our citizens from the threat of Al-Qaeda and similar extremist terrorist entities around the world. ~ Bob Corker
2012 quotes by Bob Corker
When does life become easy
does it ever become a pain
how do we as a people make things change
could we start with love and spread it from shore to shore
Maybe give our last dollar to the needy and the poor
God gave us grace for all of us to be a free people inside to decide what we need
When all is said and done and its time to go home I hope we all realize that we gave it our all and we made this place a home ~ William Timothy Taylor 2012
2012 quotes by William Timothy Taylor 2012
My top priority for 2012 will be to make a renewed push for women's economic empowerment and political participation. ~ Michelle Bachelet
2012 quotes by Michelle Bachelet
As nearly two dozen Secret Service agents and members of the military were punished or fired following a 2012 prostitution scandal in Colombia, Obama administration officials repeatedly denied that anyone from the White House was involved. ~ Carol D. Leonnig
2012 quotes by Carol D. Leonnig
[...] It is. Philosophy is a field that, unfortunately, reminds me of that old Woody Allen joke, "those that can't do, teach, and those that can't teach, teach gym." And the worst part of philosophy is the philosophy of science; the only people, as far as I can tell, that read work by philosophers of science are other philosophers of science. It has no impact on physics what so ever, and I doubt that other philosophers read it because it's fairly technical. And so it's really hard to understand what justifies it. And so I'd say that this tension occurs because people in philosophy feel threatened, and they have every right to feel threatened, because science progresses and philosophy doesn't.
[the atlantic, Has Physics Made Philosophy and Religion Obsolete? - interview, apr 23 2012] ~ Lawrence M. Krauss
2012 quotes by Lawrence M. Krauss
I love lists. Always have. when I was 14, I wrote down every dirty word I knew on file cards and placed them in alphabetical order. I have a thing about about collections, and a list is a collection with purchase. (Wired Magazine, "Step One: Make a List", October 2012) ~ Adam Savage
2012 quotes by Adam Savage
According to a 2012 study, modern fracking "events" (as they are called) use an average of five million gallons of water - " 70 to 300 times the amount of fluid used in traditional fracking." Once used, much of this water is radioactive and toxic. In 2012, the industry created 280 billion gallons of such wastewater in the U.S. alone - " enough to flood all of Washington DC beneath a 22ft deep toxic lagoon," as The Guardian noted.

In other words, extreme energy demands that we destroy a whole lot of the essential substance we need to survive - water - just to keep extracting more of the very substances threatening our survival and that we can power our lives without. ~ Naomi Klein
2012 quotes by Naomi Klein
As my other obligations are beginning to take an inordinate amount of time, I have asked to step down as WMG's board chairman, effective January 31, 2012. However, I will remain a director of the company and in that way, continue my association with Warner Music and its extraordinary people. ~ Edgar Bronfman, Jr.
2012 quotes by Edgar Bronfman, Jr.
The light moves slowly down its flanks and gradually fills the lower valleys.

Kahn, Peter H. , Jr.
Hasbach, Patricia H.
2012-08-13 Ecopsychology ~ Peter H. Kahn Jr.
2012 quotes by Peter H. Kahn Jr.
In 2012 President Obama didn't go anywhere near African-American communities. Why? Because unemployment was so high there, he didn't want to address it. ~ Rudy Giuliani
2012 quotes by Rudy Giuliani
While binge drinking is a significant issue, it is likely that many members of the public would be surprised by its categorisation as a mental illness, particularly at the milder end."

Public confusion caused by differing understandings of the term 'mental illness'.
Jorm AF, Reavley NJ.
Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2012 May;46(5):397-9.
PMID: 22535288 ~ Anthony F. Jorm
2012 quotes by Anthony F. Jorm
Language is not the barrier, the heart is".

