2012 Election Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 2012 Election.

Quotes About 2012 Election

Enjoy collection of 43 2012 Election quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 2012 Election. Righ click to see and save pictures of 2012 Election quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

I will barnstorm American living rooms. Mainstream media will be unable to ignore me, but more importantly they will be unable to overlook the needs of average Americans in the run-up to the 2012 election. ~ Roseanne Barr
2012 Election quotes by Roseanne Barr
If you care about the 2012 election and value the voices of regular Americans who lost hope in their hope and change candidate, this is one documentary you won't want to miss. ~ Jedediah Bila
2012 Election quotes by Jedediah Bila
The Internet didn't get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet. The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. ~ Barack Obama
2012 Election quotes by Barack Obama
I campaigned in 2012 all over this country for months: 'Repeal and replace Obamacare.' That was not the mandate of the voters. If they wanted to repeal Obamacare, the 2012 election would have been probably significantly different. ~ John McCain
2012 Election quotes by John McCain
President Obama seems to think that you win by demonstrating that you're a more reasonable person than your opponents. It didn't work too badly, I'll grant, as an electoral strategy in the 2012 election. ~ Timothy Noah
2012 Election quotes by Timothy Noah
The Republicans' plan is that if they can't buy the 2012 election they will steal it. ~ Elizabeth Drew
2012 Election quotes by Elizabeth Drew
The weak economy, widening income inequality, gridlock in Congress and a presidential election: Those were perhaps the dominant economic and political themes of 2012. ~ Steven Rattner
2012 Election quotes by Steven Rattner
You want to know whether we're better off? I've got a little bumper sticker for you: Osama bin Laden is dead and General Motors is alive. Osama bin Laden is dead and General Motors is alive! Osama bin Laden is dead and General Motors is alive! ~ Joe Biden
2012 Election quotes by Joe Biden
For the United States of America, the best is yet to come. ~ Barack Obama
2012 Election quotes by Barack Obama
The middle class of America must pay some federal income taxes or this will no longer be America. ~ Frank Coyle
2012 Election quotes by Frank Coyle
I have a lot of reason to believe, as we saw in the 2012 election, most Americans don't agree with the extremists on any side of an issue, but there needs to continue to be an effort to find common ground, or even take it to higher ground on behalf of the future. ~ Hillary Clinton
2012 Election quotes by Hillary Clinton
Supporting the definition of marriage as one man and one woman is not anti-gay: it is pro-traditional marriage. And if support for traditional marriage is bigotry, then Barack Obama was a bigot until just before the 2012 election. ~ Marco Rubio
2012 Election quotes by Marco Rubio
The English think they are free. They are free only during the election of members of parliament. ~ Jean-Jacques Rousseau
2012 Election quotes by Jean-Jacques Rousseau
We unlearn the art of speaking well when we cease to speak with God. ~ John Calvin
2012 Election quotes by John Calvin
The little man behind that desk was the joke candidate of election years, best remembered for his trademark yellow bowtie. In Riker's fashion philosophy, bows should be reserved to the pigtails of little girls or the collars of tiny dogs hatched from peanut shells. ~ Carol O'Connell
2012 Election quotes by Carol O'Connell
Don't vote, it only encourages them. ~ Billy Connolly
2012 Election quotes by Billy Connolly
Forget the historic nature of his election having to do with skin color - Obama has an opportunity offered to few presidents: the chance to set the course of the nation for decades, if not generations, to come. Who knows: perhaps in the near future, our grandchildren will spend money with Obama's face on it. ~ Chuck Todd
2012 Election quotes by Chuck Todd
One of the best predictors of policy around is Thomas Ferguson's investment theory of politics, as he calls it - very outstanding political economist - which essentially - I mean, to say it in a sentence, he describes elections as occasions in which groups of investors coalesce and invest to control the state. ~ Noam Chomsky
2012 Election quotes by Noam Chomsky
If it's a close election, then it's better for the Supreme Court to pick the president, whether or not he won the election. It's just insane on its face. ~ Vincent Bugliosi
2012 Election quotes by Vincent Bugliosi
When I first came into parliament, there was, on average, a by-election every three months - due not to MPs bailing out, but because of the death rate. ~ David Blunkett
2012 Election quotes by David Blunkett
The aim of far too many teachings these days is to make people "feel good," and even some Buddhist masters are beginning to sound like New Age apostles. Their talks are entirely devoted to validating the manifestation of ego and endorsing the "rightness" of our feelings, neither of which have anything to do with the teachings we find in the pith instructions. So, if you are only concerned about feeling good, you are far better off having a full body massage or listening to some uplifting or life-affirming music than receiving dharma teachings, which were definitely not designed to cheer you up. On the contrary, the dharma was devised specifically to expose your failings and make you feel awful. ~ Dzongsar Jamyang Khyentse
2012 Election quotes by Dzongsar Jamyang Khyentse
According to various polls conducted, the single most important issue in last week's election was not the Iraq War, not the War on Terror, not even the economy. It was the cultural war. ~ John Doolittle
2012 Election quotes by John Doolittle
While 1857 was about 'Swaraj ki ladai', the 2014 elections would be about 'Surajya ki ladai'. ~ Narendra Modi
2012 Election quotes by Narendra Modi
The job of conservatives is to keep the Republican Party driving on the right-hand side of the road. There are many ways we do this. We argue, we publish, we lobby, we campaign for conservative candidates. Another thing we do is, when the GOP goes off the rails on really key issues - size of government, the National Question, Wilsonian adventures - we stay home on election day. ~ John Derbyshire
