2012 Academy Awards Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 2012 Academy Awards.

Quotes About 2012 Academy Awards

Enjoy collection of 41 2012 Academy Awards quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 2012 Academy Awards. Righ click to see and save pictures of 2012 Academy Awards quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

When it comes to the selections, I heard several observers claim that the Academy was embracing "nostalgia" by honoring The Artist and Hugo. Give me a break! Hugo represents cutting-edge storytelling by a world-class director - in 3-D, no less. The Artist dares to revisit a form of cinema that was abandoned in the late 1920s. The Academy members admired these films for making the past seem immediate and relevant. That has nothing to do with nostalgia; it has everything to do with great moviemaking, which is what the Academy Awards are all about. ~ Leonard Maltin
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Leonard Maltin
I' ve won awards. And they didn't make me feel bad winning them. They made me feel pretty good. But it also did not make me feel bad NOT winning the Academy Award. ~ Al Pacino
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Al Pacino
My dad sent me a text saying, 'You know who you should play? Columbo. That's your Academy Award.' ~ Mark Ruffalo
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Mark Ruffalo
I'm sorry, to boycott the Academy Awards is a slap in Chris Rock's face. To host is such a prestigious honor. To boycott it is not the issue. I think it does a disservice to all the African Americans that have worked so hard this year that will be attending and looking at this as an opportunity of a lifetime. I think it's a slap in the face. I understand the sentiment, but I don't appreciate the tactic. ~ Eva Marcille
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Eva Marcille
'Groundhog Day' was one of the greatest scripts ever written. It didn't even get nominated for an Academy Award. ~ Bill Murray
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Bill Murray
I was one of the horses of the Louis B. Mayer stable, and I thought the films I was given after my Academy Awards were not worthy. ~ Luise Rainer
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Luise Rainer
Working in film, if you work with great directors, you learn that after every take you must let go. Sitting with my wife at the Academy Awards, we both let the moment just go. ~ Ben Kingsley
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Ben Kingsley
At the Academy Awards every year, there are best-dressed stars - and worst-dressed stars. But it's the worst-dressed that go down in history. ~ Brad Goreski
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Brad Goreski
Naturally, I was thrilled but being the first year, the Academy Awards had no background or tradition, and it naturally didn't mean what it does now. Had I known then what it would come to mean in the next few years, I'm sure I'd have been overwhelmed. At the time, I think I was more thrilled over meeting Douglas Fairbanks. ~ Janet Gaynor
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Janet Gaynor
Because they've either conveniently forgotten with time or they're trying to be supportive, most mothers won't tell you how hard pregnancy (and then childbirth) can be. Let me tell you, it is. It's brutal sometimes! But, if I did it, ANYONE can do it. I mean, I always knew I was meant to do something really BIG in life, and now I know that this was it. Screw winning an Academy Award someday ... I GAVE BIRTH ~ Jenny McCarthy
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Jenny McCarthy
It was amazing to be nominated by the Academy who saw fit for me to be nominated for best supporting actor. The Critic's choice award was wonderful. I'm on cloud nine. ~ Giancarlo Esposito
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Giancarlo Esposito
People see so many movies that when they finally see one not so bad as the others, they think it's great. an Academy Award means that you don't stink quite as much as your cousin. ~ Charles Bukowski
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Charles Bukowski
An Academy Award nomination is stuff dreams are made of. ~ Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy
A new kind of award has been added
the deathbed award. It is not an award of any kind. Either the recipient has not acted at all, or was not nominated, or did not win the award the last few times around. It is intended to relieve the guilty conscience of the Academy members and save face in front of the public. The Academy has the horrible taste to have a star, choking with emotion, present this deathbed award so that there can be no doubt in anybody's mind why the award is so hurriedly given. Lucky is the actor who is too sick to watch the proceedings on television. ~ Marlene Dietrich
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Marlene Dietrich
My father was a low-budget monster movie maker, so he made classics like 'The Crater Lake Monster.' There were always creatures around. And my dad was a huge fan of Ray Harryhausen. One of our neighbors, who went on to win several Academy Awards, was close friends with my dad. His name is Phil Tippett. ~ Robert Stromberg
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Robert Stromberg
You ain't ever gonna get an Academy Award for doing 'Crank,' and you certainly won't for doing all the other movies I've done. ~ Jason Statham
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Jason Statham
I've never taken time off from being an actor. This is the kind of career I'd be so happy to do until I die. I always joke to myself that I want to have a postmortem Academy Award Nomination. ~ Ansel Elgort
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Ansel Elgort
'Room' is a very subtly-made film, and directing awards tend to go to the flashier stuff, but it's the Director's section of the academy that make the decision, so I'm very proud they can see something in what I directed and wanted to reward it. ~ Lenny Abrahamson
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Lenny Abrahamson
Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, fellow members of the motion picture industry and honored guests: This is one of the happiest moments of my life, and I want to thank each one of you who had a part in selecting me for one of their awards, for your kindness. It has made me feel very, very humble; and I shall always hold it as a beacon for anything that I may be able to do in the future. I sincerely hope I shall always be a credit to my race and to the motion picture industry. My heart is too full to tell you just how I feel, and may I say thank you and God bless you. ~ Hattie McDaniel
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Hattie McDaniel
Now there are reports that Osama bin Laden would like to commit suicide on television. This is the kind of lead-in I have been praying for every since I came to CBS. Bin Laden is planning a televised suicide or, as I call it, hosting the Academy Awards. ~ David Letterman
2012 Academy Awards quotes by David Letterman
Fact is, awards shows were never really about recognizing achievement. They were a publicity ploy cooked up in the late 1920s by MGM topper Louie Mayer and his newly formed Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences which was itself, back in the day, nothing but a front organization to discourage unionizing. ~ John Ridley
2012 Academy Awards quotes by John Ridley
You can imagine what a trip this is for a Jewish girl from Great Neck-I get to win an Academy Award and meet Elizabeth Taylor at the same time. ~ Julia Phillips
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Julia Phillips
I didn't get into film to win Academy Awards. I wanted to have a conversation with the audience. ~ Kevin Smith
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Kevin Smith
I wanted to be an actor my whole young life. My dad was an actor, obviously - he won an Academy Award, but I had no idea what was involved. I had all the wrong ideas about acting. ~ Ed Begley, Jr.
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Ed Begley, Jr.
The Lion King? It's just a kid's film.

