2 Amendment Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 2 Amendment.

Quotes About 2 Amendment

Enjoy collection of 50 2 Amendment quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 2 Amendment. Righ click to see and save pictures of 2 Amendment quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms. ~ Thomas Jefferson
2 Amendment quotes by Thomas Jefferson
Be yourself,its the best thing you can be. ~ Selena Gomez
2 Amendment quotes by Selena Gomez
All children should be welcomed into the world and protected by the law. As President, I would immediately repeal President Clinton's five executive orders that promote abortion. I support a human life bill that defines unborn children as persons under the 14th Amendment. I will vigorously defend the pro-life plank in the Republican platform. ~ Gary Bauer
2 Amendment quotes by Gary Bauer
The word 'free' is used three times in the Declaration of Independence and once in the First Amendment to the Constitution, along with 'freedom.' The word 'fair' is not used in either of our founding documents. ~ Milton Friedman
2 Amendment quotes by Milton Friedman
I think the shooter is Kevin Burns. I know him pretty well. Maybe I can talk him down."
"Are you nuts? He's crazy. Everyone knows he's a lunatic. No one can talk him down. Get out of there!"
"I can't sit around and do nothing. I have to do something. Remember what Mom and Dad told us after Father Gerry? If you have a chance to save or protect innocent people, you have to make that sacrifice. I won't let another predator get the best of me."
"That's not what they meant, you idiot! Get the hell out of there and let the police handle it. I'm sure they're on their way!"
"If anything happens to me, I want you to know you're the best little brother a guy could hope for, squirt. Take care. I love you."
"I love you too. Please don't do anything stupid."
"We're going to get out of this together. Understand? We're best brothers, forever."
"Forever, bro . . . ~ Mark M. Bello
2 Amendment quotes by Mark M. Bello
But it's hard to talk about art. Maybe there should be a law against it, some First Amendment gag order like crying fire in a crowded theater. ~ Stanley Elkin
2 Amendment quotes by Stanley Elkin
While 45 of the 50 States have either a State constitutional amendment or a statute that preserves the current definition of marriage, left-wing activist judges and officials at the local levels have struck down State laws protecting marriage. ~ John Boehner
2 Amendment quotes by John Boehner
As a consequence, the Court ruled that the limits on campaign spending violated the First Amendment, but it accepted the $1,000 limit on individual contributions on the ground that the need to avoid the appearance of corruption justified this limited constraint on speech. ~ James L. Buckley
2 Amendment quotes by James L. Buckley
The First Amendment has the same role in my life as a citizen and a writer as the sun has in our ecosystem. ~ Michael Chabon
2 Amendment quotes by Michael Chabon
Just a thought for all you God-fearin', gun-lovin', Bible-thumpin' 2nd Amendment patriots. If it turns out Heaven's a gun-free zone, what's plan B??? ~ Quentin R. Bufogle
2 Amendment quotes by Quentin R. Bufogle
Today neither of our two parties maintains a meaningful commitment to the principle of States' Rights. The 10th Amendment is not a 'general assumption' but a rule of law. States rights mean that states have a right to act or not to act, as they see fit, in areas reserved to them. ~ Barry Goldwater
2 Amendment quotes by Barry Goldwater
There is nothing as dangerous as an unembodied principle: no matter what blood flows, the principle comes first. The First Amendment absolutists operate precisely on unembodied principle ... ~ Andrea Dworkin
2 Amendment quotes by Andrea Dworkin
The First Amendment doesn't give anybody the right to be heard. People don't have to listen to you. ~ Rush Limbaugh
2 Amendment quotes by Rush Limbaugh
If people give up their attachment to expansive government, they will feel free to fight the income tax. ~ Sheldon Richman
2 Amendment quotes by Sheldon Richman
The English Language Amendment says above all, 'Let's see to it that our children, our young people, learn English. Let us not deny them the opportunity to participate in American life, so that they can go as far as their dreams and talents can take them. ~ S.I. Hayakawa
2 Amendment quotes by S.I. Hayakawa
If the GOP truly cared about saving lives, they'd stop blocking gun violence research. ~ DaShanne Stokes
2 Amendment quotes by DaShanne Stokes
My greatest disappointment in all the projects I worked on during the White House years was the failure of the Equal Rights Amendment to be ratified ... Why all the controversy and why such difficulty in giving women the protection of the Constitution that should have been theirs long ago? ~ Rosalynn Carter
2 Amendment quotes by Rosalynn Carter
From gun shows, where they openly promote their product by imploring customers to buy "while you still can," to homegrown militias who apparently believe in their blessed little hearts that they, a group of overweight forty-and fifty-year-old men who have never even had Boy Scout–level training and can't jog a mile, are the protectors of America, the Second Amendment has by far got to be the most countercultured of all the amendments. Obviously, there are groups that take the First Amendment very seriously, but it's tough to imagine a group of soccer moms getting together on the weekends to discuss "tactics" on how to keep free speech alive and comparing notes on their sweet new semiautomatic megaphones they use to proudly shout about their rights at "free speech shows. ~ Trae Crowder
2 Amendment quotes by Trae Crowder
He was prodding her. Let him. They were on safe ground. "Well, in trying to satisfy one amendment, it looks like they rubbed out another one. The Tenth. It's only a small amendment, only one sentence long, but it seemed to be the one that meant the most, somehow. ~ Harper Lee