2012 Election quotes by John Derbyshire
We all know that election reform takes time. That's because those who have benefited from the system are the ones who fight hardest to preserve it. So if we're going to succeed, we need an independent coalition of citizens who believe in reform, who believe that our election laws should treat every voter equally, who believe that low levels of competition and participation are not healthy for democracy. The Independence Party is helping to build that coalition and I am happy to join you in doing so. ~ Michael Bloomberg
2012 Election quotes by Michael Bloomberg
I will say one thing has changed dramatically which is this Supreme Court vacancy, and it will reshape the race on my side, because I'd rather lose an election than lose the Supreme Court. ~ Hugh Hewitt
2012 Election quotes by Hugh Hewitt
I think it is dangerous to confuse the idea of democracy with elections. Just because you have elections doesn't mean you're a democratic country. They're a very vitally important part of a democracy. But there are other things that ought to function as checks and balances. If elections are the only thing that matter, then people are going to resort to anything to win that election. ~ Arundhati Roy
2012 Election quotes by Arundhati Roy
The 2016 presidential election is ripe for the emergence of a game-changing political leader who either dramatically reforms one of the existing parties or mounts an independent bid. ~ Ron Fournier
2012 Election quotes by Ron Fournier
I think when you've lost an election by 179, there's going to be a period of time after eighteen years in government when you can't do anything right, and people just kick you for the sake of it, will never admit they voted Conservative. ~ Jeffrey Archer
2012 Election quotes by Jeffrey Archer
If you stop and say, "I want to know first whether I am elect," you ask you know not what. Go to Jesus, be you never so guilty as you are. Leave all curious inquiry about election alone. Go straight to Christ and hide in His wounds, and you shall know your election. The assurance of the Holy Spirit shall be given to you, so that you will be able to say," I know whom I have believed, and I am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have commited to him." Christ was at the everlasting council: He can tell you whether you were chosen or not; but you cannot find it out in any other way. Go and put your trust in Him, and His answer will be-"I have loved thee with an everlasting love, therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee." There will be no doubt about his having chosen you, when you have chosen him." (Morning and Evening) ~ Charles Haddon Spurgeon
2012 Election quotes by Charles Haddon Spurgeon
When the shadow of the Presidential and Congressional election is lifted we shall, I hope to be in a better temper to legislate. ~ James A. Garfield
2012 Election quotes by James A. Garfield
I miss my kids, and they miss me. It's very difficult, but I have to do it for my country and fulfill my dreams coming to the 2012 London Olympics. ~ Mary Kom
2012 Election quotes by Mary Kom
I mean it's funny, playing music, how of course you want it to do well, you want them to like it, but it's not competitive like an election, it's the Olympics, it's not a Formula 1 race. The Billboard charts are just to show you what people like. ~ Eddie Van Halen
2012 Election quotes by Eddie Van Halen
The important things that in a campaign we talk about, let us not forget that once the election is over. ~ Mike Rounds
2012 Election quotes by Mike Rounds
Congress was just a gray repository that got its OS replaced with each election. ~ Joshua Cohen
2012 Election quotes by Joshua Cohen
Proposition 19 already is a winner no matter what happens on election day. The mere fact of its being on the ballot has elevated and legitimized public discourse about marijuana and marijuana policy in ways I could not have imagined a year ago. ~ George Soros
2012 Election quotes by George Soros
Just 158 rich families contributed nearly half of the $176 million given to candidates in the first phase of the presidential election of 2016 - $138 million to Republicans and $20 million to Democrats. ~ Arlie Russell Hochschild
2012 Election quotes by Arlie Russell Hochschild
Tomorrow is Election Day. That's the day we Americans wake up, consider our options, and then remember we didn't register to vote. ~ Conan O'Brien
2012 Election quotes by Conan O'Brien
Elections in Nigeria Under My Watch Have Been Credible and Transparent ~ Goodluck Jonathan
2012 Election quotes by Goodluck Jonathan
One of the reasons this election is so important is because the Supreme Court hangs in the balance. We need to overturn that terrible Supreme Court decision, Citizens United, and then reform our whole campaign finance system. ~ Hillary Clinton
2012 Election quotes by Hillary Clinton
The election of John F Kennedy will lead to the death of a free church and a free state. ~ W. A. Criswell
2012 Election quotes by W. A. Criswell
One of my favourite things to do when I write is to bring a sense of wonder to a normal everyday setting... Yes, there are magical elements, but there are also very down-to-earth elements and often what shines through isn't the magic, but the lanterns that the characters light against the dark... If you substitute the words "fairy tale" or "myth" for "fantasy," the reason I use these elements in my own work is that they create resonances that illuminate solutions to the real world struggle without the need for an authorial voice to point them out. Magic never solves the problems–we have to do that on our own–but in fiction it allows the dialogue to have a much more organic approach than the talking heads one can encounter in fiction that doesn't utilize the same tools.

[from the interview Year's Best 2012: Charles de Lint on "A Tangle of Green Men"] ~ Charles De Lint
2012 Election quotes by Charles De Lint
Well, usually when you talk about a mandate, you're talking about an overwhelming win. I don't think by any measurement the 2004 election was an overwhelming win. ~ Lincoln Chafee
2012 Election quotes by Lincoln Chafee
Silent Film Quotes «
» 2012 Vote Quotes