2010 Fifa World Cup Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 2010 Fifa World Cup.

Quotes About 2010 Fifa World Cup

Enjoy collection of 47 2010 Fifa World Cup quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 2010 Fifa World Cup. Righ click to see and save pictures of 2010 Fifa World Cup quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

For the record, the vuvuzela is not my enemy - and I even have, for reasons of self-defence installed a mini-vuvu with surprisingly powerful performance levels around my neck - though I miss hearing the crescendo of noise from the crowd that should accompany a promising attack on goal or a goal itself. Instead, of course, there is the monotone drone - a constant that belies the ebbs and flows of a game. ~ Richard Calland
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Richard Calland
Rob Green needed to get the long barrier out, didn't he? ~ James Anderson
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by James Anderson
It's got to be harder in real life to win a World Cup. But depending on if you play World Class level on FIFA, it's going to be difficult to win in the video game, too. ~ Landon Donovan
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Landon Donovan
They might have beaten us at our national sport, but we managed to beat them at their national sport twice in the 20th century. [Replying to Kenneth Clarke, who said, "Isn't it terrible about losing to the Germans at our national sport?" when England lost to Germany in the 1990 FIFA World Cup Semi-final.] ~ Margaret Thatcher
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Margaret Thatcher
The adidas +Challenge is a really cool opportunity for kids here in Los Angeles and across the country to get excited for the FIFA World Cup this summer. As a big fan of soccer, Im looking forward to seeing the 32 youth teams compete for the title of Team USA and represent our country at the global finals in Berlin. ~ Luke Wilson
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Luke Wilson
This is my first FIFA Women's World Cup . For me, to see how I have reacted to this tournament ... I'm totally in. ~ Alexi Lalas
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Alexi Lalas
If a FIFA World Cup tournament had been held every year between 1982 and 1986, France would have won two or three. ~ Michel Patini
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Michel Patini
There is no one there to see it. The world is doing what it always does, demonstrating itself to itself. The world has no interest in the little figures that come and go, the phantoms that worry and worship, that rake the graveled paths and erect the occasional rock garden, the bronze boy-man, the hammered cup for snow to fall into. ~ Michael Cunningham
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Michael Cunningham
The truth is that I don't have a favourite goal. I remember important goals more than I do favourite goals, like goals in the Champions League where I had the opportunity to have scored in both finals I have played in. Finals in the World Cup or Copa del Rey are the ones that have stayed with me for longer or that I remember more. ~ Lionel Messi
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Lionel Messi
They always lose when it matters (getting it wrong about England in the rugby world cup final 2003). ~ Bernard Laporte
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Bernard Laporte
After the 2006 World Cup, I knew that you don't always need success, success, success on the pitch. ~ Oliver Kahn
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Oliver Kahn
As the 2018 World Cup Championship in Russia draws to a close, President Trump scores a hat-trick of diplomatic faux pas - first at the NATO summit, then on a UK visit, and finally with a spectacular own goal in Helsinki, thereby handing Vladimir Putin a golden propaganda trophy. For as long as this moron continues to queer the pitch by refusing to be a team player, America's Achilles' heel will go from bad to worse. It's high time somebody on his own side tackled him in his tracks. ~ Alex Morritt
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Alex Morritt
Once in camp I put a log on a fire and it was full of ants. As it commenced to burn, the ants swarmed out and went first toward the center where the fire was; then turned back and ran toward the end. When there were enough on the end they fell off into the fire. Some got out, their bodies burnt and flattened, and went off not knowing where they were going. But most of them went toward the fire and then back toward the end and swarmed on the cool end and finally fell off into the fire. I remember thinking at the time that it was the end of the world and a splendid chance to be a messiah and lift the log off the fire and throw it out where the ants could get off onto the ground. But I did not do anything but throw a tin cup of water on the log, so that I would have the cup empty to put whiskey in before I added water to it. I think the cup of water on the burning log only steamed the ants. ~ Ernest Hemingway,
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Ernest Hemingway,
She put her cup down and sighed again with pleasure. "I can't think how the Nonconformists have failed to discover coffee."
"Discover it?"
"Yes. As a snare. It does far more for one than drink. And yet no one preaches about it, or signs pledges about it. Five mouthfuls and the world looks rosy. ~ Josephine Tey
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Josephine Tey
You," he continued, grabbing my wrist. "All of you, from the safe world, with your air bags and your tamper-proof packaging and your fat-free diets. You are the superstitious ones. You convince yourself you can cheat death, and you are absolutely offended when you learn that you can't. You sat in your nice little flat all through our war and watched us, bleeding all over the TV news. And you thought, 'How awful!' and then you got up and made yourself another cup of gourmet coffee. ~ Geraldine Brooks
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Geraldine Brooks
His smile faded into something awed, something ... reverent, and I reached out to cup his face in my hands-
To find my skin glowing.