~R. Alan Woods [2012] ~ R. Alan Woods
2012 quotes by R. Alan Woods
I finished 'Ice Age: Continental Drift' in 2012, and I'm living in my agent's guest bedroom in Los Angeles because you don't make a ton of money writing an animated film. The movie makes a billion dollars, and you make 'twelve cents.' ~ Jason Fuchs
2012 quotes by Jason Fuchs
When you left
you left behind a field
of silent flowers
under a sky
full of unstirred clouds...you left
a million butterflies
mid-silky flutters

You left like midnight rain
against my dreaming ears

Oh and how you left
leaving my coffee scentless
and my couch comfortless

leaving upon my fingers
the melting snow of you

you left behind
a calendar full of empty days
and seasons full of aimless wanders

leaving me alone
with an armful of sunsets

your reflection behind
in every puddle
your whispers
upon every curtain
your fragrance
inside every petal

you left your echoes in between
the silence of my eyes

Oh and how you left
leaving my sands footless
and my shores songless

leaving me with windows full of
moistened moonlight

nights and nights
of only a half-warmed soul

and when you left...
you left behind a lifetime
of moments untouched

the light of a million stars
unshed

and when you left
you somehow
left my poem...unfinished.

(Published in Taj Mahal Review Vol.11
Number 1 June 2012) ~ Sanober Khan
2012 quotes by Sanober  Khan
Presidential election results in 2008 and 2012 clarified that talk radio was not, in fact, running the country. ~ Timothy Noah
2012 quotes by Timothy Noah
Professional loyalty now flows "horizontally" to and from your network rather than "vertically" to your boss, as Dan Pink has noted. ~ Reid Hoffman
2012 quotes by Reid Hoffman
Always beware of the fact, that the only thing hindering an all out revolution is your fear of losing the scraps they throw at you.
Twitter post, July 29, 2012 ~ Gore Vidal
2012 quotes by Gore Vidal
Since 2006, we have surpassed Alaska, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and California in oil production to become the second largest oil-producing state in the nation, trailing only Texas. In 2012, North Dakota produced more than 245 million barrels of oil and provided nearly 11 percent of all U.S. output. ~ John Hoeven
2012 quotes by John Hoeven
Sweetness peppered with spice. A smidgen of naughtiness with the nice. Toss in some goofiness with the smart. Throw in some strength to support the heart. Cupfuls of love to even it all out and tenaciousness sprinkled in to combat the doubt. Cook over some fire to meld it all in and you've got one good woman underneath this skin. 2012 ~ Jenna Cornell
2012 quotes by Jenna Cornell
Chief Justice Warren Burger, a conservative appointed by Richard Nixon, described the new interpretation of the Second Amendment in an interview after his tenure as 'one of the greatest pieces of fraud-I repeat the word FRAUD-on the American public by special-interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime. ~ Fareed Zakaria
2012 quotes by Fareed Zakaria
You can't forget how important coming together is, whether it be a mom and a son, a dad and a daughter, whether the family be ten people, or twenty people, or a million people. Dinnertime is the perfect time for that. Dinnertime is the perfect time when you can sit down, you can offer thanks to your kids for making you laugh, or to your parents for supporting you, or to a god for looking out for you, or to whomever you want. You can just close your eyes and open them again and realize that you have the opportunity everyday to change your life, or change someone else's. Dinnertime is a great time to think about that.

~ Dillon, age 22
From Dinnertimes: Stories of American Life, 1912 to 2012 ~ Deborah L. Halliday
2012 quotes by Deborah L. Halliday
Hear what I say, and not how I look."