2 Amendment quotes by Harper Lee
But freedom to differ is not limited to things that do not matter much. That would be a mere shadow of freedom. The test of substance is the right to differ as to things that touch the heart of the existing order. ~ Robert Jackson
2 Amendment quotes by Robert Jackson
We've got some people who think Shariah law oughta be the law of the land, forget the Constitution. But the guns are there, the Second Amendment is there, to make sure all of the rest of the amendments are followed. ~ Louie Gohmert
2 Amendment quotes by Louie Gohmert
SECOND AMENDMENT
A "well-regulated militia" means regulated by the government. We need prudent regulation for guns. Let's all accept that. We don't need anyone to have machine guns. We can wait a little while on a background check (but if you're white with a bowl cut, then you have to go to the back of the line, Preston). Support prudent legislation designed to keep other guns away from the mentally ill and criminal elements. If you're paranoid that all these laws are designed to take away your gun, then we're going to assume you're mentally ill or criminal. But now let's be clear: guns rock. Hunting is awesome. Keep your guns. But, like, we gotta regulate 'em, y'all. We have to. ~ Trae Crowder
The First Amendment is first for a reason - it cannot be ignored by the D.C. City Council. ~ James Lankford
2 Amendment quotes by James Lankford
The First Amendment says keep government out of religion. It doesn't say keep religion out of government. ~ Rand Paul
2 Amendment quotes by Rand Paul
Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievance
Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized. ~ The Founding Fathers
2 Amendment quotes by The Founding Fathers
The First Amendment isn't about free thought and free opinion and free belief. The First Amendment is about free exercise
the carrying into practice of religious principles, and beliefs, and convictions. ~ Alan Keyes
2 Amendment quotes by Alan Keyes
No one respects the First Amendment more than I do. People have a right to express their concerns and their hopes and dreams to their government. ~ Anthony Foxx
2 Amendment quotes by Anthony Foxx
[Confiscating a book and punishing its author] is a sign that one does not have a good case, or at least doesn't trust it enough to defend it with reasons and refute the objections. Some people even go so far as to consider prohibited or confiscated books to be the best ones of all, for the prohibition indicates that their authors wrote what they really thought rather than what they were supposed to think ... ~ Laszlo Radvanyi
2 Amendment quotes by Laszlo Radvanyi
The erosion of privacy rights under the Fourth Amendment, written to protect us against unreasonable search and seizure, began in earnest under President George W. Bush. ~ Rebecca MacKinnon
2 Amendment quotes by Rebecca MacKinnon
I believe the equal rights amendment is a necessity of life for all citizens. The cabinet sometimes felt that I shouldn't be so outspoken. ~ Betty Ford
2 Amendment quotes by Betty Ford
Chief Justice Warren Burger, a conservative appointed by Richard Nixon, described the new interpretation of the Second Amendment in an interview after his tenure as 'one of the greatest pieces of fraud-I repeat the word FRAUD-on the American public by special-interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime. ~ Fareed Zakaria
2 Amendment quotes by Fareed Zakaria
The Constitution guarantees the right of the People to have any person they choose assist them in court. This was the first Constitutional right the lawyers' cartel had to scrap. To this end, the Bar Association, through its member judges, interpreted the word "counsel" in the Sixth Amendment to mean "attorney-at-law" (which is, by definition, a member of their cartel). The word counsel can be found in any dictionary, and its primary meaning is not "attorney-at-law." In fact, it means any person who gives advice. ~ Joseph Befumo
2 Amendment quotes by Joseph Befumo
You're suppressing my first amendment rights," she said, voice muffled. "You don't live in America; you live in the United States of Teague. ~ Lauren Gilley
2 Amendment quotes by Lauren Gilley
Malcolm was such a spellbinding orator that the fact that he was also a political theoretician is little appreciated, but he was. He advocated, for example, that instead of pursuing the diversionary goal of integration, Black people ought to control their own communities economically and politically and fight to exercise their Fifteenth Amendment right to vote nationwide. Then they could extricate themselves from the hypocritical grasp of the two-party system and be an independent political power in their own right. But if America was unwilling to "do the right thing," voting-wise and otherwise, Malcolm advised Blacks to emulate the revolutionary struggles of Africa, Vietnam, Cuba, Algeria, et al. and fight for their liberation too, i.e., "the Ballot or the Bullet." Accordingly, ~ Jared Ball
2 Amendment quotes by Jared Ball
Foolish liberals who are trying to read the Second Amendment out of the Constitution by claiming it's not an individual right or that it's too much of a public safety hazard, don't see the danger in the big picture. They're courting disaster by encouraging others to use the same means to eliminate portions of the Constitution they don't like. ~ Alan M. Dershowitz
2 Amendment quotes by Alan M. Dershowitz
The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered as the palladium of the liberties of a republic ... ~ Joseph Story
2 Amendment quotes by Joseph Story
Every man - in the development of his own personality - has the right to form his own beliefs and opinions. Hence, suppression of belief, opinion and expression is an affront to the dignity of man, a negation of man's essential nature.
