2 Corinthians Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 2 Corinthians.

Quotes About 2 Corinthians

Enjoy collection of 83 2 Corinthians quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 2 Corinthians. Righ click to see and save pictures of 2 Corinthians quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

We need not get distracted by the seeming defeat or troubles of our daily lives ("what is seen"), because this affliction is actually being used by God to transform our character (2 Corinthians 3:18) so we can become the kind of citizens who will flourish in his future kingdom ("what is not seen"). ~ J.P. Moreland
2 Corinthians quotes by J.P. Moreland
2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. ~ P. Walter Gagnon
2 Corinthians quotes by P. Walter Gagnon
God uses our weaknesses to strengthen us..... 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 ~ Amanda Penland
2 Corinthians quotes by Amanda Penland
The Corinthians talked about spiritual things, but they did so in a fleshy and soulish way. The apostle Paul told them in the first book that they were fleshy and not spiritual (3:1), and in chapter 2 of the first book, he spoke of soulish men (v. 14). A spiritual man (v. 15) is one who does not behave according to the flesh or act according to the soulish life but lives according to the spirit, that is, his spirit (Rom. 1:9) mingled with the Spirit of God (8:16; 1 Cor. 6:17). Such a one is dominated, governed, directed, moved, and led by such a mingled spirit. Although the Corinthians spoke much about spiritual things, the apostle Paul designated them as fleshy and soulish. They were talking about spiritual things in the soul and in the flesh. Some may talk about the heavenly things in Ephesians, but they do so as Corinthians - in the soul or in the flesh. ~ Witness Lee
2 Corinthians quotes by Witness Lee
Apathetic to my pity party, God interrupted in a thunderous Voice with the words, "For we walk by faith, not by sight!" 2 Corinthians 5: 7 resounded in my head as I scribbled it down and smacked it up on my wall. There, I thought. Now it's up on my wall where I have to look at it every day. ~ Shelley Lubben
2 Corinthians quotes by Shelley Lubben
Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7 ~ Suzanne Crocker
2 Corinthians quotes by Suzanne Crocker
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal" (2 Corinthians 4:18, NIV). ~ Randy Alcorn
2 Corinthians quotes by Randy Alcorn
What is our task in this world as children of God and brothers and sisters of Jesus? Our task is reconciliation. Wherever we go we see divisions among people - in families, communities, cities, countries, and continents. All these divisions are tragic reflections of our separation from God. The truth that all people belong together as members of one family under God is seldom visible. Our sacred task is to reveal that truth in the reality of everyday life. Why is that our task? Because God sent Jesus to reconcile us with God and to give us the task of reconciling people with one another. As people reconciled with God through Jesus we have been given the ministry of reconciliation (see 2 Corinthians 5:18). So whatever we do the main question is, Does it lead to reconciliation among people? ~ Henri J.M. Nouwen
2 Corinthians quotes by Henri J.M. Nouwen
When members unite with the church, they should not only make a profession of faith in Christ (that is essential), but in light of 2 Corinthians 10:6 and Hebrews 13:17, etc., they should also agree to submit to the authority and discipline of the church, should they be found delinquent in doctrine or life. ~ Jay Adams
2 Corinthians quotes by Jay Adams
So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord - who is the Spirit - makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image. - 2 Corinthians 3:18 ~ Gary Chapman
2 Corinthians quotes by Gary Chapman
The start of sin and destruction, discouragement and darkness, always happened with single thought. He couldn't stop that. Wrong thoughts were like the billboard signs on the highway of life. They were bound to come. Victory or defeat depended on how he handled the thought. "Take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ." The scripture from 2 Corinthians 10:5 came back to him now, the way it had countless other times. He grabbed the wayward thought and pushed it from his heart and mind. He wouldn't be afraid. Whatever happened ... God was in control. He had nothing to fear. The Lord had worked a miracle to this point. He wasn't finished yet. ~ Karen Kingsbury