China uses about half of the world's cement for its new roads and buildings.
According to the World Bank in 2007, China had 16 of the world's 20 most polluted cities.
One day in January 2013, the air pollution index in Beijing was 755 - measured on a scale of 0 to 500!
In late 2012, 16,000 dead pigs were found floating in the river that supplies water to
Shanghai, the PRC's largest city.
For 2010, a ministry of the Chinese government estimated the monetary cost of the environmental damage caused by rapid industrialization at $230 billion, which is 3.5 percent of China's gross domestic product.
Air pollution from Chinese factories wafts over to the Koreas and Japan. Sometimes, upper atmospheric winds carry the sulphur dioxide from China's coal-burning clear over to North America's west coast. ~ James Peoples
2012 quotes by James Peoples
For Randy Neugebauer, the Texas Republican who chairs the investigations subcommittee, the top sources of funding for his 2012 reelection campaign are from the insurance, banking, finance, securities and real estate industries. ~ Gary Weiss
2012 quotes by Gary Weiss
Among Evangelical Christians, all of whom await the Second Coming of Jesus, there are historically two camps: postmillennialists and premillennialists. For most of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, most were of the "post" variety, meaning that they expected the Messiah's return after the thousand-year reign of peace. In order to hasten His arrival, they set out to create that harmonious world here and now, fighting for the abolition of slavery, prohibition of alcohol, public education, and women's literacy.
The chaos of the Civil War and industrialization caused many evangelicals to rethink their optimism. They determined that Jesus would actually arrive before the final judgment. Therefore any efforts toward a just society here on earth were futile; what mattered was perfecting one's faith. As historian Randall Balmer writes, these believers "retreated into a theology of despair, one that essentially ceded the temporal world to Satan and his minions. ~ Mark Sundeen
2012 quotes by Mark Sundeen
In Windows Server 2012 R2, Server Core is the default installation option for reasons other than simply providing administrators with the ability to switch options after installing. In Windows Server 2012 R2, Microsoft is attempting to fundamentally modify the way that administrators work with their servers. Server Core is now the default installation option because in the new way of managing servers, administrators should rarely, if ever, have to work at the server console, either physically or remotely. ~ Craig Zacker
2012 quotes by Craig Zacker
Make 2012 the year that you were nice.. because people don't like not nice people.. so be nice.. all the time! ~ Harry Styles
2012 quotes by Harry Styles
I'm not even sure I'm going to see that Colin Farrell wanna-be again."

"What happened?"

"Walked in on him and the bartender in the bathroom last night at Lotus. Usually, that wouldn't bother me, but the bartender had a mullet. Can you imagine, a mullet in 2012? So sad, Travis obviously has tragically bad taste. ~ Tamara Larson
2012 quotes by Tamara Larson
Some people think the world will end in 2012. I think we've got until 2014. I'm an optimist. ~ Garry Shandling
2012 quotes by Garry Shandling
Can't wait for tomorrow when I get to exercise my patriotic duty as an American: Complaining about how long it's taking to VOTE. ~ Stephen Colbert
2012 quotes by Stephen Colbert
It's the interaction between those characters that really makes that movie as special as it is, and I'm proud to say, as you probably know, it was the highest grossing film of 2012, it's the highest grossing film that Walt Disney has ever put out, and it's the third highest grossing film ever, in the world. ~ Jeph Loeb
2012 quotes by Jeph Loeb
I'm not a fan of mysteries, so to prepare for this experience of writing a mystery I started reading the most successful ones in the market in 2012 ... And I realized I cannot write that kind of book. It's too gruesome, too violent, too dark; there's no redemption there. ~ Isabel Allende
2012 quotes by Isabel Allende
On Sunday August 5, 2012, I was among a group of people who witnessed the Rover landing on Mars in real time at NASA's Caltech-managed Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena. ~ Ahmed Zewail
2012 quotes by Ahmed Zewail
In 2012, 40 of the top companies to work for were also among the top companies in social media. ~ Jay Baer
2012 quotes by Jay Baer
I tilt my head sideways so I can look him straight on. "What firsts have we already passed?" "The easy ones. First hug, first date, first fight, first time we slept together, although I wasn't the one sleeping . Now we barely have any left. First kiss. First time to sleep together when we're both actually awake. First marriage. First kid. We're done after that. Our lives will become mundane and boring and I'll have to divorce you and marry a wife who's twenty years younger than me so I can have a lot more firsts and you'll be stuck raising the kids." He cups my cheek in his hand and smiles at me. "So you see, babe? I'm only doing this for your benefit. The longer I wait to kiss you, the longer it'll be before I'm forced to leave you high and dry."
Hoover, Colleen (2012-12-18). Hopeless (pp. 165-166). Colleen Hoover. Kindle Edition. ~ Colleen Hoover
2012 quotes by Colleen Hoover
I spent 2010-2012 in Stockholm, trying to figure things out. I caught up on life! At the end of 2012, the relationship I was in ended, and I took the first plane to L.A. where my Swedish label has been setting up base. I felt so much more inspired to write and record than I had ever been, and the songs just started coming. ~ Erik Hassle
2012 quotes by Erik Hassle
You're the only one mean enough to make her think we're kidnappers and killers."
I'd never heard Logan so passionate.
"We are killers," Matthias said.
Bad news.
"Not girls. We don't kill girls."
Good news.
"She's no girl."
Insulting news?
A & E Kirk (2012-01-07). Demons at Deadnight (Divinicus Nex Chronicles series Book 1) (p. 311). A&E Kirk. Kindle Edition. ~ A&E Kirk
2012 quotes by A&E Kirk
In May 2012 - a year after the Arab awakening erupted - the United States made two financial commitments to the Arab world that each began with the numbers 1 and 3. The U.S. gave Egypt's military regime $1.3 billion worth of tanks and fighter jets. It also gave Lebanese public school students a $13.5 million merit-based college scholarship program, putting 117 Lebanese kids through local American-style colleges that promote tolerance, gender and social equality, and critical thinking. Having visited both countries at that time, I noted in a column that the $13.5 million in full scholarships bought the Lebanese more capacity and America more friendship and stability than the $1.3 billion in tanks and fighter jets ever would. So how about we stop being stupid? ~ Thomas L. Friedman
2012 quotes by Thomas L. Friedman
And remember whatever discipline you're in, whether you're a musician or a photographer, fine artist or a cartoonist, writer, a dancer, a singer, a designer... whatever you do, you have a thing that's unique. You have the ability to make art. ~ Neil Gaiman
2012 quotes by Neil Gaiman
It's not about an organized religious system, it's about a supernatural, intimate relationship with the creator God of Christianity".