Just a kid's film?!? Yeah, just a kid's film with an IMDB rating of 8.5, 2 Academy Awards and 2 Golden Globes, that's been adapted into THE most successful West-end musical of all time, generating a gross profit of 8 million pounds and counting. "But maybe it's just a kid's film because it doesn't deal with any mature films" said fucking nobody ever. The Lion King is the greatest anthropomorphic assault upon the theme of mortality that Western culture has ever produced. It is so complex that your tiny, shriveled, and scrotum of a brain wouldn't dare to fathom it. So no, it is not just a kid's film, it is Shakespear with fur! ~ Jack Whitehall
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Jack Whitehall
Payday at my house is like the Academy Awards. My wife says: May I have the envelope please. ~ Henny Youngman
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Henny Youngman
I remember when I first won the Academy Award and how much I loved it. I just wish there was an award around that you could really believe in again. ~ Joanne Woodward
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Joanne Woodward
I haven't had an orthodox career, and I've wanted more than anything to have your respect. The first time I didn't feel it, but this time I feel it, and I can't deny the fact that you like me, right now, you like me! ~ Sally Field
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Sally Field
I was put under contract. A major studio. I got nominated for an Academy Award. Isn't that ridiculous? I mean, at the age of 18! ~ Angela Lansbury
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Angela Lansbury
I think the hardest thing about writing is writing.
[Interview clip in the In Memoriam section of the 85th Academy Awards ceremony, Feb. 24, 2013] ~ Nora Ephron
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Nora Ephron
Lonely people want to be dead, yet we're still not quite ready to go - we don't want to miss the action; we want to see who wins next year's Academy Awards. ~ Douglas Coupland
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Douglas Coupland
The Academy Awards ceremony is designed to be without irony, but Chris Rock supplied it anyway with filmed movie-theater interviews with black men and women who had never heard of the movies nominated for Best Picture. ~ Suzanne Fields
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Suzanne Fields
Hollywood
that's where they give Academy Awards to Charlton Heston for acting. ~ Shirley Knight
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Shirley Knight
Sunday is the Academy Awards. Every time an actor says, 'I didn't expect this,' Ruth Bader Ginsburg will do a shot. ~ David Letterman
2012 Academy Awards quotes by David Letterman
and dozens of tips for theme decorating, table settings, background music, and more. Whatever the occasion, we have the plan. Choose from a Formal Dinner when you want to impress, or an Academy Awards Supper when you're into fun and fantasy. Or how about a Romantic Dinner for Two with that special someone? Many of the menus can be prepared before the party. And although all the recipes featured in each menu are included, you can save time and effort by purchasing some precooked and ready-to-serve items. The main thing is to get as much done ahead of time as possible, so ~ Karen Lancaster
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Karen Lancaster
There is a strange sort of reasoning in Hollywood that musicals are less worthy of Academy consideration than dramas. It's a form of snobbism, the same sort that perpetuates the idea that drama is more deserving of Awards than comedy. ~ Gene Kelly
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Gene Kelly
What a thrill. You know you've entered new territory when you realise that your outfit cost more than your film. ~ Jessica Yu
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Jessica Yu
When they called my name, I had this feeling I could hear half of America going, 'Oh no. Come on ... Her, again?' You know. But, whatever. ~ Meryl Streep
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Meryl Streep
The (Academy Award) ceremonies are a two-hour meat parade, a public display with contrived suspense for economic reasons. ~ George C. Scott
2012 Academy Awards quotes by George C. Scott
'Y Tu Mama Tambien' is one of the first unrated movies to be nominated for an Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay. But many video stores won't take a movie that's not rated, so I had to make the movie an R. ~ Alfonso Cuaron
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Alfonso Cuaron
Men, you are about to embark on a great crusade to stamp out runaway decency in the west. Now you men will only be risking your lives, whilst I will be risking an almost certain Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor. ~ Harvey Korman
2012 Academy Awards quotes by Harvey Korman
Robert L Baird Quotes «
» Blog Article Quotes