Faintly, as if some inner light shone beneath my skin, leaking out into the world. Warm and white light, like the sun-like a star. Those wonder-filled eyes met mine, and Rhys ran a finger down my arm. Well, at least now I can gloat that I can literally make my mate glow with happiness. ~ Sarah J. Maas
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Sarah J. Maas
Everyone knows that England are a far better team than their World Cup performance suggests. It's vital that we play with confidence and take the strength and competition of the engage Super League in to the Four Nations. ~ Paul Sculthorpe
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Paul Sculthorpe
To participate in a World Cup is a great honour and achievement. I've played in three World Cups. The whole world watches you during a World Cup and expects you to play innings to win games for your country. ~ Virender Sehwag
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Virender Sehwag
As far as the World Cup is concerned, it is a process. We don't want to jump to the 50th floor straight away. We must start on the ground floor. ~ Sachin Tendulkar
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Sachin Tendulkar
Ah, in this world, where every guiding thread Ends suddenly in the one sure centre, death, The visionary hand of Might-have-been Alone can fill Desire's cup to the brim! ~ James Russell Lowell
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by James Russell Lowell
[On his success] It's mad and bananas and amazing, but I can handle it for the simple reason that it genuinely feels like it's not real. You know when you go to a fancy dress party and everyone looks incredible and there are crazy things hanging from the ceiling? For about five hours or so, you enter into another world and then, when you come out of it, you are sitting at home with a cup of tea and a biscuit and you're thinking to yourself, "Well, that was weird. Fun, but weird." That's exactly what it feels like… Truly, everything that has happened to me has been beyond any reasonable expectations that I may have had. ~ Tom Hiddleston
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Tom Hiddleston
If a team lives up to its role as favorite, it will have earned the World Cup. By the way, Adidas grew by about 30 percent in Brazil even without sponsoring the national team. ~ Herbert Hainer
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Herbert Hainer
Coffee has assumed a social meaning that goes far beyond the simple black brew in the cup. The worldwide coffee culture is more than a culture
it is a cult. There are usenet newsgroups on the subject, along with innumerable sites on the World Wide Web, and Starbucks outlets populate every street corner, vying for space with other coffeehouses and chains. And after all is said and done, it's just the pit of a berry from an Ethiopian shrub. ~ Mark Pendergrast
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Mark Pendergrast
Winning the World Cup was the worst thing that ever happened to the England team. ~ Clive Woodward
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Clive Woodward
At the Cardiff World Cup I really would like to make the final. The favorites are still Peter, Daniele or Vavra, but I will try to do my best in order to be closest as possible to these athletes. ~ Benjamin Boukpeti
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Benjamin Boukpeti
We wanted to give back to the fans what they've given us, and that is unbelievable support thoughout the World Cup ~ Carla Overbeck
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Carla Overbeck
I realised in Sri Lanka that my dream of playing in a World Cup was a bridge too far, ~ Jacques Kallis
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Jacques Kallis
In '82 Brazil showed that you can't win the World Cup without a solid defense. ~ Alan Hansen
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Alan Hansen
Vladimir Putin bribed a soccer official with a Picasso painting so he would support Russia's bid to host the 2018 World Cup. Putin was like, 'It wasn't Picasso, just picture of what his face would look like if he said no.' (Nose over here, eye up here, ear in forehead.) ~ Jimmy Fallon
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Jimmy Fallon
So it's back once more, back up the slope.
Why do they always ruin my rope
with their cuts?
I felt so ready the other day,
Had a real foretaste of eternity
In my guts.
Spoonfeeding me yet another sip
from life's cup.
I don't want it, won't take any more of it.
Let me throw up.
Life is medium rare and good, I see,
And the world full of soup and bread,
But it won't pass into the blood for me,
Just goes to my head.
It makes me ill, though others it feeds;
Do see that I must deny it!