Although there are several 'schools of thought' relating to why God allows mental, emotional, and physical afflictions, it essentially remains a mystery"

~ R. Alan Woods [2012] ~ R. Alan Woods
Knowledge & understanding mixed with ones convictions of 'experience' is hardly impositional".

2012 "Love to Luv" Book Tour schedule will be posted soon.... ~ Anderecco
2012 quotes by Anderecco
Not when tradition is built upon Truth".

If 2012 is the end of the world can I have a table for two at Ground Zero? ~ Stanley Victor Paskavich
2012 quotes by Stanley Victor Paskavich
NO reader has ANY obligation to an author, whether it be to leave a review or to write a "constructive" one. I put out a product. You are consumers of that product. Since when does that mean you have to kiss my ass? Hey, I like Pop-Tarts and eat them a few times a year; since when does that mean I'm obligated to support Kellogg's in any way except legally purchasing the Pop-Tarts before I eat them? I wasn't aware that purchasing and consuming a product meant I was under some sort of fucking thrall in which I'm only allowed to either praise the Pop-Tart (which to be honest isn't hard, especially the S'mores flavor) or, if I am going to criticize a flavor, offer a specific and detailed analysis as to why, phrased in as inoffensive and gentle a manner as possible so as not to upset the gentle people at Kellogg's."
[Something in the Water? (blog post; January 9, 2012)] ~ Stacia Kane
2012 quotes by Stacia Kane
No surprise, China leads the world in the consumption of steel, copper, aluminum, lead, stainless steel, gold, silver, palladium, zinc, platinum, rare earth compounds, and pretty much anything else labeled "metal." But China is desperately short of metal resources of its own. For example, in 2012 China produced 5.6 million tons of copper, of which 2.75 million tons was made from scrap. Of that scrap copper, 70 percent was imported, with most coming from the United States. In other words, just under half of China's copper supply is imported as scrap metal. That's not a trivial matter: copper, more than any other metal, is essential to modern life. It is the means by which we transmit power and information. ~ Adam Minter
2012 quotes by Adam Minter
Critical thinking is a necessary and vital skill".

The Mayans were right, as it turns out, when they predicted the world would end in 2012. It was just a select world: the G.O.P. universe of arrogant, uptight, entitled, bossy, retrogressive white guys ... Instead of smallpox, plagues, drought and Conquistadors, the Republican decline will be traced to a stubborn refusal to adapt to a world where poor people and sick people and black people and brown people and female people and gay people count. ~ Maureen Dowd
2012 quotes by Maureen Dowd
Petersburg was the kind of town people missed if they sneezed.
Armentrout, Jennifer (2012-09-18). Cursed (p. 86). Midpoint Trade Books. Kindle Edition. ~ Jennifer L. Armentrout
2012 quotes by Jennifer L. Armentrout
As I write in 2012 we certainly do not believe that it is over yet, and the worst may be yet to come. Efforts by governments to solve the underlying problems responsible for the crisis have still not gotten very far, and the 'stress tests' that governments have used to encourage optimism about our financial institutions were of questionable thoroughness. ~ Robert J. Shiller
2012 quotes by Robert J. Shiller
I have often been accused of being obtuse, however one must dig well below the top-soil to get my drift".