[Toward a General Theory of the First Amendment (1963)] ~ Thomas I. Emerson
2 Amendment quotes by Thomas I. Emerson
In the midst of all of this local peace and harmony, a man named Ronald John was now the President-elect of the United States. He campaigned on a platform that promised to "rid America of the Muslim scourge." What does this mean? Arya pondered. Does this man seriously intend to engage in the process of deporting all Muslims, whether here legally or illegally, whether citizens or non-citizens? Isn't that unconstitutional? Arya Khan was inspirited and . . . terrified. ~ Mark M. Bello
Bring it on, Tron! I dare you. Try to take away my freedom of expression. I'm a journalist. A free-speech warrior. I serve in the Army of the First Amendment. I didn't take this job for the bad money and the regressive health care coverage. I'm here for the truth, the sunshine, the casting open of closed doors! < ~ Rainbow Rowell
2 Amendment quotes by Rainbow Rowell
EIGHTH AMENDMENT
The government shall not "crack down" on drug crime while taking kickbacks from industries and companies perpetuating addiction and abuse. You can't fight wars on drugs - only on people. The drug war kills people, not drugs. Anytime you hear a politician talk about being tough on drugs but then say nothing about pharmaceutical companies, doctors, or insurance providers needing reform as well, you call them what they are: hacks. And hit them in the fa - we mean, vote against them. ~ Trae Crowder
The First Amendment is often inconvenient. But that is beside the point. Inconvenience does not absolve the government of its obligation to tolerate speech. ~ Anthony Kennedy
2 Amendment quotes by Anthony Kennedy
All this Second Amendment shit is a money grab for these people. Follow the damned money! ~ Mark M. Bello
I suggest due process, speedy trials, and public hangings. ~ L. Neil Smith
2 Amendment quotes by L. Neil Smith
Well for one, the 13th amendment to the constitution of the US which abolished slavery - did not abolish slavery for those convicted of a crime. ~ Angela Davis
2 Amendment quotes by Angela Davis
The Second Amendment, like all of our rights, is reliant on a moral and virtuous people. Without that, nothing else matters. Man can not rule himself if ... moral sentiment is missing. ~ Glenn Beck
2 Amendment quotes by Glenn Beck
I'm a defender of the Second Amendment to the Constitution. ~ Joe Manchin
2 Amendment quotes by Joe Manchin
What religious Americans might have been slow to realize is that the ACLU's long march through the institutions of America has culminated at the door of Obama's White House. Behind that door stands the one we have "been waiting for," as liberals chanted about Obama in 2008. Obama is the fulfillment of the ACLU's messianic secularist hopes. No president has done more to empty the public square of Christians than Barack Obama. To the delight of secularists, Obama has been stacking the federal courts with ACLU-style judges who read the First Amendment through an ahistorical and atheistic prism, or as they like to call it, the "living Constitution," which is nothing more than a euphemism for whatever they think the Constitution should mean in our supposedly enlightened times. ~ Phyllis Schlafly
2 Amendment quotes by Phyllis Schlafly
It is called the First Amendment ... Simple words marching in seried ranks. Compact, concise. To the point. Clear and pure. It's freedom's music. ~ Jack Valenti
2 Amendment quotes by Jack Valenti
We can ignore even pleasure. But pain insists upon being attended to. God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world ... No doubt pain as God's megaphone is a terrible instrument; it may lead to final and unrepented rebellion. But it gives the only opportunity the bad man can have for amendment. it removes the veil; it plants the flag of truth within the fortress of the rebel soul. ~ C.S. Lewis
2 Amendment quotes by C.S. Lewis
When the 14th Amendment, equal protection clause was enacted, the galleries in the Senate were segregated. Now we have integration. ~ Arlen Specter
2 Amendment quotes by Arlen Specter
High School Commencement Quotes «
» College Graduation Quotes