2 Corinthians quotes by Karen Kingsbury
If the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness overflows with even more glory. 2 Corinthians 3:9 ~ Beth Moore
2 Corinthians quotes by Beth Moore
If we are taught by God in affliction we are blessed. When God teaches, he applies his instruction to the heart. He commands light to shine out of darkness (2 Corinthians 4:6). The Holy Spirit brings divine truths in such a clear and convincing light that the soul sits down fully satisfied. The soul both sweetly and freely acquiesces in the revealed truths. When God teaches, the soul experiences truth as David (Psalm 119:71). Some only know notionally, but David knew by experience; he became more acquainted with the Word. He knew it more, loved it better, and was more transformed in the nature of it. Thus, Paul, "I know who I have believed" (2 Timothy 1:12) – "I have experienced his faithfulness and his all-sufficiency; I can trust my all with him. I am sure he will keep it safe to that day." Those taught of God in affliction can speak experimentally, in one degree or another. They can speak of their communion with God (Psalm 23:4). The sweet singer of Israel had comfortable presence. Those taught of God can say: "As we have heard, so we have seen. I have experienced this word upon mine heart, and can set my seal that God is true." God's teaching is a powerful teaching. It conveys strength as well as light. Truth only understood needs to be put into action and practice. God's teachings are sweet to the taste. David rolled them as sugar under his tongue, and received more sweetness than Samson from his honeycomb. Luther said he would not live in paradise without the Word, but ~ Thomas Case
2 Corinthians quotes by Thomas Case
We do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 2 Corinthians 4:16 ~ Debbie Alsdorf
2 Corinthians quotes by Debbie Alsdorf
[2 Corinthians 1:21-22] says that God has anointed us, has sealed us, and has given us the pledge, the foretaste, of the Spirit. If we are going to minister something of Christ to others, we have to experience Christ by the working of the cross, and the working of the cross is for the anointing, the sealing, and the pledge of the Spirit. ~ Witness Lee
If anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation; old things have passed away, and look, new things have come. 2 Corinthians 5:17 ~ Beth Moore
For we live by faith, not by sight."

2 Corinthians 5:7 ~ Anonymous
2 Corinthians quotes by Anonymous
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. 2 Corinthians 13:13 ~ Beth Moore
God comes right out and tells us why he gives us more money than we need. It's not so we can find more ways to spend it. It's not so we can indulge ourselves and spoil our children. It's not so we can insulate ourselves from needing God's provision. It's so we can give and give generously (2 Corinthians 8:14; 9:11) ~ Randy Alcorn
2 Corinthians quotes by Randy Alcorn
The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve ... " Matthew 20:28 Jesus also said, "Yet I am among you as the One who serves" (Luke 22:27). Paul's idea of service was the same as our Lord's - " ... ourselves your bondservants for Jesus' sake" (2 Corinthians 4:5). We somehow have the idea that a person called to the ministry is called to be different and above other people. But according to Jesus Christ, he is called to be a "doormat" for others - called to be their spiritual leader, but never their superior. ~ Oswald Chambers
2 Corinthians quotes by Oswald Chambers
Second Corinthians speaks concerning the ministry, which is constituted with, and produced and formed by, the experiences of the riches of Christ through sufferings, consuming pressures, and the killing work of the cross. The ministry is not merely a matter of gift. A person may be able to speak fluently and eloquently and give many good illustrations and proverbs, but this is just a gift. What the church, the Body, needs today is the ministry. ~ Witness Lee
We don't become saints by our actions. We are made saints by the immediate supernatural action of the Holy Spirit alone who works this change deep within our inner being so that we do, in fact, become new creations in Christ (see 2 Corinthians 5:17). ~ Jerry Bridges