I have got better things to do in working with my athletes who I feel are going to be involved in 2012. ~ Linford Christie
2012 quotes by Linford Christie
I'd like to vote for the candidate similar to the one the Right absurdly claims Obama is. ~ Glenn Greenwald
2012 quotes by Glenn Greenwald
In 2012, Gloria Steinem sat down in her home for an interview with Oprah Winfrey. Gloria reiterated that progress for women in the home has trailed progress in the workplace, explaining, "Now we know that women can do what men can do, but we don't know that men can do what women can do."34 I believe they can and we should give them more chances to prove it. ~ Sheryl Sandberg
2012 quotes by Sheryl Sandberg
When, in 2012, Newt Gingrich was asked about how his religious beliefs would affect his conduct should he become president, the Republican nominee hopeful answered, "One of the reasons I am running is there has been an increasingly aggressive war against religion and in particular against Christianity" in the United States. For a potential president to state that he sees himself as a wartime candidate who will defend his party against other citizens is astonishing. There is not even a pretense here of "united states". ~ Candida R. Moss
2012 quotes by Candida R. Moss
In autumn 2012 I conducted a dedication and blessing service following the Civil Partnership of two wonderful gay Christians. Why? Not to challenge the traditional understanding of marriage - far from it - but to extend to these people what I would do to others: the love and support of our local church. ~ Steve Chalke
2012 quotes by Steve Chalke
The plan is to engineer events, real and staged, that will create enormous fear in the countdown years to 2012. This includes a plan to start a third world war either by stimulating the Muslim world into a "holy war" against the West or by using the Chinese to cause global conflict. Maybe both. ~ David Icke
2012 quotes by David Icke
We need responsible regulations, not regulations that have gone wild. For example, the EPA has a rule that is going to be implemented Jan. 1, 2012, where they're going to begin to regulate dust. That's right, dust. It's called PM 2.5. That is focusing on the wrong thing. ~ Herman Cain
2012 quotes by Herman Cain
On December 1, 2012, I received my first communication from Edward Snowden, ~ Anonymous
2012 quotes by Anonymous
I will barnstorm American living rooms. Mainstream media will be unable to ignore me, but more importantly they will be unable to overlook the needs of average Americans in the run-up to the 2012 election. ~ Roseanne Barr
2012 quotes by Roseanne Barr
Those who have little interest in spirituality shouldn't think that human inner values don't apply to you. The inner peace of an alert and calm mind are the source of real happiness and good health. Our human intelligence tells us which of our emotions are positive and helpful and which are damaging and to be restrained or avoided. - 12/7/2012 on his Facebook page ~ Dalai Lama XIV
2012 quotes by Dalai Lama XIV
I could go to London in 2012. I will only be 37. ~ Oxana Chusovitina
2012 quotes by Oxana Chusovitina
Let me make it clear: The Disbursement Allocation Program is not pork barrel. Of the DAP releases in 2011 and 2012, only nine percent was disbursed for projects suggested by legislators. The DAP is not theft. Theft is illegal. ~ Benigno Aquino III
2012 quotes by Benigno Aquino III
Ever since he'd given up money, certain people had called him a freeloader, a parasite. (As one comment-thread malapropist put it: "Do you Believe you are smooching off others?") They demanded to know what he was giving back. To which Suelo asked, Who says you need to give something back? What does a raven give? What does a barnacle give, or a coyote? In his view, every living thing gave plenty, merely by existing. But from a strictly materialistic view, his critics had an excellent point. A raven contributes nothing, except of course his own corpse, which will feed some other being. Now Suelo was dying, and he offered his body to the ravens, the coyotes, the ringtails, the mice, the ants. ~ Mark Sundeen
2012 quotes by Mark Sundeen
During the summer of 2009, conservative activists turned up the heat on Democratic politicians to protest the innovation-destroying, liberty-usurping Obamacare mandate. In the summer of 2012, it's squishy Republican politicians who deserve the grassroots flames. ~ Michelle Malkin
2012 quotes by Michelle Malkin
The first song I did was over a Chief Keef beat - 'Understand Me.' I did that in, like, 2011 or 2012, I think. ~ Fetty Wap
2012 quotes by Fetty Wap
with this sudden outbreak spreading so rapidly, I question whether there is any truth to the doomsday prophecy that had been circulating all year. After all, it is 2012, and it's very possible the world could end soon. ~ Ann Greyson
2012 quotes by Ann Greyson
I'm confident of what I have to achieve in the buildup to London 2012. ~ Paula Radcliffe
2012 quotes by Paula Radcliffe
When John accuses "evildoers" of leading gullible people into sin, what troubles him is what troubled the Essenes: whether - or how much - to accommodate pagan culture. And when we see Jesus' earliest followers, including Peter, James, and Paul, not as we usually see them, as early Christians, but as they saw themselves - as Jews who had found God's messiah - we can see that they struggled with the same question. For when John charges that certain prophets and teachers are encouraging God's people to eat "unclean" food and engage in "unclean" sex, he is taking up arguments that had broken out between Paul and followers of James and Peter about forty years earlier - an argument that John of Patmos continues with a second generation of Paul's followers. For when we ask, who are the "evildoers" against whom John warns? we may be surprised by the answer. Those whom John says Jesus "hates" look very much like the Gentile followers of Jesus converted through Paul's teaching. Many commentators have pointed out that when we step back from John's angry rhetoric, we can see that the very practices John denounces are those that Paul had recommended. ~ Elaine Pagels
2012 quotes by Elaine Pagels
Free markets and capitalism are predicated upon the definition of greed as altruistic in economics".