For a thousand years from now at least
I'm keeping a diet. ~ Rainer Maria Rilke
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Rainer Maria Rilke
At the beginning of the semester, Ulla wanted to pose only for the 'new trends' - a flea that Meiter, her Easter egg painter had put in her ear; his engagement present to her had been a vocabulary which she tried out in conversations with me. She spoke of relationships, constellations, actions, perspectives, granular structures, processes of fusion, phenomena of erosion. She, whose daily fare consisted exclusively of bananas and tomato juice, spoke of proto-cells, color atoms which in their dynamic flat trajectories found their natural positions in their fields of forces, but did not stop there; no, they went on and on... This was the tone of the conversation with me during our rest periods or when we went out for an occasional cup of coffee in Ratinger-Strasse. Even when her engagement to the dynamic painter of Easter eggs had ceased to be, even when after a brief episode with a Lesbian she took up with one of Kuchen's students and returned to the objective world, she retained this vocabulary which so strained her little face that two sharp, rather fanatical creases formed on either side of her mouth. ~ Gunter Grass
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Gunter Grass
If you want to win the World Cup, you need to play against the best national teams in the world. ~ Javier Hernandez
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Javier Hernandez
Christian hope frees us to act hopefully in the world. It enables us to act humbly and patiently, tackling visible injustices in the world around us without needing to be assured that our skill and our effort will somehow rid the world of injustice altogether. Christian hope, after all, does not need to see what it hopes for (Heb. 11:1); and neither does it require us to comprehend the end of history. Rather, it simply requires us to trust that even the most outwardly insignificant of faithful actions - the cup of cold water given to the child, the widow's mite offered at the temple, the act of hospitality shown to the stranger, none of which has any overall strategic socio-political significance so far as we can now see - will nevertheless be made to contribute in some significant way to the construction of God's kingdom by the action of God's creative and sovereign grace. ~ Craig M. Gay
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Craig M. Gay
If we lose the war, our creditors - mainly Americans - will go bankrupt. And if we win, we'll make the Germans pay. 'Reparations' is the word they use." "How will they manage it?" "They will starve. But nobody cares what happens to the losers. Anyway, the Germans did the same to the French in 1871." He stood up and put his cup in the kitchen sink. "So you see why we can't make peace with Germany. Who then would pay the bill?" Ethel was aghast. "And so we have to keep sending boys to die in the trenches. Because we can't pay the bill. Poor Billy. What a wicked world we live in." "But ~ Ken Follett
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Ken Follett
I think the World Cup is going to be bigger than what a lot of people are anticipating. At this stage in my career, when there is an opportunity, albeit a small one, of being on the team, what a great way to possibly end my career. ~ Al Leiter
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Al Leiter
The crowd is wonderful. There is always a superb atmosphere in the finish area. It's good for the World Cup. I missed it a lot when I had to rest and it's so nice to be back here. ~ Hermann Maier
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Hermann Maier
Leading my country out at the World Cup was something I'll never forget. ~ Mark Viduka
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Mark Viduka
The World Cup gave me a lot of confidence - just to know that I can play at the highest level and not only complete but play well. ~ Lauren Holiday
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Lauren Holiday
FIFA should show the world that it is truly a global organisation. ~ Chung Mong-joon
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Chung Mong-joon
We knew that if we had to win the World Cup, the defensive side of the game had to be better, which means bowlers will have to bowl tight and we will have to field better. ~ Ricky Ponting
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Ricky Ponting
That goal [in the 1998 World Cup] changed me-not as a person, but as a player. People have looked at me differently ever since. It gave me confidence and now I feel I can achieve anything. ~ David Beckham
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by David Beckham
When I get on the World Cup tour, I'm kind of disconnected from the world. I just kind of get wrapped up in my world and wrapped up in trying to ski fast every day, and I forget about everything else. ~ Lindsey Vonn
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Lindsey Vonn
Im looking forward to the World Cup because I believe Wayne Rooney could be one of the major finds in world football. ~ Bobby Charlton
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Bobby Charlton
One gal drank a can of floor wax and topped it off with a cup of Clorox, trying to separate herself from the same world he was in. ~ Fannie Flagg
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Fannie Flagg
There is hardly a place in New York that you can't walk a block and a half and get a cup of coffee. Believe me, I've been all over the world. There's no place like that but New York City. ~ Patti Smith
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Patti Smith
Jealousy will eat you alive if you let it. When your focus is on the external world, you are always waiting for something to fill the void. It is like trying to put a band-aid on a cut that is on the inside. You know something is hurting but you do not see the wound, you only feel it. The wound is the condition of your ungrateful heart, which can never be satisfied. Be grateful for what you have, look for opportunities to grow from a place of gratitude, and your cup will soon overflow with a lifetime of love and blessings. ~ David Mezzapelle
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by David Mezzapelle
I've scored many goals that I've liked, but I think the best memory I have is the one against Korea in the 2010 World Cup. ~ Luis Suarez
2010 Fifa World Cup quotes by Luis Suarez
Ashes Quotes «
» Association Football Quotes