2 Corinthians quotes by Jerry Bridges
I have promised you in marriage to one husband - to present a pure virgin to Christ. 2 Corinthians 11:2 ~ Beth Moore
God's Kingdom is not built on the profit motive. The world's favorite verb is get. The verb of the Christian is give. Self-interest is basic in modern society. Everyone asks, "What's in it for me?" In a world founded on materialism, this is natural and normal. But in God's Kingdom self-interest is not basic - selflessness is. The Founder, Jesus Christ, was rich, and yet He became poor that we "through his poverty might be rich" (2 Corinthians 8:9). ~ Billy Graham
2 Corinthians quotes by Billy Graham
For he says, "In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you." I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation. 2 Corinthians 6:2 ~ New International Version Bible
2 Corinthians quotes by New International Version Bible
Because Jesus' blood continually cleanses you, you cannot bounce in and out of the light of Christ, in and out of being seated in the heavenly places in Christ, in and out of being forgiven, justified, and made righteous, or in and out of fellowship with God. It is not a sometimes-yes-sometimes-no salvation, but a salvation that has secured a YES to all of God's promises because of the blood of Jesus (see 2 Corinthians 1:19-20)! ~ Joseph Prince
2 Corinthians quotes by Joseph Prince
You can trust Christ at this moment. The Bible says, "Now is the accepted time" [2 Corinthians 6:2 KJV]. Don't put it off. Don't say, "I'll think about it." Don't say, "I'll do it tomorrow." Do it right now. At this moment, say yes to Jesus Christ. ~ Billy Graham
The cross is the suffering love of God bearing the guilt of man's sin, which alone is able to melt the sinner's heart and bring him to repentance for salvation. "For he hath made him to be sin for us" [2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV]. ~ Billy Graham
God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others. - 2 Corinthians 9:8 ~ Gary Chapman
Through CHRIST, we are made new creations in the likeness of GOD. ~ 2 Corinthians 5 17
2 Corinthians quotes by 2 Corinthians 5 17
Was I wrong when I humbled myself and honored you by preaching God's Good News to you without expecting anything in return? - 2 Corinthians 11:7 ~ Gary Chapman
Even if we have known Christ in a purely human way, yet now we no longer know Him like that. 2 Corinthians 5:16 ~ Beth Moore
The things we try to avoid and fight against - tribulation, suffering, and persecution - are the very things that produce abundant joy in us. "We are more than conquerors through Him" "in all these things"; not in spite of them, but in the midst of them. A saint doesn't know the joy of the Lord in spite of tribulation, but because of it. Paul said, "I am exceedingly joyful in all our tribulation" (2 Corinthians 7:4). ~ Oswald Chambers
2 Corinthians quotes by Oswald Chambers
We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 2 Corinthians 4:8-9 ~ Anonymous
The central thought of the Scriptures is that God intends to work Himself in Christ through the Spirit into us, that God and we, we and God, might be really one in life, in nature, and in the Spirit. To show this God uses several figures or symbols in the Bible. ~ Witness Lee
We have renounced shameful secret things, not walking in deceit or distorting God's message. 2 Corinthians 4:2 ~ Beth Moore
So, our weapons are the Word used in various ways. We can pray the word, speak the word, sing the word, and study the word. As Paul tells us in 2 Corinthians, our weapons are not carnal (fleshly) weapons; they are spiritual. We need spiritual weapons because we are fighting master spirits, yes, even the devil himself. Even Jesus used the weapon of the Word in the wilderness to defeat the devil. (See Luke 4:1-13.) Each time the devil lied to Him, Jesus responded with, "It is written," and quoted him the Word. ~ Joyce Meyer
2 Corinthians quotes by Joyce Meyer
[H]ealing displays the works of God in John 9,
and sustaining grace displays the works of God in 2 Corinthians
12. What is common in the two cases is the supreme value
of the glory of God. The blindness is for the glory of God. The
thorn in the flesh is for the glory of God. The healing is for his
glory, and the non-healing is for his glory.
Suffering can only have ultimate meaning in relation to God. ~ John Piper
2 Corinthians quotes by John Piper
Katy had her Bible out. She wanted to read from 2 Corinthians, the first chapter, where the Christians were told that the sufferings of Christ would overflow into their lives as surely as the comfort would. ~ Karen Kingsbury
2 Corinthians quotes by Karen Kingsbury
When this tent we live in - our body here on earth - is torn down, God will have a house in heaven for us to live in, a home he himself has made, which will last forever. 2 CORINTHIANS 5:1 TEV ~ Rick Warren
2 Corinthians quotes by Rick Warren
To know that our Father in heaven has ordained our pain is not a comfoftable truth, but it is comforting. That our pain has a loving and wise and all-powerful purpose behind it is better than any other view
weak God, cruel God, bumbling God, no God. To know that in his hands "this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison" (2 Corinthians 4:17) is profoundly reassuring. ~ John Piper
2 Corinthians quotes by John Piper
Remember this in choosing a husband or wife, if you are unmarried. It is not enough that your eye is pleased, that your tastes are met, that your mind finds congeniality, that there is amiability and affection, that there is a comfortable home for life. There needs something more than this. There is a life yet to come. Think of your soul, your immortal soul. Will it be helped upwards or dragged downwards by the union you are planning? Will it be made more heavenly, or more earthly, drawn nearer to Christ, or to the world? Will its religion grow in vigour, or will it decay? I pray you, by all your hopes of glory, allow this to enter into your calculations. 'Think,' as old Baxter said, and 'think, and think again,' before you commit yourself. 'Be not unequally yoked' (2 Corinthians 6:14). Matrimony is nowhere named among the means of conversion. ~ J.C. Ryle
2 Corinthians quotes by J.C. Ryle
The smallness you feel comes from within you. Your lives aren't small, but you're living them in a small way. I'm speaking as plainly as I can and with great affection. Open up your lives. Live openly and expansively! ~ 2 Corinthians 6:13
2 Corinthians quotes by 2 Corinthians 6:13
If you are already a Christian, then you also have a task before you - to articulate the truth about Christ, to defend it, to share it, to preserve it, to pass it along to the next generations. As J. B. Phillips so powerfully renders 2 Corinthians 4:6: "God, who first ordered light to shine in darkness, has flooded our hearts with his light, so that we can enlighten men with the knowledge of the glory of God, as we see it in the face of Christ. ~ Ravi Zacharias
2 Corinthians quotes by Ravi Zacharias
This is still the age of grace. God's offer of forgiveness and a new life still stands. However, the door will one day be closed. Someday it will be too late. This is why the Bible continually warns and challenges: "Now is the accepted time" [2 Corinthians 6:2 NKJV]. ~ Billy Graham
2 Corinthians, 4:9, it says 'Persecuted, but not forsaken: cast down, but not destroyed:' You see God kept me standing for a reason. ~ Michele L. Waters
2 Corinthians quotes by Michele L. Waters
Though some are more able "gatherers" - that is, some are better at making money than others - the money you earn is a gift of God. Therefore, the money you make must be shared to build up community. So wealthier believers must share with poorer ones, not only within a congregation but also across congregations and borders. (See 2 Corinthians 8:15 and its context.) To extend the metaphor - money that is hoarded for oneself rots the soul. ~ Timothy Keller
2 Corinthians quotes by Timothy Keller
The Apostle Paul wrote, The things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal (2 Corinthians 4:18). The physical dies away, but the spiritual is forever. ~ David Berg
2 Corinthians quotes by David Berg
Then your good people blast their light on it, shining truth and love and compassion and understanding, and it withers even more. With every I am here and I've been there and You aren't alone and God has this, your scary truth gets less terrifying, less overwhelming, less paralyzing. It becomes fully exposed with no secrets left to threaten you. You are 2 Corinthians 4, because although this darkness pressed you so hard, it did not crush you. Perhaps it struck you down, but look at you: You are not destroyed. You see that in the light. You are still standing. If you are still breathing, there is still hope. ~ Jen Hatmaker
2 Corinthians quotes by Jen Hatmaker
God comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us.-2 Corinthians 1:4 ~ Eugene H. Peterson
2 Corinthians quotes by Eugene H. Peterson
Let me tell you, my girl, that I'm swallowing no more of your insults! And if I hear another word from you in disparagement of the Corinthian set it will be very much the worse for you! ~ Georgette Heyer
2 Corinthians quotes by Georgette Heyer
I do not even put myself on trial and judge myself. 1 CORINTHIANS 4:3 ~ Joyce Meyer
2 Corinthians quotes by Joyce Meyer
he told me I wasn't crazy and gave me a Bible verse."
I smile at her. "You'll always be my Crazy Girl. What Bible verse?"
"Second Corinthians chapter four, verses sixteen to twenty. Do you know it? ~ Nancee Cain
2 Corinthians quotes by Nancee Cain
Shortly after I returned home from the Ukraine, I became severely ill with what doctors believed was a parasite. I couldn't hold my food down and lost a lot of weight. Different doctors kept prescribing me antibiotics, but none of them seemed to help. For a couple of months, I was poked and tested in a variety of ways, only to have more questions surface than answers. Then I was sent to an ear, nose, and throat doctor for an evaluation. I was sitting in a waiting room with a bunch of toddlers, when my name was called. By the time I got into the examination room I knew I'd had enough.
"Hey, I'm outta here," I told the doctor. "I'll take my chance with the resurrection."
Well, a couple of weeks later, my insurance agent called me. He was one of my lifelong friends and sounded concerned.
"Hey, Jase," he said. "Your insurance company wants you to see a psychiatrist."
Apparently, the ear, nose, and throat doctor recommended I undergo a full psychiatric evaluation based on my refusal to be examined, along with my speech on the resurrection! Apparently, he thought I was crazy. I convinced my buddy that I didn't need a psychiatrist and eventually got over my illness. I would later read a passage of scripture in the Bible that caused me to smile in reflection on the entire ordeal. Second Corinthians 5:13 says: "If we are out of our mind, as some say, it is for God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you. ~ Jase Robertson
2 Corinthians quotes by Jase Robertson
The third order, called Corinthian , is an imitation of the slenderness of a maiden; for the outlines and limbs of maidens, being more slender on account of their tender years, admit of prettier effects in the way of adornment. ~ Marcus Vitruvius Pollio
2 Corinthians quotes by Marcus Vitruvius Pollio
What makes the Bible's miracle stories so compelling is the idea that God cares about people's suffering, not simply their "spiritual blindness" or "spiritual poverty" but also their actual blindness and actual poverty. The apostle Paul insisted to the Corinthian church that the physical resurrection of Jesus, as witnessed by more than five hundred people, portends the resurrection of all who have died, all who have suffered, and that without it "our preaching is useless and so is your faith" (1 Corinthians 15:14). ~ Rachel Held Evans
2 Corinthians quotes by Rachel Held Evans
Examine yourselves, to see whether you are holding to your faith. Test yourselves. Do you not realize that Jesus Christ is in you? (II Corinthians 13:5) ~ Neville Goddard
2 Corinthians quotes by Neville Goddard
It was my study of the two Corinthian letters that first caused me to concentrate my attention more directly on the relation of the apostle Paul to the older apostles. ~ Ferdinand Christian Baur
2 Corinthians quotes by Ferdinand Christian Baur
Death for the Christian is the doorway to heaven's glory. Because of Christ's resurrection we can joyously say with Paul, "Where, O death, is your victory?" [1 Corinthians 15:55 NIV]. ~ Billy Graham
These Bibles included the Unrighteous Bible, so called from a printer's error which caused it to proclaim, in I Corinthians, "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall inherit the Kingdom of God?"; and the Wicked Bible, printed by Barker and Lucas in 1632, in which the word not was omitted from the seventh commandment, making it "Thou shalt commit Adultery." There were the Discharge Bible, the Treacle Bible, the Standing Fishes Bible, the Charing Cross Bible and the rest. ~ Terry Pratchett
2 Corinthians quotes by Terry Pratchett
This is the highest honour of the Church, that, until He is united to us, the Son of God reckons himself in some measure imperfect. What consolation is it for us to learn, that, not until we are along with him, does he possess all his parts, or wish to be regarded as complete! Hence, in the First Epistle to the Corinthians, when the apostle discusses largely the metaphor of a human body, he includes under the single name of Christ the whole Church. ~ John Calvin
2 Corinthians quotes by John Calvin
By itself, 1 Corinthians 15 just wouldn't mean much. He wants the appearances of 1 Corinthians 15:3-11 to be read as if they had in parentheses after them 'See Luke 24; Matthew 28; John 21.' ~ Robert M. Price
2 Corinthians quotes by Robert M. Price
You taught me what it means to fight for what you love.
You showed me great endurance in a manner that was unusual to me.
You fought for my heart until all the fight in you was gone without neglecting your brain.
You displayed to me what unconditional love should look like, if I were to stare at it in a mirror.
You loved me even on the days I found it difficult to even love myself.
You scooped down to help me up at my lowest.
You chained your heart to mine and stayed by my side even when all the signs gave you red lights about continuing our relationship.
You remained loyal, even when I became disloyal, and fulfilled the belief that many men are dogs.
You hung on longer than I expected,
Loved me more than I could ever imagine.
Some may have called you foolish for staying, but you showed me an aspect of love I've only read about in 1 Corinthians 13. ~ Pierre Alex Jeanty
2 Corinthians quotes by Pierre Alex Jeanty
Each one has his own gift from God, one in this manner and another in that. 1 CORINTHIANS 7:7 ~ Stormie O'martian
2 Corinthians quotes by Stormie O'martian
What would prevail in Christian tradition was not only the stark sayings of the gospels attributed to Jesus and the encouragements to celibacy that Paul urges upon believers in 1 Corinthians, but versions of these austere teachings modified to suit the purposes of the churches of the first and second centuries. ~ Elaine Pagels
2 Corinthians quotes by Elaine Pagels
"Let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall." 1 Corinthians 10:12 ~ Charles Haddon Spurgeon
2 Corinthians quotes by Charles Haddon Spurgeon
Remember ... that you are redeemed of the Lord [Ephesians 1:7]-that you are bought with a price [1 Corinthians 6:20], even the inestimable price of the precious blood of the Son of God ... Acquaint yourselves with Him in His word and holy ordinances. ~ William Samuel Johnson
2 Corinthians quotes by William Samuel Johnson
We could go to the extreme of giving away everything we have to feed, clothe, and house the poor, or we could sacrifice ourselves in the most heroic of ways, even our body or our life, but if we don't do those things out of a heart of pure love, they won't profit us in any way (1 Corinthians 13:3). Love is what gives meaning to all that we do. ~ Stormie O'martian
Paul's vision, though, is starting small, with actual communities in which reconciliation and justice has to be practiced - like the rich/poor distinction in the Corinthian church, for instance, or the projected reconciliation between Philemon and Onesimus. But he clearly believes (Ephesians 3) that communities like this send a signal to the wider world that Jesus is Lord - which is aimed at then the whole world coming into line. ~ N. T. Wright
2 Corinthians quotes by N. T. Wright
Our task is to implement Jesus' unique achievement. We are like the musicians called to play and sing the unique and once-only-written musical score. We don't have to write it again, but we have to play it. Or, in the image Paul uses in I Corinthians 3, we are now in the position of young architects discovering a wonderful foundation already laid by a master architect and having to work out what sort of building was intended. ~ N. T. Wright
2 Corinthians quotes by N. T. Wright
Whenever temptation comes, remember the wise counsel of the Apostle Paul, who declared, 'There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it' (1 Corinthians 10:13). ~ Thomas S. Monson
2 Corinthians quotes by Thomas S. Monson
No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. (1 Corinthians 10:13 NIV) ~ Jonathan McKee
2 Corinthians quotes by Jonathan McKee
When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things. ~ 1 Corinthians 13 11
2 Corinthians quotes by 1 Corinthians 13 11