Hey, gorgeous ... Guess where I woke up today?"
I smiled as Kellan's sultry voice met my ear.
"I have no idea." And I really didn't, I'd lost track of his exact location ages ago. Kellan chuckled , and I glanced over at Denny; his eyes were back on the road. It gave me a weird sort of guilt to be back in a situation that was eerily similar to last year. Different, though, since Denny and I weren't doing anything inappropriate.
"Kansas ... Know what's in Kansas?"
I leaned back in my seat and shook my head. "No."
"Nothing," he dryly said. "Miles and miles of nothing."
Stephens, S.C. (2012-08-16). Effortless (Thoughtless Book 2) (pp. 299-300). Gallery Books. Kindle Edition. ~ S.C. Stephens
2012 quotes by S.C. Stephens
I'm not sure I'm up for going to the moon. I'd rather go to Antigua as far as holiday destinations go. Well, they all went mental didn't they, astronauts? Perhaps it's very helpful because you're reminded that you have a very short life and really there's nothing to worry about at all. But then you might come back to earth and not give a sh*t about anything. - Stylist.co.uk, 2012 ~ Miranda Hart
2012 quotes by Miranda Hart
Gotcha, Ganja Girl and Hell Boy going in,"

I said. He spanked me on the ass a big grin on his face. "What was that for?" I said with my fangs out. "That's Duke Hell Boy to you." I just rolled my eyes.

McBrayer, Jessica (2012-10-18). Hell Hounds Are For Suckers (San Francisco Vampire Series) (Kindle Locations 646-648). Mess of Geckos Publishing. Kindle Edition. ~ Jessica McBrayer
2012 quotes by Jessica McBrayer
I know whether of not your statement is true, and you know that I know whether or not it is true, because it is about me. But do you know that your statement is true? This is what I mean by passing judgment. ~ Daniel Suelo
2012 quotes by Daniel Suelo
We also have to consider the many different kinds of rape we have learned about over the past few years as conservative politicians blunder through trying to explain their stances on sexual violence and abortion.

For instance, Indiana treasurer Richard Mourdock, running for the US Senate in 2012, said, in a debate, "I struggled with it myself for a long time, and I realized that life is a gift from God, and I think even when life begins int hat horrible situation of rape, that is something God intended to happen." I've been obsessing over these words, and trying to understand how someone who purports to believe in God can also believe that anything born of rape is God-intended. Just as there are many different kinds of rape, there are many different kinds of God. I am also reminded that women, more often than not, are the recipient of God's intentions and must also bear the burdens of these intentions.

Mourdock is certainly not alone in offering up opinions about rape. Former Missouri representative Todd Akin believes in "legitimate rape" and the oxymoronic "forcible rape," not to be confused with all that illegitimate rape going on. Ron Paul believes in the existence of "honest rape," but turns a blind eye to the dishonest rapes out there. Former Wisconsin State representative Roger Rivard believes some girls, "they rape so easy." Lest you think these new definitions of rape are only the purview of men, failed Senate candidate Linda McMahon of Connect ~ Roxane Gay
2012 quotes by Roxane Gay
To be the master of tomorrow's dreams, you must first be the servant of today's planning. ~ Vincent Lowry
2012 quotes by Vincent Lowry
The days before December 21st, 2012 there were all sorts of TV specials about the end of the world and the Mayan calendar. I always thought it cut off there because some guy said, 'Hey Bob, don't you think we've gone far enough in the future for this thing? ~ Nicole Sheldon
2012 quotes by Nicole Sheldon
If you work hard and try your best absolutely anyone can do anything. ~ Helen Glover British Rowing Gold Medalist London 2012
2012 quotes by Helen Glover British Rowing Gold Medalist London 2012
Anyway, hope springs eternal. If I lose today, there's hope that tomorrow will be better." - RBG, 2012 ~ Irin Carmon
2012 quotes by Irin Carmon
Throwing your heart into something is great, but when any one thing becomes all that you stand for, you're vulnerable to an identity crisis when you pivot to a Plan B. ~ Reid Hoffman
2012 quotes by Reid Hoffman
or the need for a Trump 2012 presidential campaign ("This is what I've been waiting for my whole life, a president who's not afraid to tell the truth about being a lying asshole!"), ~ Chris Smith
2012 quotes by Chris Smith
Author and screenwriter Neil Gaiman, in a 2012 commencement address at the University of the Arts, said that excellence in business can be boiled down to three simple things: 1. Be Efficient: Turn in work on time. 2. Be Effective: Do great work. 3. Be Congenial: Be a pleasure to work with.1 Gaiman added that even mastering two of the three will take you far. If you do great work and are a pleasure to work with, most people will forgive you for missing a deadline. If you're always on time and a pleasure to work with, most people put up with less than perfect work. If you turn in great work on time, most people will put up with you being unpleasant. ~ Brad Lomenick
2012 quotes by Brad Lomenick
Joe Biden once again denied stories that he will be replaced on the ticket in 2012. He says he will continue to embarrass President Obama for another four years. ~ Jay Leno
2012 quotes by Jay Leno
We had already planned my wedding when my brother passed away in 2012. When you're grieving, you don't necessarily want to think about something like that, but my brother told me that he wanted me to, so we went ahead and did it. ~ Yaya DaCosta
2012 quotes by Yaya DaCosta
So how does God affect justice in this life/economy/reality? A lightening bolt, an angel of death, or by the hand of a human being?"

I don't want my last words to be, 'Oh god, a tiger is eating my face. My beautiful, beautiful face'. ~ Nathan Fillion
2012 quotes by Nathan Fillion
Dean Bartoli Smith's Never Easy, Never Pretty will help satisfy the hunger of so many Baltimore Ravens fans wishing to re-live the club's remarkable 2012 title year. It's a virtual play-by-play re-enactment. But, more than that, it's about the long love affair that's consumed so many in Baltimore, which commenced with a team called the Colts and continues, strong as ever, with the beloved Ravens. ~ Michael Olesker
2012 quotes by Michael Olesker
you can't sue a tsunami ... [on zero alien Disclosure] ~ Andrew Hennessey
2012 quotes by Andrew Hennessey
In 2012 about 56 million people died throughout the world; 620,000 of them died due to human violence (war killed 120,000 people, and crime killed another 500,000). In contrast, 800,000 committed suicide, and 1.5 million died of diabetes.23 Sugar is now more dangerous than gunpowder. ~ Yuval Noah Harari
2012 quotes by Yuval Noah Harari
Welcome delegates to the 2012 Republican Convention! Remember to set your watches back 400 years. ~ Andy Borowitz
2012 quotes by Andy Borowitz
Exxon Mobil and JPMorgan Chase each made more in profits in the first quarter of 2012 alone than the entire state budget of Montana. Without a doubt, multinational corporations like these have the resources to overwhelm the voices of the people. ~ Eric Schneiderman
2012 quotes by Eric Schneiderman
Symbols Quotes «
» Franklin D Roosevelt Quotes