The lamb was to be eaten with bitter herbs, as pointing back to the bitterness of the bondage in Egypt. So when we feed upon Christ, it should be with contrition of heart, because of our sins. The use of unleavened bread also was significant. It was expressly enjoined in the law of the Passover, and as strictly observed by the Jews in their practice, that no leaven should be found in their houses during the feast. In like manner the leaven of sin must be put away from all who would receive life and nourishment from Christ. So Paul writes to the Corinthian church, "Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump ... For even Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us: therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth." 1 Corinthians 5:7, 8. ~ Ellen G. White
2 Corinthians quotes by Ellen G. White
Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. (I Corinthians 13: 7-8a ESV) ~ Anonymous
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. Corinthians, 15:52 ~ Phillip W. Simpson
2 Corinthians quotes by Phillip W. Simpson
Christian wives tend to leave the 'fat books' and theology to their husbands. While this may look 'submissive' to some, it is actually disobedience. It is not enough that we know Proverbs 31, Ephesians 5, 1 Peter 3, and 1 Corinthians 1 and 14. We have to know more than how to be a good wife. After all, our calling is to be good Christians; and if we are good Christians, we will be good wives and mothers. We mustn't be afraid to deal with topics other than those which directly deal with being a wife and mother. ~ Nancy Wilson
2 Corinthians quotes by Nancy Wilson
Mission is a duty about which one must say 'Woe to me if I do not evangelize' (1 Corinthians 9:16) ... redemption and mission are acts of love [because] those who proclaim the Gospel participate in the charity of Christ. ~ Pope Benedict XVI
2 Corinthians quotes by Pope Benedict XVI
Neither is man independent of woman, nor woman independent of man, in the Lord" (1 Corinthians 11:11). ~ Stormie O'martian
1 CORINTHIANS 14 Pursue love, and earnestly desire the spiritual gifts, especially that you may prophesy. 2For one who speaks in a tongue speaks not to men but to God; for no one understands him, but he utters mysteries in the Spirit. 3On the other hand, the one who prophesies speaks to people for their upbuilding and encouragement and consolation. 4The one who speaks in a tongue builds up himself, but the one who prophesies builds up the church. 5Now I want you all to speak in tongues, but even more to prophesy. The one who prophesies is greater than the one who speaks in tongues, unless someone interprets, so that the church may be built up. ~ Anonymous
Paul's exciting and paradoxical proclamation is that "God's folly is wiser than human wisdom, and God's weakness is stronger than human strength" (1 Corinthians 1:25). He says that only Spirit can hold and absorb the seeming contradictions and allow us to see and to know from an utterly new and unitive vantage point, which is the deepening fruit of contemplation. Only Spirit-in-us can know non-dually or paradoxically and absorb contradictions - inside of and with God. Only God's Spirit-with-us can fully forgive, accept, and allow reality to be what it is. Neither logic nor law can fully achieve this, but participation with and in God can. (This does not make logic or law unnecessary; they are simply inadequate to the work of transformation.) ~ Richard Rohr
2 Corinthians quotes by Richard Rohr
Corinthians 1:3-4 where it states how we are to comfort others in the same manner in which we were comforted. Put another way: the dirt that was meant to bury us can be used as soil to grow another. ~ Dr. Ronnie W. Goines
2 Corinthians quotes by Dr. Ronnie W. Goines
So we do not lose heart...Though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed every day. For this slight momentary affliction is preparing us for an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, because we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen; for the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal...So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith, not by sight. We are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord. So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him. (Second Corinthians) ~ John Irving
2 Corinthians quotes by John Irving
2 Books On Goodreads Quotes «
» Anointing